As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Urban Dead] "I Looted Caiger Mall and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt."

• Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hey urahonky we're in the same fire station!

Created Arrath, firefighter. Smacked some zombies around and got back into safety before I bottomed out of AP.

Arrath on
  • Options
    JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I screwed up my first firefighter and ran out of AP one step short of getting into my safehouse on day 1. While I could technically continue playing, I decided to go ahead and make another firefighter and not screw up this time.

I can't ever kill zombies, I get them down to like 23 hit points before I need to head back to the safehouse. I guess eventually I'll get hand to hand combat, which will help.

H2H will pretty much solve that for you most likely.

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
  • Options
    ColtColt .45 ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, once you get Hand to Hand, you'll be able to kill players with AP to spare. If I go out hunting I can easily kill someone from 60 HP and get back safely.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Options
    hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    huh, i still have an account. Now eating someone at auckland mall.
    You guys should make a zombie and help crack safe houses. I'll open the doors for you. Seems my dude is fully skilled.

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Colt wrote: »
    Yeah, once you get Hand to Hand, you'll be able to kill players with AP to spare. If I go out hunting I can easily kill someone from 60 HP and get back safely.

You know, as soon as I said this I went outside to kill a zombie and missed 75% of the time and walked back to the safehouse with with nothing but shame. lol

And for anyone coming back to the game, accounts are never deleted so yes, all your stuff is still there.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Options
    NoCatsNoCats Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Colt wrote: »
    You know, as soon as I said this I went outside to kill a zombie and missed 75% of the time and walked back to the safehouse with with nothing but shame. lol
    The same thing just happened with my new fireman, except that I pushed my luck and ran out AP before I could get back to a safehouse. I'm currently stuck next to a zombie, who's probably going to be pretty pissed with me when he logs back on.

NoCats on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Arrath wrote: »
    Hey urahonky we're in the same fire station!

Created Arrath, firefighter. Smacked some zombies around and got back into safety before I bottomed out of AP.

Oh nice :) I like to log out in that fire station, seems pretty safe. If you go W then N, you'll run into a group of zombies. That's how I get my EXP right now. But I only hit them like 3 times out of the 40 times I try.

urahonky on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah same here, I'm just smacking them to get enough exp for H2H and Free Running, after that I dunno.

Arrath on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Haha, I stumbled across a zombie right nearby with 9 HP left. Victory!

riz on
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I dunno what to get first. I think HtH combat because right now I'm just going to to whack a zombie or two and then back into a safehouse. Seems HtH would speed up xp gain over Free Running.

EDIT: Hmm, some player killed another player in my safehouse. Wonder what all that was about. I dumped his body outside for xp though!

Bigity on
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    XP is difficult to come by until you realize that healing people is an easy 5 XP, and you stay in a hospital or mall just healing people for a few weeks.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I should find a mall and start stocking up on ammo because I'm going to want the train guns next.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ShornSM, Fireman! I'm at Newmarch Square Fire Station. How do I hook up with the rest of you guys?

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ShornSM, Fireman! I'm at Newmarch Square Fire Station. How do I hook up with the rest of you guys?

You have to hoof it.

We need to set up a definite base or something.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    CapuanoCapuano Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Kajusta wrote: »

Capuano on
    1372374-1.png
    Starcraft 2: jawaka.947
  • Options
    OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Lief Mainz - Scout
    I'm currently undead in a cemetery next to St. Isidore's Church in Osmondville since my free running apparently didn't allow to get into the building as I thought yesterday. Anyway, before I croaked I was just basically running from building to building dumping bodies as I could since my combat skills are turrrrrrible. Is this more or less a good strategy for Scouting until I can get some decent combat skills? Also, I'm totally down for meeting up somewhere once I can get a revive.

OSUJumpMan on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Kajusta wrote: »

A building near a police station or hospital would be good, but not in one because they get raided a lot depending on where you're at. I'd avoid malls too, personally.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Malls are the best place to search for equipment tho. So it's kind of a trade-off.

Do we want a relatively safer location? Or do we want easier access to stuff?

MegaMek on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I would think that easier access to stuff would be best. I mean, revivification is a fairly simple process, right?

Capuano on
    1372374-1.png
  • Options
    hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I logged into a dude in Nichols mall. Still alive. I haven't logged on in like a year.

Make more use of http://wiki.urbandead.com/

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • Options
    TasteicleTasteicle Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I love this game, but it is insanely easy. Played for about 8 months now and have never died on my main character.
    Turns out if you don't log on for awhile your character disappears from the target list, several times i wouldn't log on for like a week and the mall that I was in, who normally has about 200 people in it would be completely sacked, and like 40 zombies would be inside, yet I would be unharmed.

Tasteicle on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Capuano wrote: »
    I would think that easier access to stuff would be best. I mean, revivification is a fairly simple process, right?
    Eh, reviving costs 10AP, so it's kind of a drag.

MegaMek on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'd go for the safer route personally, maybe a generic building or warehouse that's centrally located between a mall/police dpt. and a hospital.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Sounds well enough to me. I'll check the wiki map to find a nice spot.

Do we want to set up in the SW corner? It's all low threat at the moment.

MegaMek on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    MegaMek wrote: »
    Sounds well enough to me. I'll check the wiki map to find a nice spot.

Do we want to set up in the SW corner? It's all low threat at the moment.

I'm in Wyke Hills so that sounds good to me, haha.

Should make a poll or something.

Who's up for establishing a base in the "SW corner"? We can make up all the particulars later, but for now we'll be super vague.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Actually, Scarletwood is a bit further east, and is looking really nice. Surrounded by safe zones, it has 2 hospitals, a police station, and a warehouse right next to each other. And I'm in motherfucking Pitneybank, so I need to be moving soon.

MegaMek on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Hm, not bad.

I just wasted about 20 AP looking around for zombies, this kind of sucks; I want exp.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Tasteicle wrote: »
    I love this game, but it is insanely easy. Played for about 8 months now and have never died on my mine character.
    Turns out if you don't log on for awhile your character disappears from the target list, several times i wouldn't log on for like a week and the mall that I was in, who normally has about 200 people in it would be completely sacked, and like 40 zombies would be inside, yet I would be unharmed.

Yeah, if you don't log in for a week I believe it makes you go inactive and takes you off the map.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Options
    Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Scarletwood sounds good. I'm in Pennville so it's just a short hike once I've saved some APs.

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Ok, so has a neighborhood been chosen? I'd like to start heading in that direction.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Best part of Scarletwood is that many of the surrounding zones are traditionally devoid of zombie activity. It's a relatively safe neighborhood.

And Blesley Mall is a day's hike up north.

MegaMek on
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So it's either Scarletwood or Wyke Hills? That works; I'm in Earletown still (AKA, top of the map vs. bottom), so it'll take me a bit to shamble down to either place, regardless.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I know at least 3 of us are up in the northeast-ish or were at least. I'll probably stick around here and stock up on supplies as where I'm at has a free running lane of VSB+ and powered buildings across almost 2 suburbs with access to a few hospitals, FD, PD, garage and NT building.

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Wow... reading that wiki there is an insane amount of coordination amongst players.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Getting to Rolt Heights is so slow. Some jerk totally killed me. : (

Capuano on
    1372374-1.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Wow... reading that wiki there is an insane amount of coordination amongst players.

It's the only way to get anything done with the AP system :P

MegaMek on
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'll come out to Scarletwood. I'm still in up in Pitneybank, so it might be a few days before I get there.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm aiming for St Spyridon's Hospital, it'll take me at least a day to get there I think.

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chasehatesbearschasehatesbears Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm coming from Kempsterbank so it will take me a couple of days as well.

Actually, I just barely made into Wray Heights. Kempsterbank had a multitude of zombies, I was afraid I would get stuck in them.

chasehatesbears on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I think I'm going to make my way to Scarletwood, as it is closest.

Here is my full info, by the way. Please add it to the op!

ShornSM - 1486982

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.