As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] LFM: New Penny-Arcade Ally PVE Guild?

• DarhgoDarhgo Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    welcome!! :) always great to have another member!

Darhgo on
    Arlenth - Priest (80)
    Arlenthor - Paladin (6 Primary Alt)
    Binwin - Hunter (19 Twink)
    Arleah - Bank Alt (1)
    Server: Draenor, Guild: Clawshrimp & Co. Rank: Lobster
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm finally off work tomorrow, and while I might be bringing some stuff home to work on, I think I'll finally be able to devote to parts of the game that require more concentration, i.e. dungeons and raids. I signed up to finish Naxx with you guys tomorrow, but probably won't make it for the Sarth run afterwards.

I'm not sure how great my gear is at the moment. I guess I should start running some heroics tonight and/or tomorrow.

SteevL on
  • MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Soon as April rolls around I will be back on at some more normal hours. Ill need all the peptalking I can get to get to 80. I just can't tolerate that gnome area so far.

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    MoSiAc wrote: »
    Soon as April rolls around I will be back on at some more normal hours. Ill need all the peptalking I can get to get to 80. I just can't tolerate that gnome area so far.

With more then one character I have traveled to Azure Myst to level up. And with the Auberdine Boat going to Stormwind it is much less time consuming now then it used to be. (If you are a Warlock you will have to travel back to stormwind for training, or if a rogue you will have to go to Darnassus. Every other class is covered in or near Exodar.)

edit: also the quest rewards are much better then in other starting zones, and the mobs are easier to kill.

Seg on
    edited February 2009
    I think he's talking about the gnome area in Borean Tundra.

SteevL on
  • MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Just throwin' it out there that I'm currently unsubbed. Shit's changing too much for me to put time in for now(or at least not enough time to make the sub worth it). I could come back at the drop of a hat, though. Good luck, all!

Monsty on
  • planetes42planetes42 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    if he's talkinga bout the gnomes in BT -- that is by far my least favorite quest hub in all of WotLK.

planetes42 on
    edited February 2009
    Yeah the BT ones. The mobs are just all over the stupid place, you can't go 10ft without setting off one of the alarm ones which calls other ones. Though I did like the quest where you zap them and they fight with you though it sucks they auto die. I wonder if there was a limit to how many "pets" you could have at a time. I could get up to 3 or so. When I resub hopefully I can get past that quest hub fast. Only have like two or three more quests there I think, and only 700k xp to go.

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • tejinitejini Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I want to join up, any class that the guild needs specifically? I can play almost any class and am more than willing to tank or heal if need be.

tejini on
    steam.php?id=tejini&pngimg=TVsrh&tborder=0

3ds Friend Code: 1375-7311-7639
    edited February 2009
    I think for like the raid groups they might be looking more on the heal/dps side than tank side. I know theres one full group of 10 just trying to round out the 2nd one, and then the little bit more for 25's heh.

MoSiAc on
    edited February 2009
    Play whatever you want -- at this point we need a whole lot more reliable people to do 25's.

planetes42 on
    edited February 2009
    So, I think I'm goign to be able to play for a while tonight -- if people are on I'd like to try and put together a Maly10 group. Barring that, perhaps going back for BlackTemple/other older raids. I hope to be on around 6pm EST and will be able to be around till 10/11 EST.

Hopefully we can get something going.

planetes42 on
    edited February 2009
    I'll probably be on for a few hours tonight, depending on whether or not I can finish up some stuff here at work soon enough. I'll have to log off by 10, if not before then though.

I had a great time finishing up Naxx with everyone last night. I was kind of embarrassed during the Kel'Thuzad fight because I ran out of mana and realized I forgot to conjure more mana gems before the fight. Also, my DPS was kind of low, but I guess that's to be expected since I had just started doing heroics the day before. Still, I'll probably have to work out a better rotation and get used to using my trinkets as soon as they come up. I'm not really used to such lengthy fights.

Despite our difficulty with Grobbulus, I found the fight pretty entertaining.

SteevL on
    edited February 2009
    Also, I guess I'll be needing to get some gems for my shiny new Heroes' Frostfire Robe.

SteevL on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    SteevL wrote: »
    Also, I guess I'll be needing to get some gems for my shiny new Heroes' Frostfire Robe.

If you need filler gems, I dump my green quality ones in the bank. You should have all of the colors there.

Thomamelas on
    edited February 2009
    SteevL wrote: »

awesome gear steev!!

if anyone is levelling an alt, and needs bags, i can hook you up with some 8 slots.

Darhgo on
    Arlenth - Priest (80)
    Arleah - Bank Alt (1)
    edited February 2009
    Nice robe, but curse you level 80's hehe.

MoSiAc on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Just a reminder:

Gnomish army knives can be used by non-engineers. The engineering requirement is for the jumper cables.

Thomamelas on
    edited February 2009
    MoSiAc wrote: »
    Nice robe, but curse you level 80's hehe.

yeah for real. i'm so excited i'm almost to 30 so i get a horse, and the interminable walking will end!

Darhgo on
    Arlenth - Priest (80)
    Arleah - Bank Alt (1)
    edited February 2009
    Then at 60 you get a fast horse, then you could get your bird at 70, but honestly. You goto northrend and can't use that bird so just get em all when you can fly in northrend hehe.

MoSiAc on
  • molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hey I (arb) signed up for the raid tonight but something has come up with work so I won't be able to make it and I won't be home tonight to remove myself from the invite list. Just letting you know. Good luck!

moleface on
    battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
    edited February 2009
    moleface wrote: »
    Hey I (arb) signed up for the raid tonight but something has come up with work so I won't be able to make it and I won't be home tonight to remove myself from the invite list. Just letting you know. Good luck!

I just found out today that you can sign on to wowarmory.com and accept/decline invites from there!

SteevL on
  • ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Can anyone make me arcanite bars? I have the mats, but need the bars! I need my "free" level 60 mount.

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
    edited February 2009
    ZeroCow wrote: »
    Can anyone make me arcanite bars? I have the mats, but need the bars! I need my "free" level 60 mount.

You need an alchemist for it. Let me know when you get to the DM/Scholo sections. It's been a long time since I've done the quests but I can give a hand.

Thomamelas on
    edited February 2009
    Also, I can get the divination scryer if you can skip that part of the questline. I can't remember if you can or not.

Thomamelas on
  • ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Also, I can get the divination scryer if you can skip that part of the questline. I can't remember if you can or not.

Awesome. According to WowHead, I will need one. The other part I'm working on is getting the gold for everyone that I will need to pay which shouldn't be too much of a problem.

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    How would you guys feel about a new Paladin, Warrior, and DK? Warrior (me) has Vanilla raiding experience up to Sapphiron, Paladin up to C'thun, and the DK is a total noob. We are currently on Mal'ganis a maxed PVP server, but we kinda want to be in a casual raiding guild. Right now we are all in school so we will be super casual until April when its motherfucking party/4 months of work! Pally friend and I are 76, DK is 65.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    ZeroCow wrote: »

I can make them on Llyth, send me the mats for find me online. There is no cool down anymore on them.

RedDawn on
    edited February 2009
    How would you guys feel about a new Paladin, Warrior, and DK? Warrior (me) has Vanilla raiding experience up to Sapphiron, Paladin up to C'thun, and the DK is a total noob. We are currently on Mal'ganis a maxed PVP server, but we kinda want to be in a casual raiding guild. Right now we are all in school so we will be super casual until April when its motherfucking party/4 months of work! Pally friend and I are 76, DK is 65.

You are more than welcome to come and join, just letting you know that we have a ton of plate wearers ATM. We are open to all though, and try to be as helpful as possible.

RedDawn on
    edited February 2009
    our plate wearing corps is getting thinner though. Mad has "work" all the time and Alcad plays his shaman more than his DK. In fact, in last night's naxx10, we didn't have a single melee other than the 2 tanks.

Don't worry about skill/experience -- we all learned Naxx together, we can teach you too.

planetes42 on
    edited February 2009
    I did the original nax :) . How much have the encounters changed?

TheCrumblyCracker on
    edited February 2009
    Not a whole lot from what I understand. They have just re-tuned them for 10 and 25 people.

RedDawn on
    edited February 2009
    I did the original nax :) . How much have the encounters changed?

Not a ton. Small adjustments to account for smaller raid sizes. Trash is so much easier with AoE tanking. Patchwerk doesn't feel as bad, but I've only done it on 10 man so far. Also, I'm a tank now so my job is not die. It's a lot less punishing, mechanics seem to be the same.

Thomamelas on
    edited February 2009
    Thaddius must be alot more fun when only 1/10 people can fuck it up instead of 1/40.

TheCrumblyCracker on
    edited February 2009
    really, you need 2/10 to screw up Thaddius. If 1 dies, you can still make it. In 25, it's more like 3-4/25 [at our 'just hitting 80' gear level].

planetes42 on
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Thaddius must be alot more fun when only 1/10 people can fuck it up instead of 1/40.

10 man thaddius has 3.8 Million HP, 25 man has 20 Million HP.

Good times.

10 man naxx is tuned a lot looser then 25 man. Some people think 10 man stuff is harder but its really only Sarth with drakes up that is harder.

TheGerbil on
    edited March 2009
    exalted with Hodir

FINALLY

planetes42 on
  • Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Things have continued to be crazy, I might not be on for a few weeks.

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
    edited March 2009
    planetes42 wrote: »
    exalted with Hodir

FINALLY

Maybe I should work on their rep just in case they add useful stuff for me in a future patch.

SteevL on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    TheGerbil wrote: »

10 man thaddius has 3.8 Million HP, 25 man has 20 Million HP.

Good times.

10 man naxx is tuned a lot looser then 25 man. Some people think 10 man stuff is harder but its really only Sarth with drakes up that is harder.

Different fights are tuned at differently.

Grobbulus and Saph are actually sort of challenging in a 10 man group, but in 25 they just sort of fall over.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
This discussion has been closed.