As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] The Phalem Witch Trials - The End - Witches Win

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    once again, Toxic and I are locked in the arms of our star-crossed love.

or something.

eh, he's not making me feel poetic tonight.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I agree with Kime. The following can probably be ruled out as witches (though I'm certain they're not our only problem). The vote was too close (a paltry two votes) with Kime for any of them to make the bandwagon switch and hide.

Element Brian
    enlightenedbum
    GrimmyTOA
    Keika
    kime
    simonwolf
    TheLawinator

There are two basic ways the witches could have gone: try to bandwagon a player, or go stealth by pulling a single vote. I'm looking back at how the vote progressed to see if I can spot any evidence of the latter, but I think it's safe to say that at least one witch (maaaybe two) is among the group who voted for Kime. The other three (I'm really thinking we have four left to deal with, three seems a bit low in terms of balance to me) are probably scattered in the lower vote pools and the single votes.

Also, one last thing. How the hell do evil dudes keep getting voted out on the first day? That nearly happened in the Warhammer phalla as well, and it confounds me. They have a huge advantage early on to shift the vote.

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That reasoning makes a lot of sense. OK !simonwolf

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    If I may point one thing out - both SpectralSpork and Tommy2Hands voted for me in the first round, and Spectral was among the first to vote for me early second round. They didn't give a reason for the first one, and bandwagoned in the second.

They were also definitely online during the time when kime and I made our truce, and were the only two not to switch off from voting for me.

Coincidence? Possibly! But there's a hint of brimstone in the air around them.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So, yesterday went good, yes?
    Cept the merc died. That sucks.
    GrimmyTOA as a place holder, plus, something about him is making my senses twich.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !simonwolf for being suspicious like a witch.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    simonwolf wrote: »
    If I may point one thing out - both SpectralSpork and Tommy2Hands voted for me in the first round, and Spectral was among the first to vote for me early second round. They didn't give a reason for the first one, and bandwagoned in the second.

They were also definitely online during the time when kime and I made our truce, and were the only two not to switch off from voting for me.

Coincidence? Possibly! But there's a hint of brimstone in the air around them.

I wasn't online.
    Are you kidding me?
    I don't even know what the fuck is going on now.
    Phallas that don't have a day 0 narration confuse me.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dusda wrote: »
    There are two basic ways the witches could have gone: try to bandwagon a player, or go stealth by pulling a single vote. I'm looking back at how the vote progressed to see if I can spot any evidence of the latter, but I think it's safe to say that at least one witch (maaaybe two) is among the group who voted for Kime. The other three (I'm really thinking we have four left to deal with, three seems a bit low in terms of balance to me) are probably scattered in the lower vote pools and the single votes.

I think this is more or less bang on, but I'd suggest that we look more in the single votes than in the kimewagon. When I'm a bad guy, I tend to avoid any sort of bandwagon at all for the first couple of days. Fewer arrows pointing back at me later on. At any rate, I think you're right about the witches not being willing to vote for Sticks. It might have happened, maybe, but it'd be incredibly ballsy (not to mention potentially stupid) to put one of your own into first place, on the first night, in a razor sharp vote. So much easier to simply pretend not to have been around at the crucial time.

"Oh, hay, sorry guys. I was at the bar/swap meet/ trimming my toenails. Good thing we got that witch, though!"

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Arasaki wrote: »
    !simonwolf for being suspicious like a witch.

Do you have any reasoning for this? I'm trying to figure out your methods, here.

Dusda on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    He said there are only two witches left. I don't quite understand how he could know this unless he himself is a witch.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    He said there are only two witches left. I don't quite understand how he could know this unless he himself is a witch.

I think I explained how pretty well a moment ago.

Dusda on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

See above.

I also gave the honest explanation as to why - I am pretty new to Phalla and thought that two kills meant two witches. I didn't know about all these other effects and methods that get used in games.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'm at work and I haven't caught up yet. Also he's been in a couple of phalla's - I don't see how being new is an excuse at this point. Being new to being evil, perhaps.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    This is my second ever phalla, if you must know. I've reserved for a few, but this is the second one I've actually participated in.

Even a new person to being evil wouldn't be stupid enough to basically say "hurrrr there's two more witches, guys". Especially considering what Dusda said about it being incredibly unlikely that there is, in fact, only two witches left.

If and when I get voted out, it'll be because I said something stupid and people bandwagoned onto it. A lesson will be learned!

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    So let me get this right. There are two possibilities here:

1) You are evil and foolishly let something slip about the remaining bad guys.

2) You are not evil and foolishly voiced an opinion based off of very poor logic.

I'm not being rude, but I fail to understand why the second is more plausible.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    So let me get this right. There are two possibilities here:

1) You are evil and foolishly let something slip about the remaining bad guys.

2) You are not evil and foolishly voiced an opinion based off of very poor logic.

I'm not being rude, but I fail to understand why the second is more plausible.

I'm thinking that it's because only having three baddies (plus a mechanic that could conceivably allow the village to purchase kills against potential baddies) in a 24 person game would be a ridiculously small number.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Unless there are hidden mechanics, or more than one evil faction.

I'm not saying that simonwolf is definitely evil, just that the logic provided has been flawed and insufficient to shift my vote as at this time.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    There is nothing more frustrating than telling the truth and people saying that your logic is flawed and insufficient. Now I know how Jesus must feel.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    simonwolf wrote: »
    There is nothing more frustrating than telling the truth and people saying that your logic is flawed and insufficient. Now I know how Jesus must feel.

Although I've been defending you a bit, you have to know that there are few things in Phalla that seem more suspicious than someone who's eager to stay alive. It sounds ludicrous, I know, but that's how it is. Sometimes you're going to get voted out. Often, you'll be innocent when it happens. It's just one of those things. Sorry.

You're starting to tick upwards on my suspicio-meter. For now I'll just chalk it up to second-game enthusiasm.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, I'm slowly getting how the game works. I'm pretty sure I'll get voted out, this round, so I have learned my various lessons. I would be pretty suspicious of me, too.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I can give a fairly good explanation for Simon.

He's new.

He's still learning just how paranoid to be, and that sometimes it's better to just keep your mouth shut.

It's either that, or he's a witch!

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Sometimes new people make mistakes, sometimes they are a witch

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    well that's not exactly true.

Sometimes they're a dirty dirty neutral trying to find their way through the darkness.

why is it so quiet around here?

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    cause the witchssssssssssssssss

M.D. on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    well that's not exactly true.

Sometimes they're a dirty dirty neutral trying to find their way through the darkness.

why is it so quiet around here?
    That's a good question, actually. We've got a decent amount to discuss still. . .

People should be speaking up eventually though, we're still missing most of the votes. I think I'm personally going to stick with simonwolf. I'm not convinced he's evil, he probably just made a mistake, but I'm going to feel really silly if he turns out to be a witch later on and survives after making such a mistake.

Beyond him, I'm thinking those who voted for me (as I already said) above the single-voters (which Grimmy suggested). Although maybe he's right and I'm wrong, we'll see :P.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I dunno...

I don't like voting off newbies.

As a general rule. Or a general personal preference.

But... mistakes have been made before that are not mistakes, but calculated 'mistakes'

hell, I've done it before.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    simonwolf was suspicious, I've tossed a coin for him as a newbie bonus, unfortunately it came down on the wrong side.

MacGuffin on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    simonwolf, tryin to play the newbie card my ass.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Due to a) Rookie mistakes possible and b) the fact that he voted for Sticks last night, I'm not a huge fan of this Simonwolf bandwagon we've got going on here. Based on today's posts, however, I'm hard pressed to find an alternative. The hags are obviously keeping their heads down after last night's barbecue.

My guess is that if they're anywhere yet, they're in the Simonwolf bandwagon. Crossing that with people who didn't vote for sticks, we've got a few possibilities. I'm thinking, maybe, !Spork. There are a bunch of people who seem to be really happy not to have to think out loud today though.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    After all this debate about simon, I'm going to say he's made a mistake. Still I always get killed if I do some thing like that so simonwolf.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I am not alright with this vote on Simon.

I can see why people are voting for him, he made a mistake, he's a fairly easy target with nobody to really stick up for him. And theres no real way he can defend himself without revealing to the village.

Which I suggest that you do, Simon. It might not help, but it will give people things to consider.

All of that being said, and my aversion to killing newbies off this early in a game.

I do what I always do when the situation arises.

!Toxic Toys

I adore you greatly, my dear.

But a single line vote? really?

tsk tsk

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I don't really like voting off someone new either. . . So although I'm still rather suspicious of simon, I'm willing to go with someone else for today and just hope he gets seered.

So I'm thinking one of these people: arasaki, Jason Todd, Mr. Defacation, or Zandracon. 'cause they bandwagoned me yesterday along with Sticks, probably (as I've said) in an effort to save Sticks. Plus, they voted for me! Silly silly people, they should expect and fear retribution!

Now I just have to decide which one faces my wrath today. . .

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    sigh

He behaves like a newb, votes to kill one of the witches on day one, myself and at least two other villagers here back him up, and he still gets bandwagoned. This truly is a crucible. Whatever, I'll have no part of it (and I hope to our phallic god, who I have dubbed Shaft, that he doesn't turn out to be anything other than a villager. That would break my brain).

Going from my list of suspects, I cast my vote for !SpectralSpork. He fits the profile I described a few pages back on hiding in meaningless votes (and keeping a low profile), he is voting for the newbie twice in a row now, and has openly associated with other suspects on my list.

Dusda on
  • Options
    Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    kime wrote: »
    I don't really like voting off someone new either. . . So although I'm still rather suspicious of simon, I'm willing to go with someone else for today and just hope he gets seered.

So I'm thinking one of these people: arasaki, Jason Todd, Mr. Defacation, or Zandracon. 'cause they bandwagoned me yesterday along with Sticks, probably (as I've said) in an effort to save Sticks. Plus, they voted for me! Silly silly people, they should expect and fear retribution!

Now I just have to decide which one faces my wrath today. . .

I voted for you way before Sticks was on anyone's radar. Take me off your ridiculous list.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    The only thing about "voting to kill one of the witches" is that he didn't have much of a choice. He was at the top of the votes yesterday. He agreed to change targets and bandwagon whomever I chose. What was he supposed to do after the bandwagon got started (and he wasn't even the first to join after me)? Say "oops I changed my mind. For a reason I can't tell anyone here, I don't want to vote for Sticks."?

That being said, and even though I still think he's a good target, I don't want to vote off a guy who's on his second Phalla on Day 2. So simonwolf, and. . . . Zandracon. Zand voted for me near the end, after it was clear that I was the only person who could possibly garner enough votes to save Sticks. He offered little to no reasoning. So you seem like you made the most suspicious vote out of the kime-wagon!

Jason it's an awesome list and you know it! Everything I do is awesome, rawr!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Simonwolf !SpectralSpork, because I do feel really bad voting him out, but if he's playing us, I'm gonna be pissed...

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !SpectralSpork

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    The only thing about "voting to kill one of the witches" is that he didn't have much of a choice. He was at the top of the votes yesterday. He agreed to change targets and bandwagon whomever I chose. What was he supposed to do after the bandwagon got started (and he wasn't even the first to join after me)? Say "oops I changed my mind. For a reason I can't tell anyone here, I don't want to vote for Sticks."?

*foreheadslap*
    Forgot about that. Hmm.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »

*foreheadslap*
    Forgot about that. Hmm.

Wait, what? Simon shifted his vote from you to Sticks here, minutes after you shifted your vote with no protest at all. Did I miss something?

e: To elaborate, Simon changed his vote with about one hour, twenty minutes left in the vote. While I agree that is a bit close, it is hardly last minute.

Dusda on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Guys, who did Sticks vote for?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg