As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hope & Hate (Ghostcrawler promised me a pony!)

EchoEcho ski-bapba-dapModerator mod
edited June 2009 in MMO Extravaganza
Open for suggestions!

Whee: got "Gonna go when the volcano blows" done in both 10 and 25 man now. That's so damn random to get as a tank.

Echo on

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    hate: I cannot fully enjoy my free month of Warhammer because I am working two jobs, essentially 7 days a week. :(:(:(

Jasconius on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Jasconius wrote: »
    hate: I cannot fully enjoy my * because I am working two jobs, essentially 7 days a week. :(:(:(

* Anything

Also, five hours per level from 70-80 is fucking bullshit, really.

815165 on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    on the plus side, it is only five hours from 70-71 and five hours from 79-80, rather than in TBC where it was an hour or two from 60-61 then five-six hours from 69-70

Dhalphir on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    815165 wrote: »
    hate: I cannot fully enjoy my * because I am working two jobs, essentially 7 days a week. :(:(:(

* Anything

Well it could be worse like the grind in the 50's in vanilla wow

I think I reached a new level of bordem because I leveled my mage from 70 to 72 just doing dailies

Brainleech on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Yeah, it's too quick, it's faster than TBC was. Quest content is the bees knees, and levelling is where you get it in spades. It's the best part of the game.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    There is nothing about being level 80 that diminishes questing in any way.

There's plenty of quests...if you envision doing no Northrend quests and doing all of them as a sliding scale, you hit 80 somewhere around the middle.

Thus, for people who enjoy questing, there's plenty to do after they hit 80, for those who don't enjoy questing, they get to be level 80 and enjoy endgame quicker.

Dhalphir on
  • KazakaKazaka Asleep Counting SheepRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm hyped about WAR but don't see myself actually playing it due to schedule constraints.

Kazaka on
  • AldarezAldarez Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dhalphir wrote: »

There's plenty of quests...if you envision doing no Northrend quests and doing all of them as a sliding scale, you hit 80 somewhere around the middle.

Thus, for people who enjoy questing, there's plenty to do after they hit 80, for those who don't enjoy questing, they get to be level 80 and enjoy endgame quicker.

I disagree. I love reading the quests and getting involved in the story in each zone, but I can only commit to doing them while my character progresses as a result. I try to go back and do zones after 80, but the feeling that I'm wasting time diminishes my enjoyment.

Aldarez on
    2188939-1.png
    edited March 2009
    Septus wrote: »
    Yeah, it's too quick, it's faster than TBC was. Quest content is the bees knees, and levelling is where you get it in spades. It's the best part of the game.
    I guess it's because I don't really enjoy solo content that poses zero challenge compared to the level cap group stuff where there's a chance I'll actually die. I think my point is....
    Brainleech wrote: »
    ...That after doing that bullshit (though I always felt the 40's were way worse because there was very little content per level back then to get you through; going 39-41 in the Badlands on lesser rock elementals sucked) why should we have to do even more of it?

I'd find it alot more fun if levelling via instances alone wasn't terrible xp/hour.

815165 on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

There's a progression that you'd miss out on. And if you did zero quests, and were 80, and went back to Borean Tundra, it would feel too trivial.

There's also no new talents to look forward to etc. Your total scope of progression becomes limited to replaceable gear.

And wow, the content of WoTLK is leaps and bounds beyond the 50s of vanilla WoW. Of course, I'd say that the first time I was doing the 50s in vanilla WoW was also quite fun.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
    edited March 2009
    That is a good point, there is basically zero chance of dying while questing unless you're totally retardedly reckless and pull massive amounts of mobs...there are very few truly challenging quests.

Dhalphir on
  • SoundwaveSoundwave Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    from the old thread
    KHAAAAN: Stupid UP refuses to drop the red sword of courage or the crit trinket.

We just ran it without you, both dropped and were sharded D:

Soundwave on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Brainleech wrote: »

* Anything

I think I reached a new level of bordem because I leveled my mage from 70 to 72 just doing dailies

Yeah the old 50's were horrible.

God.

Winterspring Yetis.

CLASSIC.

I only got to play for 1 hour today. Tomorrow? Probably not at all.

But.

At the end of it. I will be able to a totally awesome new computer.

Jasconius on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    unless you're totally retardedly reckless and pull massive amounts of mobs...
    I was guilty of this on many occasions. But I did it on purpose, just to see if I could come out on top.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • lifeincognitolifeincognito Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Love: The Beasts pulling my fat Tauren self through heroics a day after hitting 80 while I have lag, chugging graphics, and room mates who want me to explain what WoW is as I'm playing.

Hate: Room mates who ask me questions during about WoW while playing WoW.

lifeincognito on
    losers weepers. jawas keepers.
  • PsycharilPsycharil Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    =[: I think I've finally hit the last straw with WoW. Sitting here now at work, thinking about going home to play some WoW makes me want to stay here a little longer to avoid it.

Then I remember that I'm not forced to play it when I get home and omfg why did I just think about staying back at work?! =/

That seriously can't be right.

Psycharil on
    edited March 2009
    you have other things to play with than just WoW, expand your life

buy an ocarina! i'll sell you one

Dhalphir on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    HAAAAATE: we missed 6minute malygos by four seconds. Four seconds! It's so frustrating because at that point it could just as easily have been successful.

Happy: everyone seemed relatively upbeat about coming that close, so hopefully we'll get it next week.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • PsycharilPsycharil Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    you have other things to play with than just WoW, expand your life

buy an ocarina! i'll sell you one

Well yeah. I have a kitty of doom to get mauled by, places to go, LotrO to immerse myself in and endless console games to waste away my time with. I know there's heaps more to do, it's just I've been in the Work -> WoW -> Sleep -> Repeat mindset for almost 3 years. It's hard to get over.

Lulz. Ocarina. No thanks. 7 years of clarinet playing is enough for me.

Psycharil on
    edited March 2009
    OCARINA
    NAO

Dhalphir on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hooray, got my last PvP mount and I've reversed my monetary trend so I've starting making daily profit again (for a couple weeks I was in the red).

Opty on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2009
    I got two pieces of PvP gear today, which includes the vital helm complete with PvP-relevant gemming and enchant. I'm also half-way towards epic flying training for my Paladin alt.

On the other hand, I hate Wintergrasp and it has actually shown that the feeling is mutual. I have not received a parachute THREE times in one week when flying over the zone.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hope: We down Sarth +2 tonight with not a whole lot of wiping. I missed last week, and apparently had I been there, we would've done it (the PUGed warrior did something like 1k+ dps less than me).

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    you have other things to play with than just WoW

:winky:

Smasher on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Happy: Just got a brand new 22 inch wide screen monitor. Holy shit what a difference.

Annoyed: I really need to go through and update my add-ons. The last time I did that was a couple weeks after getting Wrath.

Seg on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ack. I need to get like 7 drops from heroics before my guild will let my rogue come to Naxx.
    :(

Rizzi on
    edited March 2009
    People run heroics? My plans for just running heroics as my end game kind of died when everyone else on my realms stopped running them. :(

815165 on
  • NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Happy: Pally hit 80 last night!! Now to work on replacing tank gear >.> Still wearing some trinkets and such since i am not getting luck a healing stuff, so i am about half healing half tanking.

Frownies: That I didn't pick up healing gear when i was prot...

Hope: Immortal tonight on my priest, then Maly 6 min after *fingers crossed* I -think- we gonna do some whip fests on maly tonight so every gets the Scion achievement, make sure our healers get a crack at it ^^.

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    People run heroics? My plans for just running heroics as my end game kind of died when everyone else on my realms stopped running them. :(

Yeah, I've noticed a giant decrease in my desire to run heroics. I mean, I dont mind them...its just I dont care anymore. Would be a nice easy way to farm some badges to get more T7 for my offsets (only have gloves for ret and pants for holy).

Happy: Formed a third kind of random Naxx10 group. The first one I left because of g-drama. Second one was a pug that I put together and never saw again. This one is working on a full clear of everything. 3 of the people there dont really need any gear from 10man...1 of them is a DK alt, and the others are just kind of there. We're going to be downing 4H and S+KT either tonight or Sun.

Hope: Eventually I can find a group to do Maly with. I've only attempted it one time, but that was like 3-4 weeks ago.

Hate: I usually just pug OS, so I really haven't seen a Sarth+1 or anything beyond. Going to need to work on that.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Aldarez wrote: »

I disagree. I love reading the quests and getting involved in the story in each zone, but I can only commit to doing them while my character progresses as a result. I try to go back and do zones after 80, but the feeling that I'm wasting time diminishes my enjoyment.

Lots of rep grind can be done via that. Assuming you haven't maxed it via the heroics. You can also see it as an alternate method of gold farming.

Thomamelas on
  • IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hate: My guild could use a few more fully-geared tanks for 25 man Ulduar, but two weeks of 10 and 25 man raids have yielded just about 0 tank gear.

Hope: Next week's IDs are loaded with stuff for me to bid on.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    [Hope]fully you will be [Happy] and not [Hate] us to death.

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • DrakenhawkDrakenhawk Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hate: The f#$%ing Hemmorging Circle WILL NOT DROP!
    Hatex2: My guild is getting burnt out on running Heroics
    Hatex3: Greedy Troll boss not dropping my ring!!!

Conflicted happy: I still get invited to pug's often enough to try for the stupid ring that WON'T DROP!!!

Drakenhawk on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah the old 50's were horrible.

God.

Winterspring Yetis.

CLASSIC.

I actually have nothing but positive memories of Winterspring yetis, because the first time I did those quests, I was on my druid, a LW/skinner, so those caves were just full of money. Same with my long hours spent grinding and skinning turtles on the beaches of the Hinterlands and Dustwallow. It's odd to think about now, how much you actually had to grind in earlier days because the quests would just dry up and you were still too low level to move to the next zone...

Thomamelas wrote: »
    Lots of rep grind can be done via that. Assuming you haven't maxed it via the heroics. You can also see it as an alternate method of gold farming.

Ooh that's actually what I forgot to mention in the HHH thread re: heroics. They need to change the old faction tabards to work the same as the WLK ones. I mean, I wish I could throw on a Thrallmar tabard and run 80 heroics to get exalted with the Outland dungeon factions I missed out on by rerolling.

Hope: My shaman gets to do alt/pug Naxx25 tonight. Usually it's been a mix of alts, mains who missed the regular guild run for the week, and random pugs. This week the other officers decided we'd do 20-man Naxx on Tuesday and everyone who missed it should show up for alt Naxx to do a second 20-man. But this means a lot less spots for alts, not to mention the poor puggers who go with us every week. Which is going to piss me off a lot if it means I can't go even though I finally have my alt to 80 and did so many alt Naxx runs on my main to help out.

riz on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    riz wrote: »

Ooh that's actually what I forgot to mention in the HHH thread re: heroics. They need to change the old faction tabards to work the same as the WLK ones. I mean, I wish I could throw on a Thrallmar tabard and run 80 heroics to get exalted with the Outland dungeon factions I missed out on by rerolling.

They would have the lower the faction requirement on that. And my inner elitest prick is kinda screaming about it. I did a ton of grinding to get my Consortium/Honor Hold/etc tabards. To see them switch to give away would be kind of annoying.

Thomamelas on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Happy: Earlier this week, my DK was dirt poor. Hovering around 100g, going down to almost nothing after buying those expensive ass skills each time she levels up. Then, I learned how to make Northrend Darkmoon Cards. Twelve cards, four of them Nobles. The first three sold, and even with buying herbs from the AH all willy nilly so I could keep making more cards, I'm close to 3k gold right now.

Sad: I wish I could've kept those cards and give the trinket either to the DK or my already 80 Hunter, but with a bunch of alts coming up and only one character, my mostly retired Druid, having an epic flyer, I need the gold more than a trinket.

reVerse on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well, to be fair I did all my grinding already, but on my warlock (and my druid, and my paladin, and my shaman...). No one's going to come grind Outland heroics with me on my priest now. And honestly I'M not going to either. I don't care enough about rep and quest achievements to do that to myself. But it would be nice as a side effect of doing heroics I'd probably be doing anyway.

riz on
    edited March 2009
    Well, to be fair I did all my grinding already, but on my warlock (and my druid, and my paladin, and my shaman...). No one's going to come grind Outland heroics with me on my priest now. And honestly I'M not going to either. I don't care enough about rep and quest achievements to do that to myself. But it would be nice as a side effect of doing heroics I'd probably be doing anyway.

I could see it working by setting exalted reps to the account. Get exalted on one character and all of your others get it with them. But I'm guessing it would be a huge PITA on the back end.

Thomamelas on
  • IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

I could see it working by setting exalted reps to the account. Get exalted on one character and all of your others get it with them. But I'm guessing it would be a huge PITA on the back end.
    Bind on Account rep tokens?

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    Iroh wrote: »

Bind on Account rep tokens?

That could work pretty brilliantly actually. Gold cost + required rep. The only potential problem I could see might be some of the TBC enchants and twinking. We could solve that by simply lining up all of the people who play twinks and conduct a proper decimation on them. And inform them that if we see any more twinking....we'll do it again. And again.

Thomamelas on
This discussion has been closed.