As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twitter

• redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Aw man, we couldn't get an abbreviated hash code for the buttoneers? How awesome would #BUTT be?

On second thought, I don't want to know what kind of tweets that brings up.

redhalo on
  • HammyHammy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    You actually get a surprisingly wide variety of tweets when searching #BUTT. I got curious...
    What if we made the hash 'buttoneers' with no vowels. So, #Bttnrs

Hammy on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2009
    why not just #bttn

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• HammyHammy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    why not just #bttn
    Good question... Maybe I just like to complicate things :lol:

Hammy on
  • apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    There is a high likelihood that I'm having a PAX free year in 09, so could you remove me from the list to spare the throng of strangers adding me from having to tolerate my work related rants?

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • cafeganeshacafeganesha Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    why not just #bttn

I agree bttn would be nice =D

cafeganesha on
    @cafeganesha on PAX Twitter
  • ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    why not just #bttn

I agree bttn would be nice =D

The masses have spoken! It shall be so.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • seraphexseraphex Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    seraphex on
    If I had talent, I wouldn't need all this money.
    Twitter - @papapwnsPAX
    edited February 2009
    seraphex wrote: »

Are they on the forums?

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Mustard TigerMustard Tiger Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    @mustardtiger

just noticed im not on the list

Mustard Tiger on
  • Jordman12Jordman12 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    My twitter: @jordman12

I just created it.

Jordman12 on
    2015 PAX East Omeganaut
    2016 PAX East Omeganaut

HAIL HATS !!!!!!!

@Jordman12
  • SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So THIS is where all the twitter friend requests are coming from! Hello to everyone, and I hope to join the Twitter Meetup again and be a little less shy. Hopefully!

Heh, precisely my reaction :P

Just to let people know, I wont be following you right away when you follow me, so don't be offended please! Last year, with over 200 followed and following me, it just got waaaay too crazy to keep up with. That doesn't mean I won't follow you at all, just have to get to know you on the forums or IRC a bit first :P Or at IRL meetups of course.

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I just got a blackberry, so I will be involved in everything twitter as PAX gets closer! Seeing how much fun people had with smart phones and twitter last PAX was actually a large motivator. I am going to try to keep my tweets at about one an hour. :)

And like several other people, I don't follow everyone who follows me, but I do read your replies to me! And will generally follow anyone who starts talking to me.

Whatever happened to the twitter meetup? I have vacation days to burn. :p

PeasantDave on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    DMmagic wrote: »
    #PAX_BYOC is a lot of extra shit to type
    Set up an RSS of it in Google Reader and have that favorited? That's what I do.

I already have a specific pax byoc twitter setup. I may or may not use it for a contest again this year. The scavenger hunt last year only really had a couple teams play in it :P

I might do prizes for it per mission though... hrm.....

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    BigRed wrote: »
    DMmagic wrote: »
    #PAX_BYOC is a lot of extra shit to type
    Set up an RSS of it in Google Reader and have that favorited? That's what I do.

I already have a specific pax byoc twitter setup. I may or may not use it for a contest again this year. The scavenger hunt last year only really had a couple teams play in it :P

I might do prizes for it per mission though... hrm.....

I'm in!

MetaverseNomad on
  • MarzGurlMarzGurl Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    MarzGurl on
    http://www.marzgurlproductions.com - Your Convention Video is On the Way!
    Also find me at http://www.thatguywiththeglasses.com !
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    BigRed wrote: »
    The scavenger hunt last year only really had a couple teams play in it :P

Cause you always sent messages *right* at the start of cool panels or shows or... wait... there's always cool shit going on that doesn't involve trying to compete against the one or two teams perma-camped in BYOC doing the hunt. :P~

The couple we did do were fun though. :P

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    @Tajah

the Twitter Shitters made my PAX hands down. I signed up for Twitter last year solely bc of PAX, and the spirited tweets from this mysterious hortos (aka @BrianCalhoun) kept me informed, entertained, and in the loop all PAX long. The Twitter Shitter meet up? EPIC. Hands down the best after party EVAR. Props to @tipist, who secretly likes Dos Equis. =D

And long after PAX ended, we all became friends - laughing, teaching, commiserating, and having a good time together. Or, in the words of our Ning group: annoying the crap out of each other on Twitter. Through it all, I wouldn't change a single thing (ok, maybe me being a tool once or thrice. =P)! Despite the distance and our differences - I truly think of all of you as good friends. Like, "bail you out of jail" friends. Or "give you my last Bawls" friends.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
    edited February 2009
    @Tajah

the Twitter Shitters made my PAX hands down. I signed up for Twitter last year solely bc of PAX, and the spirited tweets from this mysterious hortos (aka @BrianCalhoun) kept me informed, entertained, and in the loop all PAX long. The Twitter Shitter meet up? EPIC. Hands down the best after party EVAR. Props to @tipist, who secretly likes Dos Equis. =D

And long after PAX ended, we all became friends - laughing, teaching, commiserating, and having a good time together. Or, in the words of our Ning group: annoying the crap out of each other on Twitter. Through it all, I wouldn't change a single thing (ok, maybe me being a tool once or thrice. =P)! Despite the distance and our differences - I truly think of all of you as good friends. Like, "bail you out of jail" friends. Or "give you my last Bawls" friends.

If we attempt to top last year's Twitter after party, then you probably will be bailing some of us out of jail. :)

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ukiyo e wrote: »
    @Tajah

If we attempt to top last year's Twitter after party, then you probably will be bailing some of us out of jail. :)

Why do you look at me when you say that?

PeasantDave on
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    @Tajah

Man up Spiderman.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • X3R0 9X3R0 9 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    X3R0 9 on
  • MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    If any of you request to watch my tweets and I don't allow it right away, it's nothing personal. I just don't have internet at home, and at work the interwebs are filtered = no twitter. Plus, I already text an ungodly amount, and.. so as the amount of people I watch grows, I'm starting to get a bit more selective about whose tweets go to my phone. Sorry!

MeeOk on
  • Alex_Digital_CowboyAlex_Digital_Cowboy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I run a gaming podcast with two other Brits.

Our Twitter is

Digitalcowboys

It's full of constant updates of the games we've been playing.

We're dead excited about going to PAX. This will be our first overseas gaming event.

Alex.

Alex_Digital_Cowboy on
  • ikelewisikelewis Awesome Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ikelewis on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    @Tajah

It will be better solely because my brother and I won't have to leave early. :P

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • shugaraeshugarae Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    shugarae on
    Omeganaut class of '08. Fuck Peggle. Omeganaut class of '17 West. Fuck Rainbow Road.
    The Best in Terms of Pants on JCCC3
  • neurosliceneuroslice Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    neuroslice on
    Hotel bound on PAX Saturday,
    I exclaimed "Khoo is my Sensei!"
    So if memes make great shirts,
    And Pod Six is Jerks,
    Then Moe, Khoo and I had our day.
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The_Reflection on
  • ValoharthValoharth Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    @Tajah

Man up Spiderman.

I had to leave the party early, it was about the time I reached my car when I got the tweet that someone was asked politely to leave... I really felt like I missed something :( This year I'm going to stay until the end! (Which I really hope isn't 5 a.m. in a holding cell waiting for bail :P)

Valoharth on
    Valo+Harth.gif
  • circeramonecirceramone Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    @circeramone

At least the process of adding everyone will give me something to do on my downtime at work over the next week.

circeramone on
    PAX East 2013 [x]3 day pass [ ]Airfare [x]Hotel [ ]Coin
  • yoshamanoyoshamano
    throws his hat into the ring

@yoshamano

The fuck is this. The fuck was that. Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    throws his hat into the ring

@yoshamano

yoshamano on
    pa_forums_sig.jpg
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    @HotSake

And I am NOT following all of you...

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • BrennaCeDriaBrennaCeDria Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    HotSake wrote: »
    @HotSake

And I am NOT following all of you...

Aw, I feel loved... Then again, it's much easier to go through your own followers-list than even the list here, and this list is already pretty convenient, so long as your browser doesn't crash with so many tabs open. ;)

BrennaCeDria on
  • KorthosKorthos Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I heard you like Twitter. http://twitter.com/SeanCelaya

Korthos on
    -Korthos (@SeanCelaya)
  • stankerbellstankerbell Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    @stankerbell

damn.... pax is still, like 7 months away... ya'll have me waaay too excited..

stankerbell on
  • BrennaCeDriaBrennaCeDria Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    @stankerbell

damn.... pax is still, like 7 months away... ya'll have me waaay too excited..

Last year was about the same way for me, so I'm trying to stay focused this year. At least until after Hubby's surgery, cause I won't know until then if I'll have enough time left over to take off in September. I only need two days, thanks to weekends and holiday, but I'd really prefer to take 3-3.5 days vacation instead (half day before and full day after). Once I know the time's doable, well, all bets are off at that point.

BrennaCeDria on
  • Trisha LynnTrisha Lynn Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    @trishalynn

And since I'm trying not to spend all day at work Tweeting, I can't follow all of you back. However, I do respond to @ messages by the end of the day at least.

Trisha Lynn
    ...gettin' real excited...

Trisha Lynn on
    -- Editor/Publisher, GeekingOutAbout.com
    -- Publisher, Saucy Goose Press
    -- On Twitter @trishalynn
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I see there are no V's in the master list. Well that is about to change

@VeeveeVonVore reporting for twittering.

Veevee on
  • XanthViperXanthViper AZRegistered User new member
    edited March 2009
    XanthViper on
    jwidowbanner11.jpg