As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

For those of us in EASTERN Canada!

Q ZeroQ Zero Registered User regular
edited April 2005 in PAX Archive
Alright all you Canadian PAX freaks *myself included* Who from eastern canada has enough.. courage to be driving to PAX? or at least to victoria to catch the clipper? Cuz I think a big group of us would be SO much cheaper than flying, also because I'm broke, lol. But gas money would be easier to deal with than several hundred dollars in flight money

Any takers? :D

erich

Sometimes you just have to say.. what the fuck
Q Zero on

• Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    All I can say is good luck, pal.

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    AfflictionAffliction Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    or at least to victoria to catch the clipper?
    You'll save yourself many, many hours of screwing around simply by driving across the border at Peace Arch. Taking the Clipper is only necessary if you don't have a car and want adventure.

Affliction on
  • Options
    edited April 2005
    Peace Arch? Never heard of it.. Fill me in?

Although I was hopin to take a look around vancouver cuz I was hopin to move there if I get accepted in vancouver film school.

:shock: erich :shock:

*fixed* oops

Q Zero on
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    uuuuh... dude... Vancouver Film School... is in Vancouver... there's is an 40min drive to ferrys hour and a half ferry ride and a 40 min drive to downtown Van between here and there....

just FYI

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    AndwarfAndwarf Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    The film school's a nice place. I helped out for one of Oscar Nam's productions, there, once. Good people.

Andwarf on
    Most inanimate objects find me at least mildly agreeable!
  • Options
    edited April 2005
    yeah, I've heard a lot of good things about it, and samll_lady you'll notice I fixed my last message, just for you :p

erich :shock:

Q Zero on
  • Options
    edited April 2005
    :=P

SmallLady on
  • Options
    twispbytwispby Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    i think your better off not driving from the east coast. i'm in alberta with a group of 5 going and i think we're better off just flying for the 4 hundred bucks a piece than driving for 13 hours and not worrying about getting lost, our rising gas prices, and not killing your friend on the long drive. but to each his own.

twispby on
    twispby.png
  • Options
    edited April 2005
    Point well taken...

Considering, that my friend, a 6'3 behemoth like 270lb.. LOVES to whistle showtunes, themes from commercials, and LOVES to quote CHIP, in which case, I think he's better of dead. :twisted:

q zero :shock:

Q Zero on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2005
    I'll be taking the ferry from here, I live in Victoria right now. You don't want to drive to BC, or Washington for that matter. I used to live in Red Deer, Alberta, when I moved, my mom and I drove here. I will never do that again. If you're worried about costs, and don't mind an insanely long trip, take the greyhound.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    AfflictionAffliction Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    Q Zero wrote:
    Peace Arch? Never heard of it.. Fill me in?
    Border crossing. It's called that because it's next to a monument on the border celebrating 100 years of peace between the US and Canada. There's a park where you can go hang out with Americans without having to go through customs.

MPSvc.aspx?MPMtd=M&L=USA&C=49.00410594020909%2c-122.7565437453701&A=25&S=800%2c740&PN=1692879850&UA=5473,660,1&gb=13

Affliction on
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    I'm currently in Vancouver, and would love nothing more than to hang out and take the clipper with a bunch of forumers. Get a hold of me if you're heading out that way.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    edited April 2005
    I believe there are about 8 or 9 of us from Visland taking the clipper over... so your more than welcome to join us... My group of 6 is planing on taking the 11:30 (?) am ferry...

SmallLady on
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    I have one question about PAX. and it is as follows.

"Does everyone get all drunk and/or stoned together?"

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.