As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Unofficial PAX08 DVD - It's Finished!

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Okay so thought I would throw an update in here, sorry for the delay!

Things started coming up, work was busy, stuff like that. Now I only work like 3 days in the next week and a half so I should have some time to work and finish this. The other thing that slowed me down was lack of hard drive space... But I have a new one on the way!

So yea just letting you guys know, as long as I don't get caught up in DnD or something, this project should be back on track. :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    rewakrewak Registered User new member
    edited February 2009
    Hey. I'm trying to download DVD1 from the concert disks, but i can't connect to the tracker. Anyone know a way to get it, either on another tracker or through MegaUpload or something? Thanks

rewak on
  • Options
    Altima NEOAltima NEO Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, Im also having trouble connecting to the tracker. Is the torrent down?

Altima NEO on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It's running off a public tracker so it shouldn't be down, though my computer is not currently seeding it as I went to a LAN last weekend, and am now quite far out of town, so there may not be anybody seeding it right now. I'll get back on that as soon as I get back home, either tomorrow or Wednesday.

I also have the "Community DVD" finished, so I can probably make a torrent of that soon for anybody interested in seeing Chris Taylor's keynote during the Pre-PAX Dinner, or something, which is really the only reason I made that one. I'll try to put another one together for the panels we got and that should be it, shouldn't take too long. I'm just in Vancouver WA right now and for the next day or two, so I dunno if I'll be able to do anything on it.

I'll be sure to let you guys know when I'm back up and seeding, as well as when the rest of the project is ready.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    It's the tracker that's the problem on my end for sure (h**p://24.22.138.180:57632/announce), i get a tracker connect failed error anytime i try.

rewak on
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Piratebay was down for a bit on the 8th, that may have been what cause the issues with connecting. Once I download completely, I'll be seeding for some time as well.

redhalo on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Is TPB the tracker for the concert disks too? I didn't see them on there, and that's not the tracker that's listed on the torrent (h**p://24.22.138.180:57632/announce)

rewak on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, TPB is the primary tracker, but if you downloaded the torrent when I first posted this then you may have the old torrent. The first one I made had my own IP as the tracker so it could be a more private thing, but that one isn't running any more, and it may be the one you're showing.

So yeah, sorry for the trouble, but I'll be on my way home fairly soon, and I should have it up and going by sometime tonight or whenever I manage to get home..

A section on the Community disk has been added to the OP as well.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Ah i see! My fault, got the fixed torrent and will hopefully be downloading now (says no seeds right now, but there are peers), thanks for the help!

rewak on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm seeding again.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Community Disk is ready to be downloaded, or at least tested. I have had one person test it and it seems to work, but I'll need others to know for sure, so if anybody snatches this torrent, please at least reply to say if it's working or not. Read the section on it in the OP for details and to make sure if you really even want to download it or not. As always, don't expect great quality, especially because Chris Taylor didn't have a microphone to use during his Keynote, so you may have to turn up your volume if you want to hear everything.

Also, as mentioned in the OP, if anybody has access to the bad horse clips and is able to share them, I would be more then happy to add them to the DVD and re-release it. It would give me more of a reason to even release this disk, even though they're all on Youtube anyway...

But, for anybody interested, you can find it here. The Panels disk should be more interesting though, hopefully I'll have some time to get that done fairly soon...

Also, there are some times during they day when I may have to cap my upload speed or even terminate it completely, so if it start's showing 0 seeders then don't freak out. It's also half the size of the Concerts one sense it's only one disk, so it shouldn't take as long to download.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    QixQix Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I would love to see what i missed from my first PAX...

Unfortunatly, all i can get for ISP is comcast. Cant use torrents...

Qix on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I don't understand why so many people have torrent issues with Comcast. I've been with Comcast for at least a year and not had a single problem, even with the enormous amount of content that I upload through torrents.

Oh well, hopefully the Official PAX08 DVD will be out before too long...

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2009
    I've been told to expect my CCST tapes back soon, which means they are probably getting close to being done with the official DVD.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited February 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    I've been told to expect my CCST tapes back soon, which means they are probably getting close to being done with the official DVD.

Very good news indeed, even I've been looking forward to it's release.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2009
    I've been looking forward to seeing what they did with our CCST footage

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited February 2009
    About how many hours worth did you guys record during the CCST?

On a side note, I may be posting something soon on our plans with this project for PAX09, how we'll include a bonus buttoneering button, and if (more like when) we may be asking for extra help. We're really just going to focus on the bigger events, and involve the community much, much more.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    kdnewtonkdnewton Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    Community Disk is ready to be downloaded, or at least tested. I have had one person test it and it seems to work, but I'll need others to know for sure, so if anybody snatches this torrent, please at least reply to say if it's working or not.

I've got it and it works (mostly). I'm watching it in Ubuntu 8.10 with VLC and the only problem I've got is a momentary black screen with the menu audio until I press the "next chapter" button, then I get the fully working menu. I'm pretty sure it's just a problem with my system's config.

Thanks for putting the DVDs together.

kdnewton on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Thanks for the input. I honestly haven't even tested that one, I only compiled the files, converted to image format, and posted it online, so it's good to know if I messed something up. Either way it's a good learning experience for the years to come, which will all be much better! :P

Also I can't even remember what audio I used for the menu, which is kinda sad lol.

Anyway, just got a CS4 collection (love it so far) so hopefully Premier won't be so fucked up this time and I can actually do a better job on the videos. If all goes well, the panels will be up before too long.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Hey, I'm on the community dvd. I actually had a moment of nostolgia seeing everyone I met last year. Thanks Coldbrew!

redhalo on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    You see yourself somewhere? I can't remember what a lot of people look like, lol, but thanks!

That wont be a problem next year though, and everybody will have a chance to have their own spot on it!

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    Queen BrewerQueen Brewer Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I see myself in many panned shots of the buttoneer gathering, and you can see my sprint to take a picture of the button case for the scavenger hunt!

My only issue was in VLC, it first shows a black screen with music, after pressing skip I go to the menu. I don't have any programs that'll burn NRG, but once I do, I'll give it a try in a DVD player.

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> once i had next door neighbors
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    <Moe_Fwacky> robbed drugstores together
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Strange... Yeah like I said, unfortunately I haven't been able to test it myself, but maybe I'll do that today. Also sorry for the NRG, it is a pretty basic format but I'll be using a more common one next time.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Strange... Yeah like I said, unfortunately I haven't been able to test it myself, but maybe I'll do that today. Also sorry for the NRG, it is a pretty basic format but I'll be using a more common one next time.

Like ISO :P

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    /sigh

Yes, that's what I was hinting at. :D

Also, the OP has been changed a bit. I wanted to wait a while longer to post anything for PAX09, but I've been really bored, so it's there now... I guess I should put the panels together now.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    You see yourself somewhere?
    I'm the duder holding up the button case on the left.:P

I havn't tried burning the images yet, but I'm able to play them directly with Mplayer on Linux with no probs.

redhalo on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    redhalo wrote: »

lol I didn't even know who it was that brought the case out, which... is kinda sad. Who was the other?

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    redhalo wrote: »

lol I didn't even know who it was that brought the case out, which... is kinda sad. Who was the other?

LordThanda.

redhalo on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Good to know!

Honestly though, I'm just pissed that I had to change tapes right when Mike and Jerry were getting bad horsed. So even though there's a clip of that online, it is kinda cut out of our panel footage, FYI...

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I burned it to a DVD-R using the free program ImgBurn , and it plays fine in windows media player as a DVD!

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yeah I did that to test the concert ones, they worked fine, and I compiled the Community disk the same way, so I figured it would be fine. Again, thanks for the input!

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    The Panels Disk has been finished and can be downloaded here.

With this, the Unofficial PAX08 DVD Set is complete, aside from the previously planned fourth section which I am unable to work on at this time, but may release down the road if I am ever able to make it. The OP has been updated accordingly, of course, so there's a section on it for details.

If you don't feel like going back and reading it, I'll simply say that on this disk you will find the Guild Wars panel, Spore presentation panel, Red vs Blue panel, Penny Arcade Q&A 2, and the final round of the Omegathon. I kinda half-assed this DVD (read section in OP for details) but I really just wanted to get it out of the way. At least be happy that it's in ISO format. :P

Now like I've mentioned before, I cannot be seeding 24/7, though it's always up at least over night. That includes today because after I post this I'm adding some hardware to my computer so it will be down for a bit. I guess that's it. Remember the OP was also updated with info on the project for PAX09 and we may be wanting extra help. Of course we'll post more when the time nears. Thanks, and enjoy!

EDIT: I should also add that I may be willing to make/ship disk copies to people if they are unable to download large files, but I'm not sure about details on that yet. PM me if you are interested or know an easy way to go about doing that.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    so I dont know a lot about torrents but apparently 0 people in the world are seeding this.

I have an eta for download of infinity.

that might be a problem.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yeah I'm not sure about the concerts and community disks, but im pretty sure im still the only seeder for the panels disk, and I cannot seed all day, but always am over night.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yeah I'm not sure about the concerts and community disks, but im pretty sure im still the only seeder for the panels disk, and I cannot seed all day, but always am over night.

I'm seeding as well, at the moment it looks like there's four of us.

redhalo on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I noticed 3-5 people finishing the panels one already so I don't feel so bad about not seeding at certain times.

It also looks like most of the people from my group last year will be going again, so we should be good for this years project, but of course I'll post more on that later.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Queen Brewer says I make an appearance at some point - can't wait to check it out!

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Thanks to everyone who worked on this.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Finally getting around to downloading this again. I had it mostly finished then my hard drive failed, so now I'm starting over :P

Thanks to the sole seader who is seeding all three parts :P

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Yeah I've kept seeding all three just in case, was kinda surprised to see people pulling all three after i woke up, lol. Thanks for the support. :D

uTorrent has been nice to me lately, such as letting me seed through-out the day without raping my bandwidth, so I should be able to keep it going more often, but there will still be downtime here and there.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
This discussion has been closed.