As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Official Civil War Discussion 2.0

• Options
    AzraelAzrael Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Matt is back in town…Danny is spending time with New Avengers as Iron Fist…so I would assume that's Matt. Still doesn't explain what the hell he's doing there.

I think its a convention exclusive cover, and Turner just got to draw whoever the fuck he wanted so long as he put Black Panter in the background. Would explain why they have Monica in there when they are probably being careful avout how they use her in continuity right now.

Azrael on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Azrael wrote:
    Matt is back in town…Danny is spending time with New Avengers as Iron Fist…so I would assume that's Matt. Still doesn't explain what the hell he's doing there.

I think its a convention exclusive cover, and Turner just got to draw whoever the fuck he wanted so long as he put Black Panter in the background. Would explain why they have Monica in there when they are probably being careful avout how they use her in continuity right now.

No, we found out in the last BP that BP has been using Monica Rambeau for "something". We just don't know what yet.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Potential spoilers for CW#7 have been found via this week's 52 spoilers. The guy putting them up on Newsarama used Just Lotta Animals names to avoid being busted. These aren't 100% proven as legit so take them with a grain of salt while you translate the names mentally.
    Newsarama wrote:
    Previously on Earth C: Home to Captain Carrot and his Amazing Zoo Crew…
    Due to the accidental and untimely slaughter of wee ones in the rabbit warrens at Abraham Linkidd Elementary School in Springfield Cow-Necticut, Pig-Iron helped push through the Vegetarian Act. This new act was not favored by all and soon the Anti-Vegetarian forces took up actions lead by Yankee Poodle. This lead to friends against friends, and family members against family members which split up such super-hero teams as the Furtastic Four and the Newt Avengers. And while the fighting at times became fierce the greatest loss was the death of Bill Forester aka Goatliath at the hands of a dolly* version of the Thunder Dog created by Pig Iron and Rubberduck. When last we saw, both sides of the Vegetarian Act as they begin battle in Area 52 of the Not-So-Positive Zone.

We now continue with Civil Warren #7
    As the fight continues in the Not-So-Positive Zone between friend and foe, Digger advises her team mate Croak that he is going to have to teleport everyone out. Upon teleporting everyone finds themselves falling from the sky just outside of the Barkster Building in Gnu York. Team mates help team mates safely to the ground as the fighting continues. Reinforcements are then joined for both side, The Vegetarian side from Door, (the dolly version of the Thunder Dog) and Floundor and his Amphibians. The battle becomes more fierce with many are hurt, including Rubberduck who while trying to save his wife, Sue Swan, he is shot by Tuskmaster and Hareculse takes out Door. ***Oh poor poor Tuskmaster, you should know better than to upset Sue…and you know it from the look in your eyes*** Pig-Iron is taken down by Yankee Poodle who is about to finish the fight when she is grabbed by a number of citizens of Gnu York. Poodle takes notice of the damage that their fight has caused and orders both sides to stand down. Poodle then removes her mask, drops it on the ground, and allows herself to be arrested and taken away with the mask retrieved by the Punish-hare. The 50 State Initiative goes into place with a number of holdouts from Yankee Poodles team still “underground”. Sue Swam returns to her husband Rubberduck and Peter Porkchops, Pig-Iron, is given the position of Director of S.H.E.D.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Oh.

Oh dear.

If those are true.

One word comes to mind:

Anticlimactic.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Oh.

Oh dear.

If those are true.

One word comes to mind:

Anticlimactic.

this whole series has been anti-climatic

Algertman on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Algertman wrote: »
    this whole series has been anti-climatic

You know... you could just put "Generic Algertman Comment" whenever you want to post, it'll save you, and us, a great deal of time.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Sentry wrote: »
    You know... you could just put "Generic Algertman Comment" whenever you want to post, it'll save you, and us, a great deal of time.

Yeah, but this time he's actually right.

Dear lord I felt dirty writing that.

Everything after the end of 3 has been meh.

I hope WWH will be better but Greg Pak writing it, I'm eh. Planet Hulk was good but everything else he seems to do is meh to horrible.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Oh god.

Cow-nnecticut.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    The next Marvel Event should be written by Garth Ennis and entitled "Nick Fury Gets Pissed and Kills Some Fuckers"

Bloods End on
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    That's not a resolution... that's not a resolution at all!

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Umm... yeah. Isn't someone supposed to die? The solicits for Fallen Son say there's a big death, but the spoiler contained none. Plus, i don't think Marvel would let something so completely and utterly terrible through as their "big universe changing event".

I call shenanigans.

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    MelMel Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So wait, does that mean Sue kills Taskypoo? They still haven't explained his absence from the new T-bolts.

Oh man, they wouldn't do that would they?

Mel on
    71854.jpg
  • Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yep. Downright anti-climactic. Of course, at this point unless Tony or Steve dies, any resolution will be anti-climactic.

We already know that one Avengers team continues to be underground and unregistered and one team is all above-board.

We already know that the Registration Act continues in force, and that this division is here to stay (at least until the end of the summer).

With all that non-resolution on the big, important question, the only way to have the whole series not be a let down is to kill someone really important (or nuke a city, but dramatic death is certainly called for).

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Well crap. I was thinking about it and yeah, they actually did what I hoped would be done, which was not use a reset button at the end and actually did some lasting change to the status quo. The thing that shits me is that if the series ended at issue #3 you really would have the same effect as ending it here at #7.

What the hell, Marvel, what the hell?

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Man, I am glad I stopped buying this.

Skullo on
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

Am I lying though? NOPE!

Algertman on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Wildcat on
  • Options
    CowbombCowbomb Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Civil War #7 Preview.

The Spider-Man panel has me praying that he kicks the crap out of Iron Man a bit.

Cowbomb on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Algertman wrote: »
    Am I lying though? NOPE!

Just because you managed to be right once doesn't make your points any more valid.

Taking legitimate shots at Civil War is not as difficult as it might seem.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    There are going to be so many blue-balled Civil War fans come Wednesday. Even if the climax is better than what the spoilers delineate, expectations were just way too high.

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Just because you managed to be right once doesn't make your points any more valid.

Taking legitimate shots at Civil War is not as difficult as it might seem.

The expression "Even a broken clock is right twice a day" has never been more appropriate.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Woulda been cool if both Tony and Cap shouted Avengers assemble.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Wildcat wrote: »

Hahaha
    b47192a finding cmd stark1-smack-bitchup.exe
    run I SAY THEE NAYYY begin hammerthrow
    throwing...

activating hammer retrieval protocol...
    cmd "stark2-whupass.exe"
    run BY MY TROTH!
    initiate plasma collection and discharge sequence
    discharging...

EDIT: AHAHAHA
    cmd takedown.exe
    ERROR
    reroute finding alt.file killallhumans.exe
    init plasmablast
    firing...

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    Is that chick Lady Deathstrike in the preview?

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Cowbomb wrote: »
    Civil War #7 Preview.

The Spider-Man panel has me praying that he kicks the crap out of Iron Man a bit.
    I like how not only is not only punching the fuck out of Spider-womans head, Spidey is kicking Doc Samson in the head.
    "OW FUCK, DUDE!"
    "Sorry, Doc. Nothing personal."

"Sorry, Jess. Nothing personal...Oh shit, I think I killed her."

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Is that chick Lady Deathstrike in the preview?

Yeah. She's totally deadly.

Malkor on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Why does Cap's comment to Lady Deathstrike sound more like one of his parody versions?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Because in a way, the parody's dialogue is light years better.
    srsly, Tarps-R-Us

Malkor on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    Because in everyway, the parody's dialogue is light years better.
    srsly, Tarps-R-Us

Fixed.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    i liked the original much better

"Oh man, i am the only black hero here, i am so dead...oh wait, there's goliath. PHEW"

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    i liked the original much better

"Oh man, i am the only black hero here, i am so dead...oh wait, there's goliath. PHEW"

I was about to post pretty much the same thing. This newest one seemed a bit contrived.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So I guess that Tony Stark really is the Director of shield and that artist really did fuck up. Also, the whole "story that can't see the light of day because it will ruin everything" is so fucking dumb of marvel.

Also that bird guy's costume makes me think of Monarch Henchmen

not Falcon, the other one

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    battledrillbattledrill Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Tony Owns Joo All!

battledrill on

edited February 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    So I guess that Tony Stark really is the Director of shield and that artist really did fuck up. Also, the whole "story that can't see the light of day because it will ruin everything" is so fucking dumb of marvel.

Also that bird guy's costume makes me think of Monarch Henchmen

not Falcon, the other one

Nighthawk?

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Corvus wrote: »
    Nighthawk?
    yeah, that guy

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    Yeah. She's totally deadly.

Good call.

august on
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    IGN's advance review of Civil War #7.

Frankly, i'm all for characterization, but this series has been such a let down thus far, i was hoping at least for something big at the end. Too bad. I'll still buy it, but i'm gonna be really, really pissed.

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So I started back with Marvel with New Avengers. Like the whole time there was this mysterious shit going on with SHIELD. And like, I don't think it's ever, ever going to be resolved at all. Unless it has. I dunno, I haven't been paying attention lately. But it makes me sad and annoyed with Bendis I think. But I hope the end of Civil War at least reveals who's controlling Osborn or whatever.

Also: I have a had time believing that the American public would by that fucking Venom is a good guy now.

august on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited February 2007
    I think Bendis said he's resolving the conspiracy thing within the year. And I think he might have already done so had Civil War not destroyed the team before they really even started being a team.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    august wrote: »
    So I started back with Marvel with New Avengers. Like the whole time there was this mysterious shit going on with SHIELD. And like, I don't think it's ever, ever going to be resolved at all. Unless it has. I dunno, I haven't been paying attention lately. But it makes me sad and annoyed with Bendis I think. But I hope the end of Civil War at least reveals who's controlling Osborn or whatever.

Also: I have a had time believing that the American public would by that fucking Venom is a good guy now.

Considering that right before getting into the van to become a good guy he slaughtered like, 15 SHIELD agents...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
This discussion has been closed.