As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Bow down before the God of [Chat]

• MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    DLPs are the middle ground between projections and flat panels.

And now that I think about it, it might have been 3 years ago when I bought the original.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    frylocked wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    Metacortex wrote: »
    Magnavox. I wish it was a Samsung, I've had some issues.

I got it 2 years ago in February, the bulb burnt out in November that year, and upon calling to get a replacement, I found out they no longer manufactured that part. Then they said they could make one for me, but it wouldn't be ready until the following June. Fuck that.

They ended up sending me a whole new TV. Same dimensions and everything, just a different model and everything has been ok.

Oh that sucks! Glad it got taken care of...

I've owned my Samsung since... Ah I guess I'm going on 3 years now, and I haven't had to replace the bulb yet. But I know it's time is coming.

Dont DLP TVs more resemble tank then tv in size? Or am I thinking of projector tvs?

Those are projection TVs. I would never buy one of those. They are ginormous.

DLPs are bigger than LCDs and smaller than projos. The best bang for the buck, in my opinion.

urahonky on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Boss test was cancelled on the PTRs for tonight due to a new build coming out. Let's cross our fingers for some good news eh? Maybe some implementation of spirit usefulness to mages, or the complete elimination of penalties from warrior stances (a goal they stated a couple weeks ago).

Henroid on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Based on happenings in the profession thread, I propose a new rule:

Whensoever, in arguing about an MMO, a poster makes any form of real-world analogy, that poster has lost the argument.

Someone come up with a name for it.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Fusticating.

Dhalphir on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Analogies Suck?

Henroid on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    although, i agree with what he was saying, I don't see anything wrong with undercutting. its all about getting my stuff sold.

Dhalphir on
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dyscord wrote: »

Whensoever, in arguing about an MMO, a poster makes any form of real-world analogy, that poster has lost the argument.

"I need to make up rules to win arguments"'s Law?

shryke on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2009
    shryke wrote: »

"I need to make up rules to win arguments"'s Law?
    Godwin's Game.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Does anyone know much about applying for scholarships/grants/etc? I need help. PM me if you think you're the person for the job, or if you want to send me nudes.

Sure, I could post this in a more relevant forum/thread.... but there's a bunch of weirdos outside of this place. And they scare me.

EDIT: In an effort to make this game related....

Where's the best place for tin? I was thinking about trying 1k Needles, but not sure if that's the best place. And I forgot where to go since the last miner I leveled up.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2009
    Anything scary in H/A gets an infraction pretty quick. It's probably the place where fucking around is tolerated least of all.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited March 2009
    Okey dokey, I'll head on over there then.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    Analogies Suck?

Suck like a vacuum.

xzzy on
  • RaykefireRaykefire Devil by the Deed Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yes all arguments about video games and on the internet must be based on feelings, unfounded opinions, and malicious anonymity. Real life examples should never be used to parallel games, and the idea of economics in a microcosm and being used for an allegory should be banned. Furthermore irony and sarcasm are also forbidden.

Raykefire on
    3dS: 2852-8431-6782
    XBox: Raykefire
    edited March 2009
    I think real life examples should be mandatory and only make references to Nazism.

And how much faster is Outlands leveling? I've heard anywhere from 40%-60% less experience.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    i'm level 65 and 3/4s of the way through zangarmarsh

so it's much less

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
    edited March 2009
    But you'd suck a dong for experience, so your actual game experience may be an anomaly.

I can't blame you. It's not your fault dong tastes so good.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    jesus christ is that a dick brb

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • MillbuddahMillbuddah Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Fuzzledumpling!

Millbuddah on
    edited March 2009
    Holy shit. When did they OP Paladins??? Your seals last 30 minutes, judgement gives you health per hit, and your buffs last 10 minutes? Man.

urahonky on
    edited March 2009
    MMO Champ has the new PTR notes up. T8 bonuses up. At this moment some notes are still being worked on by the site owners.

Henroid on
  • ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Holy shit. When did they OP Paladins??? Your seals last 30 minutes, judgement gives you health per hit, and your buffs last 10 minutes? Man.

The amount of Quality of Life changes that have been put in this game for the past 8 or so months have been astounding.

Zerokku on
    edited March 2009
    Zerokku wrote: »

The amount of Quality of Life changes that have been put in this game for the past 8 or so months have been astounding.

I was just thinking that...

Except they need to raise the level of the NPCs in towns. Horde are here in SH just raping the entire town so I can't fly back to SW to train. :(

urahonky on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    My Hunter is 1/2 a level away from starting Outlands and I'm suddenly getting the itch to make a Warrior.

Maybe it's just the thought of going through Hellfire again.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    edited March 2009
    Gladiator mounts are Frost Wyrms...

There better be some sort of PvE version available eventually.

Zerokku on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    We aren't OP. We just don't suck ass anymore.

Rizzi on
    edited March 2009
    Rizzi wrote: »
    We aren't OP. We just don't suck ass anymore.

I don't know, on one hand it isn't nearly as annoying to play them anymore. On the other hand, Leveling a paladin is essentially auto attack for 10 secs, judgement, and more autoattack. Till 60 (50?). And god does that get boring.

Zerokku on
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

I sure hope so. I would imagine them being the 2.3 raiding mounts, as such would be thematically appropriate.

Edit: Also, alot of the T8 bonuses look great.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    edited March 2009
    After playing a Rogue, Warlock, and Paladin.... leveling a Warrior is beyond frustrating.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

There sure as fuck better be. That's the ONE mount I want more than anything else, ever since I saw it way back when it got leaked in Alpha. If the devs pull this 'favoritism for PvPers' bullshit...ugh...so much nerdrage.

Halfmex on
  • rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Really...

Favoritism for PvPers. You're serious?

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You sound incredulous, as though that's not happened before.

Halfmex on
    edited March 2009
    Eh, well I was just thinking about the fact that there have been a total of 2 new battlegrounds introduced since vanilla WoW.

How many new instance dungeons have been introduced? 20? 30? 50?

What about unique mounts... How many mounts are available exclusively for PvP (that aren't just recolors of existing mounts)?

rehtonAesoohC on
  • Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Eh, well I was just thinking about the fact that there have been a total of 2 new battlegrounds introduced since vanilla WoW.

How many new instance dungeons have been introduced? 20? 30? 50?

What about unique mounts... How many mounts are available exclusively for PvP (that aren't just recolors of existing mounts)?

Armoured Netherdrakes? The face that outside of raiding, and low drop rates, you can only get 310% mounts from being a Glad.

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
    edited March 2009
    Sorry, I don't have much sympathy for a method of play that's entirely ancillary to the main game itself. If people dig PvP in this game, super, but this "exclusive to gladiators" bullshit got annoying in TBC once they started slapping rating restrictions on arena gear. What, an exclusive, faster-than-anything-else-in-the-game mount, exclusive title and access to the top-tier (for its time) gear aren't enough?

Just rubs me the wrong way. And to be fair, exclusivity in either case is annoying. My point is just that I sincerely hope they have a PvE equivalent (just as they did for the Netherdrakes in TBC) of these Frost Wyrms, because that will be really annoying if they don't.

Halfmex on
    edited March 2009
    All glads get the 310% mount?

rehtonAesoohC on
  • Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    All glads get the 310% mount?

Yup.

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
    edited March 2009
    Oh snap.

Well that means I need about 200 more rating.

rehtonAesoohC on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wheee. T7 gloves for my ret paladin get!
    Now to get in to Naxx..

Rizzi on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeeeaaah I'm figuring that the Glory of the Raider mounts for Icecrown Citadel will be 310% frostwyrms, it'd be bullshit otherwise. Actually it's kinda bullshit already, the first "season" of PVE in WLK gives proto-drakes so the first season of WLK PVP should give gladiator proto-drakes as well.

riz on
This discussion has been closed.