As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Urban Dead] "I Looted Caiger Mall and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt."

• Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I thought we were going to rolt heights.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm currently in Rolt but according to the wiki theres like 6 other groups there and 3 pk groups also there.

Grath on
  • Options
    JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    MegaMek wrote: »
    JamesDM wrote: »
    MegaMek wrote: »
    Eh, just wander on over to one of the cemetaries in Scarletwood. Cemetaries are universally understood to be revive points.

EDIT: Which reminds me, I need to grab some syringes on the way over.

Depends on the area, some suburbs use cemeteries others use churches, check the UD wiki to find out. I think people still haven't decided on a universally accepted revive point.
    Many of the larger groups follow this policy, and I think we should too. For convenience at least.

EDIT: And the only cemetery in Scarletwood is adjacent to an NT building so...

I get what you are saying, but I was just saying as a whole(not just in PA forums), if you are looking for a revive you should check the Wiki as RESCUE standards apply for some suburbs. If I hava a choice I say we should follow Sacred Ground Policy.
    Capuano wrote: »
    Alright, JamesDM. I'm at the Fevin Monument, barely. I've got -1 AP left. I got killed four spaces away from it and had to wait for enough AP to get there.

Welcome back to hell!
    Anyone else who needs to be revived let me know.

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    *whew* made it to the Scarletwood church. The people at Urban General Hospital are CrAzY!

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    goddamnit I just wanna play this for like a whole day straight.

Grath on
  • Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I think I'm starting to get a hang of this... After I play this for a bit longer I'm going to decide which one I'm going to use as my main and try to get him to where you're meeting

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I've got a police officer at 32 experience with 2 fully loaded pistols and 5 clips, a Doctor with 2 FAKs and 35 experience, a Private with 79 experience with no weapons who just got ressed, and a Fireman with 39 experience and no zombies in sight. Oh, and I have one zombie character who sucks.

I think I have a problem here.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Grath wrote: »
    goddamnit I just wanna play this for like a whole day straight.

You can make it from Rolt at least 3-4 map sections towards our meetup if you just keep heading south. 30 AP takes one far. The rest can be used to find a good hiding place.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    News Flash: A Zombie broke down the barricade of Dennis Row Fire Station (Santlerville) and came inside. Urahonkey I know you're here, I dunno if anyone else is. I took as many swings at the zombie as I could, hopefully some of the others inside the building will too.

Arrath on
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm slowly hobbling my way down towards Scarletwood. I got killed...yesterday, I think, so I've just been shuffling with the intent of hitting a revive point down there. I'd rather be a zombie for the trip than Run the "Hey, I'm human again, oh no, my building was killed and I'm dead again, yay, Human again, oh, a PKer got me" etc. gambit

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    I'm slowly hobbling my way down towards Scarletwood. I got killed...yesterday, I think, so I've just been shuffling with the intent of hitting a revive point down there. I'd rather be a zombie for the trip than Run the "Hey, I'm human again, oh no, my building was killed and I'm dead again, yay, Human again, oh, a PKer got me" etc. gambit

Well if you get killed as a Zombie you get to spend 10 APs to stand, or 15 APs if it was a headshot that finished you off. Right now I can't build exp as a Zombie because all the barricades in the area are strong, or I rarily hit anyone since I am only level 1.

Seg on
  • Options
    ColtColt .45 ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hell.

I logged on because of how many zombies were south of me and they tore into the building I was in. Now I'm infected, but I got into a new building and hopefully will get a heal. I don't know if I'm safe tho.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Options
    chasehatesbearschasehatesbears Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Grath wrote: »
    so I want to create a consumer alt after I get myself all setup and safe somewhere.

Send the consumer into a mall for supplies and have him run back with them.

Apparently that's against the rules.

chasehatesbears on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm still heading to scarletwood. I'm a fireman with several axes and a crowbar. I also have a radio. Should we all agree on a frequency to tune to?

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Ok guys, we really need to focus, pick a location, and get organized if we are going to rock this. Who wants to lead?

I would volunteer but I don't know much about the game yet. I'd prefer one of the vet people.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Arrath wrote: »
    News Flash: A Zombie broke down the barricade of Dennis Row Fire Station (Santlerville) and came inside. Urahonkey I know you're here, I dunno if anyone else is. I took as many swings at the zombie as I could, hopefully some of the others inside the building will too.

Shit shit shit, only 15AP I'ma give it a shot.

e: fuck, got him to 38 HP. God help us.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I managed to hit it 3 (maybe 4?) times with 14 swings, woo.

Arrath on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Good luck gentleman!

That is an excellent top of the page.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    We're screwed. I hope someone else spawns and sees it. Some guy started building the barricade again.

On a lighter note I just hit level 2, and got free running. I was contemplating Construction, but I think I'll need Free Running first.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, Free Running is what I'm getting as soon as I level. Then Hand to Hand. Zombie rape-age.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I hit him again! And now I'm asleep. Back in half an hour to give it another go.

Arrath on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    ROFL one hit every half hour... maybe, then you miss... Ugh. I hope to wake up in 8 hours to get 16 swings at his ass.

e: Fuck, missed again.

urahonky on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ok guys, we really need to focus, pick a location, and get organized if we are going to rock this. Who wants to lead?

I would volunteer but I don't know much about the game yet. I'd prefer one of the vet people.

Once I get down to you folks I'll be able to help out some. I'm figuring 2-3 days before I make it to Scarletwood.

Wishing you all the best with that zombie.

In other news, being a Scout means I get shit all experience. However, I stumbled upon a library and the books I have are occasionally giving me 1 xp! Woot! (only 15 days before I gain a level from reading books -.-)

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I got zombified. I will still try to shuffle toward scarlet to be revived.

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Arrrrghhhhh, so apparently you can not enter VHB or EHB buildings... I wasted 4 AP points b/c of not knowing that...

Edit: Hopefully I remember to check back in 30 minutes otherwise I will be a zombo.

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ok guys, a few tips:

You can search a place multiple times. It's the only way to find anything since the standard drop rate for items is like 15% in lighted buildings. I think. It's really low. Some items have higher or lower drop rates (first aid kits have had their drop rates lowered in most building types).

Zombies take 2 AP to move unless you grab Lurching Gate, which you all should, since dying is pretty much guaranteed at some point.

It seems that quite a few of us are moving south, to Scarletwood, since it's a relatively safe area with many resource building in close proximity with each other.

With Free Running, you have to find an enterable building first. Then you can move to adjacent buildings freely. There's a firefox addon on the first page that shows what a buildings barricade status is from adjacent tiles.

Yes combat sucks. But with all combat skill, pistols and shotguns get a 65% to hit, so keep working at it.

For those of us heading to Scarletwood, I suggest knocking out the barricade of the NT building (the one next to the graveyard) so we can get the brain-rotters revived, then fixing it back up to the highest enterable barricade status.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    For those of us heading south, should we continue on our own or meet up somewhere? I'm not sure whether it'd be beneficial to band together so soon.

Is there a spot in Scarletwood we're planning on meeting initially?

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I don't think a location has been picked out yet. Is anybody there currently who can scout us out a good spot? I will when I get there, but I'm a couple days out yet.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    SSM did you start out north too?

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    urahonky wrote: »
    ROFL one hit every half hour... maybe, then you miss... Ugh. I hope to wake up in 8 hours to get 16 swings at his ass.

e: Fuck, missed again.

Someone killed him, I dumped the body.

Arrath on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Hurray!

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Damnit! I waited 30 mins and someone reinforced the building I was outside of and now I can't get in.

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I now have 9 FAKS on 'Doctor' Greg Reinker; That's enough for 45 experience, provided I find some injured people.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I've been reading about the differences between Monroeville and Malton. Is Monroeville ever likely to be restarted/retried?

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I've been reading about the differences between Monroeville and Malton. Is Monroeville ever likely to be restarted/retried?
    I hope so. It sounds fun.

MegaMek on
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So guys, where are we meeting up? I just rolled a new human character.

Sceptre on
  • Options
    hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    add Leo McGuns, 1048979. He's in Tollyton. Should be down there eventually.

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I now have 4 alts.

I think I have a problem, guys.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    So, my zombie just ate a guy then desecrated his hide-out. Everyone should have a zombie character; they're fun :D

MegaMek on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh great, I was just killed by a player and I couldn't do anything about it.

Guess I have to shamble over to a graveyard?

Anyone near St. Rosalia's church in Scarletwood? I'm at the cemetery next door.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
This discussion has been closed.