As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Bow down before the God of [Chat]

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I have literally sat around for 10 minutes late one night looking for a quest item, convincing myself I'd left it in the bank, then running back and realizing I'd had it next to my hearthstone the entire time.

It's even worse when there are multiple quests in the same zone that use quest objects with the same icon.

For example: the Leave Our Mark daily from Shadow Vault uses a quest object that has the same icon as the quest object from New Recruit. I think it's also used as the icon for some weapons which makes it worse.

Nobody on
  • LaonarLaonar Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I would like to see instanced player housing. It would be neat to put various useless greys, furniture, workbenches for crafting in your house. Even personlized vendors would be neat. They could put green to epic trophies in the game that drop off bosses or mobs to decorate with. Put that old tier gear to use as a armor stand or something. Could make your house public so others could come in and look.

Laonar on
  • MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    My actionbars are riddled with various items for dailies.

Pre-WotLK I set up a separate bar specifically for all the Isle daily quest items.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • SoundwaveSoundwave Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That's an idea they should steal from WAR, quest items automatically go in their own inventory and don't take up normal bag space.

Soundwave on
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It just occured to me that aside from the single quest for Eye of Eternity, there are no quests for the WotLK raids are there? Heck, there's no lore whatsoever for Vault of Archavon and Obsidian Sanctum. We just roll up in there and kill stuff because there's a green portal in front of it.

Old Naxx had quests related to it, and in Dragonblight there are quests related to Naxx being there, but I don't recall anybody ever really telling me to go inside and do something about it. Or be like, "Hey, go kill Kel'Thuzad again and this time don't give his phylactery to someone unless you're positive they're not evil. Hell, just to be on the safe side go give it directly to Tirion Fordring himself."

Lars on
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    By the way, you guys should check out a mod called ArkInventory. It allows you to create sections of your bags that will auto-sort. So for instance, if you create a quest item section (not that it will matter post 3.1 for quest items), every quest item you ever get will always show up in the same section of your bags. It's sort of similar to the mod that makes your bag one giant set of squares, except this creates small sections and then auto-expands if you loot a quest item.

Here's a screenshot: ArkInventory-Bag.jpg

So you can see there's a bag section for rogue stuff, meat, tailoring supplies, consumables, etc. And the great thing about it is that 99% of all the types are already done for you. You just set up the sections where you want stuff to show up. Also, if you *really* want to, you can create custom categories and then assign loot to them.

I have a section for holy gear, prot gear, ret gear, and other soulbound items like trinkets.

Hah, precisely what I was going to point out. But yeah, I fucking love ArkInventory, it's an *amazing* mod.

Every time I'm over a friend's house and I see them open up their original bags, I just cringe. Stubborn bastards.

Dranyth on
  • FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Track multiple quests and achievements at once after activating this feature in the options menu.

I´m confused, you can track multiple quests right now too, can´t you?

Fuga on
  • dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Lars wrote: »
    "Hey, go kill Kel'Thuzad again and this time don't give his phylactery to someone unless you're positive they're not evil. Hell, just to be on the safe side go give it directly to Tirion Fordring himself."

OK, but if Tirion doesn't give me any quest rewards, i'm giving it to that sketchy looking guy over there who is flashing some epic rings.

dojango on
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Fuga wrote: »
    Track multiple quests and achievements at once after activating this feature in the options menu.

I´m confused, you can track multiple quests right now too, can´t you?

You can't track multiple acheivements though.

shryke on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    dojango wrote: »
    "Hey, go kill Kel'Thuzad again and this time don't give his phylactery to someone unless you're positive they're not evil. Hell, just to be on the safe side go give it directly to Tirion Fordring himself."

OK, but if Tirion doesn't give me any quest rewards, i'm giving it to that sketchy looking guy over there who is flashing some epic rings.

If you do the questline with him in Icecrown you'll see that he may not make the same mistake again.
    You confront Arthas and Fordling gets access to Arthas's heart. Arthas appears and taunts him about redemption. Fordling says that Arthas is beyond redemption and smashes the heart.

Thomamelas on
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Thomamelas wrote: »

If you do the questline with him in Icecrown you'll see that he may not make the same mistake again.
    You confront Arthas and Fordling gets access to Arthas's heart. Arthas appears and taunts him about redemption. Fordling says that Arthas is beyond redemption and smashes the heart.

Right, like Blizzard would hesitate resurrecting someone if they felt it would make a cool fight in a new raid instance.

xzzy on
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It just occured to me that aside from the single quest for Eye of Eternity, there are no quests for the WotLK raids are there? Heck, there's no lore whatsoever for Vault of Archavon and Obsidian Sanctum. We just roll up in there and kill stuff because there's a green portal in front of it.

Old Naxx had quests related to it, and in Dragonblight there are quests related to Naxx being there, but I don't recall anybody ever really telling me to go inside and do something about it. Or be like, "Hey, go kill Kel'Thuzad again and this time don't give his phylactery to someone unless you're positive they're not evil. Hell, just to be on the safe side go give it directly to Tirion Fordring himself."
    The Obsidian Sanctum does actually have some lore behind it, but it's only found in books. They didn't really put any in the game which is an oversight. Naxxramas does too, but only on the alliance side which is completely useless for half the game population. I agree that we need more raid quests in the future.

Cilla Black on
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    On a totally different and random note, it would be kind of nice to see a polearm itemized for the three str-based plate classes rather than the two atk power/agility based ones.

Cilla Black on
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well part of the problem is all the str-based plate classes in the past were going dual wield because it performed better, so it made sense to start dumping attack power on polearms (and even this took quite a while for them to start doing).

Blizzards itemizing department is always about 9 months behind the state of the game, they simply haven't had time to realize there's a str-based fighter that is designed to use 2H weapons.

xzzy on
    edited March 2009

yeah, but the only reason why tirion had access to that thing was because I told him about it, and the only reason I told him was because of the shiny reward he gave me at the end... If he hadn't offered that reward, then, well...

dojango on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    xzzy wrote: »

Right, like Blizzard would hesitate resurrecting someone if they felt it would make a cool fight in a new raid instance.

Oh, I'm sure they would. It just most likely wouldn't be done via Fordling's hand. Also, I like the idea Blizzard showing that sometimes evil can't be redeemed, sometimes it just needs to be destroyed.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2009

yeah, but the only reason why tirion had access to that thing was because I told him about it, and the only reason I told him was because of the shiny reward he gave me at the end... If he hadn't offered that reward, then, well...

So you're a mercenary. The best part about being a mercenary in the pay of good is that they pay in shiny items and gold. And you get to keep the loot off of the bad guys. So you get paid twice! Always a good thing.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2009
    well, we're all mercenaries, fighting for honor and glory and loots

dojango on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    On a totally different and random note, it would be kind of nice to see a polearm itemized for the three str-based plate classes rather than the two atk power/agility based ones.

Well the problem with that is, the two AP/agi classes can both wield polearms, whereas if you started to put AP/agi on swords or axes, Druids couldn't use them, and if you put it on a mace, Hunters can't use it.

reVerse on
  • JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

The Obsidian Sanctum does actually have some lore behind it, but it's only found in books. They didn't really put any in the game which is an oversight. Naxxramas does too, but only on the alliance side which is completely useless for half the game population. I agree that we need more raid quests in the future.

What lore is this? I checked WoWwiki and found nothing.

Jutranjo on
    edited March 2009
    well, we're all mercenaries, fighting for honor and glory and loots

Some of you are. :wink:

Thomamelas on
  • TachTach Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Jutranjo wrote: »

Search for "Night of the Dragon"

Tach on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Warriors would wear T3.

I wouldn't.

I must be the only person who thinks warrior tier 7 looks shit.

I hate it, the shoulders remind me of the shoulders from Supremus, on a tauren they are far too high and not nearly wide enough

Dhalphir on
  • JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Tach wrote: »
    Jutranjo wrote: »

Search for "Night of the Dragon"
    So basically it's another egg breeding factory? With twilight/nether stuff mixed in instead of crazy goblins and labs?

Jutranjo on
  • LaonarLaonar Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Id wear the might set, that is my favorite, with the shield of lorderon grapic and quel'thas(SP) the sword from the book quest in vanilla.

Laonar on
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Warriors would wear T3.
    I wouldn't.

I must be the only person who thinks warrior tier 7 looks shit.

I hate it, the shoulders remind me of the shoulders from Supremus, on a tauren they are far too high and not nearly wide enough
    I don't care for the warriors T7 as much as I did for the T3 version. Dreadnaught looked better because:

1. Better color scheme. Brown and yellow (10 man) doesn't look nearly as good, and the slate blue and yellow (25 man) would be an acceptable alternative were it not for the bladed steel mohawk on the shoulders and helm. That set did not need embellishment of any sort, certainly not in the form of extra goddamned blades.

2. Better glove textures. I don't know what the hell the devs were thinking, but T3's glove textures looked much better, at least in my eyes, than the T7/7.5 versions do.

3. Boots. Actual boots that matched the set. Yeah, the offset boots that you can get sort of match, but as with the gloves, the texture just doesn't look as good.

That said, it's still a decent looking set to me, just not as good as it could have been.

Halfmex on
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    A lot of the armor sets don't stand out anymore, which is good and bad. Back in the day, you could pick out someone with Benediction or wearing Ten Storms shoulders in a crowd. I think the thing that sticks out nowadays are weapons and mounts.

I personally don't care either way. :P

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • RaykefireRaykefire Devil by the Deed Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    When my wife finally got her figureprint done she was wearing mostly sunwell stuff with the T5 hood and Benediction cause she thought it looked the best. I was a druid for BC so I never cared what I looked like...since I was always a chicken, tree, bear, or cat.

Raykefire on
    3dS: 2852-8431-6782
    XBox: Raykefire
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    reVerse wrote: »

Well the problem with that is, the two AP/agi classes can both wield polearms, whereas if you started to put AP/agi on swords or axes, Druids couldn't use them, and if you put it on a mace, Hunters can't use it.
    And if you had polearms itemized for str then TG warriors would be all "What the fuck"

-SPI- on
  • HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Thoughts on Icecrown Citadel bosses?
    I vote Bizzaro Bolvar, Now With 56% More DKâ„¢.

Hamurabi on
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I think Bolvar will be back as something good. Saurfang jr. on the other hand....

Poketpixie on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hamurabi wrote: »

I expect to see a ressurected and more powerful anub'arak (Seriously, he's a level 74 boss?!?) and perhaps Kel'thuzad as well.

Undead Scottsman on
    edited March 2009
    I vote Bizzaro Bolvar, Now With 56% More DK™.

I expect to see a ressurected and more powerful anub'arak (Seriously, he's a level 74 boss?!?) and perhaps Kel'thuzad as well.

Also a resurrected and more powerful Arugal.

And hell, while we're at it, a resurrected and more powerful Van Cleef.

reVerse on
    edited March 2009
    I vote Bizzaro Bolvar, Now With 56% More DK™.

Hey, the Lich King ressurected the ENTIRE CONTENTS of Naxxramas.. don't think he wouldn't do it again!

Undead Scottsman on
    edited March 2009

Hey, the Lich King ressurected the ENTIRE CONTECTS of Naxxramas.. don't think he wouldn't do it again!

That'd be a brilliant defence mechanism, like in that PA Halo comic: the Lich King resurrects all the bosses and mobs in Naxxramas and has built a new Naxxramas inside the Icecrown Citadel, and when the raiders get there they'll be all like "Naxxramas again? Fuck that shit, I'll go watch some porn instead" and leave.

reVerse on
    edited March 2009
    Seriously though, I think Anub'arak went out like a bitch and deserves to at least pop up in a raid.

Undead Scottsman on
    edited March 2009
    Seriously though, I think Anub'arak went out like a bitch and deserves to at least pop up in a raid.

Yeah, that nub was one of the better characters in War3. Great voice and everything.

reVerse on
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So, how 'bout that new WoW Mountain Dew?

http://www.wowinsider.com/2009/03/17/world-of-warcraft-mountain-dew-coming-soon/

Nerf your thirst!
    Oh god I'm so sorry.

Halfmex on
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ... So this is what it feels like to want to kill kittens. Interesting...
    Fucking Mountain Dew

Cokebotle on
    工事中
    edited March 2009
    Yay, Mountain Dew. My favourite drink!

We'll never get this crap in Finland, though.

reVerse on
This discussion has been closed.