As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Urban Dead] "I Looted Caiger Mall and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt."

• MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm at the hotel nearest the graveyard. Out of AP now, but I have a syringe, so I can get you later today.

Also, this is as good a place as any to group up, the Bentley Hotel. To the south are some hospitals, police stations, and a warehouse all adjacent to each other, which will give us access to most resources in the game. And to the west is a cemetery and a NT building, so we can stock up on syringes and revive brain-rotted zombies.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'll head towards the hotel myself. If we go the knock down the NT barriers to get some of the zombie players revived, I'll work on that as I can.

EDIT: The radio freq for the 'hood is apparently 27.86

Bigity on
  • CapuanoCapuano Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Alright, Scarletwood it is. I'll be there by Friday most likely. -_-

Capuano on
    1372374-1.png
    Starcraft 2: jawaka.947
    edited March 2009
    The Bentley Hotel is EHB, noobs can't get in.

Draper Arms is to the SW, is lightly barricaded, and has 4 zombies outside. Whacking away now.

Bigity on
  • chasehatesbearschasehatesbears Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm right outside the Bentley Hotel right now, can't get in and I am infected :/ I'll look around for something secure.

I'm in Karnaus Row Fire Station, 72,88. It's VSB, right next to a hospital.

chasehatesbears on
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Sceptre wrote: »
    So guys, where are we meeting up? I just rolled a new human character.

Scarletwood

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2009
    Ok the Draper was a death trap I think, down to LB and 4 zombies outside, it should be VSB. I went to St. Rosalia's Church, which is VSB.

EDIT: There is also a lone zombie at the cemetary next door for some whack-a-way xp. Hope that's not any of you guys :D

Bigity on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Arrath I started moving south towards Scarletwood. I'm currently in Peppardville, located in the train station (can't tell which one as I'm out of AP, I'll let you know whenever). Be really careful as most of the things in Peppardville are barricaded so heavily that you can't get in anywhere. The train station I made it to (with 1 AP) was strongly barricaded so I was able to get in. Hopefully I'll be safe in here for a little bit.

urahonky on
    edited March 2009
    Ok, I'm about half way through my journey to Scarletwood. Currently chilling in Kinch Heights. So far I've managed to accumulate 4 fireaxes, a crowbar, a radio, and a First Aid Kit.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    How does my dude miss so much, the zombie is RIGHT THERE and a ZOMBIE. :cry:

riz on
    edited March 2009
    riz wrote: »
    How does my dude miss so much, the zombie is RIGHT THERE and a ZOMBIE. :cry:

I know how you feel. 25% chance to hit a zombie with a melee weapon!? WTF?

urahonky on
  • KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Playing a Doctor is pretty righteous, duders.

It's like man, I get to hide away in buildings and just heal people as they stop by and it's a guaranteed 5 xp per heal.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Damn this 160 click limit, does anyone know of any server proxies I may be able to use? :P

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
    edited March 2009
    The place is called Beele Boulevard Railway Station, Arrath.

urahonky on
    edited March 2009
    fmz65 wrote: »
    Damn this 160 click limit, does anyone know of any server proxies I may be able to use? :P

Look up proxy on google, first result has a huge list of them.

Also, did I mention if you just heal people you can't miss? It's pretty awesome.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yes but then you're just healing people and not hitting them in the face with an axe.

riz on
    edited March 2009
    But, but..

I like to heal people.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
    edited March 2009
    riz wrote: »
    Yes but then you're just healing people and not hitting them in the face with an axe.

/high-five

I'm a resto druid in WoW. I'm not being a healer when zombies are around.

Bigity on
  • JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So, who is on their way to Rolt Heights and who is on their way to Scarletwood?

Should everyone meet up and form a blob?

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
    edited March 2009
    I'm on my way to Scarletwood.

urahonky on
    edited March 2009
    JamesDM wrote: »

I've already moved to Scarletwood.

Bigity on
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    urahonky wrote: »

Awesome, I'll set out for it later today. How many AP did you begin your trip with?

Arrath on
    edited March 2009
    Arrath wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »

Awesome, I'll set out for it later today. How many AP did you begin your trip with?

16 I think. I have Free Running, but I feel off the first building, so yeah... You should be okay with about 20AP.

urahonky on
    edited March 2009
    Bigity wrote: »

Could you maybe scout out a temporary safehouse for all of us to live in? Once some of us have leveled and we get people with Construction we'll set up a permanent residence somewhere.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2009
    Hrrrrrn....Should I get my Doctor free running first so he can enter NT buildings before I get the appropriate NT skills?

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • CapuanoCapuano Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You can't exactly use the NT skills if you can't get into the buildings. I say free running first would be best, as it has several uses besides just getting into NT buildings.

Capuano on
    1372374-1.png
    Starcraft 2: jawaka.947
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm going to start making my way down to you guys by finding a safehouse ten or so steps away, thumping a zombie, sleeping a day, etc. I should be there in a week or so.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
    edited March 2009

Could you maybe scout out a temporary safehouse for all of us to live in? Once some of us have leveled and we get people with Construction we'll set up a permanent residence somewhere.

There are several VSB buildings around, but I dunno if they are 'claimed' or what. We'd probably have to get some people who can build and such if we wanted to claim our own.

Bigity on
    edited March 2009
    Hmm. This could be a problem. How long will a "loose" barricade hold out against what appears to be a decently leveled zombie? (He had 60 HP to start with.)

Darkewolfe on
    edited March 2009
    I guess the important question there is, can he open the door?

Bigity on
    edited March 2009

There are several VSB buildings around, but I dunno if they are 'claimed' or what. We'd probably have to get some people who can build and such if we wanted to claim our own.

Most places that are claimed you can't get into without free running. I'd be happy with a place reasonably barricaded that everyone can get into. Maybe my first level up will be spend on Construction instead of Hand to Hand. Then we can claim ourselves a spot.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2009
    As long as the zombie in question can't open the door, you should be fine.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
    edited March 2009
    Beele Boulevard Railway Station is still clear of all Zombies.

urahonky on
    edited March 2009
    A loose barricade still needs to be punched a few times before they even become able to open doors, right? Then he'd have to have enough AP to actually kill me, too. If I can make it three hours I can make it back to the next fire station, which has stronger barricades.

(It's totally worth it if I survive, though. This building let me play dress up and put on a gas mask and firefighter's jacket!)

Darkewolfe on
  • ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    A loose barricade still needs to be punched a few times before they even become able to open doors, right? Then he'd have to have enough AP to actually kill me, too. If I can make it three hours I can make it back to the next fire station, which has stronger barricades.

(It's totally worth it if I survive, though. This building let me play dress up and put on a gas mask and firefighter's jacket!)

Find a flamethrower, a fireaxe, and a shotgun and you're set for some TF2.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
    edited March 2009
    Got the fireaxe already. As long as I don't need to switch weapons no one will ever know.

Medic!

Darkewolfe on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Managed to make it to Edgecomb (think I can make it to Scarletwood by tomorrow) and finally found a pistol and a flak jacket (woot) after cruising through a pair of police stations. Can't hit worth shit but at least I have a weapon.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    edited March 2009
    Gonna need a shit load of ammo for that pistol if you want to kill anything.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yea, already found a pistol clip. Once I get settled I'll probably run through a few more police depos to get some more.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This reminds me that I don't search nearly often enough.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
This discussion has been closed.