As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hotels are Live!

• Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited February 2007
    I am to say that the rate is for two people per room.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Big GuyBig Guy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Two people per room might be the official answer, but I called and talked to a nice lady at the Crowne Plaza and she told me that four people in a room would be fine. She even put down a request for me to have 2 roll-away beds added to the room, although added that the fire code might only allow one extra bed. Nonetheless, she assured me 4 people were fine. She also told me that I got the last 2-bed room that PAX had reserved. Oh she also said that the $149 price was good for all 4 nights I'm staying there. Just thought some of this might answer some questions for you guys.

Big Guy on
    Survivor of PAX '06 (BALL!), PAX '07 (Don't be a Dick), PAX '08 (Bad Horse), PAX '09 (H1Nerd1), PAX '10
    edited February 2007
    Khoo, Is there going to be hotel shuttle service like last year? Or did you guys just do that last year because part of PAX was at the Red Lion?

Big Guy on
    Survivor of PAX '06 (BALL!), PAX '07 (Don't be a Dick), PAX '08 (Bad Horse), PAX '09 (H1Nerd1), PAX '10
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    I wouldn't see there being shuttle service, seeing as it's only two blocks from PAX. And these aren't Bellevue blocks, either...it's a very managable distance.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
    edited February 2007
    Yeah, the hotels this year are insanely close. The distances you'll be walking within the center from area to area are longer than the ones to the hotel. [so no shuttles]

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    are the rooms going at a fast rate?

dizzamn if so...

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Does anyone know if there are any other hotels nearby, preferably with large suites suitable for a group of 8-12 people?

Azio on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Azio wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there are any other hotels nearby, preferably with large suites suitable for a group of 8-12 people?

Try the Hilton in downtown or the Hyatt. Hyatt is about as close to the wsctc as the Sheraton is.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • dragon keeper xdragon keeper x Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Big Guy wrote: »
    Oh she also said that the $149 price was good for all 4 nights I'm staying there. Just thought some of this might answer some questions for you guys.

So are you saying that your getting a room for 4 nights for just $149? or $149 a night?

dragon keeper x on
    Max sig size: 500x80px <3 Moe
    sig_dragonx.jpg
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2007
    PER NIGHT, I really don't know why people think these rates are for multiple nights when everybody does not stay for the same number of nights...

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Because like Fox Mulder, we want to believe.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
    edited February 2007
    Oh she also said that the $149 price was good for all 4 nights I'm staying there. Just thought some of this might answer some questions for you guys.

So are you saying that your getting a room for 4 nights for just $149? or $149 a night?

ALL HOTEL PRICES QUOTED ANYWHERE ONLINE ARE PER NIGHT

Plus its downtown in a major city in a state with a high living expense... use some common sense ;) Would you think a hotel in the middle of downtown seattle would only be $149 for multiple nights? :P

BigRed on
  • dragon keeper xdragon keeper x Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    of course not, i was just thinking it was because of the PAX rate. what exactly did we get with the PAX rate then?

dragon keeper x on
    Max sig size: 500x80px <3 Moe
    sig_dragonx.jpg
    edited February 2007
    We got to not pay $300+ a night. I should add that the suite I reserved for PAX was $199, which, I don't know about you, but I consider one hell of a deal for a suite in downtown Seattle.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited February 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »
    We got to not pay $300+ a night. I should add that the suite I reserved for PAX was $199, which, I don't know about you, but I consider one hell of a deal for a suite in downtown Seattle.

Exactly. normal prices are around $230-349 a night for these hotels.

That is an insane deal on a suite, where did you get it at?

BigRed on
    edited February 2007
    That's $149 PER night for 4 nights for a grand total of $596 plus tax.

Big Guy on
    edited February 2007
    The Crowne Plaza. I called them up and asked if they had a suite available at the PAX rate. They told me they had one King Executive suite, with a king sized bed and pull out sofa for $199 a night. I booked it immediately, and my confirmation e-mail says it's a 5-person maximum. I heard the Crowne Plaza is already running short on rooms, one of our CCSTers went to book and they could only give him Thursday through Sunday, instead of through Monday. Anybody else know anything regarding difficulty booking for desired nights?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited February 2007
    Also keep in mind that the hotel prices don't include taxes which are around 15% in Seattle for hotels.

Actual price will be around $170-180 a night including all the taxes.

Not trying to scare anyone off, just don't want people to be surprised about costs. That price is still way lower than it could be.

BigRed on
    edited February 2007
    The Crowne Plaza. I called them up and asked if they had a suite available at the PAX rate. They told me they had one King Executive suite, with a king sized bed and pull out sofa for $199 a night. I booked it immediately, and my confirmation e-mail says it's a 5-person maximum. I heard the Crowne Plaza is already running short on rooms, one of our CCSTers went to book and they could only give him Thursday through Sunday, instead of through Monday. Anybody else know anything regarding difficulty booking for desired nights?

A few enforcers were having issues trying to book Monday night at the hotels.

There might be something else going on during the week right after pax, which would explain the shortage of rooms for Monday night.

BigRed on
    edited February 2007
    He wasn't even trying to book for Monday night, but for a Monday morning departure. The CCST leaves Monday because we need a full night of sleep before hitting the road. Especially since most of us haven't slept more than 3 hours since arriving at PAX.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited February 2007
    He wasn't even trying to book for Monday night, but for a Monday morning departure. The CCST leaves Monday because we need a full night of sleep before hitting the road. Especially since most of us haven't slept more than 3 hours since arriving at PAX.

Hmm, that might be a khoo question but the largest block of pax rooms might only be saved for friday/saturday nights. For thursday/sunday nights the pax room allocation might be lower.

BigRed on
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yeah... I have no clue who that CCST'er was... no clue what so ever.

The hotels charge 15.6% tax.

So the $149 hotel room would be $172.25 a night.

Split between...

2 people: $86.12 a night

3 people: $57.41 a night

4 people: $43.06 a night

5 people: Now you're not allowed to have 5 people in a room... but for "theoretical" sake... $34.45 a night

The $165 room would be $190.74 a night.

2 people: $95.37 a night

3 people: $63.58 a night

4 people: $47.69 a night

5 people: Now you're not allowed to have 5 people in a room... but for "theoretical" sake... $38.14 a night

Side note: I checked the Crowne Plaza's website (since I'm in Michigan and I don't have long distance on my phone right now) and they have plenty of rooms for Sunday night... but not for the PA rate. What gives? Worse comes to worse... I'll just book a room for $172 for Sunday night through Priceline.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited February 2007
    The problem with your numbers is that it costs more for quad occupancy on the same room than dual occupancy. That way you don't get kicked out, and all get keycards.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Huzzah! We finally have a room reserved!

Thank you guys for getting us the rates you did. I really appreciate not having to pay $300 a night... Seattle rates are insane.

::gives you all a cookie:: See you there!

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • FinsterFinster Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm serious about sharing rooms with whoever. I will gladly sleep on the floor.

Finster on
    herpderp
    edited February 2007
    So, I just read my email confirmation from the Crowne Plaza and part of it says:

TAX-PER NIGHT 15.60 PCT. NOT INCLUDED IN RATE.
    RB $25 * NO POOL * MAX 5 PERSON PER RM
    24 HR ALL PARKING / VALET $28 PLUS TAX
    PETS ALLOWED W/NON REFUNDABLE $50 FEE
    C-DH3 FOR EXEC/CLUB RM AMENITIES
    EARLY DEPARTURE FEE 50.00 USD

Apparently they are fine with 5 people in a room. no mention of whether extra key cards would cost more though.

Big Guy on
  • PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Is it true that all of the PAX hotel rooms are sold out at the Crowne Plaza already?

Polago on
    edited February 2007
    nope there are still rooms available at both hotels. :)

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
    edited February 2007
    No pool?

Foosball and table hockey it is then.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2007
    khoo, are the tabletop areas going to be in a hotel again this year, or in the convention center?

And will they be open 24 hours?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    man i would also be up for sharing a room. i though there would be a rooming thread, or is this thread it?

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
    edited February 2007
    PolaGo wrote: »
    Is it true that all of the PAX hotel rooms are sold out at the Crowne Plaza already?

It's not that they're sold out, but they're not longer giving the PAX rate for Sunday night, apparently all the PAX block for Sunday night is gone (at least that's what Qs23 was told).

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    ctishman wrote: »
    The problem with your numbers is that it costs more for quad occupancy on the same room than dual occupancy. That way you don't get kicked out, and all get keycards.

Aww crap... that's what I forgot to do... put on the reservation that more then myself will be staying...

And sorry about the scare... The PAX rate was still working for Thursday to Sunday.... lots of rooms left, but once you tried to get to Monday night... it wouldn't list any rooms. Even though if you just looking for rooms for Sunday night at the regular rate, there are tons.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    If your looking for something that is a bit cheaper i might suggest the Green Tortoise Hostel wich is about 3/5 of a mile from the convention center.

http://www.greentortoise.net/

even though the site says prices are current as of Sep 2005 . . . i just called to ask and they said the prices listed on the site are still current.

7/8 Bed Drom: $23 per person / $24 credit
    6 Bedded Dorm: $25 per person / $26 credit
    4 Bedded Dorm: $27 per person / $28 credit

or you could get

Private Room Double: $60 Cash / $62 Credit (Occupancy 2)

Single Private Room: $45 cash / $48 credit (Occupancy 1)

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • uc4lifeuc4life Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    As soon as i checked out that website, all i can think of is the movie hostel.

uc4life on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So, I just read my email confirmation from the Crowne Plaza and part of it says:

Apparently they are fine with 5 people in a room. no mention of whether extra key cards would cost more though.
    RB is rollaway beds, I think. So it's +$25 per extra person up to 5.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited February 2007
    uc4life wrote: »
    As soon as i checked out that website, all i can think of is the movie hostel.

Yeah, which is why I'm sure the proprieters of hostels all over the world were thrilled with that movie.

Seriously, it's a great choice. I mean, $25/night? $18 less than the hotel! Added up, that's $72 you could spend on Bawls or Liquor or PA merch or anything else. You still get to sleep for a couple of hours each night, and you still go to the expo. Victory!

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited February 2007
    PikaPuff wrote: »

RB is rollaway beds, I think. So it's +$25 per extra person up to 5.

Ok, you're right that RB equals rollaway bed. But, on the phone the lady said that more than 1 rollaway bed might be a fire hazard. She wasn't sure. She did let me reserve 2 extra rollaways for my room though in case it was ok. I just won't know if I'm getting 1 or 2 extra beds until I get there. She did however tell me that even if I only got 1 extra bed, it would still be ok if 4 people stayed in the room. And after reading the email, it looks like 5 people would be just as ok. I did not ask if extra key cards would cost more tho.

Big Guy on
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Oh dear this is going to be expensive.

At least I have all of summer break ahead of this to work and maybe make some money.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Sl1pstreamSl1pstream [E] BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Quick question: Does anyone know if they charge your creditcard now or a few days before your arrival?

Sl1pstream on
This discussion has been closed.