As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game On] Kingdoms of Phallacia - Day 4 (There is no Day 3)

Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C ERegistered User regular
edited March 2007 in Critical Failures
“Stupid girls,” Corin mumbled to himself as he swept the corridor. Honestly, he just wanted to look at the sword. It wasn’t like he was going to take it down or anything. Well okay, maybe for a little while, but it wasn’t going to do any harm. Then Lani had to ruin everything by telling on him. Now he was stuck cleaning for the rest of the day while all his friends were out swimming. It just wasn’t fair. Next time he saw Lani, he was going to make sure to give her hair a good tug…

“…ou sure we can trust him?”

Corin stopped sweeping and stood perfectly still. It sounded like whispers were coming from the alcove up ahead. He glanced around him, and seeing nobody, silently crept closer to the source of the voice.

“As much as we can trust anyone at this point”

“I suppose. Still, I don’t like it. With every person we add, we endanger our plan that much more.”

“True. Alternatively, however, the more we convince to join us, the fewer councillors remain to thwart us.”

Councillors? Thwarting a plan? This sounded awfully suspicious. Corin looked around again to make sure Trella wasn’t there to catch him slacking off, then slowly peeked around the corner. He saw two men in hooded cloaks standing in the shadows. One was a bit taller than the other, but other than that, there was little else he could make out. Except….

The shorter man shifted his position a bit, and his cloak flared open briefly to reveal two silver pins on his collar, like a circle with a cross in the middle. Corin ducked back behind the corner with a gasp. These men were councillors! Were the rumors true? Could there really be people plotting to overthrow the Council? Something had to be done! He had to tell someone! He had to--

A hand came down on his shoulder, and he barely kept himself from screaming. A soft voice whispered into his ear.

“What are you hiding from, my son?”

Corin turned around to see a man with a gentle smile, as well as the pins of a councillor.

“Sir! Sir! There are these two guys around the corner I think they’re councillors and they’re talking about betraying the Council and I think they’re trying to get more people and what if the rumors are true we have to do something we have to--“

“Sshhhhh.” The man put his finger to his lips and looked at the boy sternly. “Now, that’s a very serious accusation to make. You’ll be in serious trouble if you’re lying. Are you lying?”

Corin shook his head silently.

“All right, well let’s see what we can do about it.” The man stood up and, putting his hands on Corin’s shoulders, led him into the alcove.

“Gentlemen! I have here a boy who claims to have overheard you conversing about a plot to overthrow the Council. Is this true?”

The men looked startled, then the taller man smiled unctuously and said, “Of course not, he must be mistaken.”

The man behind Corin looked down at him and said “Are you mistaken boy? Do you stand by your statement?” Corin looked down at the ground and mumbled “Yes sir, I know what I heard.”

“Well, gentlemen? What do you have to say?”

The taller man shrugged his shoulders. “Clearly the boy is lying.”

Corin looked up sharply, and the man behind him shook his head. “I’m very disappointed in you, boy. I don’t appreciate being lied to. Now you must be punished.” His hand came around and covered Corin’s mouth before he could protest.

“Yes,” said the tall man, as he drew a sharp dagger from his cloak. “Liars must be punished…”

vRyue2p.png
Hi I'm Vee! on

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Phalla Day 1

So I decided to start early, since I have errand to run tonight and I'm not sure when I'll be back. The game starts now; the first vote will end tomorrow (Friday) at 7pm PST (9pm central, 10pm EST).

A few additional rules:

To vote for someone, type I !vote visiblehowl
    To retract a vote for someone, type I !retract my vote for visiblehowl.

Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES are you to share your role PM publicly. If you wish to exchange role PMs privately, that's fine. You may, if you wish, publicly claim to be any role, real or otherwise, as long as you don't post your PM.

The players will not be made aware of all of the mechanics of the game. However, there will be clues in the narration. What you do know is this:

Every night, you may vote on who you want to be arrested and executed. Each person gets one vote per night. The bad guys here are the "rogue councillors". You don’t know how many of them there are, or what they can do. The "good guys" include the regular councillors as well as a vigilante, a seer, and a guardian. All roles have been chosen completely randomly.

When someone is executed, you will be informed as to whether they are a rogue councillor or not. You will not be explicitly informed if the victim is a special of another sort; however, clues in the narration may indicate their role.

No screen-caps are allowed, no alts, no form of anonymous messaging whatsoever. Don’t take any information from the dead, and don’t give any information to the dead.

The regular councillor PM is as follows:
    Congratulations on your election! You're just a regular ol' councillor, one of many chosen to help lead the Phallacian continent. You may not have any special connections or contacts, but you do have a strong sense of loyalty towards your country and a deep faith in the democratic system. Your goal is to eliminate the council members who are plotting to destroy the council and assume power for themselves. Good luck and God speed!

Any and all PMs regarding special abilities must be sent to me, visiblehowl, before voting closes. Any PMs received afterwards will be disregarded for that night. If you have any questions, go ahead and shoot me a PM.

Have at it, folks!

Edit: You guys don't have to be in character for this game. Just talk as regular forum members.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    This is the list of players. I will update this with who has died and how, and possibly links to each day's narration.

1. Abysmal Lynx: executed; rogue councillor
    2. AcidSerra: Vigilanted; rogue councillor
    3. ArrBeeBee
    4. Cantide: executed; innocent
    5. DarkPrimus
    6. GrimmyTOA: executed; innocent
    7. jdarksun: executed; innocent
    8. Lord Cecil Eaglelaser: killed by rogue councillors; innocent
    9. Navoc
    10. precisionk: executed; innocent (but crazy)
    11. PsychoLarry1
    12. Shamus: rectally violated by ornamental blade; innocent
    13. Smasher
    14. Squashua: executed; rogue councillor
    15. Supersuga: vigilanted; innocent
    16. TehSpectre: killed by rogue councillors; rogue councillor
    17. thorgot: vigilanted; innocent

End of Day 1
    End of Day 2
    End of Day 3

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    LF16M KoP lvl 1 Cnclr

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    "Yea verily, I doth await yon councilmembers be sitith down at this meeting and shall they..." WTF. Who wrote this weird note I just found at the councilmeeting? Hmm, that's what I get for getting here early.

Guess I'll leave for now and go get me an espresso before the others arrive. Nothing like being all hopped-up on caffiene for a good debate.

Doot doot doot

*leaves*

Squashua on
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Although the last couple D&D games have been exceptions, normally the first day's voting is random bandwagoning for no good reason. So, I'll kick things off.

I !vote for Shamus because there's too many S's in here.

Smasher on
  • SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I don't like this S-ist hunt that seems to be gaining momentum. Let's stamp it out before it can ruin the council, or at least those of us on the council with S names.

I !vote for Smasher.

SUPERSUGA on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    But wait, doesn't Smasher's name start with an S as well?

Don't you see, you're still playing his game!

Oh, that clever devil.

DarkPrimus on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    DarkPrimus sounds pretty evil and besides, he already sent me a PM letting me know that Smasher was his first victim.

Here's to you Smasher:

I !vote for DarkPrimus.

precisionk on
  • Lord Cecil EaglelaserLord Cecil Eaglelaser Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    It really is a crapshoot to start off, so I !Vote for PsychoLarry1 because i just rolled a dice.

Lord Cecil Eaglelaser on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I !vote Cantide, because he's never been a bad guy before, and he's due.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited February 2007
    precisionk wrote: »
    DarkPrimus sounds pretty evil and besides, he already sent me a PM letting me know that Smasher was his first victim.

Here's to you Smasher:

I !vote for DarkPrimus.

Wow, we're starting with blatent lying already? I haven't sent you any PMs, much less any PM regarding Phallacia, much less any PMs regarding wanting to kill someone in Phallacia, much less any PMs regarding wanting to kill Smasher specifically.

DarkPrimus on
    edited February 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Here's to you Smasher:

I !vote for DarkPrimus.

Wow, we're starting with blatent lying already? I haven't sent you any PMs, much less any PM regarding Phallacia, much less any PMs regarding wanting to kill someone in Phallacia, much less any PMs regarding wanting to kill Smasher specifically.

I think that was a joke :p

Smasher on
    edited February 2007
    Smasher wrote: »

Here's to you Smasher:

I !vote for DarkPrimus.

Seriously, kinda quick to the defensive, are we?

Lord Cecil Eaglelaser on
    edited February 2007
    Do you guys even know what bandwagon means?

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited February 2007

Here's to you Smasher:

I !vote for DarkPrimus.

It could be a joke, but when he votes for me, it feels serious.

Since, y'know, it could mean I get killed. :-P

DarkPrimus on
  • Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

Here's to you Smasher:

I !vote for DarkPrimus.

wow precisionk, you sure are quick to slander; and I doubt DarkPrimus would be stupid enough to reveal his identity in that way, so either your lying and trying to get us to take down DarkPrimus, or DarkPrimus really did PM you in order to make you sound crazy.

I think I'm going to wait a little longer before I commit to something.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    See, I thought DarkPrimus was going overboard intentionally. You know. All funny-like.

Hrm. I'm going to reserve the ol' judgement for a bit longer, too.

GrimmyTOA on
  • CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    I !vote Cantide, because he's never been a bad guy before, and he's due.

I agree, I'm long overdue to play the villain. Unfortunately, this round of Phalla has not changed anything; I remain the generic villager.

It really is a crapshoot to start off, so I !Vote for PsychoLarry1 because i just rolled a dice.

I approve of this method, and !vote for PsychoLarry1.

Cantide on
    edited February 2007
    Do you guys even know what bandwagon means?
    I think we're gonna vote for everyone once before someone gets a second vote.

Damnit Cantide! Way to prove me wrong before I even post.

Smasher on
    edited February 2007
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    See, I thought DarkPrimus was going overboard intentionally. You know. All funny-like.

Thank you.

I'm holding off voting for a bit longer, myself.

DarkPrimus on
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm gonna haunt your dreams if you guys kill me in the first night based on a random die roll.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    "Yea verily, I doth await yon councilmembers be sitith down at this meeting and shall they..." WTF. Who wrote this weird note I just found at the councilmeeting? Hmm, that's what I get for getting here early.

Guess I'll leave for now and go get me an espresso before the others arrive. Nothing like being all hopped-up on caffiene for a good debate.

Doot doot doot

*leaves*

Since today is more or less the random voting day, I !vote for Squashua because he is both an S name, as well as typing that annoying olde english-type deal.

Whoo, so glad to have started another Phalla. We must work together folks.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • NavocNavoc Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I !vote for precisionk.

I do this mostly because of his past, and current, habit of acting very strange and wild in all Phalla games he participates in (though I may be misremembering here). It's not that big of a deal, because I think it's obviously done in good humour, but it does make him very unpredictable, and his actions are often hard to interpret. This ambiguity and uncertainty is, to me, a better reason to earn a vote than a random number generator.

Either way, the first day always seems to be more about observing the way in which people act anyway, so inactivity is probably the biggest issue. Still tons of time left until the deadline, so I'm anxious to see what develops.

Navoc on
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I !vote for Lord Cecil Eaglelaser because that jerk's dumb luck started a bandwagon against me

PsychoLarry1 on
    edited February 2007

Here's to you Smasher:

I !vote for DarkPrimus.

Limed for truth. :p

precisionk on
    edited February 2007
    I !vote for Lord Cecil Eaglelaser because that jerk's dumb luck started a bandwagon against me

It was worth being voted for just to read my awesome new name.

Lord Cecil Eaglelaser on
    edited February 2007

Here's to you Smasher:

I !vote for DarkPrimus.

Whoa watch it with the liming there, pal. Wouldn't want to think you're retracting a vote or anything.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Shit is happenin' fast. I'm gonna wait on casting my vote, rather then base it on a letter of the alphabet. ;p

Shamus on
    edited February 2007

Here's to you Smasher:

I !vote for DarkPrimus.

Whoa watch it with the liming there, pal. Wouldn't want to think you're retracting a vote or anything.

Yeah, you should use Lemon Chiffon if you want to call attention to something.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited February 2007

Here's to you Smasher:

I !vote for DarkPrimus.

It was a pump-fake!

precisionk on
  • AcidSerraAcidSerra Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I !vote for Lord Cecil Eaglelaser

Half becuase that name is going to put me into coolness overload, and half becuase he started a bandwagon. ^.^

AcidSerra on
    edited February 2007
    AcidSerra wrote: »
    I !vote for Lord Cecil Eaglelaser

Half becuase that name is going to put me into coolness overload, and half becuase he started a bandwagon. ^.^

Oh the power of the awesome name, and to be fair I voted for like the 4th random person when I voted, not my fault the name attracts followers.

Lord Cecil Eaglelaser on
    edited February 2007
    I !vote for PsychoLarry1 because I think Lord Cecil Eaglelaser has too cool a name to kill him the first time around. Also because that bandwagon was first.

DarkPrimus on
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I !vote for Lord Cecil Eaglelaser, just 'cause I want to say that name over and over again.

Plus, I always feel bad if I vote for the 'winner' on the first night, before there's actually a reason to vote for anyone.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    If we vote for Lord Cecil Eaglelaser, his name will never come up in the thread again. A name like that has to be preserved.

Aroused Bull on
    edited February 2007
    ArrBeeBee wrote: »
    If we vote for Lord Cecil Eaglelaser, his name will never come up in the thread again. A name like that has to be preserved.

Amen!

DarkPrimus on
    edited February 2007
    Vote update!

PsychoLarry1 - 4
    Lord Cecil Eaglelaser - 3
    Shamus - 1
    Squashua - 1
    Precisionk - 1
    Cantide - 1
    Smasher - 1
    DarkPrimus - 1

I believe we are still 4 votes short, though it is still a while before the first round ends. Inactives should be set aflame and thrown into a pit of snakes.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I !vote PsychoLarry to be guillotined.

Aroused Bull on
    edited February 2007
    I thought for some reason that voting ended tonight at 11, so I was furiously refreshing the page for a bit. Then I double-checked the OP. Heh.

DarkPrimus on
    edited February 2007
    Patience is a virtue.

:P

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg