As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Urban Dead] "I Looted Caiger Mall and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt."

• Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Boooo, why can't we all stay in Earlewood :(

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This is pretty addicting. I want to head for the Mellish Walk Fire Station, but I'm afraid it will be too barricaded and the last thing I want is to be caught in the open.

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pat_McRochPat_McRoch Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ok good news! I finally made it to the hospital, but here's the bad news...there are two zombies outsideD:

Pat_McRoch on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Hmm, change of plans for me, the group I joined up with ordered me north...

... damn that's a long ways to Raines Hills...

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ruzkinruzkin Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh maaaaaaan.

This game just keeps sucking me back. I played back in the way early days, back before DARIS and the "Stay the FUCK out of Shearbank" months, back when headshotting a Zed took away all their experience and dying was DYING, goddamnit. None of this Necrotech nonsense! Back in the good old days when the Emerald Guard still operated and nobody believed Katthew was a girl until she posted nudie shots on the UD forums. Ah, sweet youth.

I looted Caiger mall so damn hard. Maybe I should come back and do it again.

ruzkin on
    g4OlSIF.jpg
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Motherfucking zombies with flack-jackets :|

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    MegaMek wrote: »
    Motherfucking zombies with flack-jackets :|

Don't forget Flesh Rot! It does exactly the same thing, and is disgusting to boot!

I should probably find a NecroTech Building to get revived before joining up with you guys, huh?

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Eh, just wander on over to one of the cemetaries in Scarletwood. Cemetaries are universally understood to be revive points.

EDIT: Which reminds me, I need to grab some syringes on the way over.

MegaMek on
  • Options
    CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Eh, just wander on over to one of the cemetaries in Scarletwood. Cemetaries are universally understood to be revive points.

Brain Rot is a cruel mistress. :P

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Oh shit, well... Huh.

Why would you take brain rot if you ever intended to be a survivor ever again?

MegaMek on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I remember trying this out a long, long time ago. I think I'll give it another shot now that there's a group of us.

Edit: Made a char, Thelnin, Scout. Looks like I started in Dulston. Is our currently-agreed base still in Scarletwood? If so I'll start making the trek.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    OK, there's an NT building at the NW corner of Scarletwood. If you're close enough Carch, I can revive you in about a day or two.

MegaMek on
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'll start making my way to Scarletwood.

EDIT: Ok I made it, I'm at the Nurley Motal for right now. It's VSB so newbs like me can get it. I saw several lone zombies on the way into the 'hood.

Bigity on
  • Options
    JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Depends on the area, some suburbs use cemeteries others use churches, check the UD wiki to find out. I think people still haven't decided on a universally accepted revive point.

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Ouch, got nailed by a zombie. XD Dead outside the Spinney Alley Fire Station, going to start heading toward the cemetary at 73,67 I guess.

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CapuanoCapuano Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So, I'm in Rolt Heights at the Silverius General Hospital. Where should I go for a revive?

Capuano on
    1372374-1.png
    Starcraft 2: jawaka.947
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So apparently I had thought free-running allowed me to get past any type of barricade and just enter a building. This seems not to be the case as I spent the last 20 turns of my first day panicking as no building would let me on. My 2nd last turn was praying that a church one square away was open, which it was, allowing me to use my last turn to step inside. 30 minutes later I get 1 AP back to discover a zombie inhabiting my spot, but now being inside a building I use my last turn to get the hell out of dodge and into a secure barricaded building.

So much tension. Phew.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You should check the OP for the download link to UDBrain

It tells you the status of whatever buildings on your map, so you don't waste AP going to them to find out whether you can enter them or not.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yea I put on the addons, and while I get the pretty map, my inventory stuff is still menu (not icon) driven.

EDIT: Oh wait, the OP says it won't look like that. Just didn't realize that meant it would be unchanged.

Bigity on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Kajusta wrote: »

It tells you the status of whatever buildings on your map, so you don't waste AP going to them to find out whether you can enter them or not.

I missed that one, thanks!

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Bigity wrote: »
    Yea I put on the addons, and while I get the pretty map, my inventory stuff is still menu (not icon) driven.

EDIT: Oh wait, the OP says it won't look like that. Just didn't realize that meant it would be unchanged.

My inventory works, but the addon is kind of buggy.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ARGH! I had 30 attacks with my axe (25% 3 damage). I needed 18 XP to level.

I hit THREE times. Hate hate hate hate hate.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    chasehatesbearschasehatesbears Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So uh, does it take a lot of AP for two zeds to take down a light barricade?

'cause if not, I might be in trouble.

Also, being a zombie fucking sucks. I parked Zombo Rama in a group of seven zombies yesterday. Today I log on, and there are fourteen, but some of them have been hitting me. Fortunately, they didn't kill me.

A fucking zombie hunter did that.

chasehatesbears on
  • Options
    hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So uh, does it take a lot of AP for two zeds to take down a light barricade?

'cause if not, I might be in trouble.

Also, being a zombie fucking sucks. I parked Zombo Rama in a group of seven zombies yesterday. Today I log on, and there are fourteen, but some of them have been hitting me. Fortunately, they didn't kill me.

A fucking zombie hunter did that.

Just stand up. As a newbie zombie, you will have problems. You need a good horde to follow. Where are you? I'll open doors and rip down barricades for you. I enjoy dragging injured survivors out onto the street so all the zombies get to feed.

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • Options
    ColtColt .45 ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ew. Gonna be a few days before I get down to Scarletwood from Rolt Heights.

EDIT: Ho-ley cow. Spracklingbank is a fucking mess. Zombies everywhere, can't free run from building to building because they've all been torn to shreds...

I may go around the long way when I have AP.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Today I log on, and there are fourteen, but some of them have been hitting me. Fortunately, they didn't kill me.
    An unfortunate result of the combat system in UD. You can't target individual zombies in a hoard, so when one zombie decides to start a mass orgy of violence, he only needs to hit one or two other guys to get the ball rolling.

Zombie hoards are always orgies of violence.

MegaMek on
  • Options
    JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Capuano wrote: »
    So, I'm in Rolt Heights at the Silverius General Hospital. Where should I go for a revive?

If you want to go stand at the Fevin Monument(coords:86, 16) then post here, I'll come revive you.

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Cool, I'll head to Scarletwood tomorrow (just used all my AP to kill a few zombies). It's about 7 blocks south of my location (I'm at Santlerville).

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Kajusta wrote: »

How did I miss that, it probably would have saved me a death lol.

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    JamesDM wrote: »

Depends on the area, some suburbs use cemeteries others use churches, check the UD wiki to find out. I think people still haven't decided on a universally accepted revive point.
    Many of the larger groups follow this policy, and I think we should too. For convenience at least.

EDIT: And the only cemetery in Scarletwood is adjacent to an NT building so...

MegaMek on
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    I am at the Horder school in the rolts suburb its baricaded and its going to take me forever to get to where you guys are at.

http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Horder_Avenue_School

Grath on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Do you have free running? I started in Dulston and made it to Heytown in one day, probably just passing by you.

If not I could probably backtrack and meetup with you starting tomorrow.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'm a scout and I found a fire Axe the second time i searched for stuff.
    The third time i found something it was a single shotgun shell.

I really think that when starting out the game should give you 200ap.

Grath on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So far all I've found is a flare gun. Woo.

Arrath on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Grath wrote: »

Wait... you can search a place more than once and sometimes find things? :facepalm: I'd assumed that things appeared in places at random times, and if you searched for them you'd find them, or not. Are there buildings that will just never, ever have something in them? I'm in something called "The Beater Building" in Payterton, and would gladly waste a few turns searching if something might be found.

... I know some of this stuff could be answered in the wiki. I read a bunch of entries but apparently didn't absorb enough.

Edit: Also, the game FAQ says that your RNG rolls will be hurt if it looks like you have multiple accounts colluding. Is that just if it looks like you're using multiple accounts, or if the game sees that two characters from your IP are trading items or something?

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    CapuanoCapuano Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Alright, JamesDM. I'm at the Fevin Monument, barely. I've got -1 AP left. I got killed four spaces away from it and had to wait for enough AP to get there.

Capuano on
    1372374-1.png
    Starcraft 2: jawaka.947
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Grath wrote: »

Wait... you can search a place more than once and sometimes find things? :facepalm: I'd assumed that things appeared in places at random times, and if you searched for them you'd find them, or not. Are there buildings that will just never, ever have something in them? I'm in something called "The Beater Building" in Payterton, and would gladly waste a few turns searching if something might be found.

... I know some of this stuff could be answered in the wiki. I read a bunch of entries but apparently didn't absorb enough.

Edit: Also, the game FAQ says that your RNG rolls will be hurt if it looks like you have multiple accounts colluding. Is that just if it looks like you're using multiple accounts, or if the game sees that two characters from your IP are trading items or something?
    I didn't search the same spot more than once I just kept moving and searching.

who from here made this?

http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/PA_Rebel_Alliance

we should totally just revive it.

edit: Never mind after reading a bunch of drama that came from that group and the Caiger mall survivors I don't want any part of it.

Grath on
  • Options
    MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I hope we are still meeting in scarletwood because I got about halfway there today. Stuck outside because of all the barricading. Wonder if I'll make it

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I just started today and still planned on making my way down there. Was trying to figure out a good path to take so I could hit a couple malls deemed "safe"

Grath on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    so I want to create a consumer alt after I get myself all setup and safe somewhere.

Send the consumer into a mall for supplies and have him run back with them.

Grath on
This discussion has been closed.