As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Druids: If only Dorothy had gotten her PvP trinket.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Well, aren't you getting quite the bonus for those two points? I mean, like noticeably?

Moonkin isn't for me.. I already have a caster class, and it even has a pet <.<

Edit: Survival of the fittest does look too good to pass up though.. hmmm

No points in primal tenacy? Is it useful?

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    sim wrote:
    I never could understand nurturing instinct except for any druid with the tier feral gear

I don't know any exact numbers, but I think that gear may have enough str to be worth it. Nurturing instinct never was meant to be used for main healing, you use it when you're in a dps role, and you need to pop out to heal some rogues, or when the shit hits the fan and the tank needs some extra healing. It incentivizes a feral druid to do occasional healing while dpsing, which I think is the best possible feral role besides tank.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    CaptHighSpeedCaptHighSpeed Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/druid/talents.html?51002221250013000000000000000000000000000050550300531501031000
    my 24/0/37 resto build i specced for for a couple of five mans to get people keyed for karazhan (small guild with no healers able to log in for a few days).

anyways, i liked it since i haven't really updated any of my zg/aq20/t2 healing gear other than rings and weapons. i healed everything fine. i'm tempted to stay resto a few more days or something...

wowhead edit (it was down a minute ago i swear): http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=Mt0rdi0sZZxEc0eqzco

CaptHighSpeed on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Septus wrote:
    sim wrote:
    I never could understand nurturing instinct except for any druid with the tier feral gear

I don't know any exact numbers, but I think that gear may have enough str to be worth it. Nurturing instinct never was meant to be used for main healing, you use it when you're in a dps role, and you need to pop out to heal some rogues, or when the shit hits the fan and the tank needs some extra healing. It incentivizes a feral druid to do occasional healing while dpsing, which I think is the best possible feral role besides tank.

Sounds like it could be handy in pvp, as well. At least it sounds like it.

jothki on
  • Options
    FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Can you cast entangling roots while shapeshifted? I used to have it and I think you could, but I'm not entirely positive. I like your build sim, it's very similar to what I was planning on doing, but maybe with nurturing instinct instead of the natural shapeshifter points.

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Fodder wrote:
    Can you cast entangling roots while shapeshifted? I used to have it and I think you could, but I'm not entirely positive. I like your build sim, it's very similar to what I was planning on doing, but maybe with nurturing instinct instead of the natural shapeshifter points.

You can't cast any spells in feral forms, you can however activate the nature's grasp ability.

Septus on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Septus wrote:
    Fodder wrote:

You can't cast any spells in feral forms, you can however activate the nature's grasp ability.
    Thats what I meant >.>

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AhtariAhtari Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    This is probably the build I will use at 70.

Nurturing instinct is a weak talent, survival of the fittest and primal tenacity are much better. Also shredding attacks was never very good, and now mangle is pretty much as strong as shred, I never use shred anymore.

I like natural shapeshifter just for the amount of cat --> quick heal --> bear or bear --> heal --> bear you do in pvp.

Ahtari on
  • Options
    zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    You never use shred? Like, ever? That's... not good.\

edit: to clarify, when doing cat dps in a group it's way more effective to use mangle to keep the debuff up and shred shred shred.

zilo on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I love shredding attacks, I can get in a shred (or two with clearcasting) after pouncing and mangling a mob, and then if I maim it another one or two afterwards. And in groups it's even better.

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    *sigh*

lvl 61 balance druid is still wearing 5 peices of Cenarian for the crit bonuses and the individual bonuses of the armors.

So far everything's either been a sidegrade from what I'm already wearing from AQ20 and MC, or it just isn't as good (though it usually has more stam).

Rings are the exception so far, though mine weren't great.

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    man, I still don't know this. sorry <.< ..
    but how much weight should I put on the different stats? about the same on strength/agility? feral specced, and I know strength gets me more pure dps, but agility gets me crit, too.. but that doesn't tell me how much of what is good!

help!
    right now, I have about the same in strength/agi on my bear-equip and more agi on my cat equip (about 87/86 on bear and 70/105 on cat, str/agi, or at least that is how I remember it at the top of my head)

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    KartanKartan Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Derrick wrote: »
    *sigh*

lvl 61 balance druid is still wearing 5 peices of Cenarian for the crit bonuses and the individual bonuses of the armors.

So far everything's either been a sidegrade from what I'm already wearing from AQ20 and MC, or it just isn't as good (though it usually has more stam).

Rings are the exception so far, though mine weren't great.

Well, our guild lead moonkin just said fuck it and started to roll on mage stuff. Its not like the armor contribution is significant anyway. However, he will have to get a halfway decent feral equip for the heroics I'm afraid, as the hunter-pet-for-off-tank tactic will probably not make it past the first mob group.

Kartan on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Kartan wrote: »
    Well, our guild lead moonkin just said fuck it and started to roll on mage stuff. Its not like the armor contribution is significant anyway. However, he will have to get a halfway decent feral equip for the heroics I'm afraid, as the hunter-pet-for-off-tank tactic will probably not make it past the first mob group.

I actually just got tired of pure balance. Actually I got tired of moonkin, and since I was axing that... I went for what will be a 30/0/31 build at 70. So far I'm enjoying it much better. My survivability is through the freaking roof and I can still kill pretty fast. The 3% crit talent hiding in the resto tree is a godsend and all I needed to say "Fuck this bird."

:)

Derrick on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I'm 70 now, and I'm still in love with feral. There's no better build to solo with, and as two of my guild's druids respecced to resto, I have even more opportunities to tank the 5 mans.

Spots in Karazhan are still looking a bit iffy, but it doesn't really matter that much since I probably won't be able to raid for several months anyways.

And after a week of use, flight form is still unadulterated awesome.

Septus on
  • Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Fucking christ man, I was in Ahsnevale the other night on my 62 affliction lock, cause some cunt of a hunter lvl 47 or so, thought it would be funny to corpse camp my 24 paladin. After giving him a good rogger'in, I decided I might as well go kill everything in Astranaar, since the entire time I was in Ashenvale killing the previously mentioned cunt, the alarm bells were going off for Splintertree being under attack. (I don't go and fight the people fucking with our towns, I just go to their equivilent, and fuck them up, gets them off our towns faster).

First a 70 MS warrior and 48 druid came up to try and run me out. In addition to about 5 guards I beat them both down repeatedly. Finally they managed to drop me, then could pretty much keep me dead as with no pet, and starting at 50/50 from rez, I couldn't kill them both. I'd usually get the druid dead quick, but the war I just couldn't kill.

So after about 20 minutes of it, I got bored and logged. Came back later, rez'd, buffed and med'd, got out a pet etc. And along strolls a 69 feral druid. Who absolutely raped everything I had.

Noncrits for 600 w/ mangle regularly, the one time I did get her to half health she just unshifted cast some hots on, went back to cat, and finished sodomizing me with her big hairy claw :(

I'm hoping it was just a level, and gear discrepancy, because shit, I know that I shouldn't be able to win against 69 and 70's (in my defense that warrior sucked total ass, he stayed in battle stance the entire fight, so I could fear kite him whenever fear landed), but I thought I would have a chance at hurting a catform druid, considering I could kill a 70 warrior with relative ease :(

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Yeah, that lvl 70 MS warrior? He was clearly terrible.

Septus on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Srsly.. Even 5 levels should be a difference which should make it impossible to win. Remember, you often can't even properly HIT mobs 5 level above you!

When people 5 levels below me attack (or want to duel) me, I often let them beat me to 50% before I even move. Because then, I have about 1000 hp more then they have at 100% :P

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    And yeah, that warrior probably got his account from ebay

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Srsly.. Even 5 levels should be a difference which should make it impossible to win. Remember, you often can't even properly HIT mobs 5 level above you!

When people 5 levels below me attack (or want to duel) me, I often let them beat me to 50% before I even move. Because then, I have about 1000 hp more then they have at 100% :P

Actually it's kind of funny. I was exploring Nagrand for the first time, and I have the quest to kill the voidwalkers so I'm doing my resto/balance thing, starfire, MOONFARE, root, insect swarm. *wait as the mob gets crushed by dots and roots* and from the sky comes a lvl 70 mage. This mage is trying her hardest to destroy me. She called up her pet and everything. The hilarious thing was that I was just taking it. I figure a lvl 70 should burn down a lvl 64 pretty damn quick, but being resto I just heal myself and dot her up. She does get me after blowing most of her mana bar and quite a bit of time.

I rez and immediately run back, healling myself on the way. With her mana bar less than half full, I just own her hard. I take the damage like a champ, healing so that I never got less than half full, and when her mana bar went bye bye I innervated and gave her what for.

For the last shot I rooted her (she was attempting to run from a druid. Funny, I know) I casually waved goodbye as the starfire dropped on her head.

Even though this mage was clearly terrible, it was a rejoiceful experience. I mean shit, SIX FUCKING LEVELS and I held my own. I was happy.

Derrick on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

5 levels is not that big a deal, unless we're talking a fully geared 70 vs. a quest-geared 65. The stat/spell difference alone is not nearly enough to completely override skill and class differences.

Zek on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Zek wrote: »
    5 levels is not that big a deal, unless we're talking a fully geared 70 vs. a quest-geared 65. The stat/spell difference alone is not nearly enough to completely override skill and class differences.

You only have a 73% base chance to hit the enemy at that point. That's a pretty big deal, coupled with much better gear(more so than the difference between 64 and 69) and talents.

Septus on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Septus wrote: »
    You only have a 73% base chance to hit the enemy at that point. That's a pretty big deal, coupled with much better gear(more so than the difference between 64 and 69) and talents.

I was under the impression that most of the artificial scaling was removed in PvP. Is the miss chance still there?

jothki on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    There's been no change that I'm aware of, but it is better than in pve. Against mob 5 levels above you, you have a base 61% chance to hit instead of 73.

Septus on
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yeah players don't have the same level discrepancy that mobs do. That base chance to hit doesn't apply in pvp although I don't know the exact formulas.

shadowane on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Like I said, 73% according to wowwiki. I can't remember anything changing with respect to that in any patch notes.

Septus on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Well, I meant from the beginning. I didn't realize that there was any scaling whatsoever in PvP.

jothki on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So I'm starting to get equipment that increases feral combat skill, but how does that compare to hit rating? Do I get more +hit per point of hit rating, or FC? Or is it the same?

Javen on
  • Options
    focused7focused7 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Feral Skill works the same as weapon skill.
    For each point that your weapon skill exceeds your opponent's defense, you gain the following:

* Your chance to miss decreases by 0.04%.
    * Your chance to score a critical hit increases by 0.04%.
    * Your opponent's chance to block your attack decreases by 0.04%.
    * Your opponent's chance to parry your attack decreases by 0.04%.
    * Your opponent's chance to dodge your attack decreases by 0.04%.

edit: Weapon skill used to be a really big deal because it affected glancing blows. But they removed that and added chance to crit in. So it's not as nice as it used to be but still nice.

focused7 on
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    The 0.04% chance to crit has always been in. What they added when they removed the glancing blow reduction is that every point increases your chance to crit against higher-level enemies by an additional 0.1%.

Garthor on
  • Options
    SpongeCakeSpongeCake Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    My crowning PvP glory is managing the complete destruction of a Level ?? Gnome Rogue in Winterspring (I was 55). To be fair I was hiding behind a tree and I'm not sure it actually saw where I was shooting from but that's not the point.

SpongeCake on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    My current glorious PvP moment is taking on an even level warrior and a restoshaman, indoors (no roothealing for me), and managing to kill them both. I was feral, though, so I'm not sure if it counts (lol overpwred).

reVerse on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I had a great PVE moment last night. Was just sort of hanging out in Moonglade in the hopes that someone would rush in to take down Omen. After about 20 min of just shooting the shit in guild chat, several Alliance hunters appear. One 68, one 58. They proceed to kite him towards town. I follow but remain un-engaged because I don't know how successful they are going to be. Over the course of multiple runs and more alliance appearing, he goes down to about 60% but despawns. I help and die several times.

Just as he despawns however, a couple more 70s appear, and one of them a warlock. He summons some cohorts. I get a guildie to help (we're the only real Horde presence in the zone). All in all we now have maybe a dozen people, 4-5 of them 60-70. The rest a smattering of 40+.

We start again. We kite him around far more sucessfully this time and are able to get him back to 60% relatively quickly. At which point I am wishing hard for another tank or a healer. Omen is so fast that he can almost keep up with the hunters, nobody can really hit him. So after a while I think, 'Screw it'.

I begin Suicide Tanking in town, to allow people a chance to stop running and go all out DPS, and to let the shitty town guards help out (Omen is fast enough they have trouble catching him at times, and Omen cannot be slowed in any way). Every time I do this I can hold out for maybe a minute, but he goes down 5-10% life from all the damage.

By the final stand (near his start point), I am almost screaming "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!" at my computer as he drops, nearly an hour from when we started. I get the buff and ride into town to get my Elune Stone maker. (I love them things)

Now, when you take down Omen, you also get a big ass pack of fireworks, so I hung out on the platform there and fired all of mine off in celebration. As I am doing so, the dozen odd alliance that were fighting with me come up to me one by one and thank me about a hundred times. I felt pretty awesome.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    So as a balance druid with tribal leatherworking, I think I'm looking at 3 epics as soon as I hit 70.

http://www.wowhead.com/?search=Windhawk

It doesn't seem like these ingredients are any real bitch to get. What's the catch here?

Derrick on
  • Options
    focused7focused7 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So as a balance druid with tribal leatherworking, I think I'm looking at 3 epics as soon as I hit 70.

It doesn't seem like these ingredients are any real bitch to get. What's the catch here?

The Primal Nethers are BoP and only drop in level 70 heroic instances. Primal Mights can be expensive too depending on your server.

focused7 on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

Jesus, agility as the socket bonus? Really, Blizz.

Septus on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    focused7 wrote: »

The Primal Nethers are BoP and only drop in level 70 heroic instances. Primal Mights can be expensive too depending on your server.

Primal Nether also have a very rare drop chance from non-heroic bosses.

Very, very rare.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    focused7 wrote: »

Primal Nether also have a very rare drop chance from non-heroic bosses.

Very, very rare.

Ah. I knew there would be a cock block somewhere.

And yeah, the agility bonus is completely useless. I don't know what the hell they were thinking.

I mean, agility doesn't even increase AP in moonkin form I don't think. So really, it has ZERO use for a balance or restoration druid.

Derrick on
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Nope agility only increases AP for cat form. I guess it gives you .3% to dodge...

shadowane on
  • Options
    CaptHighSpeedCaptHighSpeed Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    this was from a night of wipes so i wasn't using any potions and i still have room for gear improvements. pity my raid leaders usually want me to off-tank =/
    druidnessatgrull.jpg

edit: didn't realize the quality was that shitty... 2535 ap 572 str, 453 agi... atk buffs are BoK a GoW3, and a well fed 20 str.

CaptHighSpeed on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.