As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Urban Dead] "I Looted Caiger Mall and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt."

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yep. There's a damn zombie inside my building. There's also two other players. There's a zombie outside, and a loose barricade on the door. It'll be two hours or so before I can make it to the next safehouse.

::crosses fingers::

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    St. Rosalia's church is broken into with a zombie about.

CRAP

5 APs to find a new place that I can get into.

Bigity on
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I didn't find one. There is way too many EHB buildings here.

Bigity on
  • MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I keep forgetting that a lot of you don't have free running. For those that don't, get it first.

I'm going to look around for some enterable buildings in the area. I hope y'all didn't kill the zed at the cemetery, I was going to revive him.

EDIT: OK, St. Rosalia's is enterable for now, so let's try to keep it that way. Guys, try to keep in mind that the cemetery next to it is a registered revive point.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I don't feel too compelled to get free running instead of hand to hand on my firefighter, because gaining xp is currently balls slow.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Bigity wrote: »
    St. Rosalia's church is broken into with a zombie about.

CRAP

5 APs to find a new place that I can get into.

I got it down to 19 or so when I loged in while someone else rebuilt the barracade.

(I'm Simon, BTW)

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I got him to 16, woo.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm Grath McGrath and Tubby Consumer
    Tubby is a zombie :(

I think I'm too impatient for this game I just want to play it for a few hours or something.

Grath on
    edited March 2009
    Septus wrote: »
    I don't feel too compelled to get free running instead of hand to hand on my firefighter, because gaining xp is currently balls slow.
    It'll be slower when you're dead.

MegaMek on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    MegaMek wrote: »
    Septus wrote: »
    It'll be slower when you're dead.

3 days now with a character I started as a zombie. Finally broke 20 experience today. So yes, leveling as a zombie seems really, really slow to me. And if you get killed as a zombie you have to spend 5 to 8 hours worth of APs just to stand up again. Once I died by Fire Axe, the second time some dude with a Shotgun killed me with a head shot. (10 AP to stand up after the Fire Axe, 15 AP to stand up after the head shot.)

Seg on
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, I wasn't being sarcastic at all or anything :P

On the plus side (if you're a zombie), high level zombies are stupid strong. Never need ammo, good hit chance, can self heal, and can smell injured survivors from a good distance.

MegaMek on
  • fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Damn this combat system, I used like 5 clips and 4 shells and only lowered a zombo's HP from 56 to 21

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
    edited March 2009
    Carry multiple weapons. I have, at any given time, 2-3 fully loaded shotguns and 3-4 pistols. Empty them, then retreat. Reloading in combat is usually a waste of time.

I just realized that buildings actually have interior descriptions now. I only remember seeing practical information, but the fluff descriptions are really nice.

MegaMek on
    edited March 2009
    So what you're saying is stay in a police hq until you get like 3 pistols and 4 shotguns? :P

Also what would you recommend for a fire fighter?

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I will personally fuck anyone up I meet putting barricades past VSB unless the building is taking heavy flak. I just ran down a line of 7 buildings all of them well over VSB... including 2 nightclubs and a library...
    WHY DO NIGHTCLUBS NEED TO BE HEAVILY BARRICADED?!?

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ok, Dartside is apparently getting raped with Zombies, so if anybody has to pass through there be careful.

I'm now in West Grayside, holed up in a hospital. Found another first aid kit.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2009
    JamesDM wrote: »
    WHY DO NIGHTCLUBS NEED TO BE HEAVILY BARRICADED?!?
    Zombies LOVE to boogie :P
    I'm not joking :|

MegaMek on
  • ColtColt .45 ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Could someone get down to Karnaus Row Fire Station and bring that up to VSB? I got a friend in there now who just started and it's only Lightly Barricaded.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Stupid people who don't follow barricade plans for an area barricade things past what they need to be barricaded.

VSB is plenty enough, unless there's an actual concentrated effort to bring down a building.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
    edited March 2009
    Kajusta wrote: »
    Stupid people who don't follow barricade plans for an area barricade things past what they need to be barricaded.

VSB is plenty enough, unless there's an actual concentrated effort to bring down a building.

I was about to point that out. Stick with the barricade plan before you start tearing stuff down.

Also, I'm almost there. Only had to run like hell past the Mall Tour. D:

If you started as a zombie, go hang with Mall Tour '09. Being with a horde is the easiest way to get EXP.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
    edited March 2009
    Things like NT buildings I can understand being barricaded past VHB, but a bar? Seriously?

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
    edited March 2009
    Things like NT buildings I can understand being barricaded past VHB, but a bar? Seriously?

It's not that important of a building to get into in the first place. There is (or should be) a VSB building every three steps anyway.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
    edited March 2009
    40% chance to hit with my Fire Axe now that I have hand to hand on my fireman.

Planning on taking free running next.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Looks like I'll be able to make it to Scarletwood by tomorrow if I just make a beeline and have plenty of AP left over.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Colt wrote: »
    If you started as a zombie, go hang with Mall Tour '09. Being with a horde is the easiest way to get EXP.

This is incredible. My Zombie is on his way to join up with these folks now.

Seg on
  • JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Colt wrote: »

It's not that important of a building to get into in the first place. There is (or should be) a VSB building every three steps anyway.

This.

This is a perfect example of proper safehouse planning. If everyone payed attention, I would not be dead with 8 revives, 2 spray cans and the rest of my portable revive point in my pocket. :(

I guess I'll use my deadness to make it down to Scraletwood.

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh, so, hey, I found my old character. Level 41 and still alive. He's in Woodroffe Mall in Tollyton, and stocked to beat in heads and make barricades, and do everything except revive people because of the skills. If I remember right, at least. I don't plan on using him too much, because that wouldn't be fun, but if anybody in the surrounding area needs a rescue (AKA, there's a zombie next to me in this building!) or needs a building barricaded up since they lack the skills/AP to do so, let me know.

If you need the profile and #, let me know, but I don't plan on playing him actively. Just more of a guardian type of role while we're mostly all still leveling up.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
    edited March 2009
    Nice, maybe you could just give us a little nudge in establishing a base.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
    edited March 2009
    Don't do it! You could just build the entire base! Instead, leave the threat of this thread ending in
    And that's how the Penny Arcade survivor group became Mall Tour '10

Darkewolfe on
    edited March 2009
    That would be fun tho. Of course, I really am a zombie lover at heart.

braaaaainssss

MegaMek on
    edited March 2009
    That would be fun tho. Of course, I really am a zombie lover at heart.

braaaaainssss

Exactly. That's why I'm saying they shouldn't drag in the uber leveled character. :P

Darkewolfe on
  • DockenDocken Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ok my name is Kordin and I am currently holed up in the Sever Building, wondering why the cop shop (and pretty much all of the buildings on the West Side) is EHB...?

Docken on
    edited March 2009
    Resource buildings usually stay EHB so that zombies can't break in and ransack them.

MegaMek on
  • DockenDocken Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Resource buildings usually stay EHB so that zombies can't break in and ransack them.

But, but... barricade plan?

Docken on
    edited March 2009
    Eh, a lot of people don't pay attention, or want to make sure they're safe for the night.

MegaMek on
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Any idea on group names?

Penny Arcadians
    We Are Nice Guys
    Div Worshipers

I dunno, I'm horrible at making names. Suggestions?

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2009
    Wang Warriors?
    Warriors of Wang?
    Wang Didn't Start the Fire?

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
    edited March 2009
    Wangs for the Poor?

MegaMek on
    edited March 2009
    Docken wrote: »

But, but... barricade plan?

When I get there I'm going to be running around enforcing that chart and brining hell to the people who keep over 'cading. Until then, just tear them down to VSB if you feel so inclined.

We should try to establish a radio frequency and send the link of the policy out to other people in the area.

EDIT: And I think we should be We Are Nice Guys, because I think that name is fucking brilliant already in EVE.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
    edited March 2009
    I have the radio operator skill, so I'll try to find a transmitter and set it up... somewhere. We need to claim a building.

EDIT: Oh, christ, I'm carrying 8 loaded handguns, no wonder I'm so encumbered :|

MegaMek on
This discussion has been closed.