As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] Gekkoukan High School: Game Over, Student Victory!

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    We supposed to vote? If so, !Kay

Si

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Damnit. So much for a perfect streak. Ah well, I've abandoned all hope of havin' this be a good runnin' anyway when this game got past day 4.

Lesse, Student Council kill was guarded by someone from the Horror Club. Student Council is comprised of TheLawinator and Kay.

which one to vote out...

Obbi on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Obbi wrote: »
    Damnit. So much for a perfect streak. Ah well, I've abandoned all hope of havin' this be a good runnin' anyway when this game got past day 4.

Lesse, Student Council kill was guarded by someone from the Horror Club. Student Council is comprised of TheLawinator and Kay.

which one to vote out...

Err... whoops

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Let's see... !Kay, !Mr. D

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Naw, naw, I got it.

MacGuffin probably blocked the student council, though I believe I was told that those kind of powers didn't work on clubs. Ah well, there were multiple block groups out there, I guess some variations were bound to be around.

That would potentially mean Mr. D is a liar, as he didn't do as I asked.

Suddenly, things have gotten a bit awkward.

Obbi on
  • Options
    ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So, who all is left alive, anyway?

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Mr. D, who's already had a mafia removed from his club and has been on the level with me. This is the first time I've actually really called him into question.

Grumbles, who's already had a mafia removed from his club and has been strangely quiet. Then again, who hasn't?

Zerinan who's already had a mafia removed from his club and is a bit more talkative. Which kinda sticks out at this point how you're not dead.

Me, who has been really off in this later part of the game.

JaysonFour, who already had a mafia removed from his group and is also fairly talkative.

Then there's Kay and TheLawinator, who haven't had a mafia removed from their group, both have been quiet.

Hum. This "block" that's occured for the Student Council is gonna need some light shed on it, because two things could have happened from this.

Obbi on
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    oOoOoO
    Sloth fixed the narration... the lawinator is dead
    oOoOoO

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    That makes things a lot easier. Thanks again, Sunkist!

Obbi on
  • Options
    ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I can explain why I've been chatting it up, but not why I'm not dead. Not that I'm gonna complain about it or anything.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wait, what? I'm not a member of the student council.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    !Mr. Defecation for the sake of insurance. He's most likely not evil, I'm pretty sure I know who the Revenger is at this point. But, you know, if he was, he could totally use his Animal Activist intercept to take the guard off me and onto himself, allowin' himself to survive any other kill that'd we use to clean up.

Obbi on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Mr. D for the win!

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    So the Animal Appreciation society can BusDrive, but it doesn't effect the vote? Interesting.

I guess I should go with !Mr Embarkation in that case.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    they were able to take crap happenin' to somebody and have it happen to whoever sent in the order. Sunkist helped me out a bunch in protectin' certain people, or myself when I sensed the Revengers were gonna pull some crazy crap.

He probably died because he was one guard-count short of all the kill-counts that got built up from the Slacker Club's temporal anomaly.

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    thanks for telling our club ability punk. AS President of the club I think you are an animal abuser with that there fish on your head.

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Oh, it was -them- that targetted our club on the first day.

Figure it's the last day tonight, then?

Kay2 on
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    oOoOoOoO
    The club should have been "The Seal Club"
    OoOoOoOo

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    KAY IS AN ANIMAL ABUSER BOTH TO STUFFED AND LIVING ANIMALS, FREE THE WHALES

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    thanks for telling our club ability punk. AS President of the club I think you are an animal abuser with that there fish on your head.

I assure you it's vice-versa.

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    FISH KILLER ANIMAL EATER STUFFED ANIMAL ABUSER

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Seem kinda vengeful there, Mr. D

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Quick! Check his computer's internet history!

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    EPIC REVEAL I AM THE VENGEANCE SEEKER, BUT NOT THE LASTTTTTT

SIKE

But you all better take care of your stuffed animals

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Grundlterror decided that he'd had enough of the vengeance game at Gekkoukan High, the students were just organized to well to let him get away with any more of his shenanigans. Inactivus High is where he needed to go, between the few students who'd transferred after being to afraid to continue partaking in activities at Gekkoukan, along with the already high student population, it was the ideal location to start anew.

It was all too convenient that the student council chose to expel him, and as he and Mr. Defecation were being led away, he smiled to himself, knowing that this wasn't the end, not by a long shit. Oh, and Zerinan got stabbed to death.

Village Victory!

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Seriously!?!

SERIOUSLY!??!?!

GRUNDL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oohhhh so grudged... so f'ing grudged.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So wait, the last vengeance seeker died of... Inactivity?

I don't know if I should laugh at this.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    you laugh and you're next on my grudge list.

http://gekkovengeance.proboards.com/index.cgi

There are our boards.

They should be unlocked.

so going to murdalize him.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That's quite a let down, actually.

But it does explain why Obbi was having so much trouble finding him... he wasn't around to be found. Looked like a fun game, but was there just too much information spread around?

Darian on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm the daredevil soul so OLOL INACTIVE LAST BADDIE, THANKS FOR LETTING US WIN CHAP I'M SO NOT GRUDGING YOU UNLIKE [strike]ONE OF[/strike] MANY OF YOUR TRAITOROUS TEAMMATES

:lol:

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Died way too soon. :| Fun times though.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I demand satisfaction Grundlterror!

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    First Phalla ever, and already I have a grudge to carry.

What the frak, Grundl. What the frak.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    God, I never would've suspected Grumbles. My theory the night previous was on Zerinan, but couldn't really justify it well enough to shift everythin' around.

I figured that if it was Grumbles, or even FWD or MacGuffin, or just about any other club that was left by ~Day 5, I would've seen more shenanigans happen. More blocks that didn't happen, or hit a target that I didn't want hit, or kills goin' through a supposed guard. That's when I was like "Man, it's gotta be Zerinan! It all makes sense! There's no shenanigans because the last dude's in a group that has the most useless power in the game!"

My biggest regret though, is that I couldn't have the game setup to where everybody died. I would've required way too much participation from people to get it to do what I want.

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    So yeah, I've definitely figured out more about how to not set things up from this game. Overall groups ended up being to small, and there were probably to many of them for the size. Also I think I needed to make the vigilante role a little different, or at the very least much less straight-forward. Even giving him a name other than vig in the narration may have helped keep the village from trusting him completely so early, although that was honestly some awesome vigging. I could definitely see where all the kills were coming from after the third day, but the first three were damn impressive intuition.

As far as groups go, I probably needed to make them closer to 1/6 of the population and have them organize themselves like in Ultimate Showdown and the older WOW phalla, which I heard was very good. Maybe over next winter break I'll be sure to take the time to this game right and fix it up.

Here's role stuffs, they should be as they are from when I originally sent them out, note host error #1231049, not putting the slacker clubs power in their initial PMs.
    Animal Appreciation Club: As lovers of animals, stuffed and otherwise, you are used to stepping in the way to defend helpless creatures. Every night, choose one target as a group and PM them to me along with a noble command telling them to stop or a mostly unrelated comment about cruelty to animals being wrong such as "Halt Evil-doer!" or "Fur is MURDER!". Whoever sends in the PM will then be the new target for any actions which had previously targeted your target.

Club Members: CrimsonCoyote, OrangeSoda, Mr. Defecation

Kendo Club: Kendo isn't just about hitting people with a big stick... wait, who am I kidding. You guys are ruthlessly efficient when it comes to blunt force trauma. Whether your here because you like kendo, you like the president of the Kendo club, or you didn't know where else to go after getting kicked off the Archery Club for stalking Yukari Takeba, you know how to handle a wooden sword. Every night as a group choose one target and PM them to me along with some sort of kiai (yelling like "Hi-ya!" as I understand it) and your target will be getting a knockin with your bokken. They will be mildly concussed, as a result, their vote will not count, and they will be unable to send in a PM to me (Although this does not prevent their group members from sending in a PM).

Club MemberS: CJ Iwakura, DarkPrimus, GrundlTerror

Student Council: Unfortunately, with recent of certain clubs, people with interests in debate and international relations were absorbed into the student counctil. You guys are the brains of this whole operation, as unfortunate as that is for everyone else. You make the rules, and everyone else has to play by them, or you'll make them pay. It has become custom for the Student Council to step in during times of strife and establish lighthearted rules. Not being one to dishonor tradition, every night as a group you must come up with a silly and trivial rule (restrictions to follow) and PM it to me. You may also PM me three players who did not follow your rule for that day, if it's their first offense, they'll be put on probation, on a second offense, they'll be expelled. Rules will be posted in big letters in narration and will only last for one day.
    - Cannot target anyone specific
    - Cannot force people to give up any information about their role, their teammates, or their targets
    - Cannot prevent people from using abilities
    - Cannot restrict their targets for abilities or the vote
    Examples: making everyone vote in the color lemon-chiffon, allowing votes to be submitted through PM, or requiring that everyone begin each post with "your mom".

Club Members: Kime, Gandalf, JaysonFour

Science Club: You guys do science... and math too.... and, well, really almost all academic pursuits. You've even got a top-secret lab with bizarre machines, telescopes, and robots. What do you do with this technology and knowledge..... spy on cute girls of course! Unfortunately since the strange events started happening at school they've been in short supply, and you've decided to use your knowledge for the good of everyone. Every night as a group choose a target and PM them to me. You will find out everyone who targeted them.

Club Members: Daius, Ergandar, enilightenedbum

SOS Brigade: You spread excitement.. all over the world even... and I hear Haruhi Suzumiya is somehow involved. Every night you may choose one target as a group and PM them to me. You're extreme enthusiasm will invigorate them and allow them to take a second action the next night, you may not target members of the SOS Brigade.

Club Members: Warban, HylianBunny, SpectralSpork

Occult Club: You guys are into vodoo and black magic and all that jazz. With this recent bizarre turn of events you see that now would be the perfect time to show how useful the supernatural powers you can summon can be. To bad you're all just crummy wanna-be David Blaine's and Anne Rice obsessed vampire lovers. Fortunately for everyone, you guys remembered to bring your ouija board. Every night, choose one dead target as a group and PM them to me. In an overly dramaticized ritual, you will attempt to commune with that persons dead spirit, PM me one question to ask them, and I will try contacting them to get a response, honest or not. Because nobody is dead on the first day, the second day you may do this twice.

Club Members: LonelyAhave, Witchdoctor DBM, Zerinan

Baroque Club: Ahh, the good old days, when music and art were complex and meaningful, when you didn't get made fun of for knowing what a harpsichord was, and when your school was under constant threat from some shadowy organization. Every night you can use your elaborate collection of art to delay someone, making them unable to take an action the next day. Choose your target as a group and send it in to me.

Club Members: Simon Wolf, Ultros64, Loxx

Horror Club: You guys are totally into death, gore, and darkness. Whether it's games, movies, or just all around being creepy, you live on the more horriffic side of life. As such, you feel are far less frightened by the recent wave of distrubing events than most of the rest of the school, in fact sometimes you're even a little excited by it. Seeing your bravery has emboldened some of the students, and every night you may choose one target as a group and PM them to me. Your target will not be afraid and will stand against those who seek to destroy them. Unfortunately, courage has a price, as anyone who attempted to attack them will find out who sent the PM in to protect them. You cannot target a member of the Horror club with this ability.

Club Members: DevoutlyApatheric, Kay, TheLawinator

Chess Club: You are by far the most cunning and brilliant students in the school, or at least that's what you like to think. They are merely pawns in your grand game to stop the insidious students who have turned to the dark side. But you have the upper hand since white always goes first. You have mastered the art of trading pawns for knights, and now is the time to put it to use. Every night, choose a target as a group and PM them to me. If anyone kills your target, you spring a masterful trap and take them out as well.

Club Members:Arasaki, Ryadic, Obbi

Sexy Commando Club: Maybe it's because you love weird shoulderpads, maybe it's because you love mustaches, maybe it's because this was the only group left to put you in. Either way, you are all members of the Sexy Commando Club. Every night you may attempt to disctract someone with your outlandish flashiness, preventing them from taking an action the next day. Choose your target as a group and PM it to me.

Club: Members: FunkyWaltDogg, B:L, MacGuffin

Slacker Club: You guys are masters at your trade, and by far some of the most productive slackers you've ever met. Just because you don't like doing work doesn't mean you can't do work when it needs to get done, everyone just knows that if you're involved, it's not going to get done until absoloutely necessary.

Club Members: Dac Vin, tommy2hands, element brian

You are a Vengeance Seeker: Every Night, as a group, select two targets to take revenge against and eliminate from the game. In addition to this power, you also have the last minute vengeance ability. Any time a bandwagon is formed against you (4 votes from non-Vengeance Seekers), the first person to vote for you has a 33% chance to be killed as last minute act of vengeance.

Vengeance Seekers: Gandalf_The_Crazed, SpectralSpork, GrundlTerror, Daius, DarkPrimus, LonelyAhava, CrimsonCoyote

You are a vigilante: Now is the time for action, not voting. Every night you may attempt to eliminate one student, PM your target to me.

You are the guard: You are one tough dude. Every night you may attempt to protect one student (other than yourself) from elimination, PM your target to me.

You are the seer: Well, more of a stalker actually, but it seems like all the cute girls have been disappearing lately. It's time to investigate this most heinous event. Every night you may attempt to see whether or not someone is good or evil, PM your target to me.

You are in charge of the club rosters: Every night you may review the rosters to determine what club a person is in, PM your target to me

You are a club president: Everyone knows that this recent wave of disturbances is the top priority, but once it's over, and of course it someday will be, what then. It'll be back to school politics as normal, and you know the only way to be on top is to have the biggest club. It may seem like you're putting the good of your club before everyone else, but that's because you actually are. If your club has more members than any other club at any point, you will be rewarded with a new power.

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Technically he got expelled by the Student Council, who was consistently guarded since I had WAY to many guard roles, at the end, I'm pretty sure there wasn't much he could do anyway without very exacting kills.

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    God, I never would've suspected Grumbles. My theory the night previous was on Zerinan, but couldn't really justify it well enough to shift everythin' around.

I figured that if it was Grumbles, or even FWD or MacGuffin, or just about any other club that was left by ~Day 5, I would've seen more shenanigans happen. More blocks that didn't happen, or hit a target that I didn't want hit, or kills goin' through a supposed guard. That's when I was like "Man, it's gotta be Zerinan! It all makes sense! There's no shenanigans because the last dude's in a group that has the most useless power in the game!"

My biggest regret though, is that I couldn't have the game setup to where everybody died. I would've required way too much participation from people to get it to do what I want.

If it can make you feel better, if I didn't die that night then you wouldn't had to guess one bit :|

Speaking of which, any reason why I wasn'T outed as a seer/stalker in the small narration? Just for simple curiosity.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Did you create the special abilities off the bat based on what groups were formed?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Dac Vin wrote: »

If it can make you feel better, if I didn't die that night then you wouldn't had to guess one bit :|

Speaking of which, any reason why I wasn'T outed as a seer/stalker in the small narration? Just for simple curiosity.

I completely forgot at the time, I think I went back and changed it, I know I did in the front page. I was definitely too ambitious for my inherent laziness.

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    SEXY UNLOCKU!

Moustache Lovers Club

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat