As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pub Crawl '09 (not official thread)

1234568»

• redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    MaoChan wrote: »
    All I know was that somewhere along the route to the 2nd to last bar, me and friends got lost, bumped into PAXers and next thing I knew I was getting flashed by 2 girls in trade for a button.

I think I have a new requirement for bonus buttons.

redhalo on
  • EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    All I know was that somewhere along the route to the 2nd to last bar, me and friends got lost, bumped into PAXers and next thing I knew I was getting flashed by 2 girls in trade for a button.

You know, I hadn't intended to do the button thing, but after this I might have to reconsider. :winky:

Ebfan on
  • MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ebfan wrote: »

You know, I hadn't intended to do the button thing, but after this I might have to reconsider. :winky:

Keep in mind this was not official, not at PAX and will prob get you kicked out of PAX if you ask some girl to do it. But on the Crawl at 1am and on the street, the world is your boob oyster.

MaoChan on
  • MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ebfan wrote: »

Keep in mind this was not official, not at PAX and will prob get you kicked out of PAX if you ask some girl to do it. But on the Crawl at 1am and on the street, the world is your boob oyster.

Ya know, I'd try this on the pub crawl, but I think I might get weird looks. :P

.. And I mean asking people to flash bewbs (not mewbs) for buttons. :winky:

MeeOk on
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You guys should probably stop the "boobs for buttons" conversation. Long story short: it can create an atmosphere of pressure and really long, annoying threads about the subject. Sorry to be the buzz-kill. :p

PeasantDave on
  • AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yes. We already got the phrase "Boob Oyster", and I can't see any further info that could top that.

AltDelete on
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yes, sexual harassment is for IRC. XD

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You guys should probably stop the "boobs for buttons" conversation. Long story short: it can create an atmosphere of pressure and really long, annoying threads about the subject. Sorry to be the buzz-kill. :p

Pack up your He-Mans, kids. Dad's home.

Atlus Parker on
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So, on a completely non-breasts note(unfortunately), how is the list of bars determined? Or is it more of an on the fly, "We shall stumble here next" sort of arrangement?

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Cronus wrote: »
    So, on a completely non-breasts note(unfortunately), how is the list of bars determined? Or is it more of an on the fly, "We shall stumble here next" sort of arrangement?

The details of the crawl are up to Atlus. Last year several people contributed to the list of bars, and when Atlus took over planning, the itinerary was ultimately up to him.

This year the route will be divided into four legs (to make for less crowding) and the groups will (hopefully) follow their appointed head-of-house from bar to bar. That said, there were people last year who jumped ahead or lagged behind or set up shop at a table in a particular bar (barca).

faits on
    faits.png
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2009
    I vote more wooden bars because wooden bars are superior.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited March 2009
    Atlus, are we still planning on the legs meeting up at Dick's in the middle again? That was cool, but damn we caused some traffic issues.

redhalo on
    edited March 2009
    Dicks needs to happen late in the crawl cuz really who doesn't like to doublefist dicks when drunk.

Also The Crescent was I think the most happening bar on the whole crawl. At first the atmosphere there wasn't receptive of us invading their bar but once the karaoke kicked in and everyone was singing, that shit was great.

MaoChan on
  • d20dicerollerd20diceroller Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Just when I think my early enthusiasm for PAX 09 might start to ebb to a level more appropriate or at least more in line with the *it is still months away* time frame I head over to the forums and *bam* there it is again. :)

d20diceroller on
  • That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I assume the bars and Dick's are contacted in advance before the pub crawl comes and they get swarmed with Pax goers?

That_Spoony_Bard on
    edited March 2009
    I don't think there's a Dick's stop this year

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited March 2009
    There is no Dick's stop this year as the mess we made last year resulted in very few people actually eating there. Dick's has been replaced by a 7th bar stop to better accomodate my reindeer games.

All bars were contacted last year prior to the crawl. They simply chose to ignore my warning.

Atlus Parker on
    edited March 2009
    There is no Dick's stop this year as the mess we made last year resulted in very few people actually eating there. Dick's has been replaced by a 7th bar stop to better accomodate my reindeer games.

All bars were contacted last year prior to the crawl. They simply chose to ignore my warning.

Sadness :cry: I guess Dicks will just have to be a trek after bar 7 late at night.

MaoChan on
  • AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    At the chance of sounding like a homophobe I approve of no dicks. I had a chance to grab some before the crawl and the burgers are... subpar. It was burnt most way around and no special orders.

You Seattle folk should really get on building an In and Out up there.

AltDelete on
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, I don't really understand the obsession that surrounds those burgers. They're not very good, they're not very big. The only thing that they are is cheap, and you can tell why when you bite into them.

Also they don't take cards, wtf get with the century.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    They're delicious and they're open late. If they took credit cards the lines would take twice as long to get through.

Dick's is a Seattle tradition that not everyone understands.

eye-shuh on
    edited March 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't really understand the obsession that surrounds those burgers. They're not very good, they're not very big. The only thing that they are is cheap, and you can tell why when you bite into them.

Also they don't take cards, wtf get with the century.

I agree in terms of not being big, they are cheap, although pretty tasty especially compared to say White Castle for the price. I think it is just one of those drunk things that when you go drinking, get a few brews in you and then you taste that burger, it seems magical despite its flaws.

Also ^5 for agreeing that they need to take plastic. I go into places and ask "card cool?" If they answer "No Senor" then I walk out.

MaoChan on
  • AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I prefer other burgers to dicks, but i don't mind heading to a dicks joint to hang out with people, and it is fairly cheap.

Azazel on
    edited March 2009
    Azazel wrote: »
    I prefer other burgers to dicks, but i don't mind heading to a dicks joint to hang out with people, and it is fairly cheap.

This.

The open late and being cheap are important reasons. I do prefer other burgers to dicks as well. In and Out though are another matter. I almost ended up driving to In and Out with some friends for burgers, from Seattle.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
    edited March 2009

In their defense, Chapel did sort of heed your warning. I don't know if they were still around when your group got there, but at the beginning of the night someone there had printed up these little cards that said 'welcome harry potter drinking club' or something, and had some wizardry-themed drinks on there.

Also sad about no dicks (since late at night drunk on capital hill is the only time I ever put any dicks in my mouth and I am never drunk on capital hill any more, late at night or otherwise)

faits on
    faits.png
    edited March 2009
    faits wrote: »
    In their defense, Chapel did sort of heed your warning. I don't know if they were still around when your group got there, but at the beginning of the night someone there had printed up these little cards that said 'welcome harry potter drinking club' or something, and had some wizardry-themed drinks on there.

Oh poo, I saw no such cards by the time I got there. Of course, that was my last stop and I was pretty gone by that point. I did see that they were hosting a party for White Wolf and CCP, so I guess they are already accustomed to our kind of crowd.

edit: warning, if the Chapel is your last stop, mind the steps.

redhalo on
    edited March 2009
    Yeah Chapel was the last stop for us. I doubt they had any left and if they did we were all far too gone to take any. Chapel's A-OK in my book.

Atlus Parker on
    edited March 2009
    redhalo wrote: »

Oh poo, I saw no such cards by the time I got there. Of course, that was my last stop and I was pretty gone by that point. I did see that they were hosting a party for White Wolf and CCP, so I guess they are already accustomed to our kind of crowd.

also if the chapel is your first stop (I am pretty sure I have fallen down those steps even when not drinking)

faits on
    faits.png
    edited March 2009
    redhalo wrote: »

I didn't know CCP threw a party last year. If they throw one at PAX this year I need to go. I went to one of their GDC parties and it was awesome. The best company held party I've ever been to without a doubt. Also the only one with strippers dancing in cages suspended above the dance floor. Those two facts may be related.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Cronus wrote: »
    I didn't know CCP threw a party last year. If they throw one at PAX this year I need to go. I went to one of their GDC parties and it was awesome. The best company held party I've ever been to without a doubt. Also the only one with strippers dancing in cages suspended above the dance floor. Those two facts may be related.

Yep, CCP threw one in some bar whose name I can't remember in Pioneer Square (as I said to the group driver, just head down 1st St. When you start to feel scared, you're in Pioneer Square). Besides the open bar (wooo!), there were also strippers, aerial acrobatics, and something involving a metal corset and a grinder that I still can't wrap my head around.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That CCP party had some very scary people. I was almost more scared IN the bar than outside it.... and thats saying something.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So I dunno how well this would fit into the crawl, but has anybody thought about including the new Hard Rock Cafe in some form at all? It's opening in July on Pike st, right next to the market I think.

It should be cool to go to either way even if it's not in the pub crawl though. :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That might be a little bit out of the way.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    edited March 2009
    Yeah that's too far. As it stands the current bars are already a haul.

Atlus Parker on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ok well i wasn't sure what area this was all taking place, so... oh well

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited March 2009
    Is there going to be a stop somewhere along the pub crawl for food-en-ing? Or should I just try and snag some from a bar if they have some? Cause uh, my tolerance is uh.. :| Kinda bad.

MeeOk on
  • AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You should go to the dinner first and fill up!

Asiina on
  • That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Asiina wrote: »

That_Spoony_Bard on
    edited March 2009

Yeah or like last year come pre-game with some Arcana Hearts and booze, because booze before more booze is win/win!!

MaoChan on
    edited March 2009

Yeah or like last year come pre-game with some Arcana Hearts and booze, because booze before more booze is win/win!!

I am planning on going to the dinner, and.. Arcana Hearts? Rehhh?

MeeOk on
This discussion has been closed.