As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

a

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    one of the sites I linked might have questionable stuff on it? D: I never saw anything, but I only use the databases.

soooo I tried to quit thursday. my friend installed and made me play with him fri-sat-sun. uuugh.

then sunday night he paid $57 for 6 months and now wants me to pay up, too. old sakray turned into iris so now he has level 90 chars on iris P2P, which is why he paid for it. I got crap. and on chaos I'm sure i have like level 50-70 crap characters uuugh

uuuuuuuugh i wanna play SFIV.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Fuck your mate. Paying money for a 7 years old game is bullocks.

Aldo on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Aphostile wrote: »
    robothero wrote: »
    honestly I thought the gameplay and graphics entertained me enough to ignore the grind for the most part.

Except when my merchant was job 35 and I had 2 more job levels to get all the stuff I needed because OH GOD SO LONG.

Transporter do you think I should go actual blacksmith, like all of the smithing stuff, or battlesmith/merchbot

Leveling a pure blacksmith (then whitesmith) actually with the ability to craft (with appropriate stats) SUCKS.

Whitesmith? Is that actually a class? What the hell is a whitesmith, sounds very KKK, as if the game couldn't be more white supremacist, seeing as the Ragnarok world has no black people.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    after hitting level 99, some classes can "transcend" by going back to lvl 1 with higher XP requirements, but with the benefits of better stat gain, more skill points available and unlocking new skills/better versions replacing older skills.

Knight transcends to Lord Knight
    Wizard transcends to High Wizard
    Hunter transcends to Sniper
    Blacksmith transcends to Whitesmith

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    after hitting level 99, some classes can "transcend" by going back to lvl 1 with higher XP requirements, but with the benefits of better stat gain, more skill points available and unlocking new skills/better versions replacing older skills.

So the wizard doesn't trancend into "Grand Imperial Wizard" ?

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    i dunno

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2009

So the wizard doesn't trancend into "Grand Imperial Wizard" ?

No, nor is there a "Grand Dragon" class, and nobody has the "Lynch" power.

A duck! on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    is this some kind of "omg warhammer is totally copying warcraft" type of joke?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I'm not even sure what's going on any more, but a Grand Dragon who can send lynch mobs on porings sounds like an awesome idea.

Aldo on
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    If anyone's still playing, I'm still on Valkryie as a 60/45 Mage. Gonna try to hit sage by fri.

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    So Tae Kwon has a skill Kihop. Everyone in the party on the same map gives +10% damage to the Tae Kwon.

Tae Kwon also have skills that increase HP/SP regen when sitting next to another Tae Kwon. I wonder how a party of 7 Tae Kwons would do :p.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    is this some kind of "omg warhammer is totally copying warcraft" type of joke?

No it was from my comment about how Ragnarok Online has no black people in it, and there is a "whitesmith" class, the rest were jokes on KKK ranking being class names, and Ragnarok being racist. :|

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Very odd you guys know KKK ranks by heart. :P

And come on, it's a game from Korea, of course there's not going to be black people in it, go look around Korea and try to find black people.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Aldo wrote: »

And come on, it's a game from Korea, of course there's not going to be black people in it, go look around Korea and try to find black people.

Yet you can choose blue, green, bright red hair...cuz ya know, people are naturally born with those colours in Korea by that logic. Face it, Ragnarok is Ragnaracist.

Elimination on
  • Options
    chasehatesbearschasehatesbears Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Yet you can choose blue, green, bright red hair...cuz ya know, people are naturally born with those colours in Korea by that logic. Face it, Ragnarok is Ragnaracist.

There's a dungeon level shaped like a swastika!!!
    moc_pryd03.gif
    Nazis up in your Ragnarok, stealing your MVPs and keepin' the brown man down.

chasehatesbears on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

There's a dungeon level shaped like a swastika!!!

ANimeNazi.jpg

New cash shop uniforms for all classes coming soon!

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

/facepalm

Hey, does 2x exp end today? At what time? :(

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    It's over. Also, you foolios that wanted to transfer:
    In the interest of better serving our community on all servers we have reviewed our Server transfer settings and will be applying the following updates next Monday March 2nd, 2009.

* Cost reduced for subscribed accounts to $10 + $5 per character.
    * Unsubscribed accounts can transfer for $12 + $5 per character.
    As a bonus a month of subscription is added to that account.
    * Transfers From Valkyrie to the Premium servers will be accepted.

This change will not work retroactively, it will only occur for Transfers requested starting after our changeover on March 2nd, 2009.

Thank you,
    Gravity Interactive, Inc.

Also note you can level on valk then transfer to P2P. heh

Just paid for 6 months. x.x

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Wait Valkrie TO Premium?

Or does that work both ways because goddammit I WANT TO TRANSFER MY ROGUE TO VALKRIE FOR EASY MONEY.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yes. Both ways. If you're a subscriber, $15 1 character to/from valk (or from one P2P to another), $20 for 2, $25 3, etc

If you're not a subscriber, even if you haven't played P2P since it became P2P, $17 1 to/from valk (or between the P2P iris/loki/chaos) (with free 1 month sub)

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Just wanted to let you two know I stopped playing because it's just not fun to play alone and it's such a hassle if you walk the wrong way or die or whathaveyou. One toon is stuck on the map north-west of prontera and I didn't feel like going back to the culverts, the other died in the culverts, but I forgot to save in Prontera so he got warped back to his start town.

Not.fun.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Just wanted to let you two know I stopped playing because it's just not fun to play alone and it's such a hassle if you walk the wrong way or die or whathaveyou. One toon is stuck on the map north-west of prontera and I didn't feel like going back to the culverts, the other died in the culverts, but I forgot to save in Prontera so he got warped back to his start town.

Not.fun.

This game never was that fun, it was the community that made it fun. If you're by yourself yeah its gonna be dull as hell. That and this game was great like...what 7 years ago or so when it came out. It's simply just way out of date.

Elimination on
  • Options
    chasehatesbearschasehatesbears Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Not.fun.

This game never was that fun, it was the community that made it fun. If you're by yourself yeah its gonna be dull as hell. That and this game was great like...what 7 years ago or so when it came out. It's simply just way out of date.

It's one of those games that is awesome as your first or second MMO.

Especially if you're thirteen. Otherwise, you realize the genre has come a long ways.

chasehatesbears on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Not.fun.

It's one of those games that is awesome as your first or second MMO.

Especially if you're thirteen. Otherwise, you realize the genre has come a long ways.

Yeah back when i was about 13 i thought it was a great game, but i'd never played any other MMO's so i had nothing to compare it to.

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Genre's still the same to me. :p

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    LostLost Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So, are you all still playing this? I just downloaded and logged in and I still have a 54 battlesmith on valk, but I don't really feel like playing alone.

Lost on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'm playing on P2P on Iris. Spent $90 so far ($60 6 month sub and bought a $30 card at Target for the hell of it). So I don't play on Valk anymore.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Aww, I was thinking about throwing a month on my P2P but only if people were on Loki (where my characters P2P chars are.)

Lost on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    So are mine. My friend made me play Iris. And he wins since he has a level 95 Iris (old sakray) character while my Chaos/Loki are all in the 60's. 60 can be made in two days. 95? Not so much.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, mine are around 83 or so with some nice gear (at least I'm pretty sure the nice gear is still on it, maybe I'll pay for 30 hours and poke around or something)

Lost on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    You can make a high level on valk and pay to transfer it to a P2P server, you recieve a free month :p Not saying join iris, cuz i've been a loner on that one. unless you're a priest.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    My Loki character is an 83 priest :P

Lost on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    You can make a high level on valk and pay to transfer it to a P2P server, you recieve a free month :p Not saying join iris, cuz i've been a loner on that one. unless you're a priest.

Pika why are you following me GODDAMMIT.

<---69 Knight on Iris.

I tried it out on a whim, and really, that fucking 25% more exp is goddamn noticable.

edit: And the whole years worth of exp and characters in their 60's already.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    ? What's your character's name? Too bad I can't think of a way for knight/soul linker to party, or else we could. my name's "Omg Link Me".

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    ? What's your character's name? Too bad I can't think of a way for knight/soul linker to party, or else we could. my name's "Omg Link Me".

Hildeguard von Krone

And it's okay. When I hit 80 ish.

You link me. Then we do CTHO.

And rape them till I'm 99.

Vit Knight kick the shit out of leveling.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    hahahahahhahaha knight link.

hahahahhahahahha

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009

hahahahhahahahha

Bitch shutup and give me my goddamn one hand quicken.

DO it.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

hahahahhahahahha

DO it.
    I'll give you a 1h quicken. :winky:

my first SL is pure ESMA. no links. a few level 1's.

my WoE SL won't be getting knigh link.

my Critical Linker might... nah. probably won't.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009

hahahahhahahahha

DO it.

You're getting Alchy link like all the the goddamn linkers are aren't you.

I hate you so much.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

hahahahhahahahha

DO it.

You're getting Alchy link like all the the goddamn linkers are aren't you.

I hate you so much.
    it's on the way to BS link, and you only need level one alchy anyways

just for you, maybe i'll spare a few points on my crit linker if i ever make that one.

Plan:
    Esma Linker lvl 80 or 90 (Current, level 76)
    Woe Linker (job 38 out of 46 tae kwon)
    Alchy/vendor (9dc/10oc, need's at least one more dc and after that done)
    Priest/High Priest (not created yet)
    THEN maybe the Crit linker :p

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png