As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hotels are Live!

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2007
    They put a hold on your card when you check in and they finalize the charge when you check out.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Sl1pstreamSl1pstream [E] BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Thanks.

It's just that the limit on my cc is pretty low (since I know myself and spending) and my flight took up most of that limit.

I guess I'll book my hotel then.

Sl1pstream on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    RESERVATION GET.

Room with 2 double beds at the Shearton. I'm splitting it with my buddy and as someone stated earlier, there were only rooms with a single bed left at the Crowne. At least we'll have a fridge to keep our Bawls cold.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yeah the fridge at the Sheraton is wroth the extra money :D

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Big GuyBig Guy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    crap, I didn't even think about a fridge. The Crowne doesn't have them huh? The fridge/freezer at the Extended Stay America last year was really handy for keeping the booze cold. It also allowed for the about 75 jello shots that we made. Hmm, someone at the sheraton better be making some jello shots this year, or at least let me keep my Jaeger in their freezer...

Big Guy on
    Survivor of PAX '06 (BALL!), PAX '07 (Don't be a Dick), PAX '08 (Bad Horse), PAX '09 (H1Nerd1), PAX '10
  • PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hotel room reserved at the Sheraton now. 23rd to 26th. Already filled. :D

I'll hold off on reserving a second, if at all.

Polago on
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Wha? ? allready filled? :(

Viscountalpha on
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Our room is filled, not the entire hotel

Cheer up! :)

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I just fear, I'll miss my chance at the sheraton because im looking at all possible options right now.

Viscountalpha on
  • jennygjennyg Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    wow. I tried the links on the PAX site for hotels and both of them are telling me there's no rooms available. I guess I'll have to call and see exactly what the deal is, but goodness sakes, that info was only posted on Monday... snooze, lose, etc., apparently.

Really didn't want to have to commuter-con it this year, but I don't particularly want to pay out the nose, either. :\

jennyg on
  • AnexkahnAnexkahn Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I just talked to reservations at the shereton when my online reservation wouldn't go through. It looks like the block for Thursday is sold out, but friday & saturday still have space.

I was able to book thursday at the AAA rate which is only 5$ more and they said to cancel the thursday reservation and extend the Friday / Saturday one if they are able to open up the thursday block any more.

Anexkahn on
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited February 2007
    We are going to bump up the block tomorrow hopefully. Thanks guys. :)

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hah, I bet those skeptics in hotel management aren't so skeptical now.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • mythicknightmythicknight Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    :O I'm not sure whether to reserve now or later, when theres (hopefully) more options..

mythicknight on
    And then she exploded...
  • AnexkahnAnexkahn Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    :O I'm not sure whether to reserve now or later, when theres (hopefully) more options..

Reserve now. You can always cancel up to 24 hours before date of arrival if you find a better option.

Anexkahn on
    edited February 2007
    For the Crowne Plaza, you have to cancel three days in advance or they'll charge the first night to your card.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    It's far safer to reserve now than scavenger rush later.

b0wser on
    edited February 2007
    I have my reservation now and it looks to be for a full nights , getting there on the 23rd and leaving the 27th. looks to be 200$ a night :/ If only we could rent the whole hotel and be done with it :P

Viscountalpha on
    edited February 2007
    $200? I hope you got a suite for that price.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    did you get a room at the Sheraton and say you had 4 people staying in it? lol

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited February 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »
    $200? I hope you got a suite for that price.

Nah its the 165$ cost with estimated taxes. And yes its the sheraton. The room is supposed to be 234 sq feet. I think that should be enough. 23.4ft by 10ft if I estimate correctly. Depends on the layout but I think it will be enough.

*ninja edit for avenrosh*

Ya, I wish I had a suite for pax. oh well. I may have a nice suit though instead :P

Viscountalpha on
  • AvenroshAvenrosh Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Just got off the phone with the Sheraton. I was able to get a room with two beds from Aug 23rd to 27th at the PAX rate... When I checked last week both hotels seemed to be booked, or at least had all the PAX rooms booked. Anyone who was still looking for a room should try calling them again.

I missed Khoo's post... Thanks Khoo!

Oh man, no ninja edits anymore?

Avenrosh on
  • QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Last week I told my friend that the hotels were announced. He had no idea. So he went ahead and booked 4 rooms at the Sheraton. He cracked up when he was on hold and heard:

"At the Sheraton, you don't just stay; You BELONG"

QuizMaster on
  • b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    four rooms? hot damn, that's a pretty penny. all for one full group, or just holding onto them until later?

b0wser on
  • QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    For a group of people. He figured he'd want a room for him and his wife, his friend would want one for him and his girlfriend, I'd want a room for myself plus one, etc. We should easily be able to fill four rooms. But he thought it would be a good idea to get them all in the same area.

QuizMaster on
  • JondarJondar Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    lol anyone else gonna just sleep in their car?

Jondar on
  • jabbilabbijabbilabbi Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Moe_Fwacky, isn't the Sheraton much better because its literally right accross the street from the center and it has a pool?

jabbilabbi on
    edited March 2007
    It also costs more, it really depends what you want.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• TomExMachinaTomExMachina Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    i really want it to be august.

TomExMachina on
    edited March 2007
    I want a pony.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Heeey I asked first!

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
    edited March 2007
    And I asked last. LIFO, so piss off.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Jondar wrote: »
    dude, until my car broke down last week, i was sleeping in my car for about 3 weeks. even though the laptop and all the video games make it a bit more liveable, it's still a crappy way to go. and seattle cops are dicks, they will bust your ass wide open (in more than one way!) any chance they get if they catch you sleeping in your car. only thing i can recommend if you're gonna do that: find one of the free parking structures down off first ave (there are a couple, one is by club trinity), and park back in the corner. cops don't come in there, although some "other" people do. No good options any way you go, really.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    dude, until my car broke down last week, i was sleeping in my car for about 3 weeks. even though the laptop and all the video games make it a bit more liveable, it's still a crappy way to go. and seattle cops are dicks, they will bust your ass wide open (in more than one way!) any chance they get if they catch you sleeping in your car. only thing i can recommend if you're gonna do that: find one of the free parking structures down off first ave (there are a couple, one is by club trinity), and park back in the corner. cops don't come in there, although some "other" people do. No good options any way you go, really.

Not that I've ever had to live in my car for more than a couple days, but if I did, I'd definitely check out The Survival Guide to Homelessness, particularly the section on the car cover.

Very good tips on your rights, where to park, and how to deal with the cops.

That said, I'm booking a hotel.

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    slacktron wrote: »
    dyaballikl wrote: »

Not that I've ever had to live in my car for more than a couple days, but if I did, I'd definitely check out The Survival Guide to Homelessness, particularly the section on the car cover.

Very good tips on your rights, where to park, and how to deal with the cops.

That said, I'm booking a hotel.

nice, that may come in handy for me soon!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    i had to sleep in my car once . . . . i left my house without my keys it 11:30 at night. . . . locksmith wanted $80 . . . i had no cash and for some odd reason the bank never activated my new atm card even though i called and sopposidly activated it over the phone. there was nothing left to do but crawl into my car and sleep until the bank opened. luckily i had my plastic spare key from AAA. The car was in the driveway and no one bothered me while i slept.

It was the night before I left for PAX 06 too.

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • NikolisNikolis Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Me and Citrus booked a room at the Sheraton for the nights of August 24th and 25th, checking out at noon on the 26th. This is mostly because of budget and the fact I will have classes started up by then. We are flying out of Indianapolis, so its about a 7 hour flight with a stop in Chicago. My question is, since we will be getting to Seattle at around 10am on Friday and will be leaving sometime afternoon on Sunday (We plan on checking out, and going to PAX for a few hours, since we will only be packing backpacks) will we be missing out on much? Since this is going to run us about 700 dollars each just for flight and hotel room, wanted to make sure we get the best out of our trip.

Nikolis on
    Nklus.png
  • de4dmeta1de4dmeta1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Nikolis wrote: »
    Me and Citrus booked a room at the Sheraton for the nights of August 24th and 25th, checking out at noon on the 26th. This is mostly because of budget and the fact I will have classes started up by then. We are flying out of Indianapolis, so its about a 7 hour flight with a stop in Chicago. My question is, since we will be getting to Seattle at around 10am on Friday and will be leaving sometime afternoon on Sunday (We plan on checking out, and going to PAX for a few hours, since we will only be packing backpacks) will we be missing out on much? Since this is going to run us about 700 dollars each just for flight and hotel room, wanted to make sure we get the best out of our trip.

All you are going to miss is the honour and glory of waiting outside the WSCTC for 24 hours to be the first nerds inside. Other stuff, you should be game, but I recommend getting in line right after you check into your hotel is you absolutely need to get in quickly.

Not that you will.

de4dmeta1 on
    edited March 2007
    Nikolis wrote: »
    so, you'll just be missing part of sunday? well, the second half of pax sundays tend to be a bit of a sad, mopey drag. sure, i wouldn't trade a pax sunday for any other day of the year, other than pax friday and saturday, but comparatively, it's pretty slow. everybody's worn out from God only knows what, and probably the biggest event of the day is the final round of the omegathon, which, if you're not in it, probably doesn't excite you too much around that time. so, to answer your question, I'D never miss it, but you probably won't mind.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • pjarvipjarvi Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Booked at the Sheraton 23-26. Too expensive to stay through Monday. I was planning on making a side trip through Oregon, so I'll just hit the road early and find someplace down there.

Is there anyplace with free wifi near the convention center or the Sheraton? Although $10 a night isn't bad, I would rather surf for free and spend the $10 on a meal or drinks.

pjarvi on
This discussion has been closed.