As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] The Phalem Witch Trials - The End - Witches Win

• Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Day 1
    The Death of the Entire Clergy of the Wang

The entire town of Phalem had gathered at the courthouse for the days festivities. There was popcorn, children playing and all sorts of wonderful activities going on. At exactly 7:06 P.M. everyone entered the courthouse except for two people. Cj Iwakura had recently come to this town hoping to corner the hired assassinations market and decided to check his dead drop to see which contract he would pursue. Unfortunatly the other person not yet at the trial followed him to his inconspicuous bush and realized who he was. “Well we can’t afford to have you mucking things up” and with that Cj Iwakura was now a newt.

Everyone was shocked at the first person to be brought up on charges. Sticks the local pastor.
    “Sticks you are being brought up on charges of witchcraft and wizardry. How do you plead?”
    “Not guilty” Sticks replied.
    “Pff an unlikely story, execu.. I mean prosecution you may begin.”
    “Now sticks where were you on the night of February 31st?”
    “What the hell are you talking about there is no 31st of February”
    “That because you witches used your sorcery to remove that date from existence so we couldn’t use it as evidence, your honor I rest my case”
    “Sticks any remarks?”
    “This trial is a sham and you will all burn in the coming of the almighty wang”
    “The defense may now present their first witness”
    “Will the Priest Keika please come forward?”
    “Now then Keika how long have you been practicing witchcraft with sticks.”
    “Witchcraft? I’m a holy priest of the almighty wang I abhor witchcraft as does sticks who had been my protégé and apprentice for years taking over my sermons a year ago.”
    “Ha… we know you’re lying why I’d expect you’re so scared for your life at this point you’d turn yourself into a small lizard to escape”
    Keika then proceeded to turn into a newt .
    The judge after staring hungrily at the small newt for several minutes remembered he would be able to eat once this was over so he immediately turned it over to the jury.
    3 seconds later the verdict was semi-unanimous Sticks would be burned at the stake for being a witch.
    As people were leaving the courthouse many were discussing various gossip from the day the most prevalent being that kime guarded one hell of a delicious cake.

The next day in the town newspaper the following headline appeared - "Sticks the most asinine and retarded pastor/witch ever gets his due"

Results
    Keika – Priest – Newted
    Cj Iwakura – Mercenary – Newted
    Sticks – WITCH – Burned for being a witch

With no more mercenary your money is useless so don't send me bids

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, you better agree my cake was delicious! That was a funny narration, I like the evidence brought against Sticks :P.

Stupid witches. You kill one of the best parts of this Phalla :( (the merc, not Keika. Although I'll miss you too Keika!).

Oh, and let it be known that I picked Sticks! I actaully helped the village! Everyone remember this day!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Ultros64Ultros64 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well there goes that mechanic.

Ultros64 on
    It doesn't matter what I say, as long as I sing with inflection
  • Options
    SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    We'll see how long that lasts kime.

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That was a mixed bag. Hooray for a dead witch! Boooo for losing what looks like a good special and the unique mechanic.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    That was a mixed bag. Hooray for a dead witch! Boooo for losing what looks like a good special and the unique mechanic.
    The dead witch I helped kill!

We cannot emphasize this enough!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Thanatos, if you're reading, make a stickied thread linking to the last two pages with the title: "kime Did Something Right!

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Remember karma kime, remember it!

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    kime wrote: »

Hey Kime.

Can I have some of your magic secret hidden cake?

Ultros64 on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Ultros64 wrote: »

Hey Kime.

Can I have some of your magic secret hidden cake?

You should be giving me cake! Or else I will point my incredibly accurate finger at you! And the village will rush at my awesome call!

I think it deserves more than a sticky. I'm thinking a plaque? On every single penny-arcade-affiliated page?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I made a good vote on my first day by not even looking at the thread and just following the person who voted before me! YAY!

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well, that went well.

Not. :| Ooo

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Do not mourn my passing, for I go now to embrace the mighty Wang, and one day so shall yooOOOooooo

Sticks on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

The united churches of Latter-Day Cake and Roman Phallius won this day, friend. Truly, it was the Lord who helped win this day for us.

But we cannot rest - there are still two witches amongst us! We should check to see who was voting along with Sticks, for they are already guilty of the crime of witch-assisting.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    simonwolf wrote: »
    But we cannot rest - there are still two witches amongst us! We should check to see who was voting along with Sticks, for they are already guilty of the crime of witch-assisting.

. . .

. . .

Two? How, again, do you know this?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited March 2009

. . .

. . .

This is an excellent question.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Suspicious!

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

. . .

. . .

I was going to call him suspicious for simply moving the vote in a certain direction, but this works well too.

Simonwolf

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    KeikaKeika Delectable tea, or deadly poison? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    OooOOO

I still better get cake!!
    I demand cake!

I also demand vengeance, but cake should come first.

oOOOoo

Keika on
    "My fancies are fireflies / Specks of living light / twinkling in the dark." ~Rabindranath Tagore
  • Options
    edited March 2009

. . .

. . .

I was going to call him suspicious for simply moving the vote in a certain direction, but this works well too.

Simonwolf

Yeah, I'm going to wait to see what he says. But he's saying the starting number was 3, and that's not even the average. Which kind of hurts his argument if he says it was a guess. But let's see what he says either way.

Keika, I'll still give you cake! You're a newt, you can't eat much :P.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    meow.

why did I think I still had an hour?

ugggh

working in the garden is just plain....

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    No biggie. All you missed was me being awesome!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well, this one's somewhat easy. !Simonwolf

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

. . .

. . .

I don't know, actually. I was just guessing by the fact that there were two people turned into newts.

Shit, that really was an awkward thing to say. Ah well!

EDIT: Yeah if I get voted out this round, I only have myself to blame. I would say "but you'll be getting rid of a villager blah blah blah", but that hasn't ever stopped people from voting a villager out in a phalla before.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Not buying it.

!simonwolf

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    That's an incredibly lame defense, !simonwolf

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I noticed that, kime.

congrats on finally getting something right and helping out the village!

I guess if you keep that up, I should run another mini and give you the vig sword again, eh?

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I noticed that, kime.

congrats on finally getting something right and helping out the village!

I guess if you keep that up, I should run another mini and give you the vig sword again, eh?

Please God, no. That would just make us all kill him in every game day one to protect ourselves.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    What kind of defense am I supposed to put up? I've already explained what happened, and nothing else is going to change the matter at hand.

I could say "would I really be stupid enough to basically call myself out as a witch", but I doubt anyone would believe it, because the bandwagon has begun. That's how this game works, apparently.

I said something stupid based on a guess, and now I'm paying the price. When I'm shown to be a villager in the next round-up, I don't really expect much to change, beyond people realising that what I said was exactly what I said it was - a stupid guess.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well, judging from the size of the game (25 players) and the presence of the merc (I'm betting there is one more neutral out there, at least), I'd say there are three or four witches left. Assuming this is a (relatively) vanilla game, of course.

Simon's the new guy, right? Mistaking the double newting last night for a sign that there are only two witches left clearly shows he doesn't entirely get the fact that abilities are (usually) used regardless of whether the user dies that night or not. I'm not saying he's good beyond a shadow of a doubt but I certainly don't have any reason to burn him yet.

Lay off the man, for now.

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Dusda wrote: »
    Well, judging from the size of the game (25 players) and the presence of the merc (I'm betting there is one more neutral out there, at least), I'd say there are three or four witches left. Assuming this is a (relatively) vanilla game, of course.

Simon's the new guy, right? Mistaking the double newting last night for a sign that there are only two witches left clearly shows he doesn't entirely get the fact that abilities are (usually) used regardless of whether the user dies that night or not. I'm not saying he's good beyond a shadow of a doubt but I certainly don't have any reason to burn him yet.

Shit, is that how it works? I should really read up on the rules of this game.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Hear hear. Let the man live.

Ultros64 on
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    No biggie. All you missed was me being awesome!

High fives all 'round. For holiness!

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Shit, is that how it works? I should really read up on the rules of this game.

It's usually how it works, yes. (Not always though.) But I'm still not convinced. . . simonwolf for now, but I may change that tomorrow. I'll see how kind I'm feeling in the morning :P.

@ahava: I should get a vig sword! I'd be awesome!! Actually, if I recall correctly, your mini was my first vig position, and I won!

@ebum: :evil:

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Errrr: Also, I think Simon's made a pretty understandable mistake. I think we should let him live tonight. Anyone have a vote breakdown for last night?

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    Errrr: Also, I think Simon's made a pretty understandable mistake. I think we should let him live tonight. Anyone have a vote breakdown for last night?
    Yeah, what did you want specifically? Just who voted for whom in the end, or. . .?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yes, Kime.

You won the game.

After killing like, half the other munchkins in the game.

But yes, you did win darling.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    Reposted from the previous page.

Sticks - 7
    Kime - 5
    Toxic Toys - 3
    Spectralspork, simonwolf, JaysonFour - 2
    with the odd one here and there

e: Oh you probably want a whole voting record. Mr. Fancy.

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yes, Kime.

You won the game.

After killing like, half the other munchkins in the game.

But yes, you did win darling.
    :P It was a good strategy! Kill everyone, and the baddies are sure to be dead!

Yeah, let's see what we've got with votes. . .

Sticks - 7
    Element Brian
    enlightenedbum
    GrimmyTOA
    Keika
    kime
    simonwolf
    TheLawinator

kime - 5
    arasaki
    Jason Todd
    Mr. Defacation
    Sticks
    Zandracon

Toxic Toys - 3
    delroland
    JaysonFour
    lonelyahava

JaysonFour - 2
    Dusda
    Ultros64

simonwolf - 2
    SpectralSpork
    Tommy2Hands

SpectralSpork - 2
    Kay
    The_Reflection

Dusda - 1
    Loxx

Jason Todd - 1
    cj iwakura

Keika - 1
    MacGuffin

lonelyahava - 1
    Toxic Toys

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'd like to point out that after simonwolf and I agreed on switching votes over to Sticks, most of the people voting for simon did so. But very few of the people voting for me did so. Trying to keep someone else besides Sticks in the lead? So depending on how this simonwolf thing turns out, we may want to look at some of the people that kept their vote on me (one of whom is, in fact, Sticks).

Of course, depends on who was around near the end. Can't fault people for not switching if they weren't even online.

kime on
    Steam profile