As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Obama's first (not really) State of the Union - Texts in OP

1232425262729»

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah all those are funny gaffes said by old people trying to understand something beyond their years.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    moniker wrote: »
    The gaffe was that he said website number instead of website address. Making it comparable to 'the google' and 'the internets.' However I never really saw appropriating those two as horrible attacks on Bush so much as convivial memes.

"The internets" is the best thing Bush ever did besides PEPFAR as far as I'm concerned.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    my favorite part was when the fox guy was like "joebiden dot gaffe" or something and yukked it up

Medopine on
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm not sure which politic thread this should go in, but this one has "obama" in the title, so I'm putting it here
    Saad Hussein, an Ethiopian refugee in his late 20s, sent a number of items to the offices of the Illinois government in the weeks before the US President's inauguration, according to court documents.

One envelope contained a letter with reddish stains and an admission ticket for Mr Obama's election night celebration in Grant Park, Chicago.

Court documents claim Hussein told FBI agents he is "very sick with HIV" and cut his fingers with a razor so he could bleed on the letter.

A spokesman for the U.S. Postal Inspection Service said that this is only the second time that HIV-infected blood has been sent with malicious intent through the U.S. mail system. [...]

After the envelope was opened, Hazmat teams were called in. The offices of the Illinois Department on Aging, as well as the Dept. of Revenue were locked down for about two hours. 300 staff members were thus stuck in their offices.

Using his brother as an interpreter, Hussein told the FBI that he was an "admirer" of Obama. He also said that he was "seeking help from the government", and that he was hoping to obtain tickets to the inauguration in Washington D.C.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I don't think sending biohazardous mail is a good way to get yourself a ticket.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I don't think sending biohazardous mail is a good way to get yourself a ticket.

Although it is kinda funny that they treated days old blood stains in a way that would make 4th graders in 1989 seem calm and rational.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Why would they need to send a team to clean it up? It is just old blood. You could liquidize the paper with the stain on it and inject it directly into your bloodstream without getting HIV.

Couscous on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, but I think in an official situation, blood = biohazard. I know in a lot of places, if it's got blood or vomit on it, at the very least it goes in the green baggies and the special dumpster.

edit: Also they maybe wanted to look like they actually cared about threats against Obama now. As opposed to the whole freakout over someone mailing powdered sugar to McCain, and basically ignore the gun wielding meth heads wanting to kill Obama.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, but I think in an official situation, blood = biohazard. I know in a lot of places, if it's got blood or vomit on it, at the very least it goes in the green baggies and the special dumpster.

edit: Also they maybe wanted to look like they actually cared about threats against Obama now. As opposed to the whole freakout over someone mailing powdered sugar to McCain, and basically ignore the gun wielding meth heads wanting to kill Obama.
    Also, Obama was technically the president-elect by that point.

Fencingsax on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    Couscous wrote: »
    Why would they need to send a team to clean it up? It is just old blood. You could liquidize the paper with the stain on it and inject it directly into your bloodstream without getting HIV.

All biohazards must be treated the same way for insurance purposes.

FyreWulff on