As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

More D&D 4e questions from yours truely!

XyresXyres Registered User regular
edited March 2009 in Critical Failures
From my past topics about 3.5e i have stepped into 4e and i love it from what i am reading. So now for my question, what should i use as a battle grid? Should i just get some good heavy weight paper and draw a grid on that? And also, its my first time making a game, so how should i know what ammount of monsters, and what ones are good for my dungeon? (We are starting at level 1).

xyresjpgmv6.jpg
GT: Xyres
PSN: Xyres92
Xyres on

• Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I personally use a dry erase grid (this one in fact, the plain one). Bought at my local game store.

Foolish Chaos on
  • XyresXyres Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Is there a version, or company of that, that is more mass produced? Because they dont sell them anywhere near where i live.

Xyres on
    xyresjpgmv6.jpg
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Xyres wrote: »
    Is there a version, or company of that, that is more mass produced? Because they dont sell them anywhere near where i live.
    ......you are on the internet, right now.

Nothing that is geared toward gaming is going to be easier to acquire than that is. Most hobby shops carry them now.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited March 2009
    That is a good point. And i will check out my hobby shop then. Thanks. :)
    What about the dungeon tiles though? Are those any good?

Xyres on
    xyresjpgmv6.jpg
    edited March 2009
    A shameful bump.

Xyres on
    xyresjpgmv6.jpg
  • ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Gabe seems to like the tiles.

Personally, my RL game uses one of those big honking easel packs of 1" grid paper from office depot. It's got like 50 sheets and we only go through an average of one sheet per session. It doesnt look pretty, but our DM has a way with words that makes up for it. and it's 30 bucks for like an entire tier's worth of maps.

Oh, and your original second question (amount of mobs) - the DMG does a great job of outlining the parameters for this process.

Themindtaker on
    edited March 2009
    Ok, thank you, that sums up my questions for today. :P
    As always, its a great pleasure.

Xyres on
    xyresjpgmv6.jpg