As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[OOC] N00b of Clandestein

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    How long before those three guys get over to where I am?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • MondayMonday Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    from their approach, probably a few turns.

Monday on
    edited February 2009
    How many of them are there? And currently, where are they. I don't wanna rush out to help Warban if that means getting ambushed.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited February 2009
    last you recall there are 5 left...

Monday on
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    added the roll to my previous post

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
    edited February 2009
    busy week today, guys ?

I do have a comic to finish by tonight.

WHat great fun that will be.

Monday on
    edited February 2009
    Well it seems like I'm the most active person here currently, and I'm not completely sure what we should do, so I was just waiting for someone to do something, so I could agree with them. But if no one posts anything today, I'll do something tonight. It may not be in favor of the group as a whole however.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I think we need to go to the island of Clandestein if we want to progress the main plot. But i think we should get good exp from dealing with the local beast infestation that bean found now.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So I'll probably have to drop out of the game, or at least temporarily sit out. Probably evident from my lack of posting, but I wasn't sure if it was having an effect on the gameplay (as Tommy mentioned me in the Megaman Phalla :) ).

I apologize but the game just seems to move at too fast a pace and Im rather busy with school. So it kinda builds up, since I often can't post during crucial times and than I get lost (as to whats going on)pretty fast.

If Monday wants me to come back intermittently or something like that as a shady character or something(e.g. a plot device). I'd be glad to. Its just the rapid pace, I just can't keep up.

Apologies

Egos on
    edited February 2009
    I was actually wondering if I should implement post order seeing as the pace of these for forum Rps were actually far more lax than I had thought with dayyys between the same person posting. Im willing to implement it if that be the case ?

Monday on
    edited March 2009
    For this mission:

Those who probably wont be seeing themselves post (this week)- can choose to hang around the village and just play defense for the rest of the day (therefore allowing you to do macro actions that takes up whole hours to do; ie, make things, research, improve the towns condition, or just hang around and talk with the locals). Those who are in can go ahead and roleplay their involvement. But I request that the plot on the Holiday Inn track advance by at least one post a day.

Other than that, I'll just be playing this by ear and responding to what you guys say or do. Guests are totally welcome btw.

GANTZERS:
    you can discuss amongst yourselves how you wanna hit this here "Raid", since Ducky has already made his suggestions.

And Egos, I'll be looking forward to seeing you, just pop in at ANYTIME.Cause sandman is just an interesting anti hero.
    for now you'll be keychained and carried off by mysterious person A. so just hit on those Overlays whenever you're good for it ! :D

Monday on
    edited March 2009
    I call not it for carrying egos. And yeah, I can post at least once a day easy.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Sorry, really busy at the moment. I'm going to have to logout :)

BobCesca on
    edited March 2009
    Thats fine, so
    Egos , and Ceska are sticking around doing town quests/ or being logged out due to inclement lives.

And Everyone else are out and about killing monsters.

good times.

Monday on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

I make a very cool key chain, Tommy. You'd be the envy of all those hip young Japanese kids with their fancy cellphones and the like :mrgreen:

Egos on
    edited March 2009
    this gives me a reallllyyyy good idea.

Monday on
    edited March 2009
    Egos wrote: »

I make a very cool key chain, Tommy. You'd be the envy of all those hip young Japanese kids with their fancy cellphones and the like :mrgreen:

But I'd look like a dork! I'm whittteeee!

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • AwesmosisAwesmosis Registered User new member
    edited March 2009
    Howdy, I've been sort of skimming over the OOC thread for this game, and I think that I would be interested in maybe playing. Is there any room for one more? :wink:

Awesmosis on
    edited March 2009
    Yes. I think there would be.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited March 2009
    Sure, we're a bit short on people this mission- I may just insert you in before things get too

Somethings first though,
    how often can you post ?
    sometimes things may get fast and I ask that you have the patience to read back , digest the information thats developed and put on some meaningful posts even if you're not in a position to go on as often as most people here do at times.

I dont do post order, so there wont be so much of a limit on how many posts you can make a turn- but I wont hold it against people for not posting as much either so long as they have the capacity to account for the story's progression.
    On the other side of the fence sometimes I WILL just have to stop and wait for some folks so that they can catch up, not because its their fault but more likely because other players have over extended the limitations of their turn.

other than that choose a class , ba kgrroud etc ill help

Monday on
  • AwesmosisAwesmosis Registered User new member
    edited March 2009
    I'll probably be able to post quite often, once or twice a day. and no problem, I have a feeling I have a gist of whats going on, as i've been reading a little in the IC thread, I also have an understanding of table top games (D&D, Warhammer, etc.) although I could be a little slower since I'm fairly new at pbp games.

But yeah, I think I'll be able to keep up at a fairly steady pace.

and yeah, i'm also having some troubles with the character creation, I'll be sure to come up with a backstory later today and hopefully the rest will go from there.

Awesmosis on
    edited March 2009
    I got a question monday. I have a group that does some DnD styled rped sessions and I really like the basics of how this system works. Have you written up the basics for combat by any chance. You have only shared whats needed for character creation in the thread. But I'm really like how this system works and was wondering if the basics <Rolling and combat calculation> where available.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Sorry for my lack of posts. I have both been sick recently and haven't really felt it appropriate for Del to jump in on Warban's and Rick's comic misadventures.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
    edited March 2009
    That's fine Del, when you get around to it - you can just post what you did in the 1 hour timeline/ ie, practice magicks etc you can be casual about it.

Warban- if you have AIM contact
    radicaledward20

Otherwise I'll be posting something real soon

Monday on
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, I wasn't exactly sure what to post. I figured Warban would do something. Charles just kinda disappeared.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited March 2009
    Combat Basics.

Core rule: Should you want to perform an action in direct conflict against someone , roll the stat concerning the delivery of that action against a pair of the enemy's concerned stats. (Stat Defenses.)

Start. Battles start as soon as one side acknowledge the other an enemy. The first party to go would be those with highest speed collectively. Each turn will revolve around a Side's Beat. For every side of the battle that represents their own interests is a side. IE. A barfight erupts between Dwarves and Humes; those who represent the human side of the argument will go on the "human" beat. Those who support Dwarves go on the dwarven beat- and the the 3rd group who just wanted to mind their own business but is opposed by the two other groups would be another party.

Beats.
    On their Beat, each party can determine what actions they wish to do in the timeframe and order convenient within their party . (If you wish to implement turn order then you may do so- its of no consequence). When their turn is over the other side may go, and so on and so forth. Every turn you may only roll a d10 once- to boost any stat for the one action that you wish to perform that turn. (THough performing many actions are still possible, you will just have to split the base stat for each single one and roll them)

Reactions (Complicated)
    When a side is active that means all others are on their OFF Beat. In which case- if they should want to perform a time sensitive action that goes against what those on the Active beat does then they must: spend their 1 reaction a turn, and if its time sensitive- Roll speed against the concerned party's precedent. (Spd+WIll) Mst reactions are used to defend against attacks.

Should they fail their speed roll- their action doesn't make in time and will just have to wait till their Beat to use it. They are still counted as performing that action as a reaction however.

ATTACKING:
    Melee Combat:
    Hitting> Roll aTek+Ranks in a weapon or skill compare against the defendants Indirect defense (aSpd+aEnd) "a" means active; factoring in current stat wounds, boosts, etc. Should the To hit over exceed their Indirect Defence by twice over or three times over, multiply damage by that much.

Damage> aStr+Weapon's Atk - Enemy Armor. Damage will lower END or Take away from spirit. Should the Damage exceed the target's Threshold (Will+End) the opponnent is dropped for one turn or until they can get up again, disabling them from doing further actions until their beat comes up.

Ranged Combat:
    Hitting> Tek+Skills -range penalty (-1 per 4 squares) vs Indirect Defense. (Spd +End)
    Criticals apply.
    Damage> Atk of weapon usually. Thrown weapons or Bows use STRassist+Atk to determine damage. (Assist means half of stat is registered.) Armor still applies unless bullets with armor ignore are used.

Grappling> Make a str or tek roll + skills to attempt taking the opponnent down with your own body. The enemy's defending stat this time however is their CORPOREAL stat (Str+End). SHould that fail you are locked in grapple and he must roll the same to overtake you or escape.

A LIST OF DEFENDING STATS. Please include this in everyone's character sheet for quick reference.
    -Indirect Defense: (Spd+End), if caught unawares, the target is flatfooted rendering their spd bonus discountable. ID determines how easy it is to hit you.
    -Damage Threshhold: (End+Will) if damage is greater than this number, player or opponnent is dropped. And cant move till its their beat again. If elemental magicks, or external conditions also assail you- attack this stat.
    -Mental : (Will+Emp) If the enemy is using magic attacks or playing mindgames attack this stat.
    -Corporeal (Str+End) If the enemy is engaging you in a contest of strength attack this stat.
    -Attention: (Spd+Emp), treat it like a reflex save, baddies and sneaks will roll speed or tek against this stat to sneak things passed you.
    -Precedent: (Spd+Will) should you want to roll an action before someone does anything, roll speed against this stat.

MOVEMENT:
    Players can move the same number of squares as their speed. Should they want to cross more squares than necessary, roll speed or give spirit to boost it.

Defending Actions:
    Should you want to use your reaction to defend against an enemy's attack- just say REACTION , hit the buzzer, or some thing and decide how you are going to avoid terrible pain during this turn.

Evade: Roll speed, beat the opponnent's HIT. If it fails- opponnent's to hit registers normally and attacks your indirect defense. If it succeeds, you must move at least one square within your speed range.

Block: Roll Speed to beat the opponnent's PRECEDENT. Flat Str+wDef(weapon Defense) will subtract against the enemy's damage to curb the effects of being dropped. Block can be rolled if your speed already beats their precedent.

Defend: Hold ground and turtle up. Your to hit is now your wDef+Corporeal. Enemies must beat this to damage you.

Parry: Roll speed, beat the opponnent's PRECEDENT. Your flat Tek+wDef will subtract against their HIT before it reaches its target if at all. Parry can be rolled if your speed already beats their precedent.

MULTI TASKING:
    Should you wish to accomplish more than one goal in a course of your turn, know that only one stat is getting rolled while the other may register as flat. You can only multitask on your active turn however. On the same note, should these actions benefit from a single stat, split the stat's base bonus and distribute them for every breath of that action.
    Should Shooter Mcgee wish to fire at 5 targets (this is possible) His base stat is split (Tek) in 5, and each one is rolled seperately along with bonuses associated with that skill.

His tek is 8, he has 3ranks in shooting. If he fires 5 times , his base bonuses stand at; 2+3,2+3,2+3,1+3,1+3
    which comes to, 5,5,5,4,4 before they are rolled.

Another Example,
    Should you wish to attack twice with two swords, cut your tek half, apply bonuses to each and roll each.

Taking Damage
    When a person recieves stat damage (usually End) , they have the choice of taking it to their spirit, which will subtract flatly from it, or absorb it through their stat.
    Should they absorb it, they will gain a wound with the same number as the damage's severity ( a 5knifewound or a 13hammerwound etc) Should these add up to more than the current stat (5+13 =18 , Dan has 14end) The wounded will go down one rank of that stat thereby making them weaker for the next attacks to come. (a 13 wound will now be enough to take Dan down 1 additional rank, if a weaker person took that with 6end it would go down 2 ranks)

Similarly , stat wounds can happen to will and emp as well, ( a 5dissapointment, 10egowound,8pissedoff, 12939selfloathing ) the weight of these wounds will toll on their stat until they are forgotten or mended.

I hope this helps, right now Im F*cking sleepy, hit me any questions if you still dont get it.

Monday on
    edited March 2009
    Shit, I just noticed that I haven't been adding in my lv.3 Arms exp when I roll to shoot. Damn.
    Also, could my lv.1 SOCOM Training skill be used when sneaking around places? or does the skill have to higher than 1?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited March 2009
    You can use the SOCOM bonus to SOCOM-like activity, yeah.

Monday on
    edited March 2009
    Yay!

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited March 2009
    What's everyone gonna do btw ?

You find yourself in an empty room with a Sky light and a fallen ladder.

Monday on
    edited March 2009
    We could choose not to chase him. I think he's better left to his own npc devices honestly. Besides Letting him cool down might be an idea.

Not sure what tommy wants to do.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited March 2009
    More Fun Stuff:

Weapoon Proficiencies
    =================================================================
    Lvling them up: Use granted ability points to upgrade them- or grind for it.

Hand to Hand (And Grappling)
    ShortBlade
    Sword
    Great Sword
    Axe
    Great Axe
    Club
    GreatClub
    Cord
    Polearm
    Staff(magical)
    Machine(melee)
    Bow (And GreatBow)
    Thrown(And Great Thrown)
    Gun
    HeavyArms

Hand to Hand: Any fighting form that utilizes the body as a weapon.
    +Very "low" maintenence
    -Flat stats
    -Shortest Range
    +Universal uses if mastered
    +Most Versatile/ Balanced

ShortBlade: Any bladed weapon that extends the length of the hand.
    +FairlyCheap
    +/-Fair Damage potential/ Speedy
    - Lo Defensive potential
    + Precise Handling / ease

Sword: Any bladed weapon that extends the arm and can be held by one or two hands.
    + Good Offensive/ potential
    +/- Fair Defensive potential (wDef is not so high)
    + Good handling (Many attack variations: stabbing, slashing, blunt, one hand, two hand etc)
    +/- Fair Maintenence / Can wear down; break

GreatSword: Any Bladed weapon that extends the arm and must be wielded with both hands. Is usually far larger than a sword
    +Good Offensive/ Defensive potential
    - Requires both hands; heavier than sword
    -/+ Fair Handling (Not as fast when str quota not met)
    +Good damage potential
    +Durable Maintenence

Axe: Any Large/Heavy blade with a handle on it. Operates on chops and swings.
    +Heavy weapon Strength
    + good Defense
    - heavy handling (accuracy/ speed penalties frequent when str quota not meant)

GreatAxe: Any two handed weapon consisting of a large blade wit ha handle and a person attached to it. Possibly the heaviest class of weapons.
    + Great Damage! (Through Damage possible!)
    + Good Defense/Durable
    -Hi str quota (accuracy, speed penalties when not meant)
    - Speed decreases when wielded (Slowww)

Club: Any blunt object that can be swung in any direction. Extends the elbow
    -Fair handling, slightly innaccurate
    +Good offensive potential,RolloverDamage possible!
    +/- Fair defense
    + Most Objects can be wielded like a club

Great Club: Any Large object used as a blunt weapon. Extends the Length of the spine and requires both hands to wield
    -Heavy handling, (Tek and Spd penalty for not meeting STR quota)
    +Great Offensive potential ! Rollver and Splash Damage possible!
    + Good Defense
    -Spd decreases when wielded

Chord: Any segmented weapon that can bend in any direction and can extend beyond the length of an elbow. Operates on swings, cuts, whips, binds.
    + Versatile uses; Semi Ranged weapon
    - Requires competent tek score to wield (potential accident)
    + Tricky Offensive potential ; also aids in parries, and grapples
    -Tricky Defensive approaches; cannot aide in blocking.

Staff (Polearms too): Any two handed straight weapon that extends beyond the leg. Mainly deals with stabbing or striking motions with the operational end.
    +Versatile with any stat, easy to use hard to master.
    -requiring two hands and a good spread of stats to master (Str to wield, Tek to manage)
    +Good offensive defense ! (Can aide in inactive defenses: Auto parries)
    + Long Reach
    - high maintenence, easiest to break.

Machine (Melee): Any mechanically powered weapon that has a power source and an assembly of parts that are powered by it.
    +/- Has an on/off switch
    +/- Damage independent of most stats
    + HighPowered damage!
    - Accident Potential
    - High Maintenence

Shield: Any protective surface used to block, deflect, or bump offensive elements.
    - Low damage potential
    + Great Defense
    - usually equips with one handed weapons
    + Can open up oppurtunity for an attack (Counter Bump)

>>>>>>>> Ranged

Bow: Any Manually Operated projectile weapon that uses a rig, a chord, and a projectile to be propelled across the plane by using the chord's resistance. Requires two hands to use.
    +Manually determine, range, path, power of your shots with your stats.
    - Requires competent Tek and STR to wield
    - Has the slowest rate of fire of the ranged weapon class
    +Good Range, accuracy, and offensive potential.
    + Ammo is cheap / easy to maintain

Gun: Any mechanically firing weapon requiring one or two hands to operate. Projectiles are independently propelled (though some requiring perfect conditions to fire)
    +/- Fixed range, and power.
    + Is among the fastest range weapons to shoot
    - Highmaintenence ; ammo is fairly expensive
    + Fair accuracy; easiest to handle

Heavy Arms: Any mechanically firing weapon requiring both arms to wield and fire. Most players are limited to carrying one heavy arms.
    +Fixed range, and Power
    + Great offensive potential; is also among the faster weapons to shoot.
    - VERY high maintenence; ammo is fairly complicated to manufacture.
    - Heavy handling; can cause End penalties.

Thrown Weapons: Any weapon projected by the body is considered thrown. Usually one handed weapons.
    +Fairly low maintenence
    + Applicable to wide variety of objects
    +Fairly fast to perform
    - shorter range
    -/+ stat dependent
    - lo damage potential

Great Thrown Weapons: Any Large object requiring the major useage of the body to project!
    -Requiring high stats to use effectively
    +Has great potential for range/damage derived from stats
    -Limited ammo (reclaimable?)

WEAPON STATS
    +Atk/ Damage Value when wielded. With the right feats can be used for added To-Hit
    +Def/ Defense Value when wielded for defensive actions. With the right feats can be used inactively.
    +Hit/ Sometimes weapons help you hit things better and will add to your To-Hit against an enemy's ID.
    AI/ Armor ignore. Most bullets and piercing weapons have this stat, any Armor bonus less than or equal to the AI is discounted when taking damage. If its more than, then the armor bonus is counted in full - no subtractions.
    Wield/ Weapons of any weight or difficulty of use have a wield. If a player's STR is not high enough for the weapon's Wield, the difference will subtract from their to hit rolls.
    Wound/ The general nature of the weapon's wounds and if there are any special stats among that. Ie, poisoned, searing, etc..

Armor Stats.
    DRed/ Aka Armor, Damage Reduction absorbs an attack's damage by subtracting from the damage you recieve per enemy hit.
    Durability/ Indicates how much damage it can take before being broken. Broken armor is only half effective.
    Each Armor comes with its own repair instructions.
    Wear/ The corporeal stat a character needs to Wear the armor, should the player's End+Str not exceed their collective equipment's wear, their speed goes down by the difference, unless indicated otherwise.

Monday on
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, I say we just go, check back up on this guy later.
    Also, how big is the flame thrower? Would I still be able to carry it with my rifle?
    Because it would be kinda useful in the holiday inn.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited March 2009
    Its got a weight of 4, your rifle is 3 as well, so as long as you're using one at a time you're good. Just find a good strap for it or something.

Monday on
    edited March 2009
    Awsome, the only question now is if it's morally right to steal it?
    hurm...

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited March 2009
    And you became a Hellion How?

I think he let you have it out of fear but you can always return it or something.

Monday on
    edited March 2009
    This is the OOC, yes?
    Plus, I'm more worried about it restricting my movement.
    In any case, what are Flamer's stats?
    Also, how does ammo work for it?
    Perhaps I should go back and grab so fuel cells.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited March 2009
    You recognize the fuel cans to be pressurized canisters of some gas - so for now you can only find one in existence.

Impromptu Flameshot: Fires a jet of fire in 1 second bursts.
    Range , 7x2 squares max 3targets.
    +10DmgFire/+2Def
    >Bogey Rolled against target's threshhold to see if the target catches a fire wound.
    Ammo: 19shots.

Monday on
    edited March 2009
    To Awesmosis, if you wnna make your character- now would be a good time. It's spring break, a new mission is starting up i Could drop you in any moment.

Monday on
    edited March 2009
    meanwhile, ART !

Preview and Concepts to World War Web. Tentative strategy game engine Im cooking up.

WWWpg01.png

battleunitsweb.jpg

Monday on