As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gotta get back, Back to the past

StationaryStationary Registered User regular
edited March 2009 in Social Entropy++
samuraijack.jpg

So I know its been out for a long time but I just picked up season 1&2 of this show on dvd for super cheap and I wanted to talk about how great it is.

For those not familiar its about this handsome fellow

Jack.jpg

a samurai who in an attempt to free his homeland from this dude

aku.jpg

is thrown into the future and has to fight his way back into the past to stop this all from happening.

Created by Genndy Tartakovsky it is one of my favorite shows as it manages to mix a pretty fun story with some great action and overall just fantastic animation.

Also Tartakovsky is awesome and apparently wants to do a movie to finally give the show a proper ending!

Stationary on

• Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm more excited about The Neverhood movie

DrIanMalcolm on
  • Options
    DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    OH MY GOD THERE IS A NEVERHOOD MOVIE?!

OH MY GOD

THAT IS THE ONLY GAME I TOOK WITH ME TO COLLEGE

OH MY GOD IT IS MY FAVOURITE

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
  • Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Doug TenNapel wrote in March 2007 to his official forum that he is in talks with a producer about making a movie based on the Neverhood world. Frederator Studios later remarked that they would be working with Doug TenNapel on the film.
    A June 25 Variety article confirmed that The Neverhood would be one of the first projects of the newly formed Frederator Films, a company formed for the purpose of creating animated feature films budgeted under $20 million. The IMDB entry of the film suggests, that it will be released in 2009.[

DrIanMalcolm on
  • Options
    DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh man now I am so excited

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
  • Options
    Red ZoneRed Zone Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    5 posts? really.

Thats all it took to kill this?

Red Zone on
    1vqtC.jpg
  • Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Was Samurai Jack cancelled? or did Tartakovskyy just stop once he started working on the clone wars stuff?

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    It just stopped really, Tartakovsky has said he plans on doing a movie to finally finish up the story.

Clone Wars was also really good though and I would not mind learning that he stopped Samurai Jack to do that.

Stationary on
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I loved this show so much. The Three Blind Archers and the Egyptian Episode are my favorites.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This thread was made for me

The best episode is clearly the one where the robot bounty hunter comes out of retirement to kill Jack

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    It'll be hard to make a movie without Aku.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The Geek wrote: »

They're gonna use his understudy like they did in Avatar I thought?

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Pharezon wrote: »

They're gonna use his understudy like they did in Avatar I thought?

Probably.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

It still makes me sad to think about that

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    They finished off Avatar without him, though the guy they replaced him with did not really sound all that similar at all.

Stationary on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Stationary wrote: »
    They finished off Avatar without him, though the guy they replaced him with did not really sound all that similar at all.

I thought he was pretty close.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    honestly I haven't seen the finale since it first aired so that with the fact that it sounded different at all is probably why its stuck as sounding so off in my head.

Either way I'm not really worried about it and really getting a movie at all is enough for me.

Stationary on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Olivaw why are you oppressing that man?

What's going in here?

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Doug TenNapel wrote in March 2007 to his official forum that he is in talks with a producer about making a movie based on the Neverhood world. Frederator Studios later remarked that they would be working with Doug TenNapel on the film.
    A June 25 Variety article confirmed that The Neverhood would be one of the first projects of the newly formed Frederator Films, a company formed for the purpose of creating animated feature films budgeted under $20 million. The IMDB entry of the film suggests, that it will be released in 2009.[

Dancingman.jpg

Butler on