As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Bow down before the God of [Chat]

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Honestly fighting Arthas should just be you beating back his revived lieutenants one by one (or two by three) as the whose who of WoW Lore goes to town on Arthas.

Seriously, how badass would that be? All the NPCs executing strategems and such, yelling at you to do your job, you fighting off the lieutenants to buy them just enough time.

Never gonna happen. Too many people would be like "...couldn't they have just gotten NPC's to deal with the trash too? Do I even need to be here?"

It'll be the players to take down Arthas, hands down. I would be amazed, and rather shocked, if it happened any other way.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    it's probably gonna be something like illadin but replace maiev with fordring

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    TheTishTheTish Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Little Jim wrote: »
    it's probably gonna be something like illadin but replace maiev with fordring

I certainly hope not... Illidan was so anticlimactic, it was depressing.

TheTish on
    sig-1117080.jpg
    -- Gnome mage enchantress and inscriptionologist... er scribbler --
    sig-1497520.jpg
    sig-1497534.jpg
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The end of the fight should be: You get Arthas to 1%, the whole raid and several Level ?? (Boss) NPCs are hammering on him, but you can't seem to finish him off, he's practically immortal with 1 HP remaining...until all of a sudden you hear from the back of the room:

30874164.jpg

SabreMau on
  • Options
    EriosErios Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    After we've spent everything trying to kill him and only weakening him, Kael'thas will be our savior in our darkest hour. He will arrive in Icecrown and defeat Arthas in a duel of monologues, crushing the weakened Lich King.

Erios on
    Steam: erios23, Live: Coconut Flavor, Origin: erios2386.
  • Options
    DkarrdeDkarrde Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Erios wrote: »
    After we've spent everything trying to kill him and only weakening him, Kael'thas will be our savior in our darkest hour. He will arrive in Icecrown and defeat Arthas in a duel of monologues, crushing the weakened Lich King.

Don't look so smug...

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    He's dead.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Rizzi wrote: »
    He's dead.

so's arthas...

dojango on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    dojango wrote: »
    He's dead.

so's arthas...

Yes.. But he's still walking around.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    DkarrdeDkarrde Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    He's dead.

This is Warcraft Lorelol we're talking about here. That's no guarantee of anything in the future.

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ScroffusScroffus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Regarding the (long dead) discussion about defending in AB, what I've always hated is that you are penalised for defending. Usually you will gain less HKs and even I think less bonus honor (is there a new system in now where you get less honor based on what happens? I notice that everyone seems to get different amounts now) when you are the guy defending farm. It's pretty boring too sitting there doing nothing, when I join AB, it usually means I'm looking to have some fun pvping, not standing around doing nothing for 15-30 minutes.

Scroffus on
  • Options
    CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    One thing that I think we might see in Icecrown (or as a 1-off Onyxia-type raid) is a full-fledged proto-dragon. Northrend is lousy with proto-drakes, but I'm surprised we haven't come across a proto-dragon anywhere (and I don't think Razorscale in Ulduar is supposed to be one).

Also, re: Arthas, we're definitely not doing that one without a little help from our friends. At the very least Fordring and Mograine will be there in some capacity, and possibly other NPCs (Sylvanas, etc.) will help in the event. I also wonder where Zombie Bolvar Fordragon (and possibly Saurfang the Younger? Or was his body recovered?) fits into Icecrown, will he be his own encounter or will he be part of the Arthas fight?

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You should really only be rewarded for fighting at the chokes or the flags, and fighting everywhere else should get you badges of stupid which you can spend on gear with "MORON" on it in big red letters.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Heh, it would be awesome if the Scourge managed to raise that giant proto-dragon. Everyone would be screwed, but it'd be awesome.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Arthas would probably be killable given that they've already given two major reasons for him to be weakened,
    Took a big dose of the "kill everything" plague, and then Tirion smashed his heart into tiny pieces which really pissed him off. If they wanted, they could also have Ner'zhul get revenge on Arthas somehow to further weaken him.

Plus we'll probably have Tirion smacking him with the Ashbringer which I imagine can't be too terribly good for his health.

I'm wondering where the entrance to the Icecrown Citadel raid will be. The big obvious main entrance? The Wrathgate? Or are they just going to blow a hole in the side again like Black Temple instead of using a proper entrance?

Lars on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I hope Arthas dies but in the process some greater evil is unleashed. That's pretty cliche but at the same time, he's such a big part of...everything that's wrong with the world, that there has to be something ready to take his place.

Either the evil in him passes to the one who slays him, such as Tirion, or in the process of deciding what to do with Frostmourne it mysteriously goes missing. Or with his dying breath, he completes a summoning spell that unleashes an old god on Azeroth.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I hope Arthas dies but in the process some greater evil is unleashed. That's pretty cliche but at the same time, he's such a big part of...everything that's wrong with the world, that there has to be something ready to take his place.

Well there's the Naga, apparently planning to come up to the surface in near future, and whatever crap that's corrupting the Emerald Dream.

reVerse on
  • Options
    MaloMalo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I personally wouldn't like it if we were allowed to finish Arthas off so soon. I mean we killed Illidan (one of the most badass characters from WC3) and now he just sits there in outland getting pugged once in a while by a group of 5 lvl 80's. I don't know. There's just this feeling that Arthas being killed off so soon is not epic at all becouse he's just going to end up, an expansion or two down the road, being pugged by some bored lvl 100's.

Malo on
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Arthas should be easy.. that one incident in Icecrown dropped him from ~11 million hitpoints to about 3.

So it should be about a 10 second fight for any 25 man group.

xzzy on
  • Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Heh, it would be awesome if the Scourge managed to raise that giant proto-dragon. Everyone would be screwed, but it'd be awesome.

'that' giant proto-dragon? do you mean the bones they are digging up in the Dragonblight? if so,

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Heroth wrote: »

'that' giant proto-dragon? do you mean the bones they are digging up in the Dragonblight? if so,

...That's a normal dragon (specifically an old consort of Malygos (hence the gosa part of her name)) raised as a normal Frost Wyrm. Also, he was raised in Icecrown, not the Dragonblight (You can see the cliff the Lich King stood on and the pit left by her body in Icecrown in the spot got "Sindragosa's rest") The article even explains all that.

I'm talking about the Galakrond

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Oh, and it doesn't help that, upon being inquired why you are going there and fighting this dragon, you reply, "Because he's black."

:lol:
    Heroth wrote: »

You mean these bones?

riz on
  • Options
    CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Malo wrote: »
    I personally wouldn't like it if we were allowed to finish Arthas off so soon. I mean we killed Illidan (one of the most badass characters from WC3) and now he just sits there in outland getting pugged once in a while by a group of 5 lvl 80's. I don't know. There's just this feeling that Arthas being killed off so soon is not epic at all becouse he's just going to end up, an expansion or two down the road, being pugged by some bored lvl 100's.

Illidan was an idiot and a chump and getting shook down for his Warglaives by level 80 pugs is about as good as he deserves. He was powerful, sure, but what did he ever accomplish? Pretty much nothing. He's been yanked around, used, and manipulated by anyone with an artifact to dangle in front of his face. He has committed some of the biggest boneheaded mistakes in history (like re-creating the Well of Eternity and attacking Shattrath City for no good reason). He double-triple-quadruple-crossed everyone to the point where nobody trusted him and even his friends and family cut him loose. Even Kael'thas, a world-class chump in his own regard, recognized that the guy was just nuts and ditched him for the Burning Legion.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I still can't get over what little effort they put into the Season 6 armor sets, my god. They literally just took the S5 gear, added little fins or spikes here and there, slapped a new coat of paint on them and just called it a day.

I've seen some lazy designs before but holy shit. I mean, the least they could have done was nothing, but this wasn't much more than that. It's hilarious.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I guess that's slightly better than recoloring tier 3 sets.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I suppose, though at least with the T3 sets there are some particle effects and shit; that armor already looked impressive. The Season 5 stuff looks pretty lame in comparison. I have to wonder what their art team does with all of their free time.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Halfmex wrote: »
    I suppose, though at least with the T3 sets there are some particle effects and shit; that armor already looked impressive. The Season 5 stuff looks pretty lame in comparison. I have to wonder what their art team does with all of their free time.

Slaves away in the Disney Vault

Swims in the vault of money out back

Thinks of other phalic symbols to sneak into the armor

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    They probably paid some college kid $1000 to do this 5 or so years ago and just kept it all on a CD and every time they need a new set they go in and pull one of the thousands of models, change some colors, change the ratio a little bit, and put it in.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I dunno... I kinda like the idea that the pvp set seems to be a design that will be gradually evolving over the course of several seasons.

TheTish on
    sig-1117080.jpg
    sig-1497520.jpg
    sig-1497534.jpg
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2009
    TheTish wrote: »
    I dunno... I kinda like the idea that the pvp set seems to be a design that will be gradually evolving over the course of several seasons.
    Slightly more feathers! Death Knights get racing stripes!

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    frylockedfrylocked Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Back in vanilla, when you saw someone in t3 shoulder / helm, you knew that they were a bad ass in a good guild. (at least on my server).

Now its like, gratz you can get in a PUG.

frylocked on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

ADD MORE SKULLS.

riz on
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    i wouldn't mind if the shaman set didn't actually look worse

which is saying a lot when you look at the horror that is shaman season 5 (especially from the side!)

fuckin'

fuckin'

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    riz wrote: »

ADD MORE SKULLS.

Needs more skulls than Arthas on the loading screen.

Skull = bling. Golden skulls?

Jutranjo on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Skulls with skulls for eyes.

riz on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Needs more skulls.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Needs more lions.

midoinitrite?

bowen on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Needs more glowy bits :)

But hey... I'm one of those ballsy mages who has embraced the fact that glowy shoulders make us big targets. Yeah, that's right, come at me and eat flaming death.

TheTish on
    sig-1117080.jpg
    sig-1497520.jpg
    sig-1497534.jpg
  • Options
    MaloMalo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Possibly lion skulls?

Malo on
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    riz wrote: »
    Skulls with skulls for eyes.
    All that incredibly cool artwork for Death Knights, all the spiky death plate designs, all the awesome rune-weapon sketches, and two of the baddest sets of starting gear ever.

All of it wasted. None of it used in later DK gear. It's a god-damn shame.

Tach on
This discussion has been closed.