Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Campaign ideas that never got beyond "Toying with the idea" phase
All GMs have dozens of campaign ideas that never got beyond "toying with the idea" phase. Some of them were good, but you couldn't interested players. Some were just plain strange. Some were just outright ridiculous, borderlining sheer stupidity. Here is one (quite recent and stupid) example from my own memos:
Castlevania 70's Year is 1973. Group of satan worshippers led by notorious occultist Herman Haarman have break into Chicago History Museum, and stolen rib bone from Romania Exhibition. Rib bone that is rumoured to belong Count Dracula. 46-years old vampire hunter Jonathan Morris goes to investigate scene, but he is captured by worshippers who plan to use his blood to resurrect Count Dracula. Now Ben Morris, Jonathan Morris's 18-years old son must rescue his father and put stop to Haarman's plans.
Some ideas that I had about this campaign
* Lots of references to the era. 1973 oil crisis, vietnam war, etc.
* Ben Morris is actually rebellious hippie who suffers LCD addiction
* His friend include all stupid stereotypes from 70's. Guy with big afro who knows kung-fu, awesome disco dude etc.
* As Romania in late 70's is totalitarian communist police state, Morris and his friends must find way cross the border undetected.
* Haarman is his cult have bribed corrupt soviet officer and his mechanized division to help them.
So what is your campaign idea that never got beyond "toying with the idea" phase?