As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My pen and paper art(prev.NSFW demon designs)

2»

• Options
    JCMJCM Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    DeeLock wrote:
    For the first, there is NO way that those wing tips could hold him up, there is just no way. Maybe make the wings shorter and stumpier to give him a better foundation and for the tip, dont have that little one finger dealie, make it a hand or a claw, that would give him more structure and balance.

His hands are in need of a revision too. The knuckles on his right hand are pushed in??? Pretty sure hands arnt supposed to do that.

His feet arnt on equal levels either. That and perspective is a little off too, you wouldnt see all of his foot, part of the problem is that there is no defined surface that he stands on so it makes it a little harder to get perspective right.

Nice catch there, I managed to sketch him again during lunch break, now he drags himself with his wings.

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/309/02xxus7.jpg

Here's

5) Levathian, demon of Invidia, aka Envy.

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4963/01xxfa1.jpg

I'm still practicing with the sketches Ive made of my fat mate, Ill try and redo Lust again.

Thanks for all comments.

EDIT: Remved img tags to speed up thread.

JCM on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    No time yet to draw, so here's stuff from my sketchbooks-

http://i13.tinypic.com/3zbtlkg.jpg

Some self portraits

http://i14.tinypic.com/33577o9.jpg
    http://i13.tinypic.com/2lsjifl.jpg
    http://i14.tinypic.com/2hwi445.jpg

EDIT: Removed img tags to speed up thread.

JCM on
  • Options
    Sir PeechizworthSir Peechizworth Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Brain tree? That looks like a zombie wet-dream.

Also, i have to say that ver. 1 of Satan really looks like a pro wrestler, and that made me giggle.

Sir Peechizworth on
    If it don't Blam, we don't want it.
  • Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Cheer up emo kid

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Heh, true

I was going a rather emo period inmylife then, now I just grew my hairlong and drink too much beer, and that phase passed.

JCM on
  • Options
    FragtasticFragtastic Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I don't usually post here so much as browse the art...but I had to stop and say that your angel/demon stuff is fucking awesome JCM. I'd love to see some finished stuff with color and everything. Any chance of you doing that?

Fragtastic on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    *revives thread*

Since I want to keep my pen-and-paper stuff separated from my Wacom stuff (and hate having 10+ threads to keep track of, with their crits and all) Im ressurecting this thread.

JCM on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    First off, some PC vampire character requests

1no2eq5.jpg
    2qc3qx2.jpg
    3pf2ub1.jpg
    baberh2.jpg

JCM on
  • Options
    LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The anatomy and muscle structure is a bit off, but they look good. Nice inking! Erik Larsen wasn't wrong :P

edit: apart from the "stop drawing" bit of course!

Lly on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I see Doom, Starcraft, Destroy All Humans and Halo in these. Nice ideas, but I think their posing is a little wobbly.

Tam on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    What the fuck. You don't see the OBVIOUS X-COM? And yes. Good start but general anatomy knowledge would help even though these are aliens.

TheBog on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    TheBog wrote:
    What the fuck. You don't see the OBVIOUS X-COM?

I'm going to go over there in the corner now. Do you have a revolver on you?

Tam on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    @Tam- Ouch, no need for suicide, the fact that you know Xcom already makes you cool in my book. Ibasically took the alien gray and slapped on Xcom concepts, while the soldier, abomination and hive brain are originals. The Cryssalid is ripped straight from the game, with some modification (he can only create 2 zombies, anddies when both stingers are off)

@TheBog - True... I still need brushing up on anatomy, I have improved a bit (my first stuff here was darn awful) and drawing nudes is fun. :P

JCM on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Vampire:TM commissions and sketches

comissionahrimanisdb5.jpg

comissionmortalgm8.jpg

malkav2lf6.jpg

tremeregx3.jpg

JCM on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I really, really, realllllllllly like the direction you are taking on the demons for the sins. The only thing I would change (as others have already mentioned) is take the Beelzebub character, turn him into sloth and then draw something else entirely for Greed.

For Greed as a demon, since all your other demons are very primal, you could take a very Wall Street demon approach. Sharp lines, sun glasses, a rolex, very short horns and no tail. I think it could add some very interesting contrast to the other demons.

I have no idea if this fits in with your theme, but maybe something to think about?

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Ok, that sloth demon is fucking creepy as hell. Nice work there. I like your other stuff, but I have to admit, I wanna see more of the demons. Keep it up!

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Ive stopped the demon book for a time until I get my webcomic moving at a normal pace, but I've got some more sketches I'll scan later, Im stil missing a good idea for Gabriel (the angel of enlightenment) though.. :(

JCM on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Oh man, I leave here for a few days and you guys get yourslef a new forum?

elfcopyho0.jpg
    barbarianfn2.jpg
    rangerlw4.jpg

A sketch for a future cover
    babygv7.jpg

JCM on
  • Options
    MufasaJoeMufasaJoe Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I like the flavor of your work, especially the generic RPG characters. I really like the barbarian berserker with bear on his back. [size=-3](Alliterate, kids. It builds strong bones.)[/size] I have one other comment, and I feel bad about bringing it up at this late date, but uh, who in the world would circumcise a demon?
    Also, your aliens make me wanna play X-Com.
    That is all.

MufasaJoe on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Thanks, BTW on the penis circumsization, I´m a Muslim-Buddhist (I follow both religions) and Islma´s mythology has it that the Djinn that joined the fallen Eblis are circumcized, Djinn circumcize when theyre old enough to understand it and agree (or disagree to it)

JCM on
  • Options
    MunacraMunacra Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I really like the baby with the gun. Like I really do. The big gun he's holding adds a lot to the effect. The only thing I would say about it is that his chubby cheek seems a little flat, not so much round. And his left eye (the one on our right) seems to be floating. I think its because the line of the pupil and the line of the eyelid are touching.

:^: though.

Munacra on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Islma´s mythology has it that the Djinn that joined the fallen Eblis are circumcized, Djinn circumcize when theyre old enough to understand it
    No shit...
    Learn something new every day.

EDIT:
    I see that there's a lot of energy going into making your line art look clean, which indeed it does, but it makes some of your imagery appear flat. Part of that may be that you haven't thought the whole pose through, as with the vampire with the union jack and silence pistol, whose lower body is an after thought.
    Another image where this is apparent is the barbarian, whose right leg has something that doesnt really resemble a knee at all, probly because you commited to pen very early on in the process.
    I feel like Copics, and Microns are jumping the gun on detail. What I would like to see is work where you sketch out the whole pose, throw some perspective in for the fuck of it, and maybe use a medium that is more expressive and simultaneously non-commital. Fine tipped mediums encourage you to blow your load and go straight for the end result.
    I have all of these problems.
    I personally enjoy using fine tip black and white sharpie poster paint pens. Go ahead and use pencil, just break the fucking tip off.
    Now post some more Aliens for the old man.

MufasaJoe on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    MusafaJoe- Ouch, thanks for the crits.. Its a flaw alright, I just grab a black ballpoint pen and draw without sketching out poses and etc... I think those demon sketches were the first pencilart ive done in a long time.. :-(

I did some Terror from the Deep art for my Xcom campaign, I´ll post that later tomorrow, and its no pencil art, but there some digital art drawn in Flash in my sig, my first comic ever *and the first time I´ve coloured something)

Munacra- I´ll have that fixed when I redraw it in Falsh for the comic cover. Thanks

JCM on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Took a look at that 612 to Apocalypse. I really found my self enjoying the first few pages. The loving detail conjures a little bit of Geoff Darrow/ Juan Jose Ryp and the guy who did Transmetropolitain, fuckin... Darick Robertson. Then you move away from the atmospheric setting shots I love, where you've painstakingly drawn in lines of perspective and added detail into a mostly planned drawing. By page 8 (and select panels before), theres people talking into the camera at eye level, flat on the page, which continues into your action page. Flat character over flat backdrop.
    Look back to pages 1-4, and page 7, where your characters clearly inhabit their surroundings. Awesome.
    As for your line variation, it's also detracting from the depth of the images. Same line width at various distances from from the "camera". Sure, there are limits of what flash can do, even with lin var turned on. Print your first 3 pages out onto 11x 14 at a Copy Center, If one can do that in Brazil, Grab some tracing paper and re ink the sucker, with say, a brush or brush pen. I think it will look cool. I could be full of shit. It'd be a good excercise though. Once, again good work, I'll be checking 612 regularly now.
    uhh... Just checked your digital art thread... and it seems I am an echo...took me a minute to find it. [size=-3]Your link don't work.[/size] Fuckit, I'll post it here. What kind of man needs more than one thread?
    Cheers.

MufasaJoe on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I kinda chose Flash due to that, I wanted to try something that looked different, not inked in the normal way... looking abck at the birthday room, it does look kinda bare, compared to the hallways, I´ll fix that in the next pages.

My apologies for the links, they were linking to the old PA forum, and I put two threads as I dont mix my digital stuff with my RPG sketches, one´s a finished product for the masses, the other are sketches done on A4 paper with ballpoint pens when Im narrating a RPG game. Back to pen and paper RPG, some more aliens for my Xcom rpg sessions

Underwater Sectoid
    01alienke8.jpg

LobsterMan
    02lobstermanko4.jpg

The hive
    04bigbrainrv7.jpg

And some Vampire WOD art - Lasombra assasin
    05lasombrasd0.jpg

Flesh Golem
    03fleshgolemom9.jpg

JCM on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Some rpg npc...
    meat001dj6.jpg

The meat Golem´s maker.
    meatkt9.jpg

JCM on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Some sketches for a series of covers for a sci-fi novel-

cover01ug7.jpg

cover02jp9.jpg

A quickie request-

00comission2dd2.jpg

More RPG gaming session characters-

0brujasa1.jpg

00comission1kq8.jpg

JCM on
  • Options
    EpiEpi Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Is the girl in the first picture an Olympic speed skater? If not I don't think she should have such epic thighs. Also the background character on the right looks like he has a second head coming out of the back of his even though it's just another guy.

The priestess' hands look really half assed as well.

The pirate and pocketwatch trenchcoat dude both suffer from flat hair syndrome.

Other than that I've really been enjoying your work

Epi on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Some rough art drawn suring a Vampire:Dark ages session
    000001scanvj7.jpg
    000001scan001ui8.jpg
    000001scan003yn2.jpg

Was sketching how I think Conan should look like...
    This one I really shouldve sketched it first, something is off on the way his body is shaped...
    000001scan004bb7.jpg

JCM on
  • Options
    couch-potatocouch-potato Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I fucking love your Flesh Golem, being as that I'm currently reading Mary Shelley's Frankenstein and I've always liked the abominations back from my WC3 playing days. Some top notch stuff mate.

couch-potato on
    "We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special. "
    -Stephen Hawking