As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Zune: 23 Months Later

1555657585961»

• LuqLuq Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Sweet. Seriously considering an 80 then.

Luq on
    FFRK:jWwH RW:Onion Knight's Sage USB
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So appearently my 4 gig saves almost a whole 2 gigs for "reserved space and content from other computers (if any)"

So I can't put anymore music or anything on there because it has these 2 gigs of nothing space. can I get around this in any way?

Bucketman on
  • EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I've been using my 120 in an armband case while working out, and I've had no serious issues (plastic pressed againt the entire freont of the device means a few misfires when pressing buttons, but if you set up a playlist and everything in advance, that shouldn't be an issue)

Evander on
  • risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    As someone who had a 20g ipod fail, used it for running a lot and it was the hard drive that went, I would advise against running with any hard disk based player. But then again I was dumb and would just put it in a pocker, whereas if I had an arm holder or something it might of been better...

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Bucketman wrote: »
    So appearently my 4 gig saves almost a whole 2 gigs for "reserved space and content from other computers (if any)"

So I can't put anymore music or anything on there because it has these 2 gigs of nothing space. can I get around this in any way?

It sounds like you put music on from another computer? Or perhaps something else? Since I used to primarily use my laptop, my Zune says there's 48GB used for the same as yours shows, but it's all the music, pictures, and videos.

You can format your Zune in worst case scenario and free up most of it. 4GB is still only 3.6 or so after formatting and system files.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Dark ShroudDark Shroud Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    If you exercise then check out this armband. There are different versions.

Belkin Neoprene Armband for Zune 80/120 GB (Black/Gray)

Dark Shroud on
  • EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

I have griffin's version of that. it works, but it IS a little tight on the system.

Evander on
  • Dark ShroudDark Shroud Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm trying to save for a 120gig and a few accessories. The Belkin armband seems to be the best one I've found so far. It's supposed to be water resistant and has a pocket for a key. I'll plan on using mine during during work outs so that's a plus for me.

Dark Shroud on
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Evander wrote: »

I have griffin's version of that. it works, but it IS a little tight on the system.

I have the Belkin arm band, it fits my 120 nicely. Before I got it, I used to run with my 120 in my jacket pocket, and I had no problems.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • darkgruedarkgrue Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    ArcSyn wrote: »

It sounds like you put music on from another computer? Or perhaps something else? Since I used to primarily use my laptop, my Zune says there's 48GB used for the same as yours shows, but it's all the music, pictures, and videos.

You can format your Zune in worst case scenario and free up most of it. 4GB is still only 3.6 or so after formatting and system files.

No, what he's talking about is space that the Zune software reserves. I don't have it in front of me, but there's a slider somewhere in the settings that you can set to reduce that space (I don't know what the minimum setting is, it may not be zero, but you should be able to get most of it back). Connect your Zune to your PC and use the PC settings to change the amount reserved.

darkgrue on
  • finalflight89finalflight89 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    darkgrue wrote: »
    ArcSyn wrote: »

No, what he's talking about is space that the Zune software reserves. I don't have it in front of me, but there's a slider somewhere in the settings that you can set to reduce that space (I don't know what the minimum setting is, it may not be zero, but you should be able to get most of it back). Connect your Zune to your PC and use the PC settings to change the amount reserved.

If you've ever synced your Zune as a guest, all music will be put in this section. Cutting it back won't be possible then. I would imagine that the Zune wouldn't reserve half of the whole thing automatically, so there must be some stuff in there.

finalflight89 on
  • RCagentRCagent Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So, I'm trying to see if my broken Zune Sync Cable can work even if its broken. My situation is that the entire casing of the sync cable has broken off so only the metal frame is showing, this part that goes into the Zune also refuses to go inside the Zune. I'm starting to think that maybe my Zune is broken, and something got stuck in the bottom of it thats blocking out Sync Cables, but I don't have an extra cable to test this out on. Anyone have any advice. I'm kind of thinking of trying to jam my sync cable into it, But I fear that'll probably just break things.

EDIT: I've noticed that I can ge tthe sync cable to connect to the sync port, but I've noticed I can move it up and down, like its just a little bit loose. Can anyone else check to see if their Zune experiences this with their Sync Cable? It might seem more than just a faulty sync cable.

RCagent on
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Don't listen to these other guys. There is a setting in the Zune software. Just poke around settings and then device and snoop around, its basically there if you sync your Zune to other computers and such or if there was a semi large firmware update. Lower that thing down to like, 100megs or something. There should be a slider or something.

Nothing is wrong with your zune, you don't have to reformat it or anything.

Lucky Cynic on
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Anyone else having trouble signing in to the Zune software? It keeps giving me some temporary server issue message. =\

Nevermind, I just checked the site, scheduled maintenance...

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So my zune suddenly has half the battery life it used to and gets warm now. This seems to have happened overnight. Is my battery dying or is something else amiss? I'm about to goolge it now, but thought I'd ask here too. Last two days I've noticed this, so not too long.

bobAkirafett on
    akirasig.jpg
  • TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Are any of you having problems updating your podcasts? Every time I try and update any of them I get an error C00D11CD (800C0057) and they don't download anything. I tried unsubscribing and deleting all the episodes but still nothing.

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So guys, I whipped up a really snazzy new thread. Going to see if it would be okay to trim this one short since a snazzy new OP always stimulates new conversation and this one is already slowed to a crawl...

Lucky Cynic on
This discussion has been closed.