As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I'm sorry. It's these [CHAT]yons. They're muddling things up.

• TamTam Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Six wrote: »
    bombardier wrote: »
    A srssizzizzzyzzlyy chat thread?

This is the biggest failure in the world.

It does reek of angst and failure, but we must make due.

make do

Tam on
  • Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I feel like a train wreck.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    make do do

earthwormadam on
  • SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    make do do

Yes, sir!

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • crawdaddiocrawdaddio Tacoma, WARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Shit, man; my roommate just handed me a flier he picked up about an open-air speedpainting contest (well, semi-speedpainting--10 hours; "Concurso de pintura rápida al aire libre") on the 28th. Honestly, I don't think I'm nearly good enough for shit like that, but he pointed out the prizes, which are €1500 for first prize, €1000 for 2nd, €700 for 3rd, and three 4th place prizes of €500. I mean, for a chance at that kind of money, should I give it a go? I'd have to buy the support (and the paint, of course), but that seems like a pretty small investment, and the kind of painting (the city of Andujar) is the kind of stuff I meant to do coming here, anyway. I'm just still in a funk of frustration and feeling the fail from the PA contest, and I don't know if I should bother. Damn you, low self-worth, damn you!

crawdaddio on
    edited March 2009
    you should at least try, crawdad. even if you don't win, you'll gain some experience in improvising and working fast.

Tam on
  • SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    crawdaddio wrote: »
    Shit, man; my roommate just handed me a flier he picked up about an open-air speedpainting contest (well, semi-speedpainting--10 hours; "Concurso de pintura rápida al aire libre") on the 28th. Honestly, I don't think I'm nearly good enough for shit like that, but he pointed out the prizes, which are €1500 for first prize, €1000 for 2nd, €700 for 3rd, and three 4th place prizes of €500. I mean, for a chance at that kind of money, should I give it a go? I'd have to buy the support (and the paint, of course), but that seems like a pretty small investment, and the kind of painting (the city of Andujar) is the kind of stuff I meant to do coming here, anyway. I'm just still in a funk of frustration and feeling the fail from the PA contest, and I don't know if I should bother. Damn you, low self-worth, damn you!

Do it. Even if you don't win, it sounds like a worthwhile experience, and exactly the kind of thing that might get your creative juices flowing. It's something to get excited and nervous about (good things), and no matter what, it will probably be a lot of fun.

You want to do it, and you'll regret not doing it if you don't.

So do it.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Uncle Long wrote: »
    D-Robe wrote: »
    I've got the office to myself today. What to do...

The same thing we do every night, Longy- try to escape Alaska.

I could fashion my desk into a raft. I don't think it would stay afloat with my car on it though. Also, why the fuck do I still have a car on this island?

You could wait until enough eagles run into your windows and then capture them. Then try and make some sort of dog sled....but with eagles!

It will be so patriotic no one will try and stop you.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    D-Robe wrote: »
    I've got the office to myself today. What to do...

The same thing we do every night, Longy- try to escape Alaska.

I could fashion my desk into a raft. I don't think it would stay afloat with my car on it though. Also, why the fuck do I still have a car on this island?

You could wait until enough eagles run into your windows and then capture them. Then try and make some sort of dog sled....but with eagles!

It will be so patriotic no one will try and stop you.

I do have enough eagles for this. My window is so dirty now. I just need to fashion hundreds of wee harnesses.

Uncle Long on
  • srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    list of ambivalent and non-negative thoughts on my mind:
    snapple is sugar water; it might as well be carbonated
    sandwiches are good
    it's almost spring break and that makes me happy
    mmm...brownies
    I'll be happy if I can get FFXII to run on my PC
    I'm playing me some Wii tonight and watching Lost
    Battlestar is awesome, and I'm sad it's ending in two weeks
    why is scrubs on hiatus?

crawdido: Do Eeeet. That sounds like fun.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited March 2009
    srsizzy wrote: »

Not a new episode of Lost tonight. They're taking a one week break in the "unbroken" season so that the finale falls in the middle of May sweeps.

DMAC on
    edited March 2009
    DMAC wrote: »
    srsizzy wrote: »
    Not a new episode of Lost tonight. They're taking a one week break in the "unbroken" season so that the finale falls in the middle of May sweeps.
    Oh
    right.

:(

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    is it too late to say good luck to ND on finals?

PROX on
    edited March 2009
    definitely probably

srsizzy on
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It's not too late to wish me good luck on eating this delicious chicken, however.

earthwormadam on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I wish you the best of luck in eating delicious chicken EWA.

An entire site devoted to sandwhiches... awesome http://scanwiches.com/

Prospicience on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited March 2009
    Mixing Cheerios with Froot Loops makes my brain think I'm eating Lucky Charms.

bombardier on
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    i like apple jacks.

just sayin.

ManonvonSuperock on
    edited March 2009
    ZOMG MS PAINT ADVENTURES IS OVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

srsizzy on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Stop reminding me of cereals that I have no access to up here!

Godfather on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited March 2009
    They used to have Apple Jacks here but nobody liked them. It failed twice here, actually.

bombardier on
  • lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I seem to remember back when I was a little kid watching TV that a big part of the Apple Jacks advertisements was them acknowledging that yes, they understand this cereal does not actually taste like apples.

lyrium on
    edited March 2009
    They used to have Apple Jacks here but nobody liked them. It failed twice here, actually.

Bombardier, have you received your Canadian props yet?

Tam on
  • BetelgeuseBetelgeuse Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    MS Paint Adventures is the best, woo!

Betelgeuse on
    edited March 2009

And what's the deal with these Corn Pops? They're nothing like the american ones.

These ones taste like cheeto puffs sans the cheese. Gross!

Godfather on
    edited March 2009
    Godfather wrote: »

And what's the deal with these Corn Pops?

They're nothing like the american ones. They taste like cheeto puffs sans the cheese. Gross!

eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww

seriously?

Tam on
    edited March 2009
    Dead serious.

Super gross!

Godfather on
    edited March 2009
    That's like eating packing peanuts!

Tam on
    edited March 2009
    I only have three choices up here that look good to me.

Pick_Me_by_saejinoh.jpg

Godfather on
    edited March 2009
    ok now I'm playing final fantasy xii and I expect to end up pretty disappointed overall.

why'd they have to change everything so much? I don't want to run around when I'm battling!

srsizzy on
    edited March 2009
    Do you whine about everything?

Godfather on
    edited March 2009
    Wait does XII have an active battle system?

Tam on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    done with everything! EXCEPT...that damnable gouache project!

Then I get to SHOWER! And then I get to PACK! and I get to sleep and go to class and then do a load of laundry and then pack some more and then a friendly of mine is driving me to the airport.

Oh and I figured out that instead of parking my car in the garage for 10 days for like $100, I can just leave my car on the street, on a side where street sweepers will only come by once like a wednesday, as there will only be one of those in the 10 day break)....so that way if I DO get any ticket, it will only be $12.

Wooz

NightDragon on
    edited March 2009
    Tam wrote: »
    Wait does XII have an active battle system?
    sort of. it's basically turn-based because you have to wait for your action meter to load, but you have to run towards enemies. It's not like you can block attacks intentionally or dodge or anything. It's basically the same but you walk around.

I guess I don't expect to be "disappointed" since I don't really expect anything. But Final Fantasy has arguably gone downhill -- though, I guess that's just on the basis that I'm used to the previous style of game play, and prefer the other stories.

srsizzy on
    edited March 2009
    Oh fuck that.

If it had something like Kingdom Hearts' battle system, then I'd play it.

There's no point in playing FF anymore now that that piss-soaked turdsicle Nomura took over. He's got one formula and it's Melodrama + Androgyny = Fail

Tam on
    edited March 2009
    Ah, so that is who is responsible for the fail.

I want something with FF9 and FF7's epic scale and characters, in the style of FF9 and Crystal Chronicles visually, but with more of a coherent storyline. Well, 9's was actually pretty coherent save the ending. Apparently the gameplay wasn't as good, but I really only care about games for story and design.

A more coherent version of Kingdom Hearts would be cool too -- minus the Disney characters.

srsizzy on
  • Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ever play final fantasy....
    ON WEED?

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited March 2009
    Does anybody actually let something sit x number of minutes in the microwave after you microwave it as per the directions, or is everybody like me and is like FUCK YOU FOOD GET THE FUCK OVER HERE?

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited March 2009
    I've never played FF9, and seeing as how it's one of the more forgettable ones i'm not missing much, but Vamo alla Flamenco is one of my favorite songs to play on guitar.

So it hits somewhere on the mediocre range.

Godfather on
    edited March 2009
    I prefer FFVI to all the others myself
    Does anybody actually let something sit x number of minutes in the microwave after you microwave it as per the directions, or is everybody like me and is like FUCK YOU FOOD GET THE FUCK OVER HERE?

when I want the inside of my mouth immolated, yes

Tam on
This discussion has been closed.