As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Battle for Moment of the Week 3/12/09: Mongul or Arkillo?

2»

• Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Bloods End wrote: »
    I hope that the dude replaces his tongue with a yellow tongue construct.

It's not like he's ever said anything worth hearing, and there might be some great visuals to be had in his using constructs to communicate.

werehippy on
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    werehippy wrote: »

It's not like he's ever said anything worth hearing, and there might be some great visuals to be had in his using constructs to communicate.

He's like Sinestro's second in command and drill sergent for the Sinestro Corps in the same way Kilowog is for the GLC. He's not Doc Manhattan deep or anything, but he's had some decent lines.

KVW on
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    KVW wrote: »

He's like Sinestro's second in command and drill sergent for the Sinestro Corps in the same way Kilowog is for the GLC. He's not Doc Manhattan deep or anything, but he's had some decent lines.

I'd have to look again, but I remember it all being really generic, and he could easily pull of his two roles (huge angry beat stick and gruff/scary drill sergeant) silently with an image or two to emphasis his point when needed.

It's not a huge deal one way or the other, I just happened to enjoy the "seen but not heard" line and the idea struck a chord with me.

werehippy on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Its gonna be fun to see what happens to Mongul when Sinestro comes to Daxxam. Didn't he get free last issue of Rage of the Red Lanterns?

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Its gonna be fun to see what happens to Mongul when Sinestro comes to Daxxam. Didn't he get free last issue of Rage of the Red Lanterns?

he's more concerned about his daughter atm, so the eventual confrontation with Mongul is gonna have to wait

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh right. Forgot about that.
    Do we know who his daughter is? Has that ever been revealed?

What if its Soranik?

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Oh right. Forgot about that.
    Do we know who his daughter is? Has that ever been revealed?

What if its Soranik?

didn't he leave her to die back in the SCW? i doubt it's her

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The last issue of of GL could indicate that he didn't know about the daughter until Atrocitus told him. In which case it could be Soranik. It just depends how you read what he says, really.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    valiance wrote: »
    So Immortal Iron Fist is still really good, and those of you who arent reading it should be ashamed of yourselves. Very ashamed.

You just gave me unlimited amounts of hope, and if your lying then you have crushed dreams!

Sadly I must wait for trades.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    KVW wrote: »

I'd have to look again, but I remember it all being really generic, and he could easily pull of his two roles (huge angry beat stick and gruff/scary drill sergeant) silently with an image or two to emphasis his point when needed.

It's not a huge deal one way or the other, I just happened to enjoy the "seen but not heard" line and the idea struck a chord with me.

I predict that Mongul gets his arm back and Arkillo gets his tongue back when the Indigo Lanterns come to Daxam and get compassionate on everyone.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm really hoping that the Indigo Lanterns show up to help the Sinestro/Rage corps when they're down and out.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Dareth RamDareth Ram regular
    edited March 2009
    So Immortal Iron Fist is still really good, and those of you who arent reading it should be ashamed of yourselves. Very ashamed.

too many people dropped this when fraction left. It's still really good.

Dareth Ram on
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm enjoying this arc of Iron Fist so far, but for me the litmus test is going to be if Davos is genuinely reformed or if he's just doing a 5 minute face-turn before jumping back on the crazy train.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dareth Ram wrote: »

Agreed. I think what makes it so great is that Swierczynski's run flows so naturally from the Brubaker/Fraction run. Had no one told me there was a writer change, I doubt I'd have even noticed.

Munch on
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yes, I was kind of "meh" at the writer change but figured I'd try it... and it's paid off in spades.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dareth Ram wrote: »

Too many people are fucking idiots.

Really, this was a shit week. IIF was the best issue though.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I never really understand the train of thought of dropping a book because of a creative change without even giving it a look-see. Out of the three things can happen (It gets better, it gets worse, or it stays roughly the same), only one of those is bad for you. It can't really hurt to give it a chance.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    Rob AnybodyRob Anybody Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well, to be fair, the odds between those three (better, stays the same, worse) still seems to work out at about 25%, 25%, 50% most of the time. :P (EDIT: Forgot to stay that I've stuck with Immortal Iron Fist, and it's definitely worth it, despite my general pessimism)

Are people still reading DMZ? I'm interested to see how they're gonna handle Delgado Nation having a
    goddamn nuke,
    but the big reveal was last... month? and not really that moment-y either so I guess it doesn't count as a motw..

Rob Anybody on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Since you all have been saying good things about Swierczynski's IIF I'll probably pick up the trades. But back to the MotW topic, I just read the first 15 or so issues of Invincible. Oh man the part where
    Invincible and Ohmi-man fight
    is soooo fuckin brutal.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm enjoying this arc of Iron Fist so far, but for me the litmus test is going to be if Davos is genuinely reformed or if he's just doing a 5 minute face-turn before jumping back on the crazy train.

Yeah I feel like undoing that reform is just so cliche. I don't think they're stupid enough to do that, but with comics you never know.

valiance on
  • Options
    jestjest Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    All I know is that I hope Arkillo sticks around post BN. I don't know why, but he's one of my more favorite characters that has been created recently.

jest on