As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E Recruiting] This thread is done, please lock it.

ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
edited March 2009 in Critical Failures
Well, there was a little interest in this in the main thread, so here goes.

This is a recruiting thread for a game of D&D 4th Edition, DMed by me, your friendly neighborhood mindtaker. It's open to anyone of any level of experience with D&D.

Anyone interested in throwing their name in the hat just post a reply with a myth weavers character sheet (level 1) and your character's background by next Tuesday, March 10 at 5 PM EST. I'll post the selected group later that evening. We're gonna open with a low-level adventure and depending on how well that goes, we may move on to some more potent stuff. In the interest of me not having to learn a new system right now, this will be a PbP game, rolls on invisible castle when we get to that point.

This is not first-come first-served. I'll pick the "best" entries.
I'll give you a hint - I play a dwarf fighter on a PbP game, and I play alongside one in a RL game. Dwarf Fighters will not be chosen, despite the fact that they are, fo' sho', awesome.

Other than that, any published PC race and class is kosher, provided your backstory fits (you'll notice that there hasnt been real war for 400 years, so a retired general only works if he got sick of running a local militia; stuff like that). This includes all PHB II stuff because there's enough leaked on the interwebs to hold us over until it actually is released here (and I'm really excited to see some of those classes in action).

The goal of this is to have a good time, tell an epic story together, and kick some bad guy ass. So have some fun with it, and don't let my giant background posts bother you - i just have too much time on my hands. This is our story, and it'll go the way the PCs carry it.

Feel free to PM me or include in your post any questions, comments, etc.

EDIT: UPDATES AND ADDENDUMS:
You can enter more than one character, but please keep them in the same post.

PCs will be expected to post once daily. Obviously if someone else is holding you up due to initiative order or I don't get a post/reply up until too late in the day for you, I understand. But if someone starts missing a bunch of posts, they'll be replaced (judging by the turnout, replacements won't be tough to find).

If you can't post 1/day, please add that to your post with your character entry. It rules you out for this adventure, but I'm kicking around some ideas for alternatives because I know not everyone has the disposable time that a ChemE doing a CivEs job (ohhh, burn on the civils!) does.

Last but not least, I hate you guys for making such a ridiculously awesome rogues' gallery of entrants. I feel like I should move up the cutoff just so I don't have as many gut-wrenching decisions to make.

UPDATES PART 2: THE SEQUEL

I am going to go ahead and run two games. No worries, I have more than enough time.

They will take place in the same setting, and you may even hear tell of the other group's exploits as the many heroes of River's Watch kick ass and take names, but they will not have distinct overlap (ie, the 2 groups will interact with many of the same NPCs, but the tasks on which you are sent will differ).

As far as preference for those who aren't currently in a game versus those who are is concerned:
I am using this as more of a tiebreaker than anything else. If your character doesnt really fit, or if it would make a somewhat oddly-balanced team (3 defenders or something like that) it won't really help, but if there are two good strikers and one spot left, I'll try to defer to the one without any games going, if possible.

I haven't decided if we're going 5- or 6-man yet.

OK, BACK TO THE ORIGINAL ORIGINAL POST.

Setting background:
Spoilered for Walls o' text.

Starting Town/City:
River's Watch:
Ages ago, it was a supply outpost along the great river Thareyn, but it has since adapted and grown into robust city with the passing of time; beginning in one of the ancient wars, when the supply outpostt became reinforced as a fort and barracks, to defend ships' safe passage out to sea and up to the larger cities inland.

When Humans first rose to power in the region, the town became a bustling trade city.

For interracial peace and to assure worldwide trade, the Humans later gave the eastern side of the river to the Dwarves in exchange for passage under the Umbril Peaks. Once there, the intrepid dwarves built a colossal stone archway between the two sides of the river, which still stands and is a focal point of local lore.

In the interim years, the town has swelled and dwindled nearly a dozen times with war, famine, and political upheaval being the most noted among the causes.

Recent times are little different, though a calm has settled on the town. The world has been recently (read: couple hundred years past) ravaged by a war that seems to have shifted the very Planes, leaving most people simply trying to live their lives in peace. Since the war, the world has been relatively turmoil-free; a few kingdoms have been reorganizing themselves, but most people are unaffected as of yet, including the town of River's Watch. And between travelers crossing the river via the bridge and the ships making their way up and down river, the town has settled in as a boisterous trading crossroads. As such, it is equipped with several Inns of varying pedigrees, and even has a tavern that isn't also an Inn (which is notable in that it's quite a rarity to prosper entirely on the profit of food and ale); it is the Cheeky Friar, which caters primarily to passing sailors.

The songs of the Last War still cut the night air in all the taverns, telling tales of lands across the Ocean, epic battles, and the heroes that fought them. These tales are never remiss to include the fact that heroes came of all races and creeds, and these same sentiments are seen on the streets every day; there is no consideration for race, only character (though one can frequently tell ancestral nation at a glance for most any race, such as taller, darker humans coming from the arid plains, while the shorter hail from the snowy south).

Recently, River's Watch has seen another group take up residence, members of the Historical Excavation and Lore Preservation Society (HELPS). They investigate the bardic stories from towns around the world and try to find proof of what kernels of truth may have birthed the legends. The group believes that the plains just east of the town hold some lost secrets. They have begun an archeological dig on the site and have already come up with sufficient enough finds that the Mayor of River's Watch is hosting their leader, Junah, and arranged with the Crimson Palm and the Golden Iris (two of the most prominent local inns) to house the group until further notice.

Overall information:
Planet:
Planes are traditional D&D setup, though perhaps with slightly less overt interaction. The planet is called Earth; easier than making something up, and terms like "Earthsoul" and "earthen" still make sense. The continent (Agro - yes it's named after the horse from Shadow of the Colossus) on which the PCs' civilization exits is huge - think Asia-sized - but the cold is to the south and warm, equatorial conditions to the north. Also, unlike Asia, where half of Russia is tundra or snow-covered, there is some tundra, then enormous snow-covered mountain ranges through which no one has ever fully passed, though that's few have even bothered trying (more than the first few mountains in, which do house some dwarven and goblin settlements, the sun doesn't even reach past the peaks and storms are frequent, making it too harsh to traverse). There are rumors of continents beyond Agro to all sides, but there is very little in the way of evidence.

Civilizations:
All civilized races coexist relatively amicably. This does not mean the world is without Evil, just that each race tends to dabble in such pursuits pretty equally; in fact, the groups with the most evenly distributed numbers of each race are bandits, followed closely by adventurers, major secular societies, religious organizations, and sailors.

Also, though it isn't uncommon to see just about any race anywhere, many locations have what were once racially-exclusive, and still racial majority, cities. For example, the Dwarven city of Untra, which occupies the caverns beneath a mountain of the same name, is home to mainly Dwarves (~40%) and Drow(~20%). Many above-ground non-fey-built cities are predominantly Human, because their comparatively short lifespans lead them to have more kids (4 kids/couple on average, versus the 2/couple averages of most other dominant races). For examples of Human-y cities: Caemlyn is about 60% Human, as is the seaside port city Bianca. Fey-built cities are, naturally, Eladrin and Elven-dominated, the two races accounting for more than 70% of the population of Nirava, while the desert town of Kah'mell is Dragonborn run.

Few are left that remember the Last War. Most who survived it were either too young to know what was going on or old enough that they've long since passed (it was close to 400 years ago). Even accounts of current events tend to distort much of the news (there are no telephones, so it's much like playing a game of telephone...does that make sense?), which is why HELPS was formed, to try and piece together the facts about the war and times before (many records of previous ages were lost when the cities were beseiged).

In the rebuilding that has followed the last Age, there has been very little warring; militias of neighboring regions have occasionally disputed the edges of dominions, but investigations by regional commanders usually reveal it to be nothing more than a ploy for one side or the other to get a prime piece of farmland, hunting ground, etc. Most people simply try to make a living farming or trading, and devotion to many widely varying religious sects keeps most people just praying that no war does erupt, though political manuevering is starting to become prevalent in some areas, especially important trade hubs where tariffs are the prime source of native wealth. (note: Crime does exist. I'm just pointing out that there's no current global plight or major criminal syndicate. Yet.)

Magic:
The War was fought with more than steel and flame - Magic played a very large role. In the years since, it's been one of the quickest aspects of everyday life to rebound, thanks to the packrat-ish nature of most magic-weilders (many tomes and volumes of magical and planar lore have been easily recovered, though I'm sure you guys will find there are plenty still itching to be uncovered again).

It's not exactly commonplace to be a Wizard (or other magic user: this includes clerics, shaman, warlocks, etc.).NOTE: THIS IS NOT A RESTRICTION ON PCs. If you recall from the PHB, an adventuring party is supposed to be filled with people of rare talents and extraordinary abilities. A town the size of River's Watch probably has one resident magic-user who does fortune-telling, minor healing, and advises the local political powers from time to time. There are also probably a handful (on the high side) that could be trained, but most could never master much more than cantrips and basic healing spells. Even so, enough people can use such power, and enough functional magical equipment survived, that despite often being impressive everyday magic isn't really surprising to people (it's not "witchcraft" nor that sort of unclear LotR stuff; it's magic).

Some examples that are common knowledge of everyday uses of magic:
In Bianca, they have central rooms in most of their larger buildings that use magic to move between floors (called "Levetators"). Untra is lit by large, opaque globes on poles and mounted against walls throughout that provide light whenever anyone is near. Ocean-worthy ships often use magical enchantments or have resident Clerics, Shaman, or other magic users that can calm the seas and direct the winds. On the western side of the continent there is a group of islands that move up and down the coast hundreds of miles, some of which even submerge entirely from time to time (people aren't clear on why). There are plentiful magical creatures in the world, from simple wood sprites and satyrs to plane-shifting beasts, and many cities have still-functioning ancient wards barring vermin from entering.

Themindtaker on

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Woo! I am very much excited about this. I'm toying with the idea of an Eladrin Wizard.

Roll for predicting I will be chosen:

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Since I just wouldn't be me without a 4th PbP game for me to sign up for, I'll do something. To pre-empt my concept getting snagged by someone else before I can do an entire sheet...

Elven Rogue. Whee!

Rainfall on
  • Options
    DortmunderDortmunder Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I am definitely in. I'll post background info soon.

My character concept post is up - on page 2!

Dortmunder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DajianDajian Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Pip Poperlock – Halfling Bard

In the mead hall of the Golden Iris sitting next to the hearth a diminutive Halfling stands atop a table with his flute in hand.

While dancing and playing his flute in-between lyrics the Halfling recites a song he had been working on since arriving in the town,

Gather round for a tale that’s true
    Gather round for a tale that’s blue
    Gather round for a tale just for you

Once upon a bright sunny day
    Out upon the grassy plains
    There stood a gallant hero brave
    Stood there with his sword a blaze

Out upon the plains he did find
    A place of old
    A place of cold
    A place of gold he did find!

In he went to find his fate
    But once inside his spirit did break
    For what he found was not treasure you see
    What he found was his death by three!

Out from that place three foul wenches arose
    Across the land they brought locust and crows
    The land did die and caused the people great woes

Who would stand up to the three wenches you ask?

Then with a sudden stop of dancing and music he simple states,

Why the heroes of River’s Watch of course.

The room that had been humming along to the bard’s rhythmic story telling fell silent at the sudden break in tempo then exploded in a loud huzza!

Pip felt rather good about the last iteration of his song and went directly to the bar to reward himself with another pint of mead.

Mannerisms and Appearance
    Well dressed and well groomed this small Halfling has looks that can kill and on occasions uses them for it. With blond hair, blue eyes, and a handsome face it seems that women of all races seem to fawn over the bard... and on occasion the men too. He is always jovial even under the most dire of circumstances and often has a witty phrase at the ready when dealing with his foes.

Pip.jpg

Dajian on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    My LSG's D&D nights have been a little sporatic, and I've had a hankering to play a Leader role.

Either a Halfling Cleric from a nomadic southlands clan or a Gnomish Warlord who boisterously fights in the name of justice.

I'm guessing this will follow a similar format and pace to Denada and Prestor John's PBP games. I'll look into Mythweavers and post a sheet later.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'll throw my hat in as a Human Cleric. Tonight's booked up, but I'll get you a character sheet and background tomorrow.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Way to set the bar high, Dajian! :)

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'll Myth Weavers this tomorrow, but used the character generator to get stats going.

Decided on a Dragonborn Cleric named Cocytus with a Cold Breath Weapon
    Name Etymology: Cocytus is the name of the frozen river ensnaring Satan in Dante's Inferno

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    How many PCs are you looking to run here? It looks like we have a good spread of different classes and races to really have a nice rounded party if everyone submits something.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well, I've been wanting to play one of these for a while. Been reading other PbP games and it looks like fun.

I'll post my character sheet when I get off of work later today but I'm thinking of playing a Gnoll barbarian named Sorych.

robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    For those who were interested in getting their roll on. (D&D 4E PbP game recruiting)

Hmmm... I'm kind of interested, since all I can do is DM locally. But I've never tried D&D over the tubes. Will it be easy to figure out as I go or should I perhaps watch your thread and wait for another later?

Edit: I probably should've posted this in the other thread, eh.

There we go.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    For those who were interested in getting their roll on. (D&D 4E PbP game recruiting)

Hmmm... I'm kind of interested, since all I can do is DM locally. But I've never tried D&D over the tubes. Will it be easy to figure out as I go or should I perhaps watch your thread and wait for another later?

There we go.

Roll up a character and post the concept here.

If you want to see how it will go down you can look at these threads:

Denada's Game

Cytorak's Game

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

There we go.

I say go for it. I mean, as long as you're available to post daily (which, judging by how easily I recognize your name, I'm guessing you can), you meet the requirements. I'm not an expert DM, and I'm not expecting everyone to know everything. I'm going into this under the assumption that everyone's flipped through the PHB. That's pretty much it.

And the question about number of PCs - it'll depend on how many are interested by Tuesday. If it's only 6, I'll make room for everyone. If it's more, I'll try to assemble as varied and complementary a team as I can.

Of course, if there's only one controller and two strikers, they've got a much better chance than all of the 4 leaders.

Themindtaker on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

There we go.

I say go for it. I mean, as long as you're available to post daily (which, judging by how easily I recognize your name, I'm guessing you can), you meet the requirements. I'm not an expert DM, and I'm not expecting everyone to know everything. I'm going into this under the assumption that everyone's flipped through the PHB. That's pretty much it.

And the question about number of PCs - it'll depend on how many are interested by Tuesday. If it's only 6, I'll make room for everyone. If it's more, I'll try to assemble as varied and complementary a team as I can.

Of course, if there's only one controller and two strikers, they've got a much better chance than all of the 4 leaders.

Ok, sounds cool. I'll start working on my sheet now.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I am interested, and I will post something later after my son goes to bed. Can we submit more than one concept?

cytorak on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I would be interested in rolling a SM. The idea just seems really cool.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    'Eyes' Airdrie - Elf Rogue
    Leaning her chair back at a small table in the corner of the Golden Iris, a youthful elf flips a thin circular blade between her fingers, half-listening to the halflings tune, and half-listening to the cluster of thieves and youths around her.
    "No, I'm not going to do a trick today, I just cleaned it! Oh, really? Thanks! Alright!"
    She laughed, raising the blade and sending it spinning from the corner of the hall into the wooden bar, right next to the halfling, before jumping off of her seat, catching it with her foot before it hit the floor, and stepping across the floor to grab her blade out, to scattered applause.
    "Whoops! Almost hit you! Here, I'll pay for your drink. It was a great tune!"
    She flipped a few coins from her sleeve onto the bar, a broad smile on her face.
    "I'm a hero of River's Watch, you know! Killed an orc once. Want to hear the story?"

Always cheerful and brightly dressed, Adrie has a smile for everyone she sees, fingers tapping a tune on the nearest surface. Never anything less than enthusiastically friendly, she never seems to take anything seriously.
    eyesb.jpg
    Peace, Tiefling Paladin
    The tall, imposing figure stepped into the bar, her unnaturally pale skin looking even wasted and menacing in the firelight. And yet there was a certain calm that radiated around her, the deep blue of her robes marking her as one in service to the Raven Queen.
    "I hear you have a corpse for the Raven Queen? I am here to perform the rites.
    The barkeep nodded, unable to form words in the presence of such an... imposing figure.
    "Show me."
    The barkeep led the tiefling into the back room, and a few minutes later, she emerged, carrying a small box over one shoulder.
    "Your child can rest now. Be at peace, Goodman Waites.
    A moment later, and she was gone, leaving nothing behind but an awed silence. The barkeep coughed, a tear trickling down his face.
    "One round for all, on the house. Then... I gotta close.

Peace is a tall Tiefling, with unnaturally pale skin(for a Tiefling,) solid black eyes and a long mane of deep blue hair. She dresses in long robes of the same deep blue that cover her plate armor, each piece of which is inscribed with the symbol of the Raven Queen. Her horns lie close to her head, extending past the back of her skull by about four inches.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, you can submit more than one concept, but keep them all in the same post please.

Also, great stuff so far guys. This is going to be a torturous decision.

Themindtaker on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Where are you guys pulling these character avatars from?

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Where are you guys pulling these character avatars from?

I always just use GIS and find one I like....

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I spent like an hour searching through deviantart for an elf picture that was anything CLOSE to what I had in mind. GIS tends to have even worse results for me, I lack google-fu.

So take some time and search the internet, you can find a perfect picture somewhere.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Ah. :D I wasn't sure if there was a link to D&D art or something around here I had missed.

I got a few things to do around the house now that the kids are in bed, but hopefully I'll have my character sheet and backstory up tonight.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Guess I will give this character another try. He is level 5, will fix that if he is chosen.

Sander - Human Rogue

'Turn around slowly and keep your hands where I can see them.' Darnis said in a commanding voice, laying his hand on his sword. The alley he had followed the thief into had turned out to be a dead end. This was fortunate, because too many big dinners and days of desk duty meant that watch sergeant Darnis' stamina was not quite what it once was.
    'What seems to be the problem officer?' asked the man in a cheerful voice, turning around to face him with his hands in the air.
    'I am placing you under arrest for theft.'
    'Theft, officer?' said the man, his face showing nothing but honest confusion. 'You must be mistaken.'
    'I saw you steal a purse myself.' said Darnis, a hint of doubt creeping into his voice. This was not how it was supposed to go.
    'Well, I have no doubt you are an honest watchman.' the man said, walking up towards the sergeant. 'Not like the ones you get in some towns, framing innocent men just to empty their pockets.' He laughed, an oddly disconcerting sound. 'Why don't we just go to your watch house and sort this out?'
    As Darnis opened his mouth to reply, the man moved. His arm darted out and up, driving a dagger that had appeared in his hand to the hilt into the the watchman's throat.

Sander pulled out the dagger and cleaned it on Darnis' coat, emptied his pockets and stashed the money and watch badge he found.
    'Watch bastards.' he muttered as he walked out of the ally. Darnis watched him leave as he lay slumped up against the wall, trying to form a shout as his lungs filled with blood.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=103130

Appearance and Demeanor

The best description a typical person in the street could give of Sander is "about average". He is of average height and weight, with an average appearance. Dark blonde straight hair, brown eyes, and often unshaven. Those who look closer notice the wiry strength in his limbs and the tiger-like grace to his moves.
    Sander takes great care to appear to be a worry-free rogue. He tells jokes, smiles, and treats most people he meets with courtesy. His true nature is hard to spot, and only shows when he loses the tight grip he keeps on his temperament or when he is left alone with a helpless "enemy".

Vic on
  • Options
    cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Adrik Stonehand, Dwarf Invoker

Adrik was getting annoyed with the patrons of the Cheeky Friar.

"What are you...a sorceror?" asked one man,

Adrik sighed. "No, for the sixth time, I'm called an invoker. "Kord himself blessed me and told me to go forth in his name!"

"I...just thought invokers were...taller," the drunken sailor slurred, spilling his beer on the table.

"Do ya think Kord really cares who follows him, s'long as they bring him glory in battle?" Adrik narrowed his dark eyes at the merchant. "I have but two goals as I walk this mortal plane: do the bidding of my lord by smiting his enemies and defending the weak, like you." He finished his ale in one gulp.

"Bah. Maybe there's better company over at the Golden Iris. I piss better conversation than you lot dribble out of your mouths."

Mannerisms and Appearance: Adrik is gruff (he is a dwarf, after all) but he also prides himself on his politeness and eagerness to help those in need. He is more than willing to buy multiple rounds at the bar, but he's not exactly a social butterfly. Leave the talking to the diplomats; Adrik is better at busting heads with the power of Kord at his beck and call.

2cf2xd.jpg

Gwim, Goblin Wild Magic Sorcerer

Gwim strode purposefully into the Golden Iris and was pleased to see the halfling bard and the applauding crowd. "Hmm...good to see the little people getting their chance to shine."

The barkeep looked sternly at Gwim. "You're not going to set the place on fire again, are you, Gwim? I almost lost three tables and a 8 chairs last time you tried to show off in here."

Gwim dismissed him with a wave of his hand. "Look, Rolfus, I paid you back more than what that stuff was worth. And your place was the talk of River's Watch for a good two weeks. You can't pay for that kind of publicity."

The barkeep shook his head and placed a small glass of mead in front of the goblin.

"Besides, with the buzz around town, I have a feeling I'll be setting fire to something or someone more exciting than furniture soon enough."

Mannerisms and Appearance: Gwim is covered in tattoos he claims helps channel his powers. A tattoo of Avandra's symbol is on his left arm. After nearly destroying several drinking establishments, Gwim figured getting in good with the goddess of luck might not be a bad idea. He enjoys adventuring as long as he's got a few shields, er, comrades to help watch his back. He is loyal to a fault; some say even a little gullible, if there's treasure or booze to be had.

dowd9h.jpg

cytorak on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Braelani Cuaifeach Eladrin Fighter
    Thin tendrils of steam wafted off the bubbling pot, and the grizzled old man lifted himself out of his chair, joints creaking, to stir it with a thick wooden spoon. The light of the cooking fire reflected off the baked stone hearth, and played shadows across the room of the small dwelling.

After a few quick turns, he lifted the spoon to his mouth, pausing a moment to blow lightly over the hot stew. Carefully, he inched it closer to his lips which could sense the heat radiating off his supper.

A loud banging at the front door sent the spoon jumping, splattering his face with tiny, scalding droplets. Screaming, he wiped his hands over his face and stumbled towards the door.

"Aiieeee!! What in the nine hells do you want?!" he wrenched open the portal to see a tall, hooded, but familiar figure. "Devils take you woman! You've melted my face!"

Braelani paused for a moment, taken aback by the accusation. The old man's face was clearly intact - though he smelled of boiled tubers.

"My apologies Anaster. If it's any consolation, you're still as handsome as ever."

He glared at her for a moment, harrumphed, and retreated back to the cooking hearth. "You're lucky that I'm partial to flattery, and that you inherited your father's glib tongue. Well don't just stand there, close the door."

Braelani sat down on a small wooden stool near the old man's chair, while he ladled stew into two wooden bowls, handing one to her.

"Potatoes?" she asked.

"Pffft! You know I can't stand root vegetables. It's lamb. What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"No reason." she mumbled and turned her head to hide her smile.

They ate in silence for a while before Anaster set his bowl in his lap and raised his hand to scratch at his unshaven jowls.

"So? Why are you here? I haven't seen you in months."

Braelani nodded apologetically and gulped down her stew. "Sorry about that. Things have been...busy."

"Oh? Lady Tiandra? What has she done now?"

The eladrin stirred her spoon aimlessly around her empty bowl for a moment before answering. "She tried to have me killed. Again."

Anaster's gaze fell. "I see..." He gestured with his hand and both of their bowls floated through the air and settled neatly on a small table near the washbasin. "I see. What do you intend to do about it then?"

"Run," she replied. "There's no point in trying to fight her."

"Indeed. Your sister is not one to be trifled with at the moment. Where will you go?"

"I was thinking of Earth. Nirava will be in confluence soon, won't it?"

Anaster squinted at the ceiling for a moment. "Aye, in fact it should already be in reach if my calculations are correct. There's a fey crossing half a mile from here."

Braelani smiled. "I know."

"A-ha. I see you've given this some thought already."

She nodded.

"I suppose there's no point in trying to change your mind. Not that I would try anyways. The Summer Queen is a dangerous foe to have."

Braelani stood and gathered her pack.

"You're going to miss the Feywild, you know."

"I think I'll miss you more, old man."

This time it was Anaster who smiled. "Oh, I'll be around..."

braelani.jpg

Appearance
    Braelani is a tall Eladrin warrior with long flaxen hair. Quiet and reserved, she rarely speaks about her past. She has the look of a world-weary traveler, constantly on the move and often looking over her shoulder. She caries few possessions; a traveling pack, a suit of supple armor made from the tanned hide of some unfortunate creature, and a long spear which doubles as a walking stick.

Character Info
    Braelani is an Eladrin spear fighter built on mobility and evasiveness.

She has left the Feywild to escape a vengeful rival (her sister) who has tried to kill her, twice, and is now traveling Earth hoping to get her life back on track.

After spending some time in Nirava getting used to Earth culture, she has made her way to River's Watch in search of...something she can't quite identify. Destiny? Fame? Fortune? None of these seem likely...yet still she is drawn to the city, as if it were a lodestone on her soul.

One of the side-affects of being on Earth (she is now discovering, to her chagrin) is a re-awakening of her fey instincts. These tend to manifest themselves as a sudden urge to kidnap human babies, and place them within a mushroom ring deep in the forest as an offering to the Faerie Queen.

Here is her character sheet.

Anaster Human Wizard
    The old man pushed open the door and was greeted by a wall of sound. Across the room, a fair-looking gnome had just finished some kind of performance which had earned him a rousing applause.

Anaster chuckled to himself. "Damn gnomes."

The Golden Iris was crowded tonight, mostly locals but a fair number of adventurers too. His eyes scanned the room for a moment, then he sighed heavily.

She's not here, either.

He clutched his traveling cloak to his chest as a chill breeze blew off the river, then stepped inside.

It took him a few moments to find a comfortable looking seat off in the corner. Unfortunately it was occupied. He hunched down slightly and leaned heavily on his staff as he shuffled over towards the table where a young couple sat holding hands and staring into each others eyes.

He stood there for a moment, but they seemed completely oblivious to his presence. Rolling his eyes, Anaster leaned over the table slightly and began coughing and wheezing, giving his staff a slight shake with his gnarled hand for good effect.

The young lovers snapped out of their reverie and their eyes went wide.

"Oh! Here old one, take my seat. Are you well?" The young man nearly tripped over himself as he pulled out his chair for the mage.

With more coughing and wheezing - and a great show of relief - Anaster dropped himself into the seat and waved his hand magnanimously at the young man.

"Can I get you anything old one? Some tea perhaps?"

"Yes-" More coughing. "Please, thank you son."

The boy went off towards the bar and, before he could stop her, his attractive companion went off after him,

Blast. Well, you can't win them all.

A few moments later the young man returned with a steaming pot and mug, which he placed gingerly on the table before the old man. "Here you go. It's on me." he smiled.

Still hunched, Anaster tilted his head slightly towards the boy. "Thank you my son, so kind of you." More wheezing.

"My pleasure, and have a good evening!" He walked off to join his lady friend and they stepped out into the night.

Anaster sniffed at the rising steam from the pot, bolted upright with a scowl on his face and waved his arm at a passing waitress.

"Whiskey! Make it a double."

anaster.jpg

Character Info
    Anaster is an old human wizard who, while being somewhat curmudgeonly, has a kind heart and a gentle smile. In his youth he carried a prankish streak, which still comes through from time to time.

Having an affinity for all things elven, he had decided to relocate to the Feywild where he spent most of his time fiddling with the arcane forces that permeate the plane.

Things changed a few months ago when his friend Braelani left for Earth. He hasn't heard from her since and has started to become a bit worried.

With nothing better to do, he's decided to head back home to River's Watch and see if he can track down his old friend.

Anaster's character sheet.

Khazal abu Hadim Dragonborn Fighter
    I am Khazal abu Hadim.

My people are the Khartalli Narash - the "wolves of the desert" in your tongue, and my family lives north and west of Kah'mell. You have heard of this place, yes?

It is a great place, Kah-mell. Many of my people congregate there to trade and worship - always peacefully for that is the will of Baham'ut.

Forty nights ago, I left my home, and have travelled over dunes and plains to here, River's Watch. I have heard of this place. They say that in River's Watch, one can find anything if they look hard enough, and if Baham'ut wills it.

They say that those who desire gold may trade for it in the market. Those who seek knowledge my find it among the scholars. It is even said that one may find honor here, if their heart is true.

You see that I seek none of these things, and so you ask 'Why have you come here Khazal abu Hadim?'.

Forty nights ago, my brother took his own life, and brought shame to our family.

I have come here, to River's Watch, to seek redemption for his soul.

khazal.png

Character Info
    Khazal abu Hadim is a dragonborn warrior from the sandy dunes northwest of Kah-mell. He has come to River's Watch in search of some way to redeem the soul of his brother, who mysteriously took is own life several weeks prior.

The Abzurian Dragonborn Starlock
    "MMMMMmmmmmmmm!"

"What? What is it old seer? What do you see?"

"I see many things, young human! I see your fate! The stars have spoken to me! MMMMMMMmmmmmmm!" he whined ominously.

A few minutes later, Joshua left the small storefront and ran down the street as fast as his legs could carry him, a smile beaming from ear to ear. Back inside, 'The Abzurian' counted the silver coins the young man and only been too happy to turn over after hearing that 'the stars' had great things in store for him.

*clink* *clink*

"MMMMMMmmmmmm!" he whined merrily to himself.

Not a bad take.

The wizened old dragonborn scooped up the coins and shuffled off to the back of his shop, depositing them in a sturdy lock box hidden behind a painting.

It was a modest life, this fortune-telling, but it payed his meals and gave him an excuse to commune with the Far Ones from time to time, an activity he wholly enjoyed.

Mysterious and alien though they seemed, these Far Ones appeared to have taken an interest in him. Were they gods? Angels? Demons?

It mattered little. They had promised him that they had his best interests in mind, and that they were simply curious about life on Earth. What harm could there be in that?

'The Abzurian' - a nom de plume, but the only name he could remember - closed up his shop and shuffled his way down to the Golden Iris; one of the better establishments in River's Watch.

There was a delightful breeze coming off the water this evening.

"MMMMMMMmmmmm!" he whined contently.

abzurian.jpg

The Abzurian is an old, dragonborn star-pact warlock - who makes a meager living as a fortune teller. Character sheet is here.

Dortmunder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Kalim Vandri - Genasi Watersoul Swordmage

Genasi.jpg

Appearance:
    A very controlled person. Seems definite and fluid with his movement, but when concentrating on something or someone, barely moves a muscle. Light bluish green skin with bright blue lines that seem to stretch head to toe. Broad shoulders and a toned frame. Greenish blue 'hair' stands up on his head in thick spikes that flow back slightly. A very chiseled jaw and nose, with glowing white eyes. Wears leather armor that is open on the sides revealing his glowing energy lines, and a few scraps of leather tied around his arms and hands. Various straps an buckles seem to hold this configuration together tightly. A crossbow is slung over his backpack and a broadsword strapped to his hip. A waterskin is visible on each hip, and a lantern hangs from a clip on his chest.

Personality:
    Admirer of art, music, and theater. Easy to gain his trust, and just as easy to amuse him. However, he is wary of people mistreating him for his appearance. He tends to observe situations before putting himself in them. He likes the simpler things in life, and tries to stray from chaotic environments or dramatic situations. Seems to drink water constantly. Rather quiet, and tends to gesture more than speak.

Backround:
    Kalim is rather quiet about his past, but from what the locals have gathered, this Genasi has traveled most of his life before settling down about 5 years ago in River's Watch. Seeing that he was rather out of place already as a Genasi, he chose to hide his magical prowess. He bought himself a small house on the edge of the river on the outskirts of town and stayed rather quiet for the most part. For the first few years, the residents of River's Watch barely saw him other than when he came out for supplies or swimming in the river.
    The children where actually the first to get him to break from his shell, as they played games with him in the river, challenging him to breath holding contests or water tag. He eventually became more involved in the community, and started working on a hay field just outside of town.
    He seemed to be in very good shape, as he would be seen carrying multiple hay bail and throwing them with ease into piles. Kalim often carried a broadsword with him in the fields, saying that it was to fend of any wolves, but the townsfolk knew no wolves would be going after a hay field. One day he was seen practicing with his sword against a hay bail by one of the towns guards. The guard took notice of his excellent form and power, and invited him to come train with them some time.
    Kalim was hesitant at first, but eventually he became very enthralled with the guard training. He soon proved himself a worthy fighter, and was given an opportunity to guard the town. He has been working as a guard for the past year and a half, and is known as one of the most honorable and kindest guards by the community.

Character Sheet

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Man, I have a good idea, but I always have so much trouble coming up with names.

EDIT: Meh, generic first name from the PHB plus a generic compound last name, that'll do it.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    TrenogTrenog Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dante Oriorterra
    Half-Elf Wizard (Extraordinaire)

"The esteem in which I find myself considering you with is absolutely generous. I should hope today that you'll consider my advice on clothing?"
    *slap*
    "Hmmmm. Yes. Well I guess it's a little bad form to ask you to bed with your husband out in the other room, but I still think that I ought to get a better look at you."
    *slap*

Dante can be described as an Elf that has taken too kindly to the mannerisms of the Humans. He has become slightly overweight over the years of indulgence in simple foods and fine wines. He always is fidgeting with something or paying attention to something else while the world goes on around him (and people are talking to him), and he has a bit of a one-track mind when he finally does pay attention to something (whether that be an interesting text, a rare find, or a woman of his tastes), even when the world around him is addressing him angrily. Also, the quickness in which he is able to backpedal in any situation is remarkable, so he asks nicely that you back him up when things turn sour grapes.

He is a jovial person that almost always is in the state of near-trouble, and he always comes out smelling like a flower...at the very least because of the perfume he's wearing, and otherwise because he's a natural sweet talker. If you were to ask him about the world, then after a time you too would think the world was as rosy as he says, but you would not be hard-pressed to realize that once he has left, that the world was a darker shade of gray than you remembered.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=112635

Trenog on
    steam_sig.png
    Malkor wrote: »
    Rolo wrote: »
    opium is all natural shit son

makes you stronger

It also makes you immune to time.
    Bama wrote: »
    Two weeks ago, I lost the bulk of my female friends

She really hates it when you call her that.
    FCD wrote: »
    Ahhh, Orochimaru. Or, as I like to call him, Japanese Pedophile Voldemort.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Moved 'The Abzurian' to my first post (above) - as requested by the DM.

Dortmunder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    1. You're supposed to put multiple concepts in the same post.

2. Oh god you can't be serious.

3. BEST THING.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    The MMMmmmmmMMM! from that movie haunts me.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I despise sliding closet doors.. (closet doors went off-track and I just put them back on)

Character will come sometime Friday..

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Name: Skamos Darkrage
    Race: Tiefling
    [strike]No seriously guys, why are you all walking away?... Guys?[/strike]
    Class: Fighter (Guardian)
    Role: [strike]tank[/strike]Defender
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Character sheet: here

Appearance:
    449481c959cc44af.jpg
    Looks like your standard tiefling- bright red with horns. Also has some black markings along the lower jaw that strongly resemble a goatee... but it's not actually hair; just marks on the skin, similar to a tattoo.

He tends to wear full plate mail all the time for some inexplicable reason, and as such walks a bit stiffly.

Personality: In three words- Goody two-shoes. Could be mistaken for a paladin by the uninformed; very self-righteous and uptight. Tends to be suspicious of others, a bit closer to the paranoid end of things than is comfortable socially. Has an almost archaic morality when it comes to how he treats sex/alcohol/etc and almost never relaxes this. In short, very irritating.

Mannerisms: Of note is Skamos' tendency to be very terse and, for some reason, often use statements that are very easily misinterpreted as something far more sinister than intended. People usually misidentify this as him being up to something, some dark past, or the reason why he isn't actually a Paladin... but nine times out of ten, it's just poor word choice, and he usually never notices. Watch out for that one time out of ten when it isn't, though.

Background: Skamos was found abandoned as an infant in a very isolated region and was raised by a priest with Very Strong Religious Views- yes, the sort of Religious Views so strong they need to be capitalized.

He had a rather ordinary childhood- well, excluding the incident when that cat burst into flame mysteriously, but they never found out what caused that anyway- and the fact that he was the only of his race in his village- and all the bandit attacks- and... actually, he didn't have an ordinary childhood. At all. Forget the first bit of this paragraph, alright?

Early in his teens, Skamos was enlisted to aid in defense against the occasional bandit attacks on his village, and excelled in combat- more often than not because he was already an imposing height by that point. He eventually committed to the town's defense full-time, learning skill in arms, acquiring a solid set of equipment from local blacksmiths, and even was considered for the head of the militia- which he declined.

More recently, he's grown restless, setting out to bring justice to the roving bandits and perhaps find a greater cause to commit to.

Yes, this character is a bit silly.

Also, I've never made a character sheet unaided before now, so there may be something wrong with it. Point it out if there is.

_____________________________________________________________-

The idea for this character was sparked by an offhand comment someone made in the main chat thread. So thank you, whoever you are!

Darrak Cobalttoe, Dwarven Star Pact Warlock

Too deep.

We had been mining in the tunnels beneath the mountainhome when we struck a metal not known to our kind. Unusually strong and tough, it was seen by all as a great find, one that would make our small home famous. Our greed blinded us.

We excavated, finding the extent of the vein. It was enormous, covering a large area. Our avarice clouded us. None sought to wonder why the vein of metal covered a round gap in the living rock- indeed, as though it was a plug in the stone.

We should have turned back. We should have collapsed the tunnels and fled to the upper halls. Instead, we made ready and struck into the metal.

Too deep.

All too soon, the miners made a discovery: a great chasm in the mountain just on the other side of the new ore. Wondering at this new development, the greater whole of our miners and leaders traveled there, curious as to what lay within.

We stared long and hard into that void within the mountain.

Something stared back.

-Last record known to have originated from Angrim Tharaz, dwarven outpost. The outpost abruptly cut off all contact with the outside several years ago; traders arriving at the outpost discovered all the entrances sealed from within.

dorf.png

Appearance: From a distance, Darrak looks like your standard dwarf: black hair, a thick beard, and overelaborate clothing that also acts as functional armor.

Looking at him up close reveals a different story entirely. His eyes are sunken as if from a constant lack of sleep; he has the look of someone who was once in shape, perhaps even a warrior of some type, but has since lost his strength to misuse and atrophy; and even appears slightly emaciated. He has a constant guilty look about him as well.

Tattooed on the back of his left hand is the sigil of a jagged, stylized eye shot through with lightning bolts, all in black. It seems to shift and squirm uncomfortably as you look at it; in fact, the longer you look at it, the more you want to look away from it.

Darrak also bears a ceremonial warhammer. Despite obviously being designed as a showpiece, it- like all craftsdwarfship- is still a functional, if otherwise mundane, weapon. There are spots on the head that appear to have once born religious imagery, but have since been roughly chiselled off.

Personality: Quiet. Has a tendency to pick up on the statements other say, seemingly at random, and make disturbing comments that appear to have no real connection to the previous conversation. A nice dwarf, to be certain, but appears to occasionally want to do something kind but think otherwise and stop with great reluctance- or perform some sinister act with a similar level of distaste. Mutters to himself. Extremely jumpy and nervous; doesn't like direct contact with others.

Background: Mostly unknown, but a known resident of the lost dwarven city of Angrim Tharaz. Those who visited the outpost before its abrupt cease of contact occasionally remember a dwarf matching Darrak's description among the leaders of the outpost and usually describe him as a boisterous, jovial dwarf with a tendency to be headstrong and a talent for taking the traders for everything they had in contests of skill, but most of all a complete lack of talent in the arcane. Whatever happened to him in the years of isolation (or, indeed, what he may have done in those years) clearly still haunts him; and where his sudden skill with dark magic came from is also unknown.

His sudden reappearance in the world has, since the outpost's withdrawal, been the one sign that any dwarves yet live there, although no others known to have lived there have been seen since. His behavior is just as mysterious as his reappearance; he arrives in a town, stays for a few days while taking in the sights, then leaves just as fast.

Character sheet

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh, jeeze. There is already far too much good competition here.

I'm working on my sheets now, but my character concepts that I'm working on are a Half-elven Paladin who worships Melora, or a Razorclaw Shifter ranger.

(also, this is my first post on these forums. Hello!)

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    First post? Welcome!

Just make that sheet and put it out. Some of these concepts are pretty derivative. (Not looking at the Skeksis at all!)

EDIT: Totally the skeksis that I'm talkin' bout.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I will probably make a sheet by tomorrow, though it will be hard to match some of these entries (seriously!).

I was thinking an animal companion based ranger, multiclassing with Barbarian. Or something like that. I've had a real affinity towards feral-like PC's lately.

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well, my character sheet is up and ready to go. I'll write his backstory tomorrow. It's 1 AM and I need to get up in 5 hours.... *yawn*

Sorych the Gnoll Barbarian

Might as well throw an image of him for ya'll.

250px-Gnolls_-_Wayne_England.jpg

Wow, the competition is really rough for these spots. I'm really impressed with the other posts and am a little embarrassed to post mine. Oh well, here goes anyway. I really want to play. Just as a note, I will definitely be available for posting every weekday and most weekends. I would like to post more than once a day but I won't hold it against anyone if we're unable to do that. Thanks for the consideration.

Short RP:
    Sorych stalked his prey as quietly as he could. He had been hungry for awhile and had not found many creatures to feed off of. After weeks in the wilderness wandering around without his pack, Sorych was desperate for food. The small meals he had been eating from plants disgusted him. He wanted some meat.

Though he is not as sharp as he is when fully fed, he still was able to track a small rabbit to a small opening from the forest he had been wandering in. Now was the tough part. He had never been one for stealth but instead preferred charging his quarry with little regard for his own safety. That is, in fact, why he had been separated from his pack.

The large gnoll dropped to all fours using the large brush on the outskirts of the field to hide him. Slowly, quietly Sorych inched towards the small creature. His hunger pushed him to charge but he kept his body in check. Slowly, Sorych’s clawed hand went to his belt to undo the latch holding his axe to his side. The rabbit’s ears perked up and it stands on its hind legs. Sorych curses under his breath. The rabbit must’ve heard his movements.

No time to delay, he has to charge now.

Jumping to his feet, Sorych races forward just in time to see a small fox catch the rabbit and run towards the woods.

Damn… too slow.

Without thought he changed his target to the fox. Though he trailed behind the other predator, he would not let it escape easily. He needed the meat and whether he was going to eat rabbit or fox did not matter to him. Sorych’s size would slow him down if the fox could reach the woods prior to being caught. Sorych forced his legs to push as hard as he could. He needed the food. Desperation was just as much on the fox’s side as on his side, though, and the small creature accelerated every time he seemed to close the distance. The woods were coming closer and closer. Sorych gave one last effort to close in but when that failed decided to throw his greataxe at the fox hoping for a miracle. The axe fell harmlessly to the ground behind and the right of the fox. It then bolted into the woods weaving in and out of the trees. It was obvious that the agility of the fox would not be matched by a 7’ 7” gnoll.

Sorych howled in frustration for a moment before sighing and retrieving his weapon.

Another night hungry, he thought to himself. He latched his axe back to his side, walked into the woods and searched for more berries and roots to eat. After spending an hour searching, Sorych gathered enough food to hold him over for the night.

I knew I should’ve paid attention to gathering food more. His thoughts drifted back to his pack and the hunts they would go on. He continued to trek alongside the river Thareyn heading towards what he hoped would be a city.

Background:
    Sorych came from a very small pack of gnolls south of River's Watch. The winters were cold and snowy and the summers brought out much life. They had survived for a long time hunting the wildlife around and had little interaction with anyone/anything else. One day, while out hunting, his pack was attacked by a small group of goblins with a hobgoblin leader. With the advantage of surprise on their side, the goblins were able to kill everyone with Sorych. Sorych attempted to defend his pack to the best of his ability. Seeing a goblin near a small cliff, he charged in swinging the giant axe above his head and prepared to split the small humanoid from top to bottom. However, he was a little over zealous. Sorych tripped and fell over a cliff into the river and was washed down stream. He floated for a while before he found a way out of the ravine he was stuck in. Without his pack or any real way to survive, Sorych followed the river downstream hoping he would find some form of civilization. He may have lived in the wild for his entire life but he never really learned much about surviving apart from the pack. He had always been the muscle of his family.

Now pack-less, Sorych searches for a way to survive and a group to call his pack again. He knows how important this is to his survival.

Appearance:
    Sorych is relatively big even for a gnoll standing at 7'7" and weighing a little over 325 pounds. His fur that covers his body is mostly tan with spots of black dots that run down his mane. His eyes glow a faint yellow color even with minimal lighting. His eyes and nose are black. His face is mostly without marking except the thin black lines that run from his nose to his eyes.

He wears light brown hides for protection on his chest, back, upper thighs and upper arms and a small loincloth around his waste. His greataxe hangs from his right side attached on his leather belt. The armor looks worn with age and there are noticeable patches where the armor's color has began to face.

Personality:
    As is true of most gnolls, he believes firmly in his pack. He is intensely loyal to them and will die for them (unfortunately, the falling from the cliff during the goblin incident prevented him from following through on this with his last pack). To other humanoid species, he would seem rough and arrogant though that seems to be natural to other gnolls. He will voice his opinion and demand answers or assistance instead of asking for help. When talking to pack members, he may seem rough with them but he will readily give his life for them and will show respect to their ideas and thoughts. When dealing with people outside of his pack, he really couldn't care much less about what they think of him.

In combat, he can a little reckless, sometimes charging in without fully thinking of the consequences. His power, though, is undeniable and he loves to prove this in any way he can.

He has an obvious hatred towards goblins. Killing them will bring him the most satisfaction. It would require a great force of someone else's will to hold him back...

robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    StormgaleStormgale Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Edrath- Elven Fighter
    templeton.jpg
    (Assuming the two elves know each other for the sake of ease, if you mind rainfall I cahn change it)
    With their entertainment gone the youths turned to her companion, seeming perturbed by the disturbance he simply flicked a few coins in the air, sending the crowd scattering after it, leaving him with some peace as he slipped through the bar.
    "What you always seem to Forget Airdrie is that I was keeping the other one off your back" he stated as he approached, sipping a drink of his own brew, finding most of the brews here to bland.
    He let a slight smile grace his features for a moment before turning to the bard "Sometimes she forgets that her blades can cut" he added as he sat down, his hand clutching small talisman round his neck, made up of different trinkets.
    Each one was of someone he had lost, a friend, a brother in arms, linked by a chain around his neck he would never let himself forget the loss, forget why he fought.
    Dispelling the melancholy he turned to the bard "When your done with your drink, would you be kind enough to grace us with another song" he asked, throwing the bard a Gold piece for his trouble.

The fel blade descended he grimaced, steeling himself for the final blow... his energy spent cutting down the hordes around him
    It's funny how in the end everything becomes so sharp, even foggy memories clear as day, He was Young and running through his people's forest, he was a teenager practicing his music and his blade, finding the bow far too.... simple for his tastes, then he was an adult fighting back against the goblins, protecting the treetop archers with dancing steel, flowing through their hordes with practices precision.

He remembered the dead; Drogen the stout dwarf who managed to hold off that spider so they could escape, Balasar the paladin who smiled even as the fire roasted him to cinders and Ithien with her pure white robes, just out of reach as she was cut down... he hunted those goblins for weeks till he had his vengeance, and now it would finish him.

With a Thud the Goblin dropped... it seemed the rangers had gotten here sooner than expected and he lent forward, ripping the charm to Melora from his pocket, adding it to the chain round his neck, smiling for the first time in weeks "It is good to see you, where are our talents needed next?" he asked, cleaning his blade for their next encounter.

Profile:
    Edrath is an elf stuck between two personalities, the carefree and wild nature that his elven Nature Brews in him, and the pragmatist and practical soldier that experience has melded him into. The former bleeds into his combat style, his Glaive dancing around him like liquid steel. However the latter has bled into everything he does, making the Elf reserved at even the slightest hint of danger. In essence, he is a person wishing to break free, but forces himself to be disciplined to fight the shadows.

Stormgale on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well, this proves what I already suspected. We need more dungeon masters here in CF dangit.

Vic on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    First of all, Dortmunder? !!!!. I can't decide whether to punish or reward you for dredging up the repressed memories that go along with that warlock of yours.

Second of all, I realized that I wasn't totally explicit about some details involving this little venture, so I'm updating the OP with some additional info, most important of which is the following:

I will be expecting the players (you guys) to post at least once per weekday (weekends are free because my RL games are on weekends, and I skip between here and columbus frequently so I need them free). This is more than just to keep the story moving, but also because I've found that when you let it get more intermittent than that, you're more likely to get late posts and someone holding everyone up in an encounter, etc. If it's just every day, then it's part of your routine and something you aren't gonna just forget to do it. Plus, once daily means the occasional slip-up doesnt slow the group down much. If this doesn't work for a lot of you, I am working on an...alternative solution. But daily posts are still required for this particular adventure.

Themindtaker on