As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fuck Fat People [DO IT]

• Ness445Ness445 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    personally, I like the taste of Diet Coke

I get Coke Classic about a quarter of the time, and Coke Zero when it's available
    If I do drink soda I typically enjoy Coke Zero.

It's rare though, I drink water most of the time.

Ness445 on
    4445.gif
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    sarukun wrote: »
    Fandyien wrote: »
    I don't understand morbidly obese people because I've been sitting around eating potato chips and playing videogames for years and I am not like a whale shark.

Wait till you turn 30!

Not my metabolism!

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2009
    i hate fatties so much. Fat chicks are always hitting on me when I go out and totally cockblock my chances with anyone else.

Unknown User on
  • GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Septus wrote: »
    GRMike wrote: »
    Ness445 wrote: »
    Tarranon wrote: »
    I take a diet coke because I am concerned over my poor teeth.

But then I have heard that diet coke is just as bad your teef as regular coke.

c/d?
    the aspartame in diet coke is probably worse for you than anything in regular coke.

If that wasn't a medical myth.

Well I assume that was in response to dental health.

From the mayo clinic site -
    Safety of artificial sweeteners
    Artificial sweeteners are often the subject of stories in the popular press and on the Internet, claiming that they cause a variety of health problems, including cancer. According to the National Cancer Institute, however, there's no scientific evidence that any of the artificial sweeteners approved for use in the United States cause cancer. And numerous studies confirm that artificial sweeteners are safe for the general population.

Aspartame does carry a cautionary note, however. It isn't safe for people who have the rare hereditary disease phenylketonuria (PKU). Products that contain aspartame must carry a PKU warning on the label.

So yeah... unless you have PKU aspartame ain't gonna do shit to you.

GRMike on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Water is boring. I drink milk and beer. They are tasty beverages, and both are healthier for me than Coke.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • SASA Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I've been told that genetically I have a predisposition for having diabetes.

I should be taking better care of myself so I don't ever get the diabetes.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I drink like five sodas a day.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, I'm pretty much a terrible fatass, but I drink diet sodas because I just really dislike the taste of regular sodas.

Diet Coke just seems... crisper, I guess.

DE?AD on
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    cadmunky wrote: »
    are you fucking kidding me? christ, my 13yr old son is type I and he pretty much regulates himself. of course he's 6' and 170lbs, so he knows he can go out of whack pretty quickly.

but i grew up on carls jr (in CA) and hardees (in NC). that is the best bad shit.

Stop feeding your kid horse steroids

at 13 I had been Type-I for a year, and about the same size. But I was probably 50 pounds heavier.

I was a terrible fatty in my teens. When I graduated HS, I was over 300.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ah, beer.

Is there anything your sweet fermented goodness can't cure besides diabetes?

sarukun on
    edited March 2009

Er, it doesn't sound like dental health was in the scope of that study, because I don't think that's one of the commonly touted problems of aspartame, whereas cancer is.

Septus on
  • NadsNads Bob Ducca Asleep in a cul-de-sac.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    sarukun wrote: »
    I don't understand morbidly obese people because I've been sitting around eating potato chips and playing videogames for years and I am not like a whale shark.

Wait till you turn 30!

Not my metabolism!

You poor deluded pothead.

Nads on
    3c5d24e9-b7f2-44ba-bbf2-3b4658af70bd.jpg
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I dunno, I'm a big guy (6' 3", 260-265Lbs) and I've been out eaten by men half my weight. Some of the guys from my hall went out to get some late night dinner at McDonalds a couple of weeks ago and my friend Mike (6', 135lbs) ordered 2 double quarter pounders with cheese and an order of fries. This is not the first time I've seen him order this gargantuan meal.

Sometimes it's not the food you eat, just saying.

jgeis on
  • SASA Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I love beer so much I could drink it all day and night.

And I have!

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Stale wrote: »
    are you fucking kidding me? christ, my 13yr old son is type I and he pretty much regulates himself. of course he's 6' and 170lbs, so he knows he can go out of whack pretty quickly.

but i grew up on carls jr (in CA) and hardees (in NC). that is the best bad shit.

at 13 I had been Type-I for a year, and about the same size. But I was probably 50 pounds heavier.

Your parents shouldn't have fed you horse steroids.

Spectre-x on
  • Ness445Ness445 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ness445 wrote: »

c/d?
    the aspartame in diet coke is probably worse for you than anything in regular coke.

If that wasn't a medical myth.

Well I assume that was in response to dental health.

From the mayo clinic site -
    Safety of artificial sweeteners
    Artificial sweeteners are often the subject of stories in the popular press and on the Internet, claiming that they cause a variety of health problems, including cancer. According to the National Cancer Institute, however, there's no scientific evidence that any of the artificial sweeteners approved for use in the United States cause cancer. And numerous studies confirm that artificial sweeteners are safe for the general population.

Aspartame does carry a cautionary note, however. It isn't safe for people who have the rare hereditary disease phenylketonuria (PKU). Products that contain aspartame must carry a PKU warning on the label.

it indeed was in response to dental health.

though I dunno if there's any correlation between aspartame and poor dental health.

Ness445 on
    4445.gif
    edited March 2009
    On thursday I was chattin with this good lookin friend of a friend, and she gets up to go to the bathroom and some fatty barges in all OH HEY HOW ARE YOU DOING MIND IF I WOLF DOWN SOME PEANUTS? And then the girl came back and sat somewhere else.

Unknown User on
  • GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Er, it doesn't sound like dental health was in the scope of that study, because I don't think that's one of the commonly touted problems of aspartame, whereas cancer is.

WTF are you going on about dental health for? I assumed he was talking aspartame in general.

GRMike on
    edited March 2009
    robothero wrote: »
    On thursday I was chattin with this good lookin friend of a friend, and she gets up to go to the bathroom and some fatty barges in all OH HEY HOW ARE YOU DOING MIND IF I WOLF DOWN SOME PEANUTS? And then the girl came back and sat somewhere else.

Punch that cunt.

Nads on
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    more cushion

for the pushin

off a cliff

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • cadmunkycadmunky One hand on the bottle, The other a shaking fist.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

yeah, he's been type I for a year now. he get's his build from his mom's side. she's small but her dad and uncles were 6'5"+ 280 pounders. it breaks my heart seeing him go through it and knowing what the future has in store.

cadmunky on
    5955603848_aed2690084.jpg
    "Think of it as Evolution in Action"
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You can get a medical report to say pretty much anything.

On the other hand, the phosphoric acid in Coke is way worse for you than the sweetener. The chemical reaction that occurs as a result of consuming the acid, caffeine, and sugar all at the same time has the effect of robbing you of calcium and some other thing.

Look here's the deal.

If pouring your drink on a plant will ultimately kill the plant, you probably shouldn't drink it.

Jasconius on
    edited March 2009

WTF are you going on about dental health for? I assumed he was talking aspartame in general.

c/d?

Uh?

Septus on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

that is the saddest thing I have ever heard in my life, hero.

sarukun on
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

c/d?

Uh?

From what I remember it wouldn't be the aspartame in question really so much as the acidity.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    One time I had jury duty and there was this guy sitting behind me who was so fat and slack-jawed that he snored while he was wide awake.

He "leaned" up to me (well, he couldn't really lean in any direction, he sort of had to rock himself back and forth until he got up enough momentum to shift himself forward) and asked if I knew whether or not he'd get in trouble if he left early.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
    edited March 2009

c/d?

Uh?

I assumed the post afterward was talking about the dangers of aspartame in general, which are mostly myths. That's all I was saying.

GRMike on
    edited March 2009
    I'm full of sad stories about obese people. You could say I am fat with stories.

Unknown User on
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    my favorite thing about people getting diet sodas is the tiny smirk they get

all proud of themselves for having a healthy drink

Projeck on
  • SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Nads wrote: »

Punch that cunt.

With your penis.

Szechuanosaurus on
    edited March 2009
    some chick just checked out my sweet okcupid profile. She looks like Donkey Lips with long hair.

Unknown User on
    edited March 2009
    Projeck wrote: »
    my favorite thing about people getting diet sodas is the tiny smirk they get

all proud of themselves for having a healthy drink

That's funny... I have never once been smug about my soda.

Now my beer on the other hand...
    some chick just checked out my sweet okcupid profile. She looks like Donkey Lips with long hair.

You should hook up with her and get some of that Awful Waffle.

GRMike on
  • StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

yeah, he's been type I for a year now. he get's his build from his mom's side. she's small but her dad and uncles were 6'5"+ 280 pounders. it breaks my heart seeing him go through it and knowing what the future has in store.

do they have him on a pump yet?

if not, ask about it. Even if he's fairly controlled. I can NOT recommend that enough. Changed my life. 10 years too late, but I'd certainly be dead if I hadn't finally got it.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm full of sad stories about obese people. You could say I am fat with stories.
    your fatty stories give me a chubby

Clint Eastwood on
    edited March 2009

You're gonna need to be more specific.

Nads on
    edited March 2009

You should hook up with her and get some of that Awful Waffle.

ahahahhaha laughing so hard right now

Unknown User on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I got the most thoughtful message from a stranger last night on that site. It was incredibly unexpected and sweet.

Javen on
  • CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I love how fat people act like it's some violation of their human rights when airlines charge them for two seats, even though the second seat is usually heavily discounted.

I mean, if your fat ass takes up 2 seats, do you honestly expect to get the second one for free? How do you think another passenger would feel if they had to pay full price for a seat next to you, and you took up half of it?

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Aspartame may not give you cancer, but it's quite likely that artificial sweeteners like it and saccharine will make you fatter. I know it's anecdotal evidence, but I went from drinking nothing but Diet Cokes to drinking nothing but water and (unsweetened) iced tea. I found myself less hungry and I've dropped about 40 lbs so far (several months, combined with a few small improvements to my exercising). Here's a link to the article they talk about in PopSci. The study focused on rats, but they talk about the implications in humans near the end.

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I love how fat people act like it's some violation of their human rights when airlines charge them for two seats, even though the second seat is usually heavily discounted.

I mean, if your fat ass takes up 2 seats, do you honestly expect to get the second one for free? How do you think another passenger would feel if they had to pay full price for a seat next to you, and you took up half of it?

I dunno it depends

a) is it a hot fat chick
    b) do I get half off the half seat

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
This discussion has been closed.