As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sticky Speaker Pads

AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
A while back on ThinkGeek, they had these little sticky pads that you could attach to a flat surface, turning that surface into a (probably crappy) speaker. They don't have them anymore, and I'm looking for something similar, ideally with its own built in amp, with rca line input.

The SoundBug is pretty close to what I want, but it's a bit unbalanced looking, I need it to be quite stable even if what it's stuck to is being moved around. Also, I'd prefer something a little more permanent than a suction cup.

Bonus question: how well do you think something like that would work stuck to the back of an acoustic guitar made of wood?

Atheraal on

• Rigor MortisRigor Mortis Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Not a suction cup....so, like these?

Seems they're often suggested to go with the T-Amp series

I doubt finding one with a built in amp would be easy.... given that the exciter needs to vibrate and the amp probably shouldn't :P

Rigor Mortis on
  • AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Heh. True, that's probably why the soundbug is shaped like that. :P

Those exciters look like what I'm looking for, hopefully I can find a place that ships them to Canada.

I'll probably end up just building an amp for 'em, unless I happen to have one laying about.

Atheraal on
  • Rigor MortisRigor Mortis Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Atheraal wrote: »
    Heh. True, that's probably why the soundbug is shaped like that. :P

Those exciters look like what I'm looking for, hopefully I can find a place that ships them to Canada.

I'll probably end up just building an amp for 'em, unless I happen to have one laying about.

Go here..

Here is the product page

I order from there so I know they ship Canadabound

And if you're looking for the subwoofer equivalent....

Rigor Mortis on
  • AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Fantastic, thanks! That sub version probably won't suit my particular needs here, but looking at it I can't help but think of mounting one to the bottom of a tray, and trying this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq3ZjY0Uf-g

Atheraal on