As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SFII HDRemix: Your Shit is Going Get Kicked in the Fuck!

• Options
    JubehJubeh Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    God this netcode is so much better.

Why SF4? Why?

Still playing SF4 casuals online, and local, and at the arcade though. Maybe some ranked matches, but seriously.

Jubeh on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The only tihng I don't like about SFIVs netcode is the no blind pick and no multiplayer player match lobbies

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    JubehJubeh Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Those are lame, too, but it's the input lag that kills me.

Did you ever play Super Turbo off the Capcom collection? I think it had like 4 frames of input lag, but it was enough to make the game feel totally weird.

Jubeh on
  • Options
    CamuiCamui Sogekidan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So I tried playing hd after a good long time of playing sf4. It felt bad and like not the same game. It makes me sad.

Camui on
  • Options
    AlienCowThatMoosAlienCowThatMoos Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    The only tihng I don't like about SFIVs netcode is the no blind pick and no multiplayer player match lobbies

SFIV doesn't do blind picks? That's my favorite thing from any fighting game ever! I'm so freaking tired of watching people wait for me to pick first...... and then they pick Kilik anyway.

AlienCowThatMoos on
    SpidermanSig.jpg
  • Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    dav3yb wrote: »
    now all we need is some Marvel vs Capcom 2 HD, and all will be right in the universe.

...though I would certainly buy the shit out of any other 2d fighters they decide to awesomify in HD

haha... i forgot about that... we'll add it, as well as Capcom vs SNK 2 HD to that list as well. I suppose a guilty gear hd would be neat... but blazblue should cover that.

dav3yb on
    PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    SlayerVinSlayerVin Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Guilty Gear already uses hi-res sprites. The game is just not in 720/1080p. The art wouldn't have to change, so I imagine it would be a much quicker/easier transition than HDR. But like you said, BlazBlue will probably be their focus now that they've decided to turn Guilty Gear into an action/real-time strategy game. Yeah...

CvS2HD would be a monster of a project. We were actually just talking about the prospects of that and CvS3 over in the KoFXII thread.

SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Seeing as people are sad about the lack of HDR action due to SFIV, I'd like to repeat that when I'm online, I'm available for HDR fights. Even if I'm playing SFIV, send me an invite, and if I'm not playing against a friend or another PAer, I'll be glad to join a lobby and play some SF2.

GamerTag is DarnBlast. Let's fight some motherfucking streets later!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    House of PaincakesHouse of Paincakes Spokane, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I haven't noticed any input lag on SFIV but you guys are making me not want to go back and play HDR anymore lest I regret my $60 purchase. Visible character selection and lack of lobbies is the only thing that bugs me but hopefully these come with the free DLC in a few months.

House of Paincakes on
  • Options
    Zombie NirvanaZombie Nirvana Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Playing SF4 made me realize just how perfect this game is. Kind of like going back to Starcraft after playing the new crap and realizing they already made the perfect game of that genre. With that said, I really like SF4 because it is shiny and new.

Zombie Nirvana on
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    This game still has things that I'd like to change in order to balance. Longer arc on a jab shoryuken for instance. More priority on T.Hawk's uppercut. Less chip on E. Honda's hands or remove his forward thrust when doing it.

That sort of thing.

Meiz on
  • Options
    House of PaincakesHouse of Paincakes Spokane, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Meiz wrote: »
    This game still has things that I'd like to change in order to balance. Longer arc on a jab shoryuken for instance. More priority on T.Hawk's uppercut. Less chip on E. Honda's hands or remove his forward thrust when doing it.

That sort of thing.

This game could be balanced a million times over and people would still have issues with it.

House of Paincakes on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Due to the lack of interest in finishing the HD Remix tourney, I'm going to declare Taramoor the winner. Congrats bud!

Because there has been quite a bit of chatter about holding a SF4 tourney, I'm going to go ahead and get the ball rolling on it. What I'm going to do is create a separate thread for both games under a tourney style heading. The basic idea is that the one thread will be used to track tournaments for both games, while keeping discussions about the games in their own personal threads. I'm hoping that by putting both games in one thread, we will get players to participate in both games more often.

Once I create the thread, I'll post it up in both threads. I'm going to start with a standard 32 player, single elimination style tournament for both games. PM me now with requests for space if you want to play in either tourney. Rules and other info will be posted up with the thread, so please don't ask about anything right now.

I'm going to copy/paste this into the SF4 thread as well.

Look for the thread to appear soon. Thanks!

Edit: Go here! Tourney thread

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BonesNYCBonesNYC Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Woo, second place??

BonesNYC on
  • Options
    EmonkEmonk __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Ah the beauty of online fighting. Making me realize I'm not as good as I thought I was.

I'm a latecomer to the game, due in part to not having access to it until three weeks ago. I scratched and clawed my way to a 350 rating, only to be trounced in ten straight matches on Friday night before stopping. I knew I was facing a caliber of player I hadn't yet faced when I was getting thrown by Ken coming down from missed and blocked fierce dragon punches. I always go for the throw in that instance and my opponent was pulling it off on his way down every time. Never seen anything like it.

Emonk on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Welcome to the party. I imagine once everyone inevitably becomes bored with SF4 and comes back to HDR, things will pick back up here to the point that they were before D-Day.

Don't mind me, I'm just bitter that my Xbox RROD'd 4 days before SF4 shipped :x.

SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Don't take this as console snobbery or anything please, because I own a 360 and a PS3, but how the hell do you 360 people play with that godawful d-pad?

Emonk on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I bought a $60 joystick. Problem solved.

SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    If I had the money for a $60 joystick I probably would just use it to buy SF 4, but as it stands I can afford neither right now.

Emonk on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    There's actually a fairly simple mod you can make to the 360 dpad that supposedly makes it a bit better. Instructions can be found here. I just did the mod on Thursday night, but haven't had a chance to try it out since my Xbox is in Texas or some shit.

SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    i wish capcom vs snk 2 was backwards compatible w/ the 360... WHY THE FUCK IS IT NOT!!?!?!?!?!?/1

i want to play new fighting games... ive got some kind of disease since i started playing HDR.

dav3yb on
    PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    i wish capcom vs snk 2 was backwards compatible w/ the 360... WHY THE FUCK IS IT NOT!!?!?!?!?!?/1

i want to play new fighting games... ive got some kind of disease since i started playing HDR.

Well, King of Fighters XII comes out this year.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    In case you didn't know, the tournament has begun and the brackets have already been posted. Carry on.

Stop. Touney time!

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    SlayerVin wrote: »
    Guilty Gear already uses hi-res sprites. The game is just not in 720/1080p. The art wouldn't have to change, so I imagine it would be a much quicker/easier transition than HDR. But like you said, BlazBlue will probably be their focus now that they've decided to turn Guilty Gear into an action/real-time strategy game. Yeah...

Have you seen the comparison shot of Sol with Ragna?

They would definitely have to res-up the guilty gear characters. That means new sprites, unless they just do some sort of shitty resizing.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Hmmm..... yeah that's a good point. Displaying them in any resolution other than 640x480 wouldn't look great.

SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/jimmyrey/blog/2009/03/05/sfhd_remix_patch_details

if anyone is interested, here is a list of shit the patch will fix... no re-balancing just yet.

dav3yb on
  • Options
    The Grey GOATThe Grey GOAT Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Emonk wrote: »
    Don't take this as console snobbery or anything please, because I own a 360 and a PS3, but how the hell do you 360 people play with that godawful d-pad?

You pretty much have to get the joystick IMO. Without it, the 360 D-pad is shit. Got the last one on a walk

in at Fry's a week after the game came out, lucky me!!!

The Grey GOAT on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." -HST
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I was pimping the 360 D-Pad until I picked up a fightpad. Honestly, there was no other choice at the time. Now, I've got the pad and my stick should be arriving on Wednesday. w00t!

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

if anyone is interested, here is a list of shit the patch will fix... no re-balancing just yet.

fucking awesome.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I was pimping the 360 D-Pad until I picked up a fightpad. Honestly, there was no other choice at the time. Now, I've got the pad and my stick should be arriving on Wednesday. w00t!

What stick did you end up picking up?

Folken Fanel on
    Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ah_Pook wrote: »

fucking awesome.

No rebalancing? :(

I wanted a "we made E.Honda more tolerable to fight" patch.

solsovly on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

BEHOLD!

0001.jpg

The Madcatz Tournament Edition Arcade Stick. Wednesday can't get here fast enough.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited March 2009

BEHOLD!

0001.jpg

The Madcatz Tournament Edition Arcade Stick. Wednesday can't get here fast enough.

Awesome! I want a comprehensive review upon arrival. I got a... lets say... healthy... tax return and I might have to get one once they start making them again.

Folken Fanel on
    Characters I hate:

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    solsovly wrote: »

fucking awesome.

honda is fine. man up.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    El ExtremoEl Extremo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    solsovly wrote: »

fucking awesome.

honda is fine. man up.

That is the worst idea I have ever heard ever.

Me and Honda? We're like this.

El Extremo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Capcom to do more HD remixes?

http://www.edge-online.com/news/capcom-teases-more-hd-remixes

MvC2 is mentioned, though I am more excited by the possibility of CvS2.

but that is just becaue I suck at MvC.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Man I would love some CvS2 HD remix. MvC never really clicked for me.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    edited March 2009

All my dicks, etc.

Folken Fanel on
    Characters I hate:

• Options
    edited March 2009
    HDR patch is live!

get it and play more consistently! Now with less disconnects.

dav3yb on
  • Options
    RuffNiteRuffNite Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Capcom just released the patch. I've been playing for awhile and so far no disconnects, no music/lifebar glitches either. :^:

RuffNite on
    xbl: RuffNite