As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Lootin' on] Dawn of WAAAAAAAGGHHHHH (Oi! Mod gits, quit muckin about an lock dis!)

• Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm hopping online, people should send me invites because I really want to learnt his game and I didn't suck at DOW1 >.>

I can teach you success in this game's multiplayer right now.

Pick tyranids. Pick ravener. Build hormagaunts and warriors. Dig tunnels. WIN.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    KiTA wrote: »
    Oh hey, thought -- DOW2's engine would be fucking PERFECT for Necromunda.

Edit: No, seriously. It wouldn't be THAT much to change it. You already have the territory control system, sorta. Online play would require some minor tweaks, like server-side saved gangs and a points system, but really, online Necromunda? It would rock!

The Relic guys hiding in this thread should totally be pitching this idea to their overlords. The return on investment would be extremely high, you really wouldn't have to do much to implement this kinda thing (it's essentially a big mod) and you would be able to resell the game as another game.

THIS. THIS SO MUCH PLEASE. D:

I've thought the exact same thing a number of times as I've been going through. Necromunda was such a sweet game, and this engine really is well suited for it stylistically.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Has anybody else been having the issue where the game does not log into GFWL half the time and you have to restart the program over for it to actually log on?

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Man the Ravener is so annoying 1v1. It didn't help that my Dreadnought kept bugging out and not doing anything. At one point he got cocky and tunneled behind my base turrets to destroy my HQ, so I just orbital bombared my own HQ and took out about 3 squads of AG warriors. Still lost in the end but that moment almost made it a not completely terrible game.

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I hope the ravener gets punched in the dick. or potty tentacle. or whatever

tyrannus on
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Has anybody else been having the issue where the game does not log into GFWL half the time and you have to restart the program over for it to actually log on?

Never had that problem.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    unpurposed wrote: »
    I'm on the last mission and I haven't found a single assault cannon for the dread. Where does it tend to drop?

At about that time, drops start becoming random... though I remember getting on as the reward of one of those random missions...

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Goomba wrote: »

P.S. DoW 2 needs observer slots.

Problem with that is that it would be just madly open to abuse. Spies, observer spies!

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    CanisAquilusCanisAquilus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Akira wrote: »
    Man the Ravener is so annoying 1v1. It didn't help that my Dreadnought kept bugging out and not doing anything. At one point he got cocky and tunneled behind my base turrets to destroy my HQ, so I just orbital bombared my own HQ and took out about 3 squads of AG warriors. Still lost in the end but that moment almost made it a not completely terrible game.

The chapter will honour you, brother.

CanisAquilus on
  • Options
    LibrarianThorneLibrarianThorne Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm online now, does anyone want to play? I'm eager to try and learn this game, but I've not played against people yet so...

Also, can we do compstomps? I'll never forget this epic compstomp we did in DoW1, 3 PAers v. 2 Insane comps. Match lasted for like an hour and a half but eventually 3 Land Raiders and an obscene number of Terminators finally won it.

LibrarianThorne on
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Problem with that is that it would be just madly open to abuse. Spies, observer spies!
    If people care that much about custom games, let them.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Attempt #1 at OPERATION SCOUT RUSH

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3HXL8WIY

I'm not explaining anything, just watch the replay

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

You uploaded the wrong replay.

rts on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Man I can take out bosses with nothing more than Cyrus. Inflitrate + Blind + Detpack, then rinse repeat.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Scout rushing is something I've done for a while now.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    DeadOnArrivalDeadOnArrival Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Man, that isn't even your replay.

Stop taking credit for Kinderparty's awesome.

DeadOnArrival on
    2zz3vp4.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'm online now, does anyone want to play? I'm eager to try and learn this game, but I've not played against people yet so...

Also, can we do compstomps? I'll never forget this epic compstomp we did in DoW1, 3 PAers v. 2 Insane comps. Match lasted for like an hour and a half but eventually 3 Land Raiders and an obscene number of Terminators finally won it.

If you want to learn how to play compstomp is not a good way...seriously...they are so bad.

rts on
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Just make it so they can't talk to people in game. I mean people could cheat by going on vent, but for most people it would solve the problem. I mean, if you're on the other team and on vent you can tell the other teams what's going on too.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Woops, I saw 3-1 on there and thought that was a replay from today. I wish the replays were saved as what you named them instead of players/date.
    Anyway here are the correct files.

Round 1 against Eldar:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6PFZQ99M

Round 2 against another SM:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YKZKZT4H

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    lol...Observer slots work fine..you dont use them in online ranked matches...

rts on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm looking for two teammates, anyone want to play? GFWL is KedinikBeta.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Ok this is by far the best match with operation scout rush, especially when you see the Eldar's rank.
    The replays are confusing me so I'm just renaming the temp here, it'll show as blank in Playback, just find the one of KEKEKESCOUTRUSH vs PURGE22.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=02ODFQIZ

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hey Akira, if you have any good Ork replays could you share them? Thanks.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Edit: No, seriously. It wouldn't be THAT much to change it. You already have the territory control system, sorta. Online play would require some minor tweaks, like server-side saved gangs and a points system, but really, online Necromunda? It would rock!

The Relic guys hiding in this thread should totally be pitching this idea to their overlords. The return on investment would be extremely high, you really wouldn't have to do much to implement this kinda thing (it's essentially a big mod) and you would be able to resell the game as another game.

I could get behind that, but I think it is a bit bigger than "a big mod". Fundamental game play changes. Of course half the fun of Necromunda was recruiting new juvies when your more experienced Gangers got killed off and seeing them develop.

I don't think it's that much in the way of changes, really. You'd add a gang editor sorta thing to the in between missions screen, and add a system where if you lost a unit in battle you'd discover during the after-battle report if they lived/died/were wounded/etc. I don't think that would be all that much effort to add at all. Unit sizes would be fixed at 1, and you'd get more units between fights. Unit stats would be stored between fights (the game already does something not dissimilar with the unit leveling system) and leveling up would cause your units to change class (from Juve to Gangers to whatnot).

The random loot system would be hella cool too for a Necromunda game, too.

KiTA on
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ok this is by far the best match with operation scout rush, especially when you see the Eldar's rank.
    The replays are confusing me so I'm just renaming the temp here, it'll show as blank in Playback, just find the one of KEKEKESCOUTRUSH vs PURGE22.

I'm somewhat suprised I'm say this, but...
    He should have made banshees...

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Foefaller wrote: »

I'm somewhat suprised I'm say this, but...
    He should have made banshees...

Did you watch the first replay he posted?

Banshees don't last very long against a half dozen scouts.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Yeah, there's a deciding lack of good ork replays

Would really love to see some

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    need one more for a 3v3

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

I could get behind that, but I think it is a bit bigger than "a big mod". Fundamental game play changes. Of course half the fun of Necromunda was recruiting new juvies when your more experienced Gangers got killed off and seeing them develop.

I don't think it's that much in the way of changes, really. You'd add a gang editor sorta thing to the in between missions screen, and add a system where if you lost a unit in battle you'd discover during the after-battle report if they lived/died/were wounded/etc. I don't think that would be all that much effort to add at all. Unit sizes would be fixed at 1, and you'd get more units between fights. Unit stats would be stored between fights (the game already does something not dissimilar with the unit leveling system) and leveling up would cause your units to change class (from Juve to Gangers to whatnot).

The random loot system would be hella cool too for a Necromunda game, too.

Or perhaps custom make your squads by lumping 1-4 gangers together into groups of your choosing.

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    edited March 2009

I don't really know how to play anything but Space Marines well, sorry.

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2009

We know that's not true, Akira. You're good at everything.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009

You told me to have three unsupported killa... deff dreads, tankbustas shooting infantry instead of tanks, and charging straight into shuriken platforms.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Tyranids are OP? HEH spam more scouts maybe?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EJ35GGH5

DISCLAIMER: The opponents featured in operation scout rush are the scrubest of rank 1 scrubs.

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The single player is so much better than that of any RTS to come before it.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    joshua1joshua1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    hey, someone in here mentioned an artificer armor unlock for campaign. I haven't heard anything or seen anything about it.

Whats the deal with it and can I get it? (im really enjoying the campaign and the grindfest for gear that it is. Its just a shame that more armor doesn't change the appearance of the troops. (Tarkus's veteran squad look awesome))

joshua1 on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    We've just reached critical mass

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It is better to lock for the Emperor than to post for yourself

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Someone else can make the next one. :P

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Someone else can make the next one. :P

Alright.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Oh dear. D:

GalagaGalaxian on