As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Urban Dead] "I Looted Caiger Mall and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt."

• Options
    Pat_McRochPat_McRoch Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Nocren wrote: »
    If you're using Firefox and want to pretty up the game a little, try this add-on
    http://udtoolbar.mozdev.org/

And I'm holed up in Urban General with about 50 others. Name's Simon Kiver (1486485).

I second the motion that the addon is tits

Pat_McRoch on
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It really deserves a section in the OP.

something like:

How to make your game awesome if you are using Firefox:

1. Go to http://udtoolbar.mozdev.org/
    2. Install udtoolbar
    3. Shoot Zombies.
    Screenshot1.jpg

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    Pat_McRochPat_McRoch Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    How did you get the inventory to appear like that? Mine still looks like the text version.

Also I have two European Paintings, am i suppose to break them over zombie heads?

Pat_McRoch on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I think the inventory is for the old Firefox 2 build of the addon.
    As for the paintings, I've seen them hung up at certain places along with some statues and christmas lights.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    ColtColt .45 ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Kajusta wrote: »
    It really deserves a section in the OP.

something like:

How to make your game awesome if you are using Firefox:

1. Go to http://udtoolbar.mozdev.org/
    2. Install udtoolbar
    3. Shoot Zombies.

That's fine, I'll add it. :) But I use Chrome so I won't be using it.

There is also UDBrain which is a database that tracks the buildings status around the city.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    So uh...is the 160 moves thing up when the server hits 12:00 PM? Or is it up literally 24 hours from when you used your last visit or whatever?

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    So uh...is the 160 moves thing up when the server hits 12:00 PM? Or is it up literally 24 hours from when you used your last visit or whatever?

I actually have no idea what your talking about. :| I've never gotten a message saying anything about 160 clicks.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Are you on a public/shared IP? They limit clicks per IP address if I remember correctly so that someone can't spam like 20 characters.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Broke down and have lots of time on my hands at work Lomi Avono the firefighter is gonna run around a bit.

Considering every building I bumped into was barriaced too much for me to get in, I wish i hadn't left where I started hehe.

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • Options
    JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So, are we merging with the G&T thread or doing our own thing?

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    JamesDM wrote: »
    So, are we merging with the G&T thread or doing our own thing?

I just saw that thread. :|

Pull them here. 8-)

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Pat_McRoch wrote: »
    How did you get the inventory to appear like that? Mine still looks like the text version.

Also I have two European Paintings, am i suppose to break them over zombie heads?

Anyone who is having this problem, hit F5 after you log in and see if that clears it.

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

• Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So where abouts are the PA survivors? My character, Jim O'Rourke is in Earletown at the NT building. At least one other PAer is there but he's out of AP.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Alright. I showed up from the G&T thread. My character is Kyle Adler (1486619), Fresh Scout, in Earletown. Inside of Etheldreda General Hospital for the night. I'm not that far away from Rolt Heights, so I can probably get to a meet-up spot tomorrow.

Edit: That would be me, Dom!

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Domhnall wrote: »
    So where abouts are the PA survivors? My character, Jim O'Rourke is in Earletown at the NT building. At least one other PAer is there but he's out of AP.

I think the current location is Herman's Hospital in Rolt Heights, Coordinates 89-14.

JamesDM on

• Options
    edited March 2009
    You know, after I get Body Building (which could be tomorrow), I may move somewhere else just to be a little adventurous. Maybe I could find a good building to start a personal HQ in. :P

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Remember, other humans can break equipment just like zombies can. One jerk can absolutely ruin a good base by breaking radios, barriers, etc. Humans can kill other humans too.

There are several active player-killer groups that do this kind of shit regularly. So, you know, just a warning.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I remember this game. Hell, I was playing when Caiger Mall was annihilated! My account is even still active.

Ian Jekyll.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I guess I won't be able to get on until like 10 tonight, when I used the last of my 160 visits.

That's what I get for trying to play too many characters at once, I guess.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    chasehatesbearschasehatesbears Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    MegaMek wrote: »
    Remember, other humans can break equipment just like zombies can. One jerk can absolutely ruin a good base by breaking radios, barriers, etc. Humans can kill other humans too.

There are several active player-killer groups that do this kind of shit regularly. So, you know, just a warning.

I'm a little confused on the PK rules. It seems like PKing is allowed, but there is a bounty system in place?

I downloaded that sexy add-on, but when faced with mutliple zombies, can I target a specific one?

chasehatesbears on
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Just finished most of my moves and ended up in Ranson Boulevard Police Dept. There was a lone zombie outside that I managed to hit like twice. /sigh

Bigity on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Did you start out as a firefighter, Big?

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Woohoo, dead for a year, and I get revived nearly instantly after logging in! I'm at Nichol's Mall; if we can decide on a meeting place I'll head there ASAP.

Paintninja, level 19 military.
    MegaMek wrote: »

I'm a little confused on the PK rules. It seems like PKing is allowed, but there is a bounty system in place?

As far as I know, no. Tho' the larger player communities keep tabs on notorious PKers.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Did you start out as a firefighter, Big?

Yea, seemed like it was the easy choice to start with.

Bigity on
  • Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So Jifar is in Earletown, new player, I'm pretty sure he's a fire man (fa fa fireman)

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Man, I wish there was a way to make this game work without the AP system. I want to play and explore :/

chasehatesbears on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yea kinda frustrating sometimes :)

Too much MUDing back in the day I guess :)

Bigity on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Arkan wrote: »
    Just a word of warning, while this game is pretty fun it is not for the impatient.

Yes I have just realized this. I really like the idea of the text-based thing but I just spent ten minutes clicking on buildings, searching to find nothing, and finally seeing a zombie, which I shot at, the effort of which was too much and made my apparently narcoleptic character pass out, surely to become zombie food. :|

riz on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    It's a total pain in the ass to do anything, because I have to waste so much AP just to find stuff.

Seriously, I have never wanted to play a game based around text so badly.

chasehatesbears on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I've been running along the line of VSB buildings around St. Hermans in Rolt Heights keeping the barricades up and generators fueled for now. Once I can get my hands on some spraypaint I am gonna set up a revive point nearby if there isn't one already and try to find an NT building for supplies.

JamesDM on

• Options
    edited March 2009
    Do we all want to gather in the same neighborhood? I'm scared to think of the trek to do that, unless you can change neighbor hoods faster than locations somehow.

Bigity on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Bigity wrote: »
    Do we all want to gather in the same neighborhood? I'm scared to think of the trek to do that, unless you can change neighbor hoods faster than locations somehow.

Nope. You just gotta walk it. Use the Wiki tho. It makes finding suburbs a hell of a lot easier.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yea I found the map of all the neighborhoods.

Bigity on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Hah, used a proxy to get past the 160 visit limit.

Is getting exp supposed to be this hard? I feel like a snail over here.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So wait, where are we meeting up? And is there any way to get into the places that say "no entrance visible?" I'm guessing I need to be a higher level or something?

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    DeForest McCoy, Firefighter, is ready to chop some zombies.

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Hah, used a proxy to get past the 160 visit limit.

Is getting exp supposed to be this hard? I feel like a snail over here.

Early on, yes. Combat sucks ass early on. If your a Firefighter, once you get Hand to Hand Combat you are set for a long time. I started as a Medic and needed to build my combat skills from jack all and I sucked.
    fmz65 wrote: »
    So wait, where are we meeting up? And is there any way to get into the places that say "no entrance visible?" I'm guessing I need to be a higher level or something?

You need a building you CAN get into, and then Free Running to jump into buildings without going out into the street.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    fmz65 wrote: »

They might be too heavily barricaded. If you can, try and find a building nearby that is barricaded, but not so much as you can't get in. Picking up free running will make survival alot easier if you plan on sticking around survivor heavy areas.

Also, for those wondering about experience, if you are Medical head to a hospital, heal people and search for first aid, NecroTech employed, scan every zombie you come by and head to your nearest NT building to search for supplies, eventually you will start building xp. Civilians, kill zombies, Firefighters start with what they need to survive for now, I suggest find zombies, attack then flee to a safe building when you run low on AP. Military and Police should find a police station asap and stock up on ammo.

JamesDM on

• Options
    edited March 2009
    JamesDM wrote: »
    Also, for those wondering about experience, if you are Medical head to a hospital, heal people and search for first aid, NecroTech employed, scan every zombie you come by and head to your nearest NT building to search for supplies, eventually you will start building xp. Civilians, kill zombies, Firefighters start with what they need to survive for now, I suggest find zombies, attack then flee to a safe building when you run low on AP. Military and Police should find a police station asap and stock up on ammo.

Oh hell yes. If you want to speed up this process, try getting the Shopping skill and find a mall. Don't hang out in malls too long tho. All kinds of questionable people hang out there. :|

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I screwed up my first firefighter and ran out of AP one step short of getting into my safehouse on day 1. While I could technically continue playing, I decided to go ahead and make another firefighter and not screw up this time.

I can't ever kill zombies, I get them down to like 23 hit points before I need to head back to the safehouse. I guess eventually I'll get hand to hand combat, which will help.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
This discussion has been closed.