As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Exfoliating is murder

• FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm all about harvesting me some embryos.

If only we could convert a baby into a limb. Like, for each baby you apply to the infected area, one limb grows back.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I just want to know when I can keep a freezer full of cloned organs in my basement

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Kajusta wrote: »
    Man I've been throwing up the exfoliating is murder arguement against the pro-lifers for years. NOW WHAT BITCHES? You call people baby killers when each and every one of you are mass murderers.

Hey, stupid.

The objection isn't that stem cells are people, but that they come from embryos.

Now that they can be made out of normal cells, we can bring Christopher Reeve back to life and cure CF or whatever retarded tag line is being used these days.

I don't see how you could object to something lifesaving coming from an embryo unless you thought it was somehow harming a human life.

I guess you could make a consent argument - we can't harvest organs, marrow, etc from dead people without their consent - which embryos are unable to provide.

That's easily the worst argument I've ever heard.

For anything.

Seriously. 'Harvesting embryos is wrong just because ok?!?' would have been a better argument.

All embryos are living human beings and should be implanted 8 at a clip into women who then need to go on welfare and social services for 18 years to support their broodlings.

Oh wait...

Hunter on
  • DeaconBluesDeaconBlues __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Hunter did you reply the the wrong post again.

Alternately, Hunter did you forget your meds again.

DeaconBlues on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    But it's inarguable that dead people once had sentience, and, if you go in for that sort of thing, possessed a soul. With embryos it's much iffier. If you go for the "at the moment of conception" argument, you will probably have a problem with unconsenting embryonic cells being harvested. However, if you don't believe that embryos are just tiny people with tiny thoughts, you won't have as many moral compunctions with harvesting their cells. I am trying to phrase this in a tactful way and may have failed.

Yeah that seems like a reasonable summary.

It's a moot point anyway, now science can go solve all those diseases and make people in wheelchairs walk without religion standing in the way.

Everyone except Stephen Hawking. His genius is tied to his disease in my opinion, and I don't want him off hanging with his brahs chugging beers and rock climbing. He belongs in a lab, theorizing black holes and dark energy. Shit like that.

Hunter on
    edited March 2009
    Deacon I am imagining you letting out a heavy sigh when this was discovered. all like, "holy shit I can finally support this good thing while remaining morally consistent"

JohnHam on
    signature.png

edited March 2009

I just want to know how many embryos you're planning to pay for out of pocket, since they're all human lives and deserve birthing.

Hunter on
    edited March 2009
    There is nothing dumber then people who think life starts at conception.

Life doesn't start until at least preschool.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited March 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »

finally, an ethos that allows me to shoot babies out of a large compressed air cannon

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Hunter wrote: »
    Kajusta wrote: »
    Man I've been throwing up the exfoliating is murder arguement against the pro-lifers for years. NOW WHAT BITCHES? You call people baby killers when each and every one of you are mass murderers.

Hey, stupid.

The objection isn't that stem cells are people, but that they come from embryos.

Now that they can be made out of normal cells, we can bring Christopher Reeve back to life and cure CF or whatever retarded tag line is being used these days.

I don't see how you could object to something lifesaving coming from an embryo unless you thought it was somehow harming a human life.

I guess you could make a consent argument - we can't harvest organs, marrow, etc from dead people without their consent - which embryos are unable to provide.

That's easily the worst argument I've ever heard.

For anything.

Seriously. 'Harvesting embryos is wrong just because ok?!?' would have been a better argument.

All embryos are living human beings and should be implanted 8 at a clip into women who then need to go on welfare and social services for 18 years to support their broodlings.

Oh wait...

Once they reach the legal voting age, they can choose to carry on living in which case they have to find the money to pay of their debt to society or have their cells reconstituted into pluripotent stem cells which are then used to grow mansteaks which are sold in delicious sandwiches through a government-run chain of fast food restaurants to repay the welfare offset.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Sounds like a plan to me.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
    edited March 2009
    JohnHam wrote: »

finally, an ethos that allows me to shoot babies out of a large compressed air cannon

Come on now, be reasonable.

You would have to make a sabot around the baby to get any kind of seal and generate enough velocity. You would most likely smoother them in the chamber, which defeats the purpose of live baby ammunition to start with.

Hunter on
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

You could shoot them at Fandyien at random so he has limbs growin back all over the place.

In fact, I almost want to demand that you do so.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    edited March 2009
    Lucky for me I am a limbless monstrosity right now.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • ackack Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I think life starts at conception and I'm still pro-abortion. Not even pro-choice.

ack on
    edited March 2009

You could shoot them at Fandyien at random so he has limbs growin back all over the place.

In fact, I almost want to demand that you do so.

Fandy would require a Spartan approach though to the baby selection. An elder would examine the infant for defects, and if it was found unworthy it would be tossed into a pit to die. All the worthy infants would then be loaded into the cannon and shot at people with missing limbs.

Hunter on
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Apply baby liberally to the area growth is desired each day until limb is fully formed.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
    edited March 2009
    Deacon I am imagining you letting out a heavy sigh when this was discovered. all like, "holy shit I can finally support this good thing while remaining morally consistent"

More like, relieved I don't have to hear arguments about how embryonic stem cells are the key to everything, when even in godless Europe they haven't developed a single treatment or cool technique that uses them - most practical applications use the host's own stem cells.

DeaconBlues on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This is the kind of problem-solving science today needs! But there's no need to be wasteful with unworthy babies. They can be sold as generic equivalents to the brand-name stuff.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    edited March 2009
    Can I make my dick bigger with stem cells?

ack on
    edited March 2009

I just want to know how many embryos you're planning to pay for out of pocket, since they're all human lives and deserve birthing.

Who exactly is making that argument faggot?

DeaconBlues on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    My son will have it made. We froze his placenta and umbilical cord cells for him for use in the future. If he gets leukemia or needs a new liver, he's set. I hope he appreciates our forward thinking and doesn't put us in the lowest cost provider nursing home with extra elderly abuse.

Hunter on
    edited March 2009
    who wants to go into a baby-selling venture with me?

ladies

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

More like, relieved I don't have to hear arguments about how embryonic stem cells are the key to everything, when even in godless Europe they haven't developed a single treatment or cool technique that uses them - most practical applications use the host's own stem cells.

Plus adult stem cells are more useful as a whole than embryonic ones. That still doesn't absolve the usefulness of embryonic in terms of research. For something that's most likely going to be incinerated, I don't see the problem as long as the parent agrees.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Darkness MundusDarkness Mundus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

you sure do got a purdy mout boy

Darkness Mundus on
    edited March 2009

People that think stem cells = living forever are idiots, but the technology has mad potential bro

JohnHam on
    signature.png

edited March 2009
    My son will have it made. We froze his placenta and umbilical cord cells for him for use in the future. If he gets leukemia or needs a new liver, he's set. I hope he appreciates our forward thinking and doesn't put us in the lowest cost provider nursing home with extra elderly abuse.

But according to this article you just wasted $500 or whatever!

DeaconBlues on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    ack wrote: »
    Can I make my dick bigger with stem cells?

No, but you can grow a new one. Or more than one, if you need a couple of extras.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    edited March 2009
    It's just like anime!

or

Just like in my japanese animes!

ack on
    edited March 2009
    ack wrote: »
    It's just like anime!

or

Just like in my japanese animes!
    the dickgirl population in japan is gonna explode

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
    edited March 2009
    You can grow another dick on the end of your first dick.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited March 2009

Who exactly is making that argument foggot?

If all embryos are alive and human beings, then they need incubation chambers to reach maturity and will need cash to survive until adulthood.

There are storage units full of frozen embryos that could be used for harvesting stem cells. Your opinion prevents that event, so what's the alternative. If I'm misunderstanding the next link in your thinking please tell me what it is.

Hunter on
    edited March 2009

But according to this article you just wasted $500 or whatever!

I'm sure some nutbag group will claim this is the devil's work to and get it banned in the US, most likely starting in Kentucky. This and the heliocentric teachings of that heathen Copernicus.

Hunter on
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

Hey, stupid.

Hey, retard.

I was talking about the abortion debate, not stem-cells and people qualifying a diploid cell as life.

But thanks for being a faggot.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So we maybe found away around embryonic stem cell usage and we're still gonna argue about the ethics behind it?

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Butters wrote: »
    So we maybe found away around embryonic stem cell usage and we're still gonna argue about the ethics behind it?

Just as long as everyone can keep calling each other a faggot, we have to keep the bases covered you know.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    LIFE IS MURDER! EVERYONE KILL YOURSELVES! BUT SUICIDE IS A SIN!

CONUNDRUM!

The Otaku Suppository on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    wut

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Obviously the best thing for all parties involved is for us to enter a permanent state of stasis.

DarkPrimus on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    abortions for all

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif