As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-Phalla] Gekkoukan High School: Game Over, Student Victory!

• ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Hm, that's worryin'.

Thanks for all the hard work, Sunkist, you did well. Sorry about that.

Also apologies to Arasaki and Warban for gettin' y'all killed!

I'm gonna pack it up and head home, while I chew over this. Somethin' definitely went weird tonight.

edit: Damnit I was so hopin' for it to end tonight. Would've been near record time!

Obbi on
  • ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Was Orange Soda bus drivered onto? I mean, why else would the bad guys use two kills on him?

Edit: ...Wait, there were three vengeance kills?

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It was an incredibly bizarre combination of abilities that still to this point continues to break my mind. All PMs should be out, although again I slacked tonight, so odds are if you didn't get one, it's because there weren't any important results from your actions or they were obvious from narration.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Zerinan wrote: »
    Was Orange Soda bus drivered onto? I mean, why else would the bad guys use two kills on him?

But none last night. This is confusing :|. I'm interested to see afterwards what happened, since even TehSloth seems fascinated by it.

Such interesting mechanics :P!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited March 2009
    kime wrote: »

But none last night. This is confusing :|. I'm interested to see afterwards what happened, since even TehSloth seems fascinated by it.

I'm actually really looking forward to finding out all that happened behind the scenes after this is all over. So. What's the plan for today?

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
    edited March 2009

I'm actually really looking forward to finding out all that happened behind the scenes after this is all over. So. What's the plan for today?

Wait for Obbi, who has such incredible aim, to say something. I mean, I hate being a sheep, but he really has been doing well this game and now, he has all the info. Anything any of us suggest is going to be based on ignorance.

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited March 2009

Figure out who bullshitted me! "Aw naw Obbi I don't know nothin' 'bout that"

YOU FUCKERS TOTALLY DID, AND I WILL TEAR THE TEETH OUT OF YOUR SKULLS.

I just gotta figure out which one it is.

Obbi on
    edited March 2009
    The Obbi one is on a rampage!

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
    edited March 2009
    It's like bein' piss drunk while blindfolded, and you're tryin' to punch the one guy that's pissin' you off, but keep gettin' distracted by his smarmy friends.

Obbi on
    edited March 2009
    Is it just me, or is your avatar suddenly wearing shades and a 'fro?

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
    edited March 2009
    Don't let your mouth get your ass in trouble.

Obbi on
  • ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    OoOoOOOOoOoo

I told youuuu

OoOOOOoOOoO

Arasaki on
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ooOoo

True to my role, I was kinda lazy this game, and didn't do everything obbi asked me to do..sorry

Also, I probably wouldn't have noticed that I had died had I not took the time right now to look, it would have been likely that I would of popped in to vote tomorrow and not realized I was out...

OooO

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
    edited March 2009
    Borderline TMI, there!

Alright, as soon as I can get some answers out of some people, I'll get this show on the road.

Obbi on
    edited March 2009
    I don't think we're on the road yet. Did we miss the exit?

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
    edited March 2009
    just as soon as I get the answers I'm lookin' for...

it's really kinda terrible to go snoopin' around, waitin' on responses from people! Things where easier when I could just be like "That dude sounds like a jerk" and nix 'em.

Obbi on
    edited March 2009
    Alright, let's do some figurin' here, I got everybody sloted for clubs again.

If we go by the "Evils tend to lay low" rule, then these fellows:
    Loxx
    TheLawinator
    Ryadic
    MacGuffin

Are the ones most guilty of that rule.

If we go by "Well, so far the bad guys were never found in the same club. They've all been in different clubs", then we should ignore clubs that have had Revenger deaths, and move on to the ones that haven't.

If we go by that:
    Chess Club
    Sexy Commandos
    Horror Club
    SOS Brigade
    Baroque Club
    Slacker Club
    All have yet to have a Revenger death.

Incidentally, all four people previously mentioned fall victim to this idea as well.

On top of this, we have some last minute shenanigans flyin' around with club powers. I suspect a fair lump sum of that was around last night that caused the death of Orange Soda.

I deduce that !Loxx did not achieve his objective last night because he is evil. Or just insanely quiet and fell victim to some questionable rules by the host.

Obbi on
  • SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !Loxx for tonight then?

SpectralSpork on
    edited March 2009
    Feel free to speculate other possibilities, as usual I'm not all that confident in this choice.

Obbi on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    THELAW IS EVIL EVILLL

M.D. on
  • LoxxLoxx Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Obbi wrote: »
    I deduce that !Loxx did not achieve his objective last night because he is evil. Or just insanely quiet and fell victim to some questionable rules by the host, and a questionable decision by the village head.

You know why my objective failed last night. We don't know exactly how the mechanics are functioning behind the scenes, but it was still a bad choice on your part.

Also, the OP stated that mafia distribution would be entirely random and that groups wouldn't be a factor, so I don't know how you came to the conclusion that because there haven't been any evils in the same group so far, that there aren't any in the same groups at all.

Loxx on
    edited March 2009
    THELAW IS EVIL EVILLL
    Law for second place then, Mr. D!

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited March 2009
    Loxx wrote: »
    I deduce that !Loxx did not achieve his objective last night because he is evil. Or just insanely quiet and fell victim to some questionable rules by the host, and a questionable decision by the village head.

You know why my objective failed last night. We don't know exactly how the mechanics are functioning behind the scenes, but it was still a bad choice on your part.

Also, the OP stated that mafia distribution would be entirely random and that groups wouldn't be a factor, so I don't know how you came to the conclusion that because there haven't been any evils in the same group so far, that there aren't any in the same groups at all.

No, I don't know why your shit failed. We've pulled the same stunt before with the same conditions and it worked out fine. I'll admit we don't know exactly how everythin' goes down as far as the mechanics go, but this is somethin' that should have worked, provided you actually did what I asked.

My reasonin' for why I feel the bad guys aren't ever goin' to be in the same group is because I've yet to notice a group who's had a Revenger in there have any shenanigans occur after the Revenger's death. If a Revenger was still present in any of those other groups, I most likely would have been dead by now.

TheLawinator is just really absent, I've decided he's not really that suspicious. Please look at the other ones listed.

Obbi on
    edited March 2009
    TheLawinator and Ryadic, then.

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited March 2009
    I gotta get ready to half-understand the ramblin's of a Pakistani that doesn't grasp Object Oriented Programmin'. I'll be sorta around, the wifi at campus is a bit fickle.

I really should have talked to warban before I just off'd the poor bastard.

Obbi on
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'll go with Loxx, just because of his statement that the mafia might not be split up even. If he is indeed evil this might reveal a great deal.

MacGuffin on
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    May as well go with !Loxx for tonight.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    edited March 2009

No, I don't know why your shit failed. We've pulled the same stunt before with the same conditions and it worked out fine. I'll admit we don't know exactly how everythin' goes down as far as the mechanics go, but this is somethin' that should have worked, provided you actually did what I asked.

My reasonin' for why I feel the bad guys aren't ever goin' to be in the same group is because I've yet to notice a group who's had a Revenger in there have any shenanigans occur after the Revenger's death. If a Revenger was still present in any of those other groups, I most likely would have been dead by now.

TheLawinator is just really absent, I've decided he's not really that suspicious. Please look at the other ones listed.

You admit to not knowing how everything is working behind the scenes, but this totally should have worked, even though you haven't pulled the same stunt with the same conditions because those 2 abilities haven't been used together at all this game?

Loxx on
    edited March 2009
    MacGuffin wrote: »
    I'll go with Loxx, just because of his statement that the mafia might not be split up even. If he is indeed evil this might reveal a great deal.

Because I took the OP at face value, that makes me evil?

Loxx on
    edited March 2009
    As fucked up as it is, defending myself is frequently viewed as an admission of guilt in Phalla, so it's likely I'm getting voted out tonight regardless of what I do. I'm not evil, but I don't see much of a way of proving that to anyone. I've done everything Obbi asked this game, so this feels a bit like being stabbed in the back.

Thinking about it some more, Obbi, if you have pulled this stunt because another group has the same ability, then i can understand why you would pick me, but I did target the people you wanted, and Sloth wasn't consistent.

Loxx on
    edited March 2009
    I've done everything Obbi asked this game, so this feels a bit like being stabbed in the back.

Does this vote really matter that much? If you die, you die. It's unfortunate if Obbi is wrong, but it gives him more info and really increases his ability to find the rest of the baddies.

You can win whether you're alive or dead.

And if that statement is not true, then you aren't village-aligned anyways.

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited March 2009
    I've done everything Obbi asked this game, so this feels a bit like being stabbed in the back.

Does this vote really matter that much? If you die, you die. It's unfortunate if Obbi is wrong, but it gives him more info and really increases his ability to find the rest of the baddies.

Technically, even the dead can 'win', but it isn't really a win if your dead. At least that's how I count it.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
    edited March 2009

You admit to not knowing how everything is working behind the scenes, but this totally should have worked, even though you haven't pulled the same stunt with the same conditions because those 2 abilities haven't been used together at all this game?

Yes, they have.

edit: Not countin' a win just because you died as a villager is fairly foolish, as the villager really only has two things to its name; workin' the bandwagon, and dyin' for the greater good.

I'll admit this bandwagon doesn't have the most sound of reasonin', they hardly ever do. I've just narrowed down the remainin' sources of quirks in the game to a select few people, and since there's no true bus driver club in the game, I find them shady.

It's possible TehSloth placed a handicap on your club ability. But my current game plan for rootin' out bad guys has (sorta) worked so far, and I don't want to stray from it just because I like the Pink Panther.

Obbi on
    edited March 2009

Technically, even the dead can 'win', but it isn't really a win if your dead. At least that's how I count it.

Oh, I guess I'm different. If I'm a villager or good special, I consider it a win if the village wins. Most times the role PMs agree, sometimes they say I have to survive too, but I just ignore that part usually. Sometimes sacrificing your life can truly benefit the village, so if I or someone else does that and the village wins, seems to me that they should be part of that win also?

In other words, your wrong! So there! :P

kime on
    Steam profile
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !Loxx

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited March 2009

Except, in this case, it's not going to really gain much information. You'll lose a villager and an ability.

And yes, you can still win whether you're alive or dead. But the fun, at least for me, is from being involved in the game. Technically, I won in the Transformers/Joes game, but it wasn't a very exciting win, since I died the first night to the vote. I'll be glad when the village wins this game, but I'd like to be alive at the end if possible. I don’t mind taking one for the team if necessary, but I dont see that being the case here. If you think that just makes me selfish, so be it.

Loxx on
    edited March 2009

Except, in this case, it's not going to really gain much information. You'll lose a villager and an ability.

And yes, you can still win whether you're alive or dead. But the fun, at least for me, is from being involved in the game. Technically, I won in the Transformers/Joes game, but it wasn't a very exciting win, since I died the first night to the vote. I'll be glad when the village wins this game, but I'd like to be alive at the end if possible. I don’t mind taking one for the team if necessary, but I dont see that being the case here. If you think that just makes me selfish, so be it.

Hi5 for being selfish! No seriously, I'm generally selfish when it comes to dying as a villager in these games. Yea, it might help "the greater good" but I'm still gonna be dead. That is why I believe I've only won twice.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ...I really don't know what to do here. I'm too tired to work through the reasoning properly, so for that reason, after skimming Obbi's explanation post, I'll have to go with !Ryadic. He's a turtle.

Kay2 on
    edited March 2009
    a Ryadic is fine too.

Obbi on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm going with Ryadic because I feel bad that Loxx got Day 1'd in my game. Even though it's far from Day 1 in this game and such considerations shouldn't matter.

Don't judge me!

FunkyWaltDogg on