As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The New Comic Book Movies (And Games) Thread

1565758596062»

• Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I didn't realize Iron Man was a 12 year old. You learn something new every day!

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Really?

The man has built an entire career on both being a cowboy and a loose cannon cop on the edge and you choose the latest of his movies to reference?

Do better.

As old Bruce Wayne, he wins an orangutan in an F-1 race. the orangutan reminds him of his youth, so he shaves his moustache and redons his outfit, deputizing the orangutan as his new robin. then together they fight off a nazi-joker-biker gang that alfred, old, and rude keeps cussing at from the wayne manor lawn.

"Right turn, Robin."

EDIT: Where's Ku Klux Faynor bitching about me changing not only Robin's skin-tone, but his species as well?

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Oh, yeah, because I just hate Black People.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I knew it

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    That offends me, some of my best friends are black!

/sarcasm.

Seriously though. One of my best friends is 1/2 black. That means I'm friends with like 20% of the alaskan african-american population.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    bychancebychance Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Cool. Knowing the history of DC comics and their movies, this probably won't happen any time soon.

bychance on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yep.
    I keep getting the impression Nick is almost de-aging. He keeps getting younger looking from twenty years ago to Secret War to SI and now in Secret Warriors.

Well, he does have that formula in him (Infinity Formula? something like that) that is supposed to mess w/ his aging...

Right. But mine is more of a commentary on art style.

Though that would be funny, since Natalia has a version herself, for Cap to end up becoming a kid toucher.

Have you seen Secret Warriors? The dude looks older than ever, people were thinking the formula must be running out now that he's out of SHIELD.

Scooter on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Just to be more specific, my problem with Jackson as Fury is the fact that he's a fuckin' terrible actor. However, for some reason, the geeks and nerds and such of the world have such a fucking hardon for him that he keeps getting work. Keeps getting to play the same crappy "bad ass" character over and over.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Just to be more specific, my problem with Jackson as Fury is the fact that he's a fuckin' terrible actor. However, for some reason, the geeks and nerds and such of the world have such a fucking hardon for him that he keeps getting work. Keeps getting to play the same crappy "bad ass" character over and over.

yeah, seriously... what were they thinking casting the quintessential bad ass as Nick Fury.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    He's a fine actor. Unfortunately, he is now payed to play SAM MOTHERFUCKING JACKSON! rather than actual characters.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well put.

There are times when he's shown acting chops. It's still not great, but it's fine.

However, now that he's OMG BADASS, it just gets worse and worse. Yet somehow people just keep thinking he's cooler and cooler.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I think one of the reasons we love Sam Jackson is that it's blatantly obvious that the guy enjoys what he does. He picks projects based on what sounds fun, he loves the characters he plays, and he uses his fame to get crazy-ass projects like Snakes on a Plane and Afro-Samurai rolling so he can have more fun doing them. And that enthusiasm shows in his work. Dude loves his job, and we love watching him do it.

He's Sam Mother-Fucking Jackson for a reason, and I can't think of anyone I'd rather have behind the eyepatch.

Bitstream on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Remember that the real reason he's Fury at all is because Ultimates Fury was specifically modeled after him.

It's more along the lines of establishing it true to the book, and then keeping some consistency.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Bloods End wrote: »
    1235799796.jpg&h=300

"
    The fabric of intergalactic justice is threatened – until Hal Jordan arrives for his initial mission – in the animated Green Lantern: First Flight, the fifth entry in the popular DVD series of DC Universe Animated Original PG-13 Movies. A co-production of Warner Premiere, DC Comics and Warner Bros. Animation, the illuminated hero’s first-ever full-length animated film is set for release by Warner Home Video on July 28, 2009. Green Lantern: First Flight will be available as a special edition 2-disc version on DVD and Blu-Ray™ Hi-Def for $29.98 (SRP) and $34.99 (SRP), respectively, as well as single disc DVD for $19.98 (SRP). Order due date for all versions is June 23, 2009.
    Acclaimed actor Christopher Meloni (Law & Order: Special Victims Unit) fills the lead voice of Hal Jordan aka Green Lantern. Meloni is joined by fellow Emmy Award nominee Victor Garber (Milk, Titanic) as the villainous Sinestro, Tricia Helfer (Battlestar Galactica) as the voice of Boodikka, and Michael Madsen (Reservoir Dogs) as Kilowog.
    Produced by animation legend Bruce Timm, Green Lantern: First Flight is helmed by heralded director Lauren Montgomery (Wonder Woman, Superman Doomsday) and scripted by four-time Emmy Award-winning writer Alan Burnett (The Batman).
    Green Lantern: First Flight finds Hal Jordan recruited to join the Green Lantern Corps and placed under the supervision of respected senior Lantern Sinestro. The earthling soon discovers his mentor is actually the central figure in a secret conspiracy that threatens the philosophies, traditions and hierarchy of the entire Green Lantern Corps. Hal must quickly hone his newfound powers and combat the treasonous Lanterns within the ranks to maintain order in the universe.
    Green Lantern: First Flight - 2 Disc Special Edition versions will include incredible bonus features such as:
    Over three hours of extra content
    Two Featurettes
    Digital Copy Download
    Widescreen (1.78:1)
    Two Episodes of Justice League hand-picked by animation legend Bruce Timm
    Green Lantern: First Flight Blu-Ray versions will include all the great extras as the 2-disc
    Special Edition as well as an additional two episodes of Justice League picked by Bruce Timm.
    “Warner Premiere along with our partners at DC and Warner Home Video has enjoyed great success with the DC Universe titles, and we’re proud to present this first feature-length animated Green Lantern film,” said Diane Nelson, President, Warner Premiere. “‘First Flight’ is a compelling story and a great vehicle to tell this iconic character’s story to both new and longtime fans."

Hal Jordan will investigate sex crimes in space

Bloods End on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I wish Kyle got more time on the spotlight.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    If you wanted a Green Lantern movie to really capture the public, I think you'd need to either use Kyle or John, or perhaps a mixture of the two. Hero artist and hero architect are two things that haven't been done before, whereas heroic flyboy is a bit more familiar.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Man I'd love it if the Green Lantern movie was just Top Gun but with power rings

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    1ddqd1ddqd Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Man I'd love it if the Green Lantern movie was just Top Gun but with power rings

"Sorry, the co-lantern's plaque is in the ladies room"

No, just not the same ring to it.

1ddqd on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Kyougu wrote: »

i don't think DC editorial can hear you. They like to crank the volume up really high when watching Super Friends and jerking it.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

i don't think DC editorial can hear you. They like to crank the volume up really high when watching Super Friends and jerking it.

What's Kyle status in DC anyways? I read alot of his earlier stuff, since the character appealed to me. I really liked his costume, and loved how he seemed to actually have fun using the ring, creating all sorts of wacky stuff. Then the whole ION thing happened and i stopped following as closely.

When I heard Hal was returning I dropped the book completely. I knew they wouldn't throw Kyle out of DC, but I figured Hal would be THE Green Lantern. Was I wrong?

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

What's Kyle status in DC anyways? I read alot of his earlier stuff, since the character appealed to me. I really liked his costume, and loved how he seemed to actually have fun using the ring, creating all sorts of wacky stuff. Then the whole ION thing happened and i stopped following as closely.

When I heard Hal was returning I dropped the book completely. I knew they wouldn't throw Kyle out of DC, but I figured Hal would be THE Green Lantern. Was I wrong?

Kyle and Guy are featured prominently in Green Lantern Corps... which if you have interest in Green Lantern at all, I suggest you read, because it's awesome.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    1ddqd wrote: »

"Sorry, the co-lantern's plaque is in the ladies room"

No, just not the same ring to it.
    Are you kidding me? It could totally work.

Alan: Jordan, you just did an incredibly brave thing. What you should have done was respond to your ring! You don't own that ring, the Guardians do! Son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash. You've been busted, you've lost your qualifications as Sector 2814 section leader three times, put on Prime Duty twice by me, with a history of illegal interference over five unauthorized sectors - and one underage Corps member!

Kyle: Arisia? Again??

Hal: (shrug)

Alan: [at Kyle] And you, asshole, you're lucky to be here!

Kyle: Thank you, sir.

The Judge on
    Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    The volleyball scene would be so bitchin.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    1ddqd1ddqd Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Barry: Kyle who's butt did you kiss to get in here anyway?
    Kyle: The list is long, but distinguished.
    Barry: Yeah, well so is my Johnson.
    Yeah, it could totally work!

1ddqd on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    This idea has grown on me.

Alex: Hey Kyle you big stud!
    Kyle: That's me, honey.
    Alex: Take me to bed or find me in a refrigerator.
    Kyle: Show me the way home, honey.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    July 28th

I can't decide, is that a faster than usual turn-around? It'd be cool if they really have these well-queued, and we can expect one every three months like clockwork.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I'd like to see one of DKR.

If I recall correctly, a Bruce Timm Artbook has some work he did on the DKR characters for a pitch to animate it back in the 90s.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    There was an animated version of DKR in one episode of BTAS.

"This is an operating table."

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    look I just want a haunted tank movie

is this too much to ask for

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009

You have a better chance of finding a real haunted tank.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I hope this GL movie leads into a Sinestro Corps War movie.

I mean, it probably won't, but I bet they'll at least toss in some foreshadowing at the end just as an easter egg to the fans.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

You have a better chance of finding a real haunted tank.

gonna make a haunted tank movie just to spite you now

gonna cast kurt russel as general stewart

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    i'd watch it.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    anyone who says they wouldn't watch a haunted tank movie is a liar

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Or blind?

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    There will be a braile version of the movie

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I think it's fitting that your Haunted Tank has killed this thread.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    kilt it stone ded

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
This discussion has been closed.