As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Bow down before the God of [Chat]

• ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dkarrde wrote: »
    Erios wrote: »
    After we've spent everything trying to kill him and only weakening him, Kael'thas will be our savior in our darkest hour. He will arrive in Icecrown and defeat Arthas in a duel of monologues, crushing the weakened Lich King.

Don't look so smug...

I know what you're thinking, but the Sunwell was merely a setback. Did you honestly believe I would trust the future to some red, half-bald eredar mongrel? Hahahaha... Oh no, no, no, he was merely an instrument, a stepping stone to a much larger plan! It has all led to this...and this time, you will not interfere!"

??
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    TheTish wrote: »
    I dunno... I kinda like the idea that the pvp set seems to be a design that will be gradually evolving over the course of several seasons.
    Slightly more feathers! Death Knights get racing stripes!

The helm looks like something out of star wars rogue squadron

Red 5 standing by.

Zerokku on
  • DmanDman Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Tach wrote: »
    riz wrote: »
    Skulls with skulls for eyes.
    All that incredibly cool artwork for Death Knights, all the spiky death plate designs, all the awesome rune-weapon sketches, and two of the baddest sets of starting gear ever.

All of it wasted. None of it used in later DK gear. It's a god-damn shame.

Well I appreciate the warning, now I can hang on to my DK alt's starting gear so i can strut around in it later.

Dman on
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    All that incredibly cool artwork for Death Knights, all the spiky death plate designs, all the awesome rune-weapon sketches, and two of the baddest sets of starting gear ever.

My DK still has his starter green set, and his starter blue set, sitting in the bank. I just can't let myself get rid of it.. I got this lingering hope that Blizzard will give us "appearance item slots" for our characters.

xzzy on
  • frylockedfrylocked Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

It is reused in Naxx drops as the 'generic' non set epics, at least the second blue set is.

frylocked on
  • TachTach Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The biggest insult I think, is that armor with the same look is available to freaking warriors.

WTF?

Tach on
    edited March 2009
    You are correct, it is a slap in the face. I am going to quit unless this is changed blue.

frylocked on
  • TachTach Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    frylocked wrote: »
    You are correct, it is a slap in the face. I am going to quit unless this is changed blue.
    Har.

Junior Barnes, you are soooo funny hahahahahaha.

Tach on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    What the hell is wrong with me. I told myself I'd never play this game again... And here I am. Making a human warlock.

Someone stop me.

urahonky on
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    join the club, i was thinking of getting 'rid of' my main account and maybe one day starting over, now I am considering playing again and keeping the damn thing.

I actally am considering playing my 70 lock to 80 so it must be these changes. Depends on how long 3.1 takes to get here I guess weather I do it or not.

Kai_San on
    edited March 2009
    I gave my account to a guy for a wedding gift, so I had to start over. :P Oh well. I don't really mind. Last time I played was about a week after BC came out... And holy shit leveling is so much easier now. Am I imagining this? I hit 12 in like 4 hours.

urahonky on
    edited March 2009
    urahonky wrote: »
    I gave my account to a guy for a wedding gift, so I had to start over. :P Oh well. I don't really mind. Last time I played was about a week after BC came out... And holy shit leveling is so much easier now. Am I imagining this? I hit 12 in like 4 hours.

You're not. Some changes in 2.3 made leveling in the old world much much easier/quicker.

Zerokku on
    edited March 2009
    I gave my account to a guy for a wedding gift

lol, way to start undermining the marriage before it even started :)

frylocked on
    edited March 2009

Lol he didn't change the password either, and apparently he last logged on at like 2:30am... I think I've ruined the poor guy's marriage already. :P

e: that would explain it Zerokku.

urahonky on
  • tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    haha, I just signed back up 2 days ago after a big break. I can't decide which character I want to make my new main. I have 5 horde toons to choose from or my dwarf.

part of me wants to switch to alliance to make things interesting. Every time I play on alliance I run into many idiots.

tallgeeze on
    edited March 2009

Lol he didn't change the password either, and apparently he last logged on at like 2:30am... I think I've ruined the poor guy's marriage already. :P

Is it part of a grand scheme to covet thy neighbors wife? Its ok to tell us... we wont tell!

frylocked on
    edited March 2009

Is it part of a grand scheme to covet thy neighbors wife? Its ok to tell us... we wont tell!

Uhh... Nope. I can promise you that... She weighs twice as much as I do, and I have a girl I'm marrying in a few months. :)

urahonky on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    And Ura's fiancee is smokin' hot.
    At least, I like to imagine she is after hearing all the stuff he put up with from her and her family around election time.

edit: Speaking of wive's there was a group forming for [For The Horde] in trade last night, and it started this retarded discussion about how you shouldn't let people go if they were less than 75, because they wouldn't be any use, which devolved into a debate as to whether they could even hit the bosses. I said "my wife's DK could hit them just fine at 70" and this guy immediately goes "your wife is a whore"

Goddamnit people! Why you gotta make me report your stupid ass?

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2009
    And Ura's fiancee is smokin' hot.
    At least, I like to imagine she is after hearing all the stuff he put up with from her and her family around election time.

I laughed so hard at this, if only cause I remember reading all the shit from the election threads

Zerokku on
    edited March 2009
    HAHAH yeah, let's say that politics and abortion are the only things we've butt heads about. I can promise you that. :P But now she's finally coming around. She used to be so upset with my Obama sticker on my car... But now she doesn't say anything about it. :P I think I've finally won.

urahonky on
    edited March 2009
    Either that or you've broken her spirit :P

Zerokku on
    edited March 2009
    HAHAH yeah, let's say that politics and abortion are the only things we've butt heads about. I can promise you that. :P But now she's finally coming around. She used to be so upset with my Obama sticker on my car... But now she doesn't say anything about it. :P I think I've finally won.

No, she is just suppressing the political anger into a little hate ball, to be used upon you later. Want to know where the WMDs are? With your fiance!

frylocked on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Zerokku wrote: »

This only really matters if it's a relevant stat to her class

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    edited March 2009
    Don't worry guys. I sleep with one eye open.

urahonky on
  • MaloMalo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Zerokku wrote: »

This only really matters if it's a relevant stat to her class

I've always heard that wives are warlocks since they eat your soul.

Malo on
  • mturalonmturalon Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Don't worry guys. I sleep with one eye open.

Gripping your pillow tight?

mturalon on
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    he he heee

he thinks he's won

Oh, how I miss those days of sweet naiveté.

Halfmex on
  • rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Halfmex wrote: »
    he he heee

he thinks he's won

I was just about to say... You better get a reality check dude. Once you get married, you are going to be MISERABLE unless you seriously re-evaluate your ideas of "winning."

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2009
    Leveling as Destro isn't so bad. Especially when you're still in SM blues and suddenly Outland shit is pouring in. Suddenly it's pretty damn awesome.

I also beat a 64 Death Knight in a duel. At 60. With under 3,000 HP. And no PvP trinket. Being polite about it might have been a disservice to him. Boy is going to have issues when he sucks that bad at 80.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2009
    And this thread has taught me that the main rule of marriage is "Let the Wookiee win."

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited March 2009
    he he heee

he thinks he's won

I was just about to say... You better get a reality check dude. Once you get married, you are going to be MISERABLE unless you seriously re-evaluate your ideas of "winning."

Oh I'll take her not hounding me about it as "winning" if I can. :)

urahonky on
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    And this thread has taught me that the main rule of marriage is "don't do it."
    The only way to win is not to play.

Halfmex on
  • DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    he he heee

he thinks he's won

Yep I tried going that route once.

Best of luck!

(You'll need it)

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
    edited March 2009
    I'm a pretty crafty arguer. I've won a lot of stuff... Like... Ahh... Being able to keep my 50" DLP TV in our new apartment....

Oh God...

urahonky on
  • MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hey, I have a 50'' DLP too.

We are TV brothers.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
    edited March 2009
    That's certainly worth a hi5. A super hi5 if it's Samsung.

urahonky on
  • MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Magnavox. I wish it was a Samsung, I've had some issues.

I got it 2 years ago in February, the bulb burnt out in November that year, and upon calling to get a replacement, I found out they no longer manufactured that part. Then they said they could make one for me, but it wouldn't be ready until the following June. Fuck that.

They ended up sending me a whole new TV. Same dimensions and everything, just a different model and everything has been ok.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Magnavox? I thought they died years ago.

tallgeeze on
  • rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    In other news, that citigroup investment I made a week ago is now +107.63%.

It's my kid's college fund. Wow.

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
    edited March 2009
    Metacortex wrote: »

I got it 2 years ago in February, the bulb burnt out in November that year, and upon calling to get a replacement, I found out they no longer manufactured that part. Then they said they could make one for me, but it wouldn't be ready until the following June. Fuck that.

They ended up sending me a whole new TV. Same dimensions and everything, just a different model and everything has been ok.

Oh that sucks! Glad it got taken care of...

I've owned my Samsung since... Ah I guess I'm going on 3 years now, and I haven't had to replace the bulb yet. But I know it's time is coming.

urahonky on
    edited March 2009
    Metacortex wrote: »

Oh that sucks! Glad it got taken care of...

I've owned my Samsung since... Ah I guess I'm going on 3 years now, and I haven't had to replace the bulb yet. But I know it's time is coming.

Dont DLP TVs more resemble tank then tv in size? Or am I thinking of projector tvs?

frylocked on
This discussion has been closed.