As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAXsassins

• LogicLBLogicLB Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    try this one on

paxsassins3.jpg

I'm making these to try and find a good theme for the website for central intelligence.

LogicLB on
    renton_tracks.jpg
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited April 2005
    That one would be great on a shirt.

DJ Eebs on
    edited April 2005
    Ack... server died on me so pics on above posts are not working. I'll get the pictures going agian tomorrow.

edit- pics working agian

LogicLB on
    renton_tracks.jpg
  • NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    okay, i want the b&w one to be on the site.

Nephirij on
  • super...super... __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2005
    so can I use my watch as a cod piece?

super... on
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    So long as you

1) Wear it outside your clothing. All of your clothing.

2) Swear off any objections to random people grabbing at your crotch.

3) Are over eighteen.

Then yes.

Oh yeah, and Logic, do you have the PSDs of those logos?

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
    edited April 2005
    Heres the PSD for the Black and White one

http://www.careinitiatives.org/userdocs/paxsassins3.psd

LogicLB on
    renton_tracks.jpg
  • kolekole Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    i'm in like flynn

what happens if you kill the wrong person? since we all don't know each other, some people might look the same. do we just ignore the kill, turn around and walk away?

but, we do need someone to track everything and everyone. how about we all meet up day 1 and and exchange watches. the only way to enter is to come to PAX with the watch printed out and your name and picture on the back. we throw them all in a bag and all pick a watch. then, we wait 4 hours and then the game can begins.

this will be fun if we can pull it off.

kole on
    edited April 2005
    ok...

thinking about it more, i don't think the watch thing is going to work. why? cause if my 1st target in the bathroom taking his dear old time playing his PSP, some crazed 14 year old hopped up on a case of Bawls is going to run around and get all the watches.

i don't think we should have anything visible showing we are playing. not knowing who is playing would only accelerate the excitement. instead, we should all print out our pictures and put a code word on the back. and when you think you found your target, you say that code word to confirm the target. then you get the kill by simply putting a hand on the person.

kole on
    edited April 2005
    since when do we have to be 18?

Nephirij on
  • CATSCATS Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    some crazed 14 year old hopped up on a case of Bawls is going to run around and get all the watches

I thought the whole point was that you can only kill your target - nobody else. If this is the case, a watch with a picture of your target stuck on the back sounds perfect to me... am I just confused?

CATS on
    edited April 2005
    no, i was just saying some speed freak would rush around, find his target, then the next, then the next. its not to hard to see who is wearing the watches and remember them.

if we don't have any thing marking us, it would make the game last.

kole on
    edited April 2005
    but if we didn't have anything marking us it could become way too difficult to keep the game going at a good pace. Besides, it not too hard to fend off the 14 year olds, is it?

CATS on
    edited April 2005
    Exactly. If the bawls-crazed 14-year-old gets all the watches from all these 20-ups, he deserved them. Oh, and you have to be 18 because I don't want my players getting in trouble for grabbing at the crotch of a minor to get their watch.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    edited April 2005
    maybe there should be a rule that if anybody under age hides a watch in their crotch they're kicked or something.

edit: come to think of it, though, I don't want to have to grab too fervently at anybody's crotch for a watch.

CATS on
    edited April 2005
    you have to be 18 because I don't want my players getting in trouble for grabbing at the crotch of a minor to get their watch.

thats bull. i wanna play and if im stupid enough to hide the watch in my crotch im sure as hell not gonna get mad for my assassin grabbin for it. most people who are going are older and more mature than that anyways and if you do have a problem with that, then make a rule against it.

Nephirij on
  • Ezekiel Zelias ChaosEzekiel Zelias Chaos Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    My friends and I have an eternal game of Ninja going on.
    In this game, the victor gets to assassinate his/her victim,
    The loser, humiliation.

However, the joy of being a prey is being able to Punch the attacker if you are able to catch him/her in the act.

Stealth kills are non-violent: Imitating an action involving the blood vessels of an opponent being shattered/cut (Slicing a neck, slicing of the torso, snapping the neck[Read: Not Seriously]).

Getting punched can be as bad as thinking your prey does not suspect a thing: If you are in proximity, they can lash out at you.
    However,
    If you are discovered when not in immediate arm's length, you may not be punched.

Punching someone feels pretty good, but getting a successful stealth kill on someone is even better.

This game is a little too involved for PAX, but I was compelled to indulge in my own ideas anyway....

As far as playing the game mentioned in the rest of this thread: I concur.

Just think, in a few months, all of your(you, the [participant who reads this) watches will be all mine! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ezekiel Zelias Chaos on
    heh heh heh
    enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    edited April 2005
    Nephrij: You might not, but I cannot say the same for other participants, and if someone wants to make a huge hissyfit about it, that's one more piece of ammo for them.

On the other hand, I don't know you, but neither Gabe nor Tycho is ever seen wearing The Watch on their nether regions, so let's just say it right out:
    The Rules wrote:
    No Watches On The Wang Area

And under 18's fine.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited April 2005
    And under 18's fine.

thank you so much.

Nephirij on
    edited April 2005
    so... are we all just going to try meeting up on the first day when we get there or what? How will we all end up with a watch?

CATS on
    edited April 2005
    Printable PDF.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    Nephirij wrote:
    And under 18's fine.

thank you so much.

sweet, I want in :D

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
    edited April 2005
    paxsassins2.jpg
    The "In" Crowd:

Geebs - mebbe
    protagonista
    Andwarf
    Samllady
    Raiden333
    Drakenul
    CATS
    Nephirij - In all likelihood
    NinjaKirby
    kole
    Doodmann
    tmonkey
    I'm organizing, and won't be playing.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • tmonkeytmonkey Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    Sign me up!

tmonkey on
    edited April 2005
    Done

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited April 2005
    I can't guarantee that I'll participate because I can't guarantee that I'm even going to PAX yet.

DJ Eebs on
    edited April 2005
    Italicized!

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited April 2005
    me too, but i should be going. :shock:

Nephirij on
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2005
    *sigh* K.I.S.S.

Keep It Simple Silly

Just have it where everyone in the game can attack everyone else. it will go much shorter. as well as you can possibly get 2 or even 3 rounds in.
    a marking of a hat or a button or something. Dont make it too complex or add too many rules. too fast? oh well, way it goes.

Viscountalpha on
    edited April 2005
    I think keeping it that simple would take away from the intensity of the game, but maybe thats just me. The whole point is that this thing is more involved than that, isn't it?

CATS on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    Yeah, I like the idea of being forced to hunt rather then it being a giant death match. Maybe if we have time we can play a round of free for all on Sunday or something.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited April 2005
    Don't worry. No FFA will take place. The thing is, I want people to be able to enjoy PAX without being too absorbed in protecting themselves. To that end, I propose the following as 'no kill' zones:

-Anywhere outside the Mydenbauer
    -The theatres
    -While the target is actively gaming. This is defined as controlling an active console, computer or arcade device. Handheld games are excluded, so running around clutching your GBA/PSP isn't going to save you.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • tmonkeytmonkey Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    Hmm, maybe the gaming should be limited to tournaments and omegathon events. Free-Play gaming could be concidered a fair area, since there will be people who might be able to avoid any attack simply by playing games all day long.

tmonkey on
    edited April 2005
    Hey, if they want to miss the best of PAX just to keep some stupid cardboard watch on their wrist, that's up to them.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited April 2005
    Technically, activly gaming would end when they finish a round of gaming such as an end of game in halo. then you could be standing behind them and yoink it from them, couldn't you? i mean, they arent playing.

and also, would actively playing include tabletop gaming, because i am going to be doing some of that.

Nephirij on
    edited April 2005
    Yeah, between rounds is fair game, except in tournaments, during which contestants are always safe.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited April 2005
    so, what is the answer to the second question?

Nephirij on
    edited April 2005
    I dunno. What do you say?

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    edited April 2005
    it should, because it takes your full attention during that, and you can't protect yourself. i also know of a few other people who might be playing that will be tabletop gaming.

Nephirij on
  • TheresaTheresa Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    Is there a website yet?

Do you need help creating a website? I'm willing to support the cause.

I'd like to see the up-to-date official rules and stuff. This sounds super fun!

Theresa on