As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX 2009 PREREGISTRATION IS OPEN!

123457»

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Prereg, done.

Now to start shopping for flights once my tax refund comes in.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I need to shop for my flight too, but before this, I need to decide how long I want to be there. If I'm going all the way from Québec to Seattle, you bet I won't just come three days for the expo, I'll get myself some more days to visit the damn place.

Djiem on
  • Curse-TenCurse-Ten Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Man won't be able to register till the 20th seeing as my mother wants to wait till then (I have the tickets paid in my own money for good grades) but still, I'm terribly impaitent.

Also I guess I might be the only one not drinking, I'm underaged ;)

I had no idead preregistration was open for a long time. I thought it ended at the end of this moth or something but I was terribly terribly wrong.

Curse-Ten on
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    While preregistration is open for many months, but it used to be that the first few weeks was discounted somewhat. Not anymore it seems. Why, come to think of it, I remember when bread used to be 10 cents and PAX only cost $35 for three days... now get off my lawn, damn kids.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Limited tickets? I'm having a heart attack. There is no disaster greater than missing out on PAX.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Sumi wrote: »
    Limited tickets? I'm having a heart attack. There is no disaster greater than missing out on PAX.

Welcome back Sumi! I don't think the limit should warrant too much panic unless you tried to get tickets at the door. I'd imagine it would be higher that attended last year.

redhalo on
  • AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Im not sure if its limited overall tickets, or limited prereg tickets. I would try to get ahold of Moe or Khoo for verification.

Azazel on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Both. Well, that's the way it's done most of the time in a limited ticket scenario. You have a quota of presell tickets you sell, then you reserve another bunch for door sales, from which I remember makes up a considerable sum of PAX attendees - locals buying tickets at the door.

FyreWulff on
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm pretty sure I recall Khoo saying that at the rate they're selling now, they won't have any for at the door purchase.

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    But that would be silly.

FyreWulff on
  • AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It wouldn't really make sense to have tickets at the door when they could be to pre-reg.

Why risk locals who may or may not purchase tickets when you are guaranteed to have people who pre-register. People who will come in as tourists and contribute to the Seattle economy. Seems silly to deny people tickets.

Asiina on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    But that would be silly.

Assuming you could get a ticket at the door would be more silly.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    A lot of silly on this page.

Asiina on
    edited March 2009
    Asiina wrote: »
    A lot of silly on this page.

Not enough silly on this page...

Azazel on
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited March 2009
    silly.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    And now for something completely different.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    But that would be silly.

Not really, a presold ticket is a garunteed sale. If you hold tickets for the door, you run the risk of some not getting purchased. Wheras if you have some left over after presale, then you can try selling at the door.

redhalo on
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    redhalo wrote: »
    But that would be silly.

Not really, a presold ticket is a garunteed sale. If you hold tickets for the door, you run the risk of some not getting purchased. Wheras if you have some left over after presale, then you can try selling at the door.

One in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

Side note: who wants to have a pool on when the tickets are going to sell-out?

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • MandaristaMandarista Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So here's a dilemma:
    I won't know for sure if I can even have the days off until maybe (if I'm lucky) about a week beforehand, so I'm hesitant to pre-reg because, no offense intended, but if there are no refunds I'm not too excited about forking over $55 for something I'm not even attending.
    It may not be a large sum to some folks, but to me it is...

Are there any plans of keeping the website, or forums, or anything at all updated closer to PAX time showing how many tickets are left?
    Roughly or course.

If there was a way to tell if you guys have 10/100/1,000/whatever or so tickets left it'd be incredibly helpful, rather than spending half my cash on just getting there and finding out there was only 2 left when I barely got halfway there and they were sold not 2 seconds before I blew the rest on a hotel room....

Not everyone has guaranteed paid time off at their jobs ya know...
    Some people really do have to make last minute plans.

Or are you guys seriously not going to let anyone in at the doors?
    That just seems... Wrong somehow...
    *sniffle*
    You guys make me sad :cry:

Mandarista on
    Screw Frodo..... TASSLEHOFF LIVES!
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The limited attendance thing is more the WSCTCs deal than PAX.

I know khoo & co want to keep PAX open to as many people as possible, but PAX has to work around limitations from the only place in the PNW that can house its greatness.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Mandarista wrote: »
    So here's a dilemma:
    I won't know for sure if I can even have the days off until maybe (if I'm lucky) about a week beforehand, so I'm hesitant to pre-reg because, no offense intended, but if there are no refunds I'm not too excited about forking over $55 for something I'm not even attending.

Well, given that it's limited attendance, I'd say if you bought one and couldn't make it you'd be guaranteed to be able to sell it on. For cost, of course.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    We need to resolve this problem by reserving the entire downtown Seattle area next year. The WSCTC can become the tabletop gaming building, exhibitors will be given street corners upon which to set up their booths (buildings/city blocks available upon request for an additional fee), and we'll use Qwest field for concerts, QA sessions, and the Omegathon final round.

We can make this happen, right? ;)=)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    No, no, no, no. Safeco will be the main theater, with the satellite theaters occupying Pioneer Square; Qwest will have the console and PC freeplay areas, and BYOC will have the Qwest Events Center.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ah, you're right! I also think we should rent out the major taxi companies in the city to serve as event shuttles. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ah, you're right! I also think we should rent out the major taxi companies in the city to serve as event shuttles. =)

or... we could just rent Shuttle buses.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Shuttle Express has a pretty good fleet.

faits on
    faits.png
    edited March 2009
    Wait you mean they wont have teleportation devices out by next year? What is happening to R&D these days...

Azazel on
    edited March 2009
    How are we going to incoporate the Space Needle?

Curse-Ten on
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The final round of the Omegathon will be held on the rooftop of the Space Needle- A no-holds-barred fight to the death with only game controllers allowed as weapons

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I dunno if that tops Vs Excite Bike though.

faits on
    faits.png
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Or build a giant Fruit Fucker Prime around the Space Needle (using the top as the antenna), to show the non-believers that we mean business.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    edited March 2009
    I say winner gets everything in the losers pockets BEFORE he gets shoved off the space needle. you know, make it a little more risky for players ;)

Curse-Ten on
  • sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    proXimity wrote: »
    The final round of the Omegathon will be held on the rooftop of the Space Needle- A no-holds-barred fight to the death with only game controllers allowed as weapons

I call wiimote with nunchuck!

sum10fishy on
    edited March 2009
    I call the Xbox controller, one hit with that thing and your down for good. Also I got my tickets preregistered so happy days for me!

Curse-Ten on
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    faits wrote: »
    I dunno if that tops Vs Excite Bike though.

Vs Excite Bike was a good final choice. But it was a pretty boring overall final.

parabola on
  • HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Nothing can beat the year they did 'Combat'.

Highfire on
  • MandaristaMandarista Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    For the record, I've also recruited a few last minute possible attendees.
    They work at the same employer I do, so they won't know for sure if they can attend either until perhaps a week at most beforehand.

Are you guys seriously going to leave all the last minute attendees in limbo, or are there at least going to be some tickets saved for at the door purchases?

Some info now would be helpful...

Mandarista on
    Screw Frodo..... TASSLEHOFF LIVES!
  • heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I highly suggest preregistering.

heels on
    < devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • geeeeoffffgeeeeoffff Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    okay, i bit, preregistered way earlier than i planned to.

i'm curious though. can we have a daily(or even weekly) update on how many passes remain?

geeeeoffff on
    GD on paforums
This discussion has been closed.