As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini Phalla] WoW:Lord Phállazak Game Over. Evils win!

1101112131416»

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You definitely got bubbled once, that was really annoying.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That reminds me, why the hell did so many of you pile on to the kime vote?

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    People generally or the ninja looters? It was dumb regardless. I was kind of annoyed when I saw almost my entire team was on that list you presented.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I think it was a grudge thing or funny.

I'm not sure.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It was bad for all parties involved ...including the mafia. One of the dumbest bandwagons I have seen for a long time.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Oh come on, the Spectre wagon was dumber.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    So burnt out..

Well.. time to prep my first hosting.

Andrew Ryan on
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Thanks everyone for playing this was alot of fun on my part. Especially writing the narrations.

I really wasn't that organized with this, 1 because it was my first phalla and 2. It was kinda complex. Pretty much the entire mechanics I came up with in 1 day while I was bored at work. Hope it worked out ok for everyone!

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Thanks for hosting Element Brian. I had fun. It was cool having some to do other then vote every night.

And Andrew Ryan, save me a spot in your game.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Giving the baddies a battle rez was kind of silly, though it did buy us a day and could have pulled a surprise win in theory. I got paranoid when you guys almost got me after Spectres joke post so I used it early.

And yeah, was definitely fun!

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Kime totally had it coming from me at least. Great game bad guys! Thanks for running, it was definitely quite fun.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It was good times, I just wish I had a clue what was going on.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, I was grudging Kime from the Haruhi mini. Not sure why everyone else decided to pile on. Also, it would have helped if I had realized when the first day ended and then been seering odd days instead of even days. Was there a second seer, or were we just supposed to figure the rest out from voting patterns/narration clues toward the type of character still available?

Also, five priests with fewer of some of the other classes was unexpected. :|

And Spectre, you pegged the second-to-last baddie on day 3 or 4, with no special abilities ... and you wonder why you're always evil past day 4. You're too good at this, and people know to take you out early before you build up too much information. <3

Darian on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well, I'm glad everyone at least realizes how silly that bandwagon was against me! Although I'll forgive TehSloth and Darian, I suppose, although really, they should just learn to forgive and forget, right? Everyone else: kime is never evil!

Good game though Brian! It was still fun even though people were mean to me :(. They never got my soul stone though :P!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    KeikaKeika Delectable tea, or deadly poison? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    God damned snow storm knocked out my internet on the last freakin' night.... I live in SC this shouldn't be happening in March!

Way to go team ninja looters!!!! Not a bad performance for my first phalla I think. :P

Here's what my PM said:
    - I know this is your first phalla, i randomized things and you ended up getting this role, it might seem like alot, but it will be fun. Work with the other guys I mention here and they will help you with your first role as an evil.. have fun!

They will probably create a message board and invite you to it so that you guys can work behind the scenes together. Any questions, just ask me, or one of them..

Everyone recieves a normal message, like the paragraph below, your evil information is farther down...

You are a faithfull member of the Raid. You're in this for the right reasons and to earn your loot. Your two objectives are to Down the Raid Boss and to Eliminate the Ninja Looters. Each Night cast your vote in red for who you think should be booted from the raid that night.

You are a Priest!

priest.gif

Flash heal, flash heal, flash heal, flash heal...

Each night you help the Raid to defeat the Raid Boss, "Lord Phállazak" by hitting him with your wand, dealing 10 damage. (You gotta preserve mana after all!)

As well each night you may choose one of the following

Power Word Shield - Target a player, they are protected from the Boss’s K.O hit for the night, they may still be killed by other means...When this ability successfully protects someone from the Boss, you gain more agro making it more likely that you will be the target of his K.O.

Psychic Scream - Guess a number 1 out of 25, if this number is correct for night, you will cast psychic scream, fearing all monsters in the area and randomizing the Ninja Looters attacks for the night.

Special Role

You are actually part of a group who is planning on robbing this raid of its well earned goods. Your actual objective is 1st to down the Raid boss (you cant steal his loot after all unless he is down) and 2nd to eliminate the rest of the raid, or get them weak enough so you can gain control. Once the boss is down and your group is equal to or more than the remaining villagers, you win!

Along with Gumpy, enlightenedbum, tehsloth, keika and James, Ohtsam

You also have the additional ability.

Its not really about the loot for you, really, your just so sick of the way people treat you, heal me! heal me! its all you hear, you even hear it in your sleep.. well no more of that, each night you may choose one person to "accidentally" not get healed, causing them to die.

Oh, and because I saw it asked, I voted for Kime the first day because I has no idea what I was doing and by the time I got on the proboard and started talking strats it was too late to change.

Overall, good game guys.

Keika on
    "My fancies are fireflies / Specks of living light / twinkling in the dark." ~Rabindranath Tagore
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I still can't believe I was Vig'd. I mean, I think I was way beyond the realms of vocalness that any baddie could possibly consider safe and/or practical.

In the end though, I'm content with having managed to defeat a band wagon and save my Mason buddy. :D

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    How in sam hell did we pull this off?
    Good game even though my role was mainly that of sacrificial lamb.
    Nice to know battle rez is bugged and forces the rezzed back into the raid :)

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Darian wrote: »
    Also, five priests with fewer of some of the other classes was unexpected. :|

Yea like I mentioned earlier, I uh..accidentally sent some people the priest PM who should have gotten a different pm..

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You are a faithfull member of the Raid. You're in this for the right reasons and to earn your loot. Your two objectives are to Down the Raid Boss and to Eliminate the Ninja Looters. Each Night cast your vote in red for who you think should be booted from the raid that night.

You are a Paladin!

Good at everything, great at nothing, welcome to being a Paladin

Each night you help the Raid to defeat the Raid Boss, "Lord Phállazak" by using Seal of Righteousness and causing 15 damage.

As well each night you may choose to use on of these abilities.

Shield of Righteousness - You may attempt to use Shield of Righteousness instead of Seal of Righteousness, guess 4 out of 10 numbers and PM me, if your guess is correct for the night, then you will hurl your shield into the boss, causing 40 damage, if this ability is successful you will gain a high level of agro, increasing the chances that the Boss will target you with his K.O. If you fail to guess the correct number, you will deal no damage for the night.

Special Role

Leeeeeeeroy Jeeeeenkins

You are a neutral. You have one objective, make the raid wipe. If they do not down the boss, then you win. To win you must both use your ability, and the raid must wipe. If for some reason they wipe, but you didnt use your ability, you will not win.

If seered, you will seer as a villager.

You have the ability to pull when no one is ready. One night you may sacrifice yourself, running into the fray while everyone is trying to rest and starting the phase earlier. By doing so, you will take down other raid members. The more nights you wait to run in, the more members you will take out, but beware, if you get vigged or killed then you will not beable to fullfill your objective. Better time it good. PM me when you want to use your ability...

(Win or lose, I really hope you get to do this, just for kicks..)

Hope this wasn't confusing, PM me if you have any questions

also for reference

Dammit! I was so close!

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Thanks for hosting this EB, it was a fun one! Good game everyone!

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It's not like I had a long list of suspects. A vig who hits allies is worse than a vig who doesn't hit anyone.. I really should have targeted keika though..

No a vig that doesn't do anything is no better than a villager

And a villager is better than someone who kills villagers.
    This is stupid, you're stupid.

Extra village kills always help the village.

Always.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    It's not like I had a long list of suspects. A vig who hits allies is worse than a vig who doesn't hit anyone.. I really should have targeted keika though..

Always.

The objective of the scum is to reduce the numbers of the village enough so they're at least 50% of the population. The statistical likelyhood in a random shot is that you'll hit villagers. Thus without any leads to go on by taking a random shot you are helpin the scum win.

You are the stupid.

Andrew Ryan on
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I agree with Spectre, the more kills the better, even if they're slightly misguided.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Always.

The objective of the scum is to reduce the numbers of the village enough so they're at least 50% of the population. The statistical likelyhood in a random shot is that you'll hit villagers. Thus without any leads to go on by taking a random shot you are helpin the scum win.

You are the stupid.
    Smarter folks than I have done the math previously - and they agreed that despite the statistical chances of hitting a villager over an evil, it still puts you at better odds overall.

So, in summation:

no u

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah - voting is also statistically likely to hit a villager but without that the only people making kills are the mafia~

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Voting also leaves a paper trail. A shot in the dark doesn't.

Andrew Ryan on
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You're forgetting that the mafia also has kills, and those are guaranteed to be bad for the village. With a blind vig you might do something bad, but that's better than a mafia kill because it's still got a chance of helping.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

!Ohtsam

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    BlueBlue wrote: »

!Ohtsam

You do realize we already won righ/t
    I already have the 5000g from my share of the shards in my bags right now

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    See it was a reference to that time the vote didn't reveal anything.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Good game EB, thanks for hosting. Shame I died so early on, but that's phalla. The extra abilities were a nice touch.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

Always.

You are the stupid.
    Smarter folks than I have done the math previously - and they agreed that despite the statistical chances of hitting a villager over an evil, it still puts you at better odds overall.

So, in summation:

no u

This game was fun to watch. Especially the Leeeeroy bit. :P

As for the above- I agree that vigs should take their kill except under very unusual circumstances- like if it was the second last night, and if you guess wrong the mafia will win, but if you don't use your kill the village will still be alive regardless and you get a smaller pool of players to choose from. And the vig is guarded.

Think of it another way. Pretend you're mafia, and you know the village vigs aren't using their kills... So you only have to worry about the vote. Doesn't the fact that you get to kill 2/3 people a turn and only have to worry about the vote fill you with glee?

El Skid on
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    El Skid wrote: »

Always.

You are the stupid.

So, in summation:

no u

This game was fun to watch. Especially the Leeeeroy bit. :P

As for the above- I agree that vigs should take their kill except under very unusual circumstances- like if it was the second last night, and if you guess wrong the mafia will win, but if you don't use your kill the village will still be alive regardless and you get a smaller pool of players to choose from. And the vig is guarded.

Think of it another way. Pretend you're mafia, and you know the village vigs aren't using their kills... So you only have to worry about the vote. Doesn't the fact that you get to kill 2/3 people a turn and only have to worry about the vote fill you with glee?

This.

crimsoncoyote on