As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E] King of the Trollhaunt Warrens - Table Talk Thread

DVGDVG No. 1 Honor StudentNether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
edited June 2009 in Critical Failures
King of the Trollhaunt Warrens
A Paragon Tier Adventure

Armed with ancient fomorian magic, the troll-chief Skalmad has sworn to destroy the small border-town of Moonstair. Somewhere in the depths of the Trollhaunt—a vast wilderness of marsh, moor, thicket, and hill—Skalmad plots his next attack. For the first time in centuries, the monsters of the Trollhaunt have a leader with the wits and the willpower to reforge the old realm of the trolls. But who dares to stand against Skalmad, King of the Trollhaunt Warrens?

I want to run a play by post game, but decided it'd be cool just to do a runthrough of one of the published adventures, rather than trying to make a standing long-term campaign. If, at the end of this adventure we want to keep going, maybe we will with the next module.

Character Creation Guidelines
I'll be taking 5 Player Characters in the standard configuration (1 of each Leader, Controller, Defender and 2 Strikers).
  • Starting level is 11.
  • You get three magic items of your choice, on each of level 10, 11 and 12. You may select lower level items if you wish.
  • You may select any amount of mundane equipment that you wish at no cost
  • You also get 5,000 GP with which to purchase miscellaneous extra magic items, rituals, components, consumables, etc.

Your party is an established group of professional adventures (and, thus, will need an adventuring company name) who are heading to the town of Moonstair to deliver a package to the mayor, Kelana Dhoram. It's a lot simplier than your usual jobs, but you were "going that way anyhow".

Character submissions should include a link to a Myth-Weavers character sheet and a synopsis of your background and character traits. Bonus points for a Character Builder generated PDF of your character for my records. Any published class or race is fine.

We'll go with the standard "One post a day during the week" pacing rules, and the best five characters will get selected, not necessarily the first five characters.

Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
DVG on

• Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Neat. I was going to post my barbarian in Themindtaker's thread, but I think I will leave it alone now. After all theres already like 17+ people there with sheets (not characters, people O.o).

I'll up him to 11 and post him shortly.

Edit: Oh, and I assume by any published class or race you will allow the playtest build for Barbarian?

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Neat. I was going to post my barbarian in Themindtaker's thread, but I think I will leave it alone now. After all theres already like 17+ people there with sheets (not characters, people O.o).

I'll up him to 11 and post him shortly.

Edit: Oh, and I assume by any published class or race you will allow the playtest build for Barbarian?

Yeah, that's cool. We'll go over it again once the PHB2 drops to see if anything's changed

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh, one addendum:
    The party already has one Bag of Holding and a set of Everlasting Provisions (becasue micro-management is not my idea of fun :D )

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This interests me greatly. I'll start on a sheet tonight. Striker perhaps? Or maybe a wizard?

Denada on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oooh, all up ins. I'll take a Striker. Rogue, prob'ly. Shuriken it up.

I'll post a sheet later tonight.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    If you don't mind someone asking a bunch of questions every now and then (as I haven't actually played in a 4e game yet), I'd be interested in putting together a Wizard.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    DajianDajian Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Application withdrawn.

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    If you don't mind someone asking a bunch of questions every now and then (as I haven't actually played in a 4e game yet), I'd be interested in putting together a Wizard.

You are absolutely welcome. This will be my first time trying to DM something in Paragon tier and only my second attempt at PbP, so we'll be learning together :D

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Jack - Warforged Barbarian

A picture
    eb_wvb_12.jpg

Background
    Many years ago Jack was involved a battle between his kind and some other force. He cannot remember who or why, back then he was hardly aware of his actions, a near mindless husk, but he does remember that he fell in battle.

Years upon years passed and Jack remained untouched by raiders and scavengers, buried under mounds of dirt caused by the battle. Though something did stir above him. As time passed a large tribe of spiritual men and women lived unpon his resting ground, living off the land and praying to the spirits of the wild. These people chanted and battled for the spirits for which they were granted powers of healing and survival. Eventually these people moved on, but the spirits remained.

Without men, women, and children to support them, the uplifted spirits sank slowly back into the earth, where they found Jack and gave him the strength and ability to break free from his dirt casket. Or so that is what Jack believes happened. One way or another the spirits of the earth embodied and still embody his metal form, giving him the life and mental/physical ability he doesn't believe he had before his death.

Free from his tomb Jack searched the land for adventure, and still does.

Appearance
    Jacks 'skin', or connected metal plates and wood fibers are showing their age. The fibers show deep cracks here and there, and look weathered in general. The metal bits show heavy signs of rust. Aside from that Jack is wearing pristinely crafted scale mail, it covering most of his chest and arms, though leaving most of the legs free. He wears a small bear pelt as a half-cloak, an arm on either of his shoulders and drooping about 3/4 of the way down his back. Various other tuffs of fur and tribal-esque trinkets hang from every corner of his body.

Jacks head is probably the biggest visual difference when comparing him to modern warforged. It is large and bulky unlike most warforged, with a long horn protruding itself from the top of his forehead. On his brow is inscribed J.A.C.K, and above that the numbers 2 - 4 are inscribed. His eyes glow but flicker constantly, as if about to go out any second, unless at an emotional high, in which case it glows bright red.

Personality
    Jack is very loyal to his adventuring friends, whom he considers to all be his life partners in a way. He is also oddly horrible at multitasking, and will pursue one goal or task fiercely before he lets any form of another occupy his time. Jack does not tolerate insults towards him or his friends, and is very quick to anger if someone stands between himself and his quest.

Edit: Just made him again with character builder now that I have it. Here is a stat block, though for some reason my Paragon Path power isn't showing up..
    Jack, level 11
    Warforged, Barbarian, Frenzied Berserker
    Feral Might: Rageblood Vigor

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 22, Con 18, Dex 14, Int 11, Wis 9, Cha 12.

Starting Ability Scores
    Str 18, Con 13, Dex 13, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 10.

AC: 25 Fort: 25 Reflex: 19 Will: 19
    HP: 93 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 23

TRAINED SKILLS
    Perception, Endurance, Athletics.

FEATS
    1: Weapon Proficiency (Fullblade)
    2: Armor Proficiency (Chainmail)
    4: Armor Proficiency (Scale)
    6: Warforged Tactics
    8: Power Attack
    10: Weapon Focus (Heavy Blade)
    11: Blood Thirst

POWERS
    1, At-Will: Howling Strike
    1, At-Will: Recuperating Strike
    1, Encounter: Avalanche Strike
    1, Daily: Bloodhunt Rage
    2, Utility: Barbarian Great Leap
    3, Encounter: Blade Sweep
    5, Daily: Thunder Hawk Rage
    6, Utility: Instinctive Charge
    7, Encounter: Great Shout
    9, Daily: Stone Bear Rage
    10, Utility: Wellspring of Renewal

ITEMS
    Adventurer's Kit, Javelin (5), Magic Scale Armor +3, Bloodsoaked Bracers (heroic tier), Horned Helm (heroic tier), Potion of Vitality (paragon tier), Amulet of Protection +2 (2), Bloodthirsty Fullblade +3

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Got picked in the other game, so takin' this out of here.

I'll come up with another concept maybe shortly. We'll see.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'd like to get in on this too. Can't post my background tonight. I'll do that tomorrow. For now, I'll post my character sheet.

Arcanto the Tiefling Warlock

tieflingwar-small.jpg

A sample post:
    Arcanto sat in his chair staring at the table. Another night of fun was just coming to a close. He had always been the life of the party even with his demonic looks. Few knew of his true powers, though, and that was probably why he was so accepted. He smiled broadly as he thought back on the night, his pointed teeth laid bare for all who looked to see. Women, booze, dancing and singning. How could life get any better? he though to himself. He set his mug of ale back down on the table, the last bit of it sloshing around at the bottom. He couldn't remember how much alcohol he had but considering how much he drank on any given night, it didn't seem to affect him much anymore. Spinning around, he looked to the bartender who moved about cleaning up the establishment before it would close down for the morning. Only him and the barkeeper were left.

You've got a great place here. Great people and great beer. Can't get much better than that.

Arcanto had always had a way of talking to people and making them feel relaxed. Most of the time, by the end of the night people would believe anything he said as if it had come straight from one of their holy books. The barkeep smiled at him and nodded.

Haven't had a party like that in years, though. You just showed up and suddenly everyone was having a great time. I made enough gold tonight to hold me over for another month or two.

Arcanto smiled in response. It was a good night. Nothing would be able to spoil it.

As he stood to leave, he felt a familiar presence begin to tug at his mind. NO! Not now! he thought to himself. He had felt this presence before many times. He knew what it was and what it could do. Get out of my head, Arcanto demanded. The presence began to draw closer. He could begin to hear the the presence's voice telling him to destroy this place. Arcanto would not do something like that at least while he was in control. He quickly stood up and slammed his palms down on the table. His internal struggle was now apparent to the barkeeper who looked quite surprised. He had seen nothing yet, though.

Arcanto's eyes faded to black and fire began to lick around his hands pressing against the table. Arcanto had to get out of there and fast. The table caught fire. The tiefling did not move, though. As the fire grew, so did the look of horror on the face of the owner. He quickly ran behind the counter and grabbed the bucket of water he had used to wipe his table down with. With a splash the water hit the table and the tiefling. Arcanto looked up apologetically for a moment before the voice took over. With a look of fear stuck on his face, the owner's life was snatched from him.

Eyebite was normally not a move that Arcanto used to kill enemies with but was highly effective against the weak bartender. The bartender's body fell to the ground lifeless. Arcanto looked around, his black eyes looking for anyone present to kill. With a small flourish, Arcanto appeared near the door. He held his hand out, palm facing towards the bar full of alcohol and he chanted a couple of words. Fire erupted from the ground and quickly caught everything near there on fire. The heat of the flames quickly filled the room and smoke began to pour from the cracks in the building alerting those outside to the danger on the inside.

Arcanto had to get control of himself otherwise he would cause more pain to the innocents outside. He struggled against his demonic nature attempting to pry control of his body back from the presence. However, it was not yet finished. With a small flourish, the tiefling tossed his cape around and spun towards the door. He then opened it and stepped outside. People were just starting to gather around and stare at the burning building when he exited. A guard off in the distance yelled to Arcanto to hold where he was. Arcanto's hand came up again but this time with the rod being held. Try as he might to stop himself, he could not do anything. After another muttered word, what looked like black lightning forked from the end of his rod and struck the guard in the chest. Arcanto began moving through the crowd. They parted as if he had a plague they would catch if they got too close. Arcanto laughed. Another guard, hidden in the crowd, swung his sword from behind Arcanto. It was a perfect swing and would've sliced any normal man in two. A dark shield seemed to be covering him for the split second before the sword would've connected with his body preventing the blade from coming in contact with the tiefling. He suddenly vanished and all that was left there was a small black puff of smoke. He had gotten away.

Arcanto continued to struggle for control of his body but there was nothing he could seemingly do. Eventually, his consciousness passed to unconsciousness.

He awoke late into the next day. He was in the middle of the forest sleeping on a tree. The town was south of him, he knew that for sure as he recognized the road off in the distance.

Well, there's another place I can't return to... He thought to himself. Quietly cursing his week will, Arcanto stood up to leave. He needed to figure out how to control his "dark side" and he needed to figure it out fast.
    Appearance:
    For a tiefling, Arcanto is unusually pale. His skin is a light gray color which is odd even for his race. His eyes, though, were quite normal being a bright red color. However, when he casts his spells, his eyes turn to a solid black color indicative of the demonic energies used to provide his powers. He wears leather armor that's hiding under a jet black cloak. On the inside, runes seem to be scralled across his cape in a dark red color. He does carry an old beaten looking club that hangs from his belt but prefers to not even pull it out during battle. He also carries a black rod that seems to faintly glow yellow on the end. The rod looks looks uninteresting other than the glow. His tail stretches about four feet out but is normally hidden under his cloak when he walks around. His dark blue hair falls to just below his shoulders and hangs straight down when undisturbed. His horns seem to extend from his eyes straight up and because of these, he normally keeps his hood pulled back.
    Personality:
    Normally, Arcanto is very friendly and outgoing. He seems to make friends wherever he goes. However, he can be very intimidating (not only with his looks but his ability to summon demonic fires helps quite a bit). He also understands how to get around a city and loves to spend time in the local pubs partying with the rest of the town. He's loyal and trustworthy but finds it hard to find people he can really trust. That does not show, though, as he is great at hiding his true emotion from people. In battle, he is ruthless. He loves the chance to show his power off and loves being center of attention.
    Extra:
    Not sure if you're alright with this, DVG, but I would like to add a little something extra to this character. I saw someone else use this idea and liked it quite a bit. I was hoping to have a special effect at the beginning of battle where I'd roll a d20. If it rolls a 1, then Arcanto would be "crazy" and would attack the nearest target. Saving throws would be used to break it at the end of the turn. 10 or higher to break it. If you're alright with that, I would like to use it if you choose me. If you don't want me to use this and still choose me, that's fine too. It's just something I wanted to play around with. Thanks.

robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    How long will you be doing sign ups?

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Rainfall wrote: »
    One may notice that this is the same basic character that I put up in the other PbP thread. I figure my chances for getting in on that one are incredibly slim, but I spent hours working on the original sheet and finding that damn picture, so I'm putting it out here.

Oh, hush, you have as much chance as the rest of us. Besides, a rogue is always needed!

I'd be interested in rolling up a character for this thread if I don't make it into the other one - how long are you going to be accepting applications?

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Oh, through the end of the week sounds fine.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ah, okay then - I won't make any character for the moment, but I might roll up a Paladin if the other thread doesn't work out. I'm not experienced with 4e, though (and have no idea about the Paragon tier), so expect about twelve thousand questions per round from me.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    InkoateInkoate Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Is there opposition to a complete newbie (ie - haven't played DnD since middle school/AD&D, and don't even have the 4th Ed PHB yet) joining in on this? I've really been hankering to pick up DnD again since 4th Ed came out, but the level 1 recruiting thread is just jam packed. If I'd be holding back the group, though, literally just say so, and I'll give this one a pass, no hard feelings. I can pick up the PHB on my way home today and have a character put together soon.

Inkoate on
    The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Inkoate wrote: »
    Is there opposition to a complete newbie (ie - haven't played DnD since middle school/AD&D, and don't even have the 4th Ed PHB yet) joining in on this? I've really been hankering to pick up DnD again since 4th Ed came out, but the level 1 recruiting thread is just jam packed. If I'd be holding back the group, though, literally just say so, and I'll give this one a pass, no hard feelings. I can pick up the PHB on my way home today and have a character put together soon.

Newbies are, of course, welcome :)

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    nefffffffffffnefffffffffff Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    One may notice that this is the same basic character that I put up in the other PbP thread. I figure my chances for getting in on that one are incredibly slim, but I spent hours working on the original sheet and finding that damn picture, so I'm putting it out here.

ditto.

Tariq Wahdi, Human Ranger

A_Bedouin_Arab_137.jpg

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Interested... not sure what I want to play yet, though. Will think harder tonight when I am not at work. And have the character builder to play around with :).

Tomanta on
  • Options
    VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I would love to try something like this, as I have plenty of time right now, but I've never played D&D before and I'm worried I might slow you people down.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    If your interested, just make a character. D&D 4E is fairly straightforward. Download and listen to the episodes of the official Dungeons and Dragons podcast that make up the Penny Arcade/PVP live game and you'll get a good grounding on how things work, then you can ask questions as we go along.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    How soon will the game start after you select the party? I have a Sorceror in mind, but obviously, I can't take it to 11 until after PHBII drops.

cytorak on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Well I was going to say next week. It comes our midway through next week, yes?

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    According to Amazon it comes out on Tuesday.

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

No big deal then. We'll plan on starting midway through next week.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    InkoateInkoate Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Taelen Kairon - Teifling Warlord

Inkoate on
    The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    DVG wrote: »

No big deal then. We'll plan on starting midway through next week.

In that case I think I will be changing up my Barbarian a tad after it releases. I want to see if they have a paragon path which will focus more on the spiritual aspect of things.

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Edgil Adant, Human Wizard

A semi-crazy wizard with a hunger for knowledge and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get it.

Personality:
    Edgil is a quirky person, filled with too much knowledge and not enough life experience to sort it all out. He has a tendency to forget mundane things, like where he parked his horse or whether he paid his bill. But when it comes to pure, unadulterated knowledge, he is an endless font. He can spout off a series of facts or formulas without blinking an eye, as long as you don't ask him what he ate for breakfast that morning.

Background:
    Edgil was a scrawny youth, more suited for a life in academics than anything else. This wasn't a problem for him though, since he loved knowledge and the quest to obtain it. His thirst for education quickly led him out of his home town and into a life of adventure.

His first trip led him to an old ruin in the snowy mountains where he found a vast library of arcane texts. There he learned the language of the library's builders, a language he eventually came to know as Deep Speech. He also learned the secrets of alchemy, and the power of the arcane arts.

This experience left him with a wealth of information and power stored in his mind, more than he can seem to recall at any given time. It also left him with an insatiable hunger for more. He has been adventuring ever since, braving impossible odds and cheating death in the never ending search for knowledge.

Joining up with an adventuring company afforded him the opportunity to take on more dangerous adventures than he could on his own. He jumped at this chance, since the most interesting finds always came with the most danger. It was through these life-threatening encounters that he found his gift for psychic magic, using his power over the mind to influence his enemies and destroy them from the inside out.

PDF Character Builder sheet

Denada on
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dwarven Wizard incoming as soon as I figure out all this stuff.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Erdran, Elven Ranger (two-weapon).

Background:
    Erdan hails from the forest of Irshwood, where he held the position of Chief Protector for the woods and the small elf population there. He gained this position during a large Orc attack on the woods. The previous Chief Protector was killed and, though injured, Erdan took an axe from the body of a dead orc and used it to slay the leader of the enemy forces. Erdan began using axes as weapons rather than the swords of his brethren as a reminder of his duty to protect the forest from those that would see it burn.

But, many years later, the forest did burn. Despite Erdan's best efforts - and he was gravely injured during the battle - Erdan and his soldiers were unable to stop the seemingly endless tide of Orcs. The forest was burned and its inhabitants slain. Erdan awoke a day later, lying in the corpses and ashes of the battlefield.

Erdan made his way to civilization, where he was overcome with guilt for failing to protect his people. He took the occasional small job to survive but mostly lived in squalor and his own self-pity. It was a full two years later when the Orc armies began to make their way south to the village where he lived. The village hired a group of adventurers to scout the situation and, if possible, turn away the Orc's advance. Erdan joined the group, volunteering as guide and scout as he saw this as a chance at a little redemption. The group was successful at turning away the Orcs. Erdan decided to move on with his life and decided to accompany the adventurers for a while on his quest for redemption.
    Appearance:
    Erdan has clearly seen battle. The tip of his left ear is missing, he has a scar across one eye and another along his neck and many on his body, hidden beneath his finely crafted hide armor. Unlike many elves, Erdan keeps his green hair cut short and often hides his violet eyes in the shadows of a cloak.
    Personality:
    Erdan is very dour for an elf. He still suffers from the guilt of failing to protect his friends and family as he was charged, although has moved on to protecting others as he finds them. He is fiercely protective of other Elves, although they do not like to associate themselves with Erdan. Erdan is also protective of nature and his allies. He is often the first to launch into battle, once fighting is a foregone conclusion, and is always the last to retreat should it be necessary. Erdan harbors a deep hatred of Orcs.

PDF from character builder is available here.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Bruno Bearpuncher, Dwarven Fighter

Stats from Character Builder:
    ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======
    Bruno Bearpuncher, level 11
    Dwarf, Fighter, Dwarven Defender
    Build: Guardian Fighter
    Fighter Talents: One-handed Weapon Talent

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 21, Con 18, Dex 11, Int 9, Wis 15, Cha 11.

Starting Ability Scores
    Str 18, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 8, Wis 11, Cha 10.

AC: 27 Fort: 24 Reflex: 19 Will: 19
    HP: 103 Surges: 13 Surge Value: 25

TRAINED SKILLS
    Streetwise, Endurance, Athletics.

FEATS
    1: Armor Proficiency (Plate)
    2: Dwarven Weapon Training
    4: Toughness
    6: Weapon Focus (Hammer)
    8: Dodge Giants
    10: Improved Initiative
    11: Hammer Rhythm

POWERS
    1, At-Will: Tide of Iron
    1, At-Will: Cleave
    1, Encounter: Shield Bash
    1, Daily: Villain's Menace
    2, Utility: Boundless Endurance
    3, Encounter: Rhino Strike
    5, Daily: Crack the Shell
    6, Utility: Settling the Score
    7, Encounter: Come and Get It
    9, Daily: Jackal Strike
    10, Utility: Last Ditch Evasion

ITEMS
    Adventurer's Kit, Cloak of the Walking Wounded +2, Guardian Shield Heavy Shield (heroic tier), Plate Armor of Sacrifice +2, Staggering Craghammer +3, Belt of the Brawler (heroic tier)
    ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======

Appearance:
    dragon360_03.jpg
    Bruno is relatively young for a dwarf and keeps his beard in ornately decorated dreadlocks. His plate armor is dinged and dented from countless strikes, which he takes great pride in. On his shield is an image of a heavily muscled dwarf punching a bear in the face.

Personality:
    Bruno is a boisterous and boastful dwarf. He tends to yell a lot without really meaning to, but typically does so in a cheerful manner. He is fiercely protective of his fellows, especially non-dwarves, who, let's face it, just aren't as strong and hardy. There are four things in life that Bruno loves more than anything else.

1. His mother.
    2. Ale.
    3. Adventure, especially fighting or contests of strength.
    4. Gold, and the spending thereof.

Bruno may not necessarily be the smartest, but he's loyal and stubborn and damn near impossible to kill.

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    On his shield is an image of a heavily muscled dwarf punching a bear in the face.

I feel like dwarf fortress has done wonders for the popularity of dwarves as a species.

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    On his shield is an image of a heavily muscled dwarf punching a bear in the face.

I feel like dwarf fortress has done wonders for the popularity of dwarves as a species.

It's quite possible, but I've never played it. Can you actually punch a bear in the face in-game?

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

It's quite possible, but I've never played it. Can you actually punch a bear in the face in-game?

You can punch a bear's face clean off in-game.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

yes. or gouge its eyes out. or strangle it.

EDIT: I tried coming up with a tabletop version of DF with some friends once, but it quickly became a logistical nightmare for the GM. It is a cool idea though.

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Holy crap, that's amazing.

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    InxInx Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm gonna try to submit a character, if I can sit down and hammer one out.

Should we roll for stats or pick an array or what?

God, I wanna play a dwarf...its been so long.

Inx on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    We're doing 22-point buy, as outlined in the PHB, if I'm not mistaken.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Bah, I was so up for this, but then the Myth-weavers thing crashed after I enter all my crap. I do have a PDF, though. I'll look at it again tomorrow, I already spent too much time on this..

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    We're doing 22-point buy, as outlined in the PHB, if I'm not mistaken.

Correct.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857