As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Monitor doing odd things

DarmakDarmak RAGEvympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
I'm not sure when it started doing this but I don't recall ever seeing it until after I installed Windows 7 on this machine, but just about everything on my screen has an afterimage that extends out to the right. Here's an example:
lolwut-3.png

It's not really a big problem but I just didn't know why it was doing this and thought I'd ask you guys instead of H/A since it's more of a technical question.

JtgVX0H.png
Darmak on

• Options
    exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The highlighted area in your screenshot is blank white space.

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Really? You don't see the afterimage? Well shit, I guess it really is my monitor then because it shows up for me.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    JelloblimpJelloblimp Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Completely white/blank here too.

Jelloblimp on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    nefyavenefyave Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    completely white here also...

:^: for listening to Finntroll :P

nefyave on
    bannerpa.jpg
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Darmak wrote: »
    I'm not sure when it started doing this but I don't recall ever seeing it until after I installed Windows 7 on this machine, but just about everything on my screen has an afterimage that extends out to the right. Here's an example:
    lolwut-3.png

It's not really a big problem but I just didn't know why it was doing this and thought I'd ask you guys instead of H/A since it's more of a technical question.

Take a camera image of it, screen grabbing won't help at all. Your screen might be dying. is it a CRT? LCD? how old?

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Actually it turns out it was just my monitor's connection was loose, my roommate noticed it and pushed it back in and everything disappeared. :oops:

I'll get a mod to lock this thread now that it's been solved.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
This discussion has been closed.