As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Official Civil War Discussion 2.0

1565758596062»

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited February 2007
    http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/CivilWar/07/preview/CW07Pre.html

this seriously reads like that guy who was doing parodies of entire cw issues

SPIDER-MAN

Whippy on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/CivilWar/07/preview/CW07Pre.html

this seriously reads like that guy who was doing parodies of entire cw issues

SPIDER-MAN

Kinda got beaten to the linkage there, Whippy. Seeing Spider-Man's name made big like that though did look kinda weird. I mean, it wasn't done in any special title-based font. Looked somewhat cartoony or at least like it belonged coming out of an arch-villian more then it did from Iron-Man.

Owenashi on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Umm... how did they get from the Negative Zone to the street in front of DiVito's? Does the Negative Zone have a DiVito's in it?

What's a DiVito's?

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Sentry wrote: »
    Umm... how did they get from the Negative Zone to the street in front of DiVito's? Does the Negative Zone have a DiVito's in it?

What's a DiVito's?
    Apparently Cloak teleports them all there.

Sars_Boy on
    edited February 2007
    Some of the solicits for post-CW issues that have been kept top-secret have been unleashed to the public thanks to Newsarama. While some of it we already know, a couple of the solicits not only prove/disprove one of the CW#7 events but apparentlly promises to answer the big question everyone had in mind since the Beyond! mini-series.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=102174

Owenashi on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Sentry wrote: »
    Just because you managed to be right once doesn't make your points any more valid.

Taking legitimate shots at Civil War is not as difficult as it might seem.

Legitimate? OK I'll bite

All MARVEL comics events in the last few years have been nothing but knee jerk reactions to DC. Planet Hulk is the only one that is not

After Civil War it is very clear Quesada rubber stamps anything JMS, Bendis, and Millar throw across his desk.

MARVEL Zombies will buy anything. More evidence tp support this is Wolvernie: Origins. Another example is their reaction to 52. Complaining that they have to buy a comic ever week, when Civil War is far worse than that. They also point and laugh at Action and Wonder Woman delays when Civil War fucked up an ENTIRE line of comic shipping.

Millar once again needs other writers to wipe his ass and clean his shit up. Just like his Wolverine and MK: Spider-Man run

Algertman on
    edited February 2007
    Algertman wrote: »
    Legitimate? OK I'll bite

All MARVEL comics events in the last few years have been nothing but knee jerk reactions to DC. Planet Hulk is the only one that is not

MARVEL Zombies will buy anything.

1. Annihilation?

2. you just mean people who really like Marvel right?

Sars_Boy on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yeah, you have to admit that Annihilation was a awesome and well constructed event.

Bloods End on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    DC invented events, sues Marvel, film at 11.

august on
    edited February 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    1. Annihilation?

2. you just mean people who really like Marvel right?

1. Annihilation, and I really liked it aswell, was response to 7SoV

2. that's what MARVEL Zombies are man

Algertman on
    edited February 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Yeah, you have to admit that Annihilation was a awesome and well constructed event.

it was, I'm also a whore for Hard Covers so i'm geting those aswell

Algertman on
    edited February 2007
    1. Annihilation, and I really liked it aswell, was response to 7SoV

2. that's what MARVEL Zombies are man

I seriously doubt Marvel cooked up Annihilation just because of SSoV.

Sars_Boy on
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    How the fuck was Annihilation a response 7SoV?

They're like... nothing alike.

Dex Dynamo on
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Some of the solicits for post-CW issues that have been kept top-secret have been unleashed to the public thanks to Newsarama. While some of it we already know, a couple of the solicits not only prove/disprove one of the CW#7 events but apparentlly promises to answer the big question everyone had in mind since the Beyond! mini-series.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=102174
    So much for that "Director of Shield" cover leak just being something the artist was fooling around with.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Similar formats, maybe.

robosagogo on
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    How the fuck was Annihilation a response 7SoV?

They're like... nothing alike.
    A zero issue followed by several four-issue miniseries about the main characters, which is then followed by the #1 issue?

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2007
    Htown wrote: »
    A zero issue followed by several four-issue miniseries about the main characters, which is then followed by the #1 issue?

And in turn followed by #2, #3, etc...

If anything, Anhililation's format was simular to the Countdown To IC set-up.

Owenashi on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Legitimate? OK I'll bite

After Civil War it is very clear Quesada rubber stamps anything JMS, Bendis, and Millar throw across his desk.

MARVEL Zombies will buy anything. More evidence tp support this is Wolvernie: Origins. Another example is their reaction to 52. Complaining that they have to buy a comic ever week, when Civil War is far worse than that. They also point and laugh at Action and Wonder Woman delays when Civil War fucked up an ENTIRE line of comic shipping.

Millar once again needs other writers to wipe his ass and clean his shit up. Just like his Wolverine and MK: Spider-Man run

1. Ironically, Marvel Zombies was awesome.
    2. Wolverine: Origins could have been good. The fact that it isn't doesn't mean it never should have been considered.
    3. The same number of people bitching about Civil War were bitching about Infinite Crisis, which came practically a day after Identity Crisis and was accompanied by more cross-overs and tie-in's then my local sex shop (ironically also called Inifinte Crisis)
    4. I also find it ironic that you call people Marvel Zombies when you are coming off like such an absolute Fan Boy...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    august wrote: »
    DC invented events, sues Marvel, film at 11.

Well, DC pretty much did invent the modern comic book crossover mega-event with Crisis on Infinite Earths. Secret Wars was just a toy tie-in.

Also, to some of the Marvel fanboys: Stop shitting on 52/IC/etc. because you're unsatisfied with the ending of Civil War. It's unbecoming.

Terrorbyte on
    edited February 2007
    Terrorbyte wrote: »
    Also, to some of the Marvel fanboys: Stop shitting on 52/IC/etc. because you're unsatisfied with the ending of Civil War. It's unbecoming.

Yeah, all those MARVEL Zombies who hate DC but read it on a regular basis. You know, the ones you and Algertman just made up. They're out to sap our precious bodily fluids.

august on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Well, DC pretty much did invent the modern comic book crossover mega-event with Crisis on Infinite Earths. Secret Wars was just a toy tie-in.

Um...who the fuck is doing that? Some Marvel fanboys made of straw, amirite?

Also, Algertman, you may have some valid points, but they get lost in your anti-Marvel trolling.

We really, really need to start a new CW thread...

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited February 2007
    One thing I've "learned" from reading this board is that apparently anyone who disagrees or dislikes the current direction DC is going in is a Marvel fanboy. Even though I'm mostly a Marvel person, like most of what DC is doing, and just about everyone complaining about DC on this board are hard core DC fanpeople from back in the day.

It's really interesting.

august on
  • TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007

Yeah, all those MARVEL Zombies who hate DC but read it on a regular basis. You know, the ones you and Algertman just made up. They're out to sap our precious bodily fluids.

Uh, I didn't pick on anyone. I glance at everyone's pull lists every Wednesday, realize the diversity in purchases and not pointing to any of those dudes. What I am noting is the tendency of anti-DC, Marvel diehards (they know who they are) crapping all over DC when they're unhappy with The House That Stan Built. Was House of M ever used as a measuring stick for Infinite Crisis? Did DC dudes obsessively compare Seven Soldiers to Annihilation?

I find Algertman just as obnoxious and terrible as the rest of y'all - and, really, the exception that proves the rule. But it doesn't mean that I'll refrain from calling out the latent anti-DC bias of this place when it pops up. If that puts me in the same category as Algertman in your eyes, so be it.

Terrorbyte on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

Uh, I didn't pick on anyone. I glance at everyone's pull lists every Wednesday, realize the diversity in purchases and not pointing to any of those dudes. What I am noting is the tendency of anti-DC, Marvel diehards (they know who they are) crapping all over DC when they're unhappy with The House That Stan Built. Was House of M ever used as a measuring stick for Infinite Crisis? Did DC dudes obsessively compare Seven Soldiers to Annihilation?

I find Algertman just as obnoxious and terrible as the rest of y'all - and, really, the exception that proves the rule. But it doesn't mean that I'll refrain from calling out the latent anti-DC bias of this place when it pops up. If that puts me in the same category as Algertman in your eyes, so be it.

Wait, you seriously think there's anti-DC bias here? Here, where the people who buy mostly DC outnumber the people who buy mostly Marvel? Hell, most of the main posters here read mainly DC. Do you have some sort of persecution complex, or are you just high?

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited February 2007
    Let's leave the bias discussion right here, I think.

DJ Eebs on
This discussion has been closed.