As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Two all beef [CHAT]ties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, on a sesame seed bun.

• Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited March 2009
    Conga-rats!

EDIT: art-dump soon then?

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    BuckwolfeBuckwolfe Starts With Them, Ends With Us Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm having a bag of microwave steamed vegetables for dinner because I'm too lazy to make anything else and I don't feel like going out and getting anything.

Somehow I feel healthy and ashamed, all at the same time.

Microwavable steamed veggies always come out too chewy for me. And seeing as how texture is all I have to go on when judging food, the idea of a chewy vegetable isn't all that appealing. So I try to stay away from that stuff.

If I'm going to be hungry and lazy, I'd much rather toss something in an actual oven and let it cook, instead of a microwave.

Also, I'm in a perpetual state of feeling unhealthy, and unashamed.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Betelgeuse wrote: »
    And like clockwork, it's time to get all self-doubting about my progress in school and overall abilities again. Hooray! Party hats for all!

Whiskey time?

Cause of/solution to all of life's problems, et cetera.

You make me sound like I'm some kind of a drinkamoholic!

Truth be told I'm pretty responsible with that. My current predicament comes from running myself ragged. I'm getting really good at time management with one exception: I always fail to schedule in time to bloody relax. So I run myself out and crash. Regain, and start to do it all over again. Wait, did someone say whiskey?

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited March 2009
    Buckwolfe wrote: »
    I'm having a bag of microwave steamed vegetables for dinner because I'm too lazy to make anything else and I don't feel like going out and getting anything.

Microwavable steamed veggies always come out too chewy for me. And seeing as how texture is all I have to go on when judging food, the idea of a chewy vegetable isn't all that appealing. So I try to stay away from that stuff.

If I'm going to be hungry and lazy, I'd much rather toss something in an actual oven and let it cook, instead of a microwave.

I suppose I could have breaded and pan-fried my baby carrots and peas instead, but something tells me that wouldn't turn out much better.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Then ONE MORE NIGHT of staying up to finish a gouache project....

Eeeuugch! I fucking hate gouache. I hate painting in general, mostly because I'm rubbish, but I especially hate gouache. I'll never forgive my college for forcing me to work with it for two straight semesters on almost every project.

Congrats on the high praise from your professor though. Hopefully they said it in front of everyone so that the rest of 'em felt inferior.

I suppose I could have breaded and pan-fried my baby carrots and peas instead, but something tells me that wouldn't turn out much better.

I'm willing to bet it would have, unless you're not very adept at cooking from scratch.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    the ever dreaded page 50 draws near

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The last few times I tried gouache (years ago, I'll admit) I really liked it...but I used it a bit more like watercolor for 90% of the pieces I did.

This gouache project is turning out to be a disaster, though, haha....so no poast.

I *may* end up posting one piece from the other project (we were only given 2 weeks on it, really not enough)...but that'll probably be the only redeeming part of that entire project, so.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Using gouache as a watercolor substitute was the only way I managed to complete my gouache required projects my freshmen year. Watercolor is the only method of painting that I don't hate doing outright, so it did make it slightly more tolerable.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6gjXZdT0Qqw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6gjXZdT0Qqw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

edit: EMBED .. that didnt work.

Kendeathwalker on
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    so I have been inspired to get Final Fantasy IX to work on my PC at all costs.

I wish they updated this game with better graphics. Then there would be no reason to ever not be playing it.

@Ken: Just put the youtube link in; the forums do the rest for you.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Ken is speaking in strange tongues again...

Sizzy - I never noticed that you live in NY until just now. Why haven't you ever come up to Boston and visit me?! We have a giant Citgo sign here and everything.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Loomdun wrote: »

Wow. Mad ping-pong skills, fly dance moves, and a terrific sense of sportsmanship to boot? That guys got it all.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Sizzy - I never noticed that you live in NY until just now. Why haven't you ever come up to Boston and visit me?! We have a giant Citgo sign here and everything.
    I didn't know you live in Boston? And I've never thought of commuting to meet someone? And NYC is better so you would be expected to come here?

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    srsizzy wrote: »
    I didn't know you live in Boston? And I've never thought of commuting to meet someone? And NYC is better so you would be expected to come here?

I've been to NYC a couple of times, but only for special events that actually warranted the hassle. Otherwise it seems like more trouble than its worth. There's just too many fucking people. Save from never leaving their home, I can't see how anybody can actually live in that congested place. Plus that public transportation system y'all got down there is fucking confusing.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    if i get web hosting, i should be able to direct another web address to a specific folder and run both domain names off of a single server, right?

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    BetelgeuseBetelgeuse Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Betelgeuse wrote: »
    And like clockwork, it's time to get all self-doubting about my progress in school and overall abilities again. Hooray! Party hats for all!

Whiskey time?

Cause of/solution to all of life's problems, et cetera.

You make me sound like I'm some kind of a drinkamoholic!

Truth be told I'm pretty responsible with that. My current predicament comes from running myself ragged. I'm getting really good at time management with one exception: I always fail to schedule in time to bloody relax. So I run myself out and crash. Regain, and start to do it all over again. Wait, did someone say whiskey?

So hey, setting aside the topic of your severe and crippling drinking problem, how come you never post any of your stuff here?

Betelgeuse on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Mars doesn't actually draw anymore. Neither does Grif.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Grif? Whoooo... is thatttttttt. Ten points will be deducted frommmmmmmmm GRIFFINDOR!

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I just saw THE best animated short film with the worst name.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    And what was that Godfather?

Tam on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Godfather wrote: »
    I just saw THE best animated short film with the worst name.
    Thanks for sharing!

srsizzy on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Crack.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Why? Was it not about crack, and therefor an irrelevant title?

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    how is that the worst name...

[edit] oh god, am I supposed to make the new thread?

srsizzy on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    if i get web hosting, i should be able to direct another web address to a specific folder and run both domain names off of a single server, right?

Yes.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    this should be interesting

Tam on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    GO AHEAD! SPANK ME!!

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Yes.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    how is that the worst name...

Noooo! I was so close!

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Yes.

you're like that guy

who did that thing

Tam on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Tam wrote: »

Yes.

you're like that guy

who did that thing

But...but I wanted to be that guy, ya know?

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    /face-palm

brain-storming...

srsizzy on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

It was about this guy who cuts down a tree, makes a rocking chair, and you basically see this chair go through the phases of life with this guy's family. It was astoundingly beautiful because every frame (over 7000) were drawn with pastels.

I have no idea why they called it Crack out of all things.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Why do scabbards have to be so PHALLIC!?

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

It was about this guy who cuts down a tree, makes a rocking chair, and you basically see this chair go through the phases of life with this guy's family. It was astoundingly beautiful because every frame (over 7000) were drawn with pastels.

I dunno why either, but I'm strangely interested to see it now. You got a link?

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    HURRY UP OR I'LL GO INTO A [CHAT]ATONIC STATE!

Tam on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    a quick "fuck you" to my pointillism drawing...

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited March 2009

I dunno why either, but I'm strangely interested to see it now. You got a link?

If you liked Crack, you'll like La Maison En Petit Cubes

Tam on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Nietzsche is a baller.

srsizzy on
This discussion has been closed.