As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Miniphalla]G.I.Joe:The Movie vs. Transformers:The Movie; Game over, Joes win!

• DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'd also like to say, I have one pm from a seered vanillabot. That leaves Kay as either the Bumblebee I'm asking to contact me, or Megatron.

Think about it.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I can assure you that I am most assuredly not Megatron. One hundred percent.

But I'm not Bumblebee either, which makes things a little complex. I really have nothing to offer you, Daius, apart from my dissection of the win-mechanics. You guys really, really need to vote out Wildcat in order to have a chance of winning, Autobots! Let their vig gank me if they're so sure I'm evil. At least we'll have taken out two of them (or one and an evil dude), to their one of us. If you vote me out, and their vigilante hits another Autobot, you're screwed.

Kay2 on
    edited March 2009
    Oh yeah and after all that I noticed that I'm still voting for !Daius after he revealed. Sorry about that man.

Like I said, the only way the Autobots have a chance of winning here is to vote out !Wildcat, and then vig one of their others. Like MacGuffin, maybe. I just have a hunch that he's a Joe. If you've got a Joe seered though, Daius, I'd seriously vig the crap out of them tonight.

Kay2 on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Daius wrote: »
    Guess what chuckles? There's still a decepticon about and the Autobots lose.
    We've been told it's the last day and that means if the village don't get all the evils we may as well just forfeit.

The more I think about it the more I regret having said this. While it's still a very strong chance that the game ends today I have thought of several ways it might not.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Just got back from work! I see that I missed... a lot.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2009
    Okay, almost certainly as a result of poor planning on my part, we have two options:
    • Game ends tomorrow with a coin toss.
    • Game ends tonight in a tie.
    What say ye?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    OooooOOoooo

A tie does appeal to the nature of conflicts between Saturday Morning Cartoon series'.

OoooooOOoooo

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
    edited March 2009
    Gee I'm not too sure. I don't like ties too much...

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2009
    Night 5

Serpentor crept along the cliff's edge, in search of someone to murder. He peered into the canyon, thinking he saw Falcon on the wall climbing to the bottom, when he noticed a curious pressing sensation on his back; thinking on it, he realized it had been going on for some time. He looked behind him and saw that he was not several meters back from the edge as he had thought, but rather about to go over the brink, pushed by a large truck moving in reverse. His last thought as he fell was that it was a ridiculous way to die. (Celebrim)

That zany Optimus Prime. What will he do next?

No sooner had Optimus Prime turned his attention towards his front than he realized someone had finally gotten the drop on him in return. Galvatron was standing right there, and in one swift motion he rammed his fist into Prime's cab. "Ah, Prime," Galvatron said, "You are too busy looking in all the wrong places." The Decepticon's massive fist clutched at the Matrix, then crushed it into shards. "If we cannot use this thing's power, no-one can. Now, allow me to depart. I have a feeling some pitiful little army men want to talk to me." As Prime tumbled down the cliff, Falcon tossed a grenade through the broken window into his cab for good measure. (Daius)

Not... what I was expecting.

The might of IMAGINATION! flashed down over Galvatron in a blaze of yellow fire. Unlike the previous victims, he resisted it for a few moments, long enough to shout a final curse. "You fools! Too cowardly to face me in battle, now you've sealed your fates. I may have lost, but you haven't won!" And then he was gone. (Kay)

Results:

Celebrim - Serpentor (villain), backed off a cliff by Prime
    Daius - Optimus Prime (vig), doubleteamed by Falcon and the villains
    Kay - Galvatron (villain), incinerated by the power of IMAGINATION!

The villains have been eliminated!

But what will happen now?

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited March 2009
    oOooOooOo

I toooold you I wasn't Megatron! Now let's see who wins - I figure it'll be the Joes. Sadrobotface. :(

oOooOooOo

Kay2 on
    edited March 2009
    ooooOOoooOOOOo
    Ties leave room for a Tune in next week!
    They also make me not a terrible vig.
    ooooOOooOOOOOOOo

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That ... was unexpected. Huh, I had a funny feeling about Celebrim too.

Wildcat on
    edited March 2009
    Everyone is very quiet. Time for me to make the suicidal first vote, then! !Grundlterror it is!

Wildcat on
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I've got a feeling that this will get quite ugly today.

MacGuffin on
    edited March 2009
    Of this, I have no doubt.

Wildcat on
    edited March 2009
    I can't wait!

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I don't really like what Galvatron said.

If there is still a neutral special out there and this isn't just the last obligatory Transformers vs. Joes night, I'd say it's Grundlterror.

MacGuffin on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    what

Grundleterror

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    edited March 2009
    Oh dear...

I hope you guys are GIs

!wildcat for starting this nonsense!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2009
    Night 6

The final four combatants stood on the field. For the Joes, Falcon and Roadblock; for the Autobots, Jazz and Blurr. The sides were even. There could be no definitive outcome... or could there?

When the time came for the final judgment of IMAGINATION!, Blurr stood with the Joes and condemned Jazz, who was quite frustrated at this outcome and welcomed oblivion. (Grundlterror)

"Whoa-wait-whatwasthat-hewastheauto-Ithoughtyouweretheauto-ohno-Primeisgonnabesomad-whatdoIdo-whatdoIdo?"

"I'm not sure what you were thinking there, friend," said Falcon to the bewildered Blurr, "but it was mighty neighborly of you to give us the win."

G.I. Joes win!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN034sBeF4c

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    :lol: that didn't come out to a coin toss did it? Who was the silly autobot?

Hurray G.I. Joes!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited March 2009
    It was Malkor. Wildcat was Falcon.

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited March 2009
    Lieutenant Falcon you are a credit to our fine nation. Sergeant Slaughter approves.

Fiaryn on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Fuckin YEA!

We win suckas.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Excellence. Congrats.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    GO JOE!

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hahaha silly Malkor.

Good game FWD! The idea of submitting everything through google and whatnot seems good, how did that work out on your end? And did I really get elected for both on the first day, or were people lying to me?

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited March 2009
    I may have died AND been on the wrong team, but I'll take the moral victory for being responsible for ousting two bad guys and an enemy vig.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
    edited March 2009
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Lieutenant Falcon you are a credit to our fine nation. Sergeant Slaughter approves.
    Thank you sir! Owe it all to your training sir!

Edit: our music is much better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRf4c-p6VWg

Wildcat on
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    GO JOE!

The fact that I died on the first night doesn't prevent me from taking part in the victory dance, does it?

GrimmyTOA on
    edited March 2009
    Surely everyone just got knocked unconscious, in the best tradition of Saturday morning cartoons?

Wildcat on
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Right. Forgot.

The fact that I got knocked unconscious on the first night doesn't prevent me from taking part in the victory dance, does it?
    Of course, I was apparently in unconscious 'juicy Joe bits' after Optimus Prime parked on top of me, but I've had worse!

GrimmyTOA on
    edited March 2009
    kime wrote: »
    Hahaha silly Malkor.

Good game FWD! The idea of submitting everything through google and whatnot seems good, how did that work out on your end? And did I really get elected for both on the first day, or were people lying to me?

You really did win both first day votes.

I take it that you guys didn't have too much trouble with the Google Docs form (and it sure saved me a lot of PM inbox space), but what did you guys think about the private voting system in terms of game mechanics? There was a very strong reliance on the RNG, both in choosing who got the results and in breaking ties (which happened several times), which is something I'd like to get away from but I'm not sure how.

Fun facts:

The mafia had a reduced chance to get results, but on the only day there were really enough players for it to matter (day 1), they got the results on both sides (which were the same, so it didn't help them that much).

On the day Kay was seered, he was picked randomly out of a four-way tie.

And one thing I found quite surprising was that none of the vigilantes ever killed a teammate.

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited March 2009
    On the day Kay was seered, he was picked randomly out of a four-way tie.

That sounds like fate.

Do I get a prize for giving Kime a death narration that made him -happy- rather than pissed? :o

Kay2 on
    edited March 2009
    Hahaha silly Malkor.

And one thing I found quite surprising was that none of the vigilantes ever killed a teammate.

You have no idea how much I agonized over this. After Rodimus died, I put two and two together and realized that if I wasn't careful I could hit either A) Duke or B) Our Back Up Vig. Double the chance of fucking up!

Fortunately I instead iced the everloving shit out of Unicron. 8-)

Fiaryn on
    edited March 2009
    I got lucky with my first vigging, but my other two were sound in my mind. jdarksun was being far too assertive and leaderly to be a vanillager, and Celebrim was keeping such a low profile it was impossible not to suspect him.

Plus come on guys the Kay vote was obvious why did you needlessly bandwagon TheLaw?

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
    edited March 2009
    A better question would be why that Ninny Law didn't even place a vote. He could have made it a tie and had a CHANCE at survival.

Fiaryn on
    edited March 2009
    Wait wait what. When was the 'kay vote' obvious? After I'd been seered?

Kay2 on
  • SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Hahaha silly Malkor.

You have no idea how much I agonized over this. After Rodimus died, I put two and two together and realized that if I wasn't careful I could hit either A) Duke or B) Our Back Up Vig. Double the chance of fucking up!

Fortunately I instead iced the everloving shit out of Unicron. 8-)

Yea well, I planet-shitted you into oblivion so we are even. I really thought we might have this in the bag up until the day I died, then it all fell apart so quickly :|

cobracon proboard for those who want to see what we were up to. Nothing too noteworthy though, since we only had one kill and mostly were just trying to lay low and let the two factions eat each other.

Sticks on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Kay I am the least likely to network!

I blame kime.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat